Large day one patch!

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by Spagetti69, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Ryan81

Ryan81

No, unfortunately. I don't have a phone socket in my bedroom. They are all downstairs.

2. dr_slump

dr_slump Premium

But... what's with your router? Can't you connect it to your router? Or directly to your modem?

About every router and especially modems should have at least 1 ethernet port...

3. gambleboyen

gambleboyen

It's obviously since they weren't finished with the game when they started pressing bluray discs. So what you get physically is a playable but not complete beta version.

The alternative was probably to release the game after christmas.

4. Ryan81

Ryan81

I can but I'd need to take the PS3 downstairs along with my TV. If I take my router upstairs to where the PS3 is, there is no phone socket to connect it to.

5. sinner

sinner

Nothing in the news/notification page.

6. jsjakesaid

jsjakesaid

Ok, download failed... usualsuckywirelessconnection.. connected downstairs w/ethernet... 6 minute remaining :)
    EDIT: 100%
    INSTALLING

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  7. Lord Protector

Lord Protector

Which would result in far less sold copies.

8. OzOldTimer

OzOldTimer

Looks like I am lucky as my download has already reached 29% after 25 minutes with an estimated 39 minutes to go. Frankly, I am pleasantly surprised that it is available now and that it is going this well. Knowing how busy the servers are going to be with game downloads, Anniversary DLC etc and now the update I feared the servers would crash. We all just need to be a little patient. Cheers

Eric1512 likes this.
  9. amar212

amar212 Premium

Because the 1.00 version that is printed on the BluRay discs have been submitted for testing and mastering verification (print) weeks and weeks and weeks ago (sometime during early October).

We are getting almost a two-month of upgraded version compared to "gold" one.

10. bodger

bodger

October. Wow. This is a much more meaty update that we thought then.

11. Cosbuster

Cosbuster

I guess I'm lucky as it seems to be going pretty fast. Shouldn't take more than 15 minutes.

TCSTigersClaw likes this.
  12. Ryan81

Ryan81

That's all great news for those who have a fast connection and also more importantly are not on wireless. If you're on wireless, it's just an inconvenience.

13. jsjakesaid

jsjakesaid

5 mins is what it took me... install is taking more time than download... amazed by the ethernet connection speed of my router... wireless sucks -.-

Why yes, yes it does :/

Should i update you guys with anything new i find or do you have it covered?

Same here. i tought my ps3 froze a couple of times, but it's just the install is slow.
    Install at 92% now

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
    Flying Scots and Cosbuster like this.
  14. bodger

bodger

Would it be possible to check the options and see if the multi display/monitor options are now there?

That would be super...

15. Gejabo

Gejabo Premium

Download took less then ten minutes but it has been installing for half an hour :D

jsjakesaid likes this.
  16. Switzer

Switzer

Mine downloaded and installed in about 20 minutes. Nothing special from what I can see. No new cars yet. Just different intro vid and online lobby and seasonal events are now unlocked. Server is still down though. Vision GT has been added

17. Gejabo

Gejabo Premium

Does anybody know if the codes work now aswell, now that the server is up.

18. WonkyFonk

WonkyFonk

19. CoolColJ

CoolColJ

Maybe more under the hood changes - physics , AI etc

20. icenl

icenl

Did any of the car prizes change?

21. TCSTigersClaw

TCSTigersClaw

Dude where did you take it from! ? Shipped ? :)

22. step_one

step_one

And that you get the GT Academy 2013 GT-R and the Sport Megane from the Japanese PSN account ?

23. sinner

sinner

Under Display, I only see "Display Size" & "Brightness and Image Quality".

bodger likes this.
  24. bodger

bodger

Oh dear. Not good news. Looks like we might have to wait a few months for this as per GT5...

Thanks for checking.

25. Shidapu

Shidapu

I asked him before but i guess he is too busy playing...:rolleyes:

TCSTigersClaw likes this.
  26. aronh17

aronh17

If you're having issues downloading on wireless, there's either A. a wireless conflict of connection (i.e. phones, other wireless devices using same frequency) B. you don't have your wireless router set up correctly or C. the router is bad. I have a basic Netgear router that was $40 and on WiFi downloading on PS3 is usually 1 to 2 megabytes per second (yes megabytes, not megabits). Key things, either forward ports or make sure UPnP is on. Sometimes with old routers the UPnP will fail to work. If you use UPnP make sure it's on for your PS3. There is absolutely nothing wrong with WiFi connection, as WiFi has come a long way from what it used to be. I only gain 1ms ping to the same server playing on WiFi.

That said, if you do have the ability to "hardwire" the connection, it's always the best option.

Side note: If you play using one of the official Sony Wireless Headsets (NOT the bluetooth one), set your WiFi channel to channel 1. Higher than that messes with WiFi connection.

27. KamatsuKyoto

KamatsuKyoto

Any improvements in the sound department?

28. Cosbuster

Cosbuster

Tyre sounds seems to have been upgraded.

29. johnmaxmanoy

johnmaxmanoy (Banned)

Come on More clean standards in the update please.

RetroGiant likes this.
  30. steve30x

steve30x

I'm sure thats what the car wash is for