Large day one patch!

• Thread starter Spagetti69
  • 497 comments
I don't envy the people downloading the game from the PSN store now.

Not only will they need to download nearly 15gb for the game, they will need to download a subsequent 1.2 gb.

This is fantastic news, however I am keeping my self in check. I may have to avoid the forums from here out as GT is still is be released in here in Oz and get me some surprises when I get the game

You forgot a zero. ;)

Google Fiber is up to 1,000mbps.
You are still limited to the speed of the server you are downloading from. I have 150MB/s internet but I have never seen anything doiwnload fatser than 15MB/s.

Too bad my ps3 downloads at about 100kb/s even though my computer downloads at 18mb/s
If you are using the PS3's wifi plug in an ethernet cable. The wifi in the PS3 is awful. I have the same problem with my PS3.

Not only will they need to download nearly 15gb for the game, they will need to download a subsequent 1.2 gb.
You would hope that they have an updated version of the full download with the patch combined. Rather than having to apply the delta updates.

You never know though.

You are still limited to the speed of the server you are downloading from. I have 150MB/s internet but I have never seen anything doiwnload fatser than 15MB/s.

If you are using the PS3's wifi plug in an ethernet cable. The wifi in the PS3 is awful. I have the same problem with my PS3.
+1 massive difference. I recently had to download all 20+ updates for a fresh GT5 install after I put an SSD in my PS3.

The wifi download was taking an eternity, wired straight into the router and it the difference was dramatic. PS3 can't support the 'n' version of the 801 standard or something...it's pretty bad.

If it's a patch for existing files, I suspect the download version will always contain the most up to date content.

So you wouldn't have to download the base game, then 1.2gb on top... I think you'd be downloading an already patched version of the game. So, in effect all you'd have to download is extra content.

Hi, are you talking about the download on the psn store or the download is actually on you're ps3?
I have auto download on and can see it in the store, but its not letting me have it yet...

You guys might want to take a look at ps3 proxy. Google it if you are in a rush to get the patch. You can download the patch on pc from the same psn server your ps3 would in whatever download manager you want and set your ps3 to download from it. It is much quicker than downloading on the ps3 and you can pause and resume it then. I used itnto get my gt5 up to date a while back. Helps when you are on a poor 2mb connection like I am. I'm on my phone now will try and get the links up later

I have a wireless router downstairs and every 15 minutes or so the connection goes down. So does that mean I'm screwed if there's a 523MB file to download?

I have a wireless router downstairs and every 15 minutes or so the connection goes down. So does that mean I'm screwed if there's a 523MB file to download?
Yes

You have to download an update at once.

Yep. I suggest you move the PS3 to the router and connect it with a network cable. It will be more stable and faster, once updated, move the PS3 back upstairs.

Yes

You have to download an update at once.

Great. Well done, PD. Nice one. In other words, I've got to hotwire an ethernet cable into my phone socket downstairs so the sodding connection doesn't time out. The wonders of modern technology.

Great. Well done, PD. Nice one. In other words, I've got to hotwire an ethernet cable into my phone socket downstairs so the sodding connection doesn't time out. The wonders of modern technology.
Can't you move your PS3 upstairs?

Yep. I suggest you move the PS3 to the router and connect it with a network cable. It will be more stable and faster, once updated, move the PS3 back upstairs.

Thanks, that's unfortunately my only option. Why they couldn't this on the disc to begin with is beyond me.

Back