Latest GT Sport Mileage Exchange Update Adds Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.3 Road Car

Been waiting for the TE37 Ultras to come back around. Only bought one colour last time for some reason!

Glad the Alfa's turned up too, and that I can buy some more BMWs for my Police fleet now GT League has given me loads of Mileage points to use!

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180109111550.png
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180109111604.png
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180109111630.png

There’s a saying:

“Save the best for last.”

The 4C Gr.3 Road Car lives by that quote. Stable handling for an MR even on full tune.

That Alfa Romeo is a torque beast if you get it set right, and like stated about you do have to adjust the height a bit too..

Another question? I never got the game from the start, and pretty sure I missed out on a few of the road cars, so will they be offered again in the future? I hope so...

What's the point in these road versions? Serious question.
They're cool.

The homologation special is one of the reasons why the 1960s-1990s (but particularly the 1980s) were so awesome for cars. RS200, 037 Stradale, ur quattro, Ferrari GTO, CLK-LM, 911 GT1 Strassenversion - even the M3 and 190E AMG were race cars sold as road cars... great days.

These days, competition cars are the remotest possible cousins of their road-going counterparts, and you can't buy street versions of the racing cars. In the 1980s/90s you could buy a road version of the car that won Le Mans, or the top category of GT racing, or the car that won the WRC. Imagine driving a TS050 road car, a GT-R GT3 road car or a Citroen C3 WRC road car today; that's what the 1980s/90s was like - you could do that.

Okay, so GT Sport's "Gr.3" and "Gr.B" cars are largely not real, and the road cars based on them aren't either, but they're cool to have because homologation specials are cool and a reminder of the best era for cars.

There
They're cool.

The homologation special is one of the reasons why the 1960s-1990s (but particularly the 1980s) were so awesome for cars. RS200, 037 Stradale, ur quattro, Ferrari GTO, CLK-LM, 911 GT1 Strassenversion - even the M3 and 190E AMG were race cars sold as road cars... great days.

These days, competition cars are the remotest possible cousins of their road-going counterparts, and you can't buy street versions of the racing cars. In the 1980s/90s you could buy a road version of the car that won Le Mans, or the top category of GT racing, or the car that won the WRC. Imagine driving a TS050 road car, a GT-R GT3 road car or a Citroen C3 WRC road car today; that's what the 1980s/90s was like - you could do that.

Okay, so GT Sport's "Gr.3" and "Gr.B" cars are largely not real, and the road cars based on them aren't either, but they're cool to have because homologation specials are cool and a reminder of the best era for cars.

Aston have not been too far off with the GT3, GT5, GT8 and GT12

CJ

What's the point in these road versions? Serious question.
They add a whole new set of cars that fit within the "world" of GT Sport and probably take l relatively little resources to make since they already have the Gr.3 models as a base.

I assume a road GR3 can be used in GR3 daily races?
I don't think so- they are all N500 class, aren't they?

hard to visualise 'B6 Aluminum Met. (Blue)' or 'PW Colorshift'
PD's paint code nomenclature isn't hard to decode. There's basically a letter for the colour, a number for the saturation (lower = less) and then a finish. "Colorshift" has the letter for the colours it shifts between.

B6 Aluminum Met. would thus be quite a blue blue (closer to royal blue than sky blue), with an aluminium-type finish. PW Colorshift would be purple/white.

For reasons I can't quite determine, there's a subset of colours - kept separate in the livery editor list - called Dark. "Dark" seems to be a luminosity modifier to the saturation rather than the finish, and so far only appears with Candy Metallic, Small Flakes and Large Flakes finishes. As you can see from the three Darks in this selection, they're usually brown, or not far off it.

PD's paint code nomenclature isn't hard to decode. There's basically a letter for the colour, a number for the saturation (lower = less) and then a finish. "Colorshift" has the letter for the colours it shifts between.

B6 Aluminum Met. would thus be quite a blue blue (closer to royal blue than sky blue), with an aluminium-type finish. PW Colorshift would be purple/white.

For reasons I can't quite determine, there's a subset of colours - kept separate in the livery editor list - called Dark. "Dark" seems to be a luminosity modifier to the saturation rather than the finish, and so far only appears with Candy Metallic, Small Flakes and Large Flakes finishes. As you can see from the three Darks in this selection, they're usually brown, or not far off it.

That's fine and makes sense, but it would also be nice to have a look at how these colours actually look in game. I'm not saying it's some mystery, but a list of colour names is never going to be as interesting or engaging as being able to actually see the colours. At least for me.

But for the PW Colorshift, how would you know it was purple and white?

That's fine and makes sense, but it would also be nice to have a look at how these colours actually look in game. I'm not saying it's some mystery, but a list of colour names is never going to be as interesting or engaging as being able to actually see the colours. At least for me.
That's what the thread's for :D We've got limited room in the news articles and limited time - we just can't capture 14 paints and 16 wheels applied to cars to show how they look. It doesn't usually take all that long until someone posts some of them in the discussion thread - and the speed shapes don't really work that well compared to seeing them on a car.
But for the PW Colorshift, how would you know it was purple and white?
It's in the name.

The paint codes are R(ed), O(range), Y(ellow), G(reen), B(lue), P(urple), W(hite) and K(gray... Kgray? K... Knot any other colour? I don't know). Colorshift paints have two or three letters that represent the shades in the shift.

So far we've had BPG (blue/purple/green), BPR (blue/purple/red), BPY (blue/purple/yellow), POY (purple/orange/yellow), PRY (purple/red/yellow) and PW (purple/white) and YW (yellow/white).

There's also been a couple of weird ones. YYG (yellow/yellow/green) seems to be like the reflex spice colour of old TVRs, and perhaps suggests that the colours aren't evenly distributed - there's more yellow to it than green. We've also had numbered Colorshifts: BPP1, GW2 and YBP1. I have no idea what these mean, as no explanation I have makes any sense. Then there's the two Zs - PZK and PZW - which appear to indicate a holographic colorshift.

Back