Lap Times - Nurburgring

• Thread starter tuff240
  • 212 comments
definately dirt kicked up in the 7:02 lap, if failures were on, that lap wouldnt count. Ive had a few times where ive barely touched it and havent put a time up cos the rules state no off track laps will count. great driving all the same tho and you'll easily match that again without kicking dirt up.

[empty space]
as much as i like nordschliefe, im not good enough on a bike to stand up to your standards. is there a thread for the "slightly less prefect, but, mostly clean" laptimes? :|
Slow down. Then slowly go faster. You will run several laps before getting a clean one. That's what makes the clean fast laps so spectacular.

My standards are the basic OLR standards that have been in place for years in GT.

SnyperP
There is one questionable turn, it's very close to a dirt hit. I'll let tuff decide if this replay is legal.

Theres still quite a bit of room for improvement still!
I finally got around to checking this run last night. Took a long time to check as it was near the end of the lap and I had to keep fast forwarding to that section to try to pause it at different times at the point in question. It is clean. 👍

I have pics of how close it was, but I forgot my usb transfer device at home this morning. :dunce:
I'll post them up Monday so everyone can see how close he got. :scared:

tuff240
However I watched both and the 6:57 did have a couple small "offs". Nothing you gained time from, but still I have to enforce the rules for everyone the same.

On the 6:57 lap I'd like to see the replay at:
2:28 - Looks clean, but would still like to see a better angle
2:49 - Looks like you went past the rumple strip, but again, bad angle
2:52/2:53 - Clearly 2 tires off, although barely( this is where I stopped before)
Same thing again at 2:55
Rest of the lap looks spectacular (from the angles I can see).
-Stormryder- sent me the replay file for his 6:57 lap and it does have a small problem of going off around the 2:52 mark on the video.
The 2:28 and 2:49 marks were okay, but it was clearly 2 tires off at the 2:52 mark. A shame really as it on a straightaway and it just barely weaves off the pavement onto the grass and then back onto the pavement. Good reason to try again and go faster I guess. ;)

I have pics that I will post up Monday (forgot my usb thingy at home as I said above).

Still would like to see the 7:02 lap file as it may very well be good. 👍

tuff240
Slow down. Then slowly go faster. You will run several laps before getting a clean one. That's what makes the clean fast laps so spectacular.

My standards are the basic OLR standards that have been in place for years in GT.

okay, correct if me if wrong, but, for gt its legal as long as two wheels are on a legal surface? but, motorcycles only have two wheels. purhapes small moments like running over a curb and using a bit of grassbut, back on the curb. or when you run out of curbing and touch the grass slightly before getting back on the pavement. im just suggesting we adjust the rules slighlty for the different vehicles.

anyways, hows this for slow:

vfr400r '89/tt mode/NA/7'55.196 [edit - nevermind, apparently i hit a patch of grass, but, no dust was thrown up]

[empty space]
okay, correct if me if wrong, but, for gt its legal as long as two wheels are on a legal surface? but, motorcycles only have two wheels. purhapes small moments like running over a curb and using a bit of grassbut, back on the curb. or when you run out of curbing and touch the grass slightly before getting back on the pavement. im just suggesting we adjust the rules slighlty for the different vehicles.
Too many variables. It's easier to just keep it to 2 wheels on.

In real life if you hit grass/dirt while leaned over on a bike hanging a turn, you're going to eat shmit. Plain and simple.

You are more than welcome to start another thread with whatever rules you prefer, I am just a member here and am trying to keep the playing field as even as possible. From my years of racing GT with others online, it's just easier to avoid conflicts if the laps MUST be clean. Sorry.

If anyone is having a hard time running a full lap of Nurburgring cleanly, try posting in some of the other threads at tracks with shorter distances until your skills improve. The more you play, the better you will become. Eventually it will be easy to turn a "clean" decent lap, but anytime you start pushing the limits, it gets harder. This is what seperates the really good riders/drivers from the rest.

[empty space]
the examples i used are where the bike is straight up and down. i wasnt suggesting moments like you suggested.
How would you verify that the bike is straight up and down?
Would almost straight up and down count?
If on a straight and you go off you must lean to get back on track usually.
How much leaning is too much?

There are too many variables and too many possibilities for it to be advantageous to one person and dis-advantages to another.

It's an argument waiting to happen and I haven't the time for it. Sorry, I will keep my thread as 2 wheels on all the time.

tuff240
How would you verify that the bike is straight up and down?
Would almost straight up and down count?
If on a straight and you go off you must lean to get back on track usually.
How much leaning is too much?

There are too many variables and too many possibilities for it to be advantageous to one person and dis-advantages to another.

It's an argument waiting to happen and I haven't the time for it. Sorry, I will keep my thread as 2 wheels on all the time.

Your rules have made me faster, and I mean ALOT faster. Trust me :)

tuff - if its not on the center of the wheel, then, itd be a crash? but, the entire point of why it was brought up here is because bikes are much harder to controll here and concentraiting on staying with in the lines is distracting me from keeping the bike in check (thus ending up where i didnt want to be in the first place) understand where im coming from?

-Stormryder- how many laps have you done? track time is key, specially for the ring :P

[empty space]
tuff - if its not on the center of the wheel, then, itd be a crash? but, the entire point of why it was brought up here is because bikes are much harder to controll here and concentraiting on staying with in the lines is distracting me from keeping the bike in check (thus ending up where i didnt want to be in the first place) understand where im coming from?

-Stormryder- how many laps have you done? track time is key, specially for the ring :P

Well, probably more than 300 laps I'd say. I was gonna wait till I got the video, but 3 days ago I hit 6'52.660. I have more room to cut down the time aswell. Anyhow, the video isnt valid, as the grooves in the track made me veer off like half an inch off the track for about .2 seconds. Oh well, I'll try again tommorow.

what bike are you using? my goal for the moment would be a 7.15 if i can keep it clean with the yzf-r1 rm. i managed a 7.18 with a crash and a couple run offs. i made a couple of tweaks to the set up, but, my focus/fun levels usually keep at 5-10 laps a sitting :(

Hi -Stormryder- . I manage a lap with the Moriwaki 8H of 6:52.138

The lap was almost perfect but even if there where still room to improve this is the best i can do. BTW two wheel on the track for the entire lap. Like you i've been driving this track for so many hours. PLEASE but PLEASE beat my time and show them a video.

sync
Hi -Stormryder- . I manage a lap with the Moriwaki 8H of 6:52.138

The lap was almost perfect but even if there where still room to improve this is the best i can do. BTW two wheel on the track for the entire lap. Like you i've been driving this track for so many hours. PLEASE but PLEASE beat my time and show them a video.

Alright then, maybe I should use the Moriwaki 8H bike.... as I'm just using a regular RM bike.... Anyhow, I will eventually show everyone. Someone actually can run with me now, hehe.

if your going to use one of the 8 hour bikes, id suggest the 7 star honda since the others dont seem to be that much better than the regular RM's.

[empty space]
if your going to use one of the 8 hour bikes, id suggest the 7 star honda since the others dont seem to be that much better than the regular RM's.

I tried that this morning, I'm better off with the RM bikes (especially the 1000RR RM) . It's really strange but the 8H bikes are just.... I guess not for me you could say.

Just done 6'59.526 on the Tiger CBR 1000.

Couple of shady grass hits unfortunately :(

The lap after the 6'59.526 I was about 2 seconds ahead of my ghost but fell off coming off the big straight. Hit a bump, high sided the bike, then nearly threw the ps2 pad at the telly.

I reckon, with a bit of tweak to the final gear of the bike, I should be back on here soon with a 6'57 or 6'58.

The Uncreated
Just got the game, but I can promise you now, I'll be a dominant force. Look out for me.

Uncreated

Um.. not to get on you about anything, but trust me. You will not catch me OR sync, maybe in a few months you will keep up with me. Watch what you say.

Jim3
Just done 6'59.526 on the Tiger CBR 1000.

Couple of shady grass hits unfortunately :(

The lap after the 6'59.526 I was about 2 seconds ahead of my ghost but fell off coming off the big straight. Hit a bump, high sided the bike, then nearly threw the ps2 pad at the telly.

I reckon, with a bit of tweak to the final gear of the bike, I should be back on here soon with a 6'57 or 6'58.

Need any help? I ran a clean 6'59 with a R6 RM, didnt save the video, I wish I had. Let me know...

-Stormryder-
You will not catch me OR sync, maybe in a few months you will keep up with me. Watch what you say.

Heh, a few months? Just got this game last week and I've never played it on anything but pro mode with manual transmission. I've already crushed the Novice, Beginner and Expert tests with all gold save one bronze (which I'll be correcting shortly before I destroy Super). Speed, control and smoothness is gradually becoming my middle name. Give me time and we shall see.

Uncreated

The Uncreated
Heh, a few months? Just got this game last week and I've never played it on anything but pro mode with manual transmission. I've already crushed the Novice, Beginner and Expert tests with all gold save one bronze (which I'll be correcting shortly before I destroy Super). Speed, control and smoothness is gradually becoming my middle name. Give me time and we shall see.

Uncreated

Alright then, lets see what you can do since you think your good.

tuff240
I finally got around to checking this run last night. Took a long time to check as it was near the end of the lap and I had to keep fast forwarding to that section to try to pause it at different times at the point in question. It is clean. 👍

I have pics of how close it was, but I forgot my usb transfer device at home this morning. :dunce:
I'll post them up Monday so everyone can see how close he got. :scared:
Pics from SnyperP's run:

snyperp01.jpg

snyperp02.jpg

snyperp03.jpg

tuff240
-Stormryder- sent me the replay file for his 6:57 lap and it does have a small problem of going off around the 2:52 mark on the video.
The 2:28 and 2:49 marks were okay, but it was clearly 2 tires off at the 2:52 mark. A shame really as it on a straightaway and it just barely weaves off the pavement onto the grass and then back onto the pavement. Good reason to try again and go faster I guess. ;)

Still would like to see the 7:02 lap file as it may very well be good. 👍
Pic from 2:52...

stormryder.jpg

Thanks guys. 👍

I guess I should check it tonight and make sure it's clean too. :dunce:

Hadn't played for a while and it was kind of hard getting used to it again. Add to that I changed a bunch of settings and it feels much different now. Took about 10+ restarts just to get one mediocre clean lap in.

presuming you guys are running in TT mode, what have you guys done to make the jumps bareable and to keep the bike inline at over 200mph? ive to slow down to 150-160 to make it through the turn at the end of the lone straight otherwise ill wobble off track.

Back