Lap Times - Nurburgring

• Thread starter tuff240
  • 212 comments
tuff240
I'll check it out as soon as I can. If anyone else can review it before me, please feel free to. 👍

I have a run on the TZ250 that I turned in a little too early, realised it, straightened up the bike, jumped over the curbing and partly over dirt (in the air) and haven't sub-mitted it for that reason. It's a 7:18.xxx.

7'18 on a 250 stroker ?.... DAMN.. I need to find another bike.. - I'm not so sure anymore that my VFR400 will break the 8 minute barrier - On the 8'07 posted, it sure felt like I was pushing it...

That '03 TZ250 is a insanely fast bike for it's 250cc size. My questionable turn is over a rumble strip. To me, it looks good, but it's really too close for me to feel comfortable without some other opinions.

7'18.xx? Looks like I have something to aim for! :sly:

SnyperP
That '03 TZ250 is a insanely fast bike for it's 250cc size. My questionable turn is over a rumble strip. To me, it looks good, but it's really too close for me to feel comfortable without some other opinions.

If only I could do a little fiddling with the gearing on the VFR... All I need is a little more topspeed down the final straight and I would close the 7 second gap. I'm bouncing off the limiter 80% of the straight...

Code:
[U][B]FREE RUN BIKE[/B][/U]                       [B][U]TYRE COMPOUND[/U][/B]         [U][B]TIME[/B][/U]

Yamaha TZ250 '03                    Soft                  7'07.657

Honda VFR400R '89                   2nd option?           7'52.414

I will put the replay data files up tomorrow.

SnyperP
Does anyone know if replays copied on Japanese copies will replay onto US copies?

Nope, they aren't region compatible. I've tried loading a US replay data file on the Japanese version of TT - hopefully somebody makes a converter. 👍

SnyperP
My run was in arcade mode with the hp tuned up and weight down.

Nice of you to not bump me off the 1000cc+ category in Tourist Trophy Mode (practice/free run) 1st spot just yet tiptopcream. I'm sure that won't last long. :scared:

i did a 8.29 in arcade with a nsr250rm ... but, its not clean ... had one crash and bounced off the wall once (ive only had it for a day, gemme a break! :P )

So i have my time after 3 laps at Ring, with stock GSXR 600 (except for exhaust) bit it's only 7.47.412.....very ridiculous after lap times red before
:guilty: :guilty:

I crashed 2 times....i think i can raise down time more than 10 seconds easily

Next days i try with all 600 and 1000

Attachments

• TT_Tempi_Ring_GSXR600.jpg
    TT_Tempi_Ring_GSXR600.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 17
Moriwaki Motul CBR1000RR

7:04.847 TT mode Not totally clean (my 7:09 was). I got offline and in the grass, it did not save me any time, but it was still not truely clean...

ringpb.jpg

Attachments

• REPLAY.zip
    62 KB · Views: 22
tuff240
Replay files are required for time submission.
However, if you are submitting multiple times, only your fastest run per class will be required, but please share all of your replays if you can. Any questioned runs with-out replays will have 2 days to provide a clean replay for that time. If replay is not provided within 2 days, the time will be removed from the leaderboard until replay is provided.
👍

i did a 7.31.463 on a yzf-r1. a replay is available, but, wont be posted since in the first 5 turns (i cant remember which) i cut a little too tightly and barelly got both my wheels on the grass. the rest of the lap is legal though.

i could probably go faster, but, i dont have the confedence in the bikes to push that hard. i need to tweak my set up as is now because it was really slow to respound and numb over 100mph.

just got done with my first clean (quick) lap ever on the Nurburgring in TT.

7'10.849 - Yamaha YZF-R1 RM '05 - Soft Tires - Arcade Mode

I wonder where I'm losing 8 seconds now. oh well, I've only played this game for about 8 days. I've been buliding up to the YZF-R1 Suzuka 8h bike. I'm about to give that a go. see ya in a minute(s).

rock. :cool:

-Stormryder-
Hey, you found my two videos/replays, cool :sly: . the 702-SR and 657-SR laps were done by me. If you all would like any help, please feel free. I also go on the TT (playstation underground) boards, but not often anymore. I'm glad to see all these good lap times.

Hope to see more videos cockpit view in your putfile folder, great style and great pad control 👍

-Stormryder-
Hey, you found my two videos/replays, cool :sly: . the 702-SR and 657-SR laps were done by me.
Very fast laps, looks like you are very good at TT already. 👍

However I watched both and the 6:57 did have a couple small "offs". Nothing you gained time from, but still I have to enforce the rules for everyone the same. I also have a question about the 7:02 run. In the first section I saw dirt fly and from the angle of the trackside camera I can't see if you went off or not.

I'm also guessing that they are in Arcade mode?

tuff240
Very fast laps, looks like you are very good at TT already. 👍

However I watched both and the 6:57 did have a couple small "offs". Nothing you gained time from, but still I have to enforce the rules for everyone the same. I also have a question about the 7:02 run. In the first section I saw dirt fly and from the angle of the trackside camera I can't see if you went off or not.

I'm also guessing that they are in Arcade mode?

The replays are the TT Mode "Free Run."

I somewhat disagree with going off track. All I did (from what I have seen myself) is just kick up dirt. Maybe you mean I hit the rumble strips? Im not sure myself if the rumble are considered part of the track. I know your concern, but all I did was kick up dirt, because I ran on the white line which I suppose is part of the track (which part of the replay are you refering to by the way? I may have an answer). I can make another replay no problem (just incase if you believe that video isnt valid). No hard feelings my friend(s). I already love this board 👍

tuff240
I also have a question about the 7:02 run. In the first section I saw dirt fly and from the angle of the trackside camera I can't see if you went off or not.

I think you saw smoke (or sparks). But no dirt, unless I am looking in the wrong section.

-Stormryder-
The replays are the TT Mode "Free Run."

I somewhat disagree with going off track. All I did (from what I have seen myself) is just kick up dirt. Maybe you mean I hit the rumble strips? Im not sure myself if the rumble are considered part of the track. I know your concern, but all I did was kick up dirt, because I ran on the white line which I suppose is part of the track (which part of the replay are you refering to by the way? I may have an answer). I can make another replay no problem (just incase if you believe that video isnt valid). No hard feelings my friend(s). I already love this board 👍
Do you have a USB device? You can download just the actual replay file instead of making an entire vid. I'm 99% sure the 6:57 had at least one small off, I quit watching after that (I'm at work), so not sure if there were more or not.

The 7:02 run looked very good, except where in the first section through the esses you kicked up some dust (you posted again while I was writing this - it could be tire smoke yes, I'll wait to see the replay to decide). From the angle of the vid, I can't see the tires at the ground, so I have no idea if you just got close to going off or actually went off.

Curbing is considered part of the track.

Replays/vids for verification are best from the "behind the bike" view. That way we can see if the tires go off track or not. Also, actual replay files are better as we can change angles if there is a questionable or hard to see circumstance.

I do not check any of the replays unless specifically asked to do so. I rely on the others to watch and comment if they see an "off". I watched your vids because it was easy for me to do so at work and it was for entertainment purposes, not to check the cleanliness of your runs. After watching your vids, I have no doubt you can run it 100% cleanly (and these may be, but I'd like to check them again), you are very very good. 👍

-Stormryder-
I think you saw smoke (or sparks). But no dirt, unless I am looking in the wrong section.
I just watched it again, and the part I was questioning at about 32 seconds into the vid does indeed look to be just smoke as you got the bike a little sideways at exit. 👍

On the 6:57 lap I'd like to see the replay at:
2:28 - Looks clean, but would still like to see a better angle
2:49 - Looks like you went past the rumple strip, but again, bad angle
2:52/2:53 - Clearly 2 tires off, although barely( this is where I stopped before)
Same thing again at 2:55
Rest of the lap looks spectacular (from the angles I can see).

I'd be proud to show that run off in a vid if it was mine. 👍
Unfortunately, there are 2 minor offs and I won't post it to the leaderboard.
I will however post up the 7:02 lap in black until I can verify it. 👍

as much as i like nordschliefe, im not good enough on a bike to stand up to your standards. is there a thread for the "slightly less prefect, but, mostly clean" laptimes? :|

Back