Le Mans 2010 and GT5

Serbia
Belgrade
FrancSRB
We saw GT5 demo at Nurburgring 24h, so can we expect demo at this year Le Man race?? Gran Turismo is big sponsor of this event. What you think people??

Yep, very likely.

I'm eager to see the rebuilt version of the second best track in the game. :lol:

But this time, a little demo showing some Group C cars wouldn't hurt anyone...

It was there last year, so hopefully they'll have the new version there this year :)

I'll certainly have a go if it is there, but won't have any internet to upload photos / videos unfortunately...

I think it was actually already announced that there will be a GT Stand at Le Mans,
and the fact that Kazunori will not be able to be theire due to his presence at E3

Hope so, would be a bit strange to show the Nürburgring demo again over there and I agree with Dan that La Sarthe is one of my all time favourite tracks alongside the mighty Nür.
Would be logical to assume if there's a new Le Mans demo it would include some of the Group C cars as well as those current Diesel-Monsters perhaps and some current racers from the GT-class ( AM DBR9? ).:)

I think it was actually already announced that there will be a GT Stand at Le Mans,
and the fact that Kazunori will not be able to be theire due to his presence at E3
Indeed, confirmed a few months ago.

According to a very reliable NeoGAF member they will have a big presentation there.
But they had a GTHD/5 booth there since 2007, so it's not really surprising.

I wouldn't count on any new cars though, we haven't seen any in the Nordschleife demo either.

I dont think we will see anything spectacular GT5-wise at le mans. It's just a few days apart from E3, where we all expect the big annoucements to come. I would be surprised if they split the focus up around E3 and anywhere else.

I dont think we will see anything spectacular GT5-wise at le mans. It's just a few days apart from E3, where we all expect the big annoucements to come. I would be surprised if they split the focus up around E3 and anywhere else.

Could be a clever tactic to split attention, one is the biggest annual gaming event, the other the biggest annual motorsport event.
Both attract a different audience sharing an interest in GT5, maybe it's not splitting the focus but shooting a double barrel shotgun for maximum exposure to either the casual gamer, petrolhead and anything in between.:)

The only thing 'spectacular' we should see is a new version of La Sarthe, as opposed to a shinier version of the one from GT4. And maybe a couple of new LMP or GT cars that we haven't seen (Heres hoping for the Aston Martin DBR9 that was the subject of Famine's mystery car).

But aside from that I don't expect anything new. At least nothing like Weather cycles or night racing.

Reasonable theory. Infact, I predict two of the prototypes they'll have playable on the demo (assuming its the lastest game build demo and not Gamescom/TGS/CES/SLS build) will be the Audi R10 and Mazda 787B from both the original E3 trailer and the AGS trailer.

France is an important market and Le Mans has an uncomparable tradition. Hope, we'll get the Peugeot 908 Hdi/FAP in it's shiny 2009-livery with chrome all over

I was at the 75th Le Mans event in 2007. Both Forza and GT had demos then and I believe each year since. I didn't get to play either of them then, was enjoying everything else (it's an awesome time). I'm debating on going this year since I missed out 08 and 09 due to other priorities. I def will wait on line to play but only after many beers and some gran marnier (sp?) crepes :D

I was at the 75th Le Mans event in 2007. Both Forza and GT had demos then and I believe each year since. I didn't get to play either of them then, was enjoying everything else (it's an awesome time). I'm debating on going this year since I missed out 08 and 09 due to other priorities. I def will wait on line to play but only after many beers and some gran marnier (sp?) crepes :D

If you have a HD camera and a tripod... 💡

If you don't, ask around. Borrow one at all costs :lol:

Please go and record some videos!!!!! :)

:)I'll be there with my brother and will be searching out the GT stand like the terminator searched for John Connor:D
If I find it my camera will be pulled out and much recording will commence:sly:

France is an important market and Le Mans has an uncomparable tradition. Hope, we'll get the Peugeot 908 Hdi/FAP in it's shiny 2009-livery with chrome all over

I doubt they'll have the 2009 and earlier works cars, seeing as there was a certain associate sponsor on the car:
peugeot908.c478fa88694os44wcccgkko00.a5fuq7lrqzkgc0ccw4ss08gso.th.jpeg

Now the Pescarolo customer car from last year that got demolished in that accident in the night would almost certainly make it in, for obvious reasons:
Pescarolo_MagnyCours_b003-VIMAGES-FABRE.jpg

Ditto for the 2010 works cars, since that sponsor no longer seems to be supporting them:
NV184802_1.jpg

I don't think we'll get new cars. But I wouldn't be surprised if we see new LeMans style cars in GT5. The Pescarolo customer Peugeot 908 should be there. If not from a couple years back, than the new one with the Yellow. I also wouldn't be surprised if most of the cars at LeMans this year have a Gran Turismo logo like all the cars at the Nurburgring 24Hour race had. That would be great. I think GT5 is set to be one of the biggest games, ever. So with that in mind I would say they want to be well represented at the biggest race ever. Lets hope.

I don't think we'll get new cars. But I wouldn't be surprised if we see new LeMans style cars in GT5. The Pescarolo customer Peugeot 908 should be there. If not from a couple years back, than the new one with the Yellow. I also wouldn't be surprised if most of the cars at LeMans this year have a Gran Turismo logo like all the cars at the Nurburgring 24Hour race had. That would be great. I think GT5 is set to be one of the biggest games, ever. So with that in mind I would say they want to be well represented at the biggest race ever. Lets hope.

That doesn't apply to any ACO certified series. In fact, you'll find none of them have the series sponsor uniform on the windshield as you did at the Nurburgring race. You'll defintely see "Gran Turismo 5" plastered across the tire walls, but thats about it.

Yeah dude! :D

Rocketing down Mulsanne straight at 400kph, guided just by the tailights of the your opponents. Epic, just EPIC! 👍

Back