League of Mature Rookie Racers -CST

• Thread starter akira2501
  • 502 comments
So I'll need 1 car from each class for tonights race and we'll be doing 1 race from each class? Just making sure since I currently do not have any car setups whatsoever for online racing.

Yes, for each series race there will be the 4 classes raced. (no race car)
Damage will be off, so don't worry about getting your favorite car damaged.

Last edited:
Trying to get in but I don't think any of you guys are on my friends list. Could someone add me or message me the room #? PSNID: Piler

I had a pretty good time tonight. I think that a points system would be cool just to keep everyone a little competitive. Something like giving 1st place 16 points and subtract one point all the way down to 16th place which will get 1 point. That way everyone at least gets a point and if you can't get into a couple races then you can still see where you are at in relation to the other racers in the league. Plus, the results will vary between each race and class. What do you guys think? Let's brainstorm and make this league even more fun. We could post all the known driver's names by PSN ID in the first post of this thread that way new people could see that we have something going on and join in if they want. Whenever Akira decides to stop the league or finish the first season we would all be able to see where we finished in points and have a little bragging rights for the next season or league.

That was a fun bit of racing last night, that track is tough when you jam a dozen cars into the first corner! Hahaha. Sorry I had to split early, had to get up early for work.

Thanks
Clip.

I think a points system is a great idea as well. Here is what I propose:
Placing Points
1st 15
2nd 14
3rd 13
4th 12
......and so on.

This way if we only have 10 racers, last place would still get 6 points. Last place with 16 racers would get zero points. Putting the point totals on the first post would be a good idea as well so everyone can see right away how we rank.

What do you think.

I had a great time at the races last night. I definately need some more practice and do some tuning on my cars. Good luck to everyone. See you next time!

That was a ton of fun. Seems like there were good battles all along the grid. I was involved in a couple with slammedc and G4Geisha in the first and second races of Class D. Being three cars wide down the straight on R246 going into that 90-degree first corner was a thrill.

I think Clipless basically ruled until he had to leave. The points system suggested above is fine. The F1 points system would be cool too, although that would mean drivers placing 11-16 would get no points.

EDIT: Yea, I needed to be better prepared. I just had a car prepared for Class D. None of the other cars I used were tuned to the track at all. It might also be cool if we could set two days a week where we do league races. We can have practice/fun races the other nights when there are a few people online. That way there is some consistancy to the schedule.

Last edited:
I may have appeared that I ruled but I was also back of the pack in the first race. Lol. You can run alot faster on that track once you get out of the traffic. I did practice run that track and tune my two cars a bit for about 45 minutes before the race.

I am gonna buy cars for the other classes over the next couple of days so I am ready for Thursday. Not working Friday so I should be able to stay until the end.

What track are we running Thursday? I would like to make sure my cars ar ready.

Yes, I know what you mean. I think I finished 4th, 2nd, 8th, 9th. Since we are basically setting this series up to see who is up there across all different kinds of cars, perhaps we can have Class D, C, B, A, Super GT, DTM, Rally? I would have included F1 in there but I cant afford one right now :) We could split it up such that Class D - Class A on Mondays and Super GT, DTM and Rally on Thursdays?

Another suggestion would be to reverse grid based on last race results. So the race winner starts the next race at the back of the grid. It would make the series closer and more exciting.

Great races last night guys! I honestly had a lot of fun.
Check the front page for leader boards and race schedule.
I'll also be posting the next 2 tracks so you can prepare your cars.

Official Scoring (BETA)
I came up with a point system last night that I implemented.
Zutalores – Came up with numbers too which were good, but the reason I didn't implement them was because I only kept records for the top three, not all in class. Plus I'm doing all the math as I go on a notepad so I wanted to keep it simple. If you guys don't like my system though, just let me know.

Ok, here's what I came up with; first place is worth 5 points, second 3, third 2.
As the season goes on we'll have a winner in each class (who ever finishes with the most points in class), and a overall league winner, (highest total points).

Each race day will consist of 2 tracks, 1 race per class on each of the 2 tracks.
For yesterday's race I only counted the first race, not any repeats we did. I also did not include the first false start on class D.

Thanks for the effort you are putting into all this, Akira.

Personally, I think the point system you are proposing does not give the racers outside the top three to really 'race'. For example, there were races last night when the top three or four cars pulled away from the rest of the grid as a pack.

There could be another pack of cars in 7th, 8th and 9th place, but if none of those positions get any points, then they dont really have any incentive to make a race out of it.

I know they could still race for bragging right, for fun and to not finish last, but it would be nice if atleast the first 6 drivers got points. Any thoughts?

Great races last night everyone, some of the most fun I've had online. Can't wait for the next race, i'll make sure i bring the GNX back haha.

I agree with scuudz on the the points system needing to extend further down the line. Of course, the points that you have distributed so far will still count and for the future races we can just add the new points system to the current totals. I think everyone wants to be racing for "something" that way there is always a possibility to win in the end. I also like scuudz idea of reversing grid order for each race, that will definitely mix it up a bit. By the way, I am going to keep running that crazy Callaway C12 until I get it right!

Reverse Grid Order is a YES for sure; actually I had intended to set that last night.

As far as everyone getting points, yes, I see your point and I agree completely.
I just got it figure out a way to implement it. With people coming and going its difficult to track all players on paper here. Does GT5 keep records that I can use to base the standings off of?

CARS
Some cars that should be race-able in a class aren't because of oil change, or glitches in the GT5 dealership. I've made small changes to the classes that should accommodate for this.

I'm also interested in hearing your feedback as to other cars that should be included in a class that aren't. I'm intentionally avoiding any car that would be dominate based on a rule change but cars that a just a bit off and belong in the class should be added in my opinion.

League Name:
Any ideas? I came up with “League of Extraordinary Noobs”, “Lay-z-Boy Racing Cup” but I'm sure someone else here is more clever than I!

Schedule: I'm thinking 2 races official a week Monday and Thursday both at 9pm.
Does that work, should I move it up an hour to 8 perhaps?

Race Cars:
I like scuudz's idea of race cars and I had intended to do a Race car class. Doing JSGT, DTM, LM Group C, or Formula would be great. I especially like the idea of Rally since there is so little of it in single player. The problem is that we need to keep each race day short to fit adult schedules. If we add some more classes this may be difficult to fit. Scuudz's idea is to have just one Class D-A race per week and one race car race per week; this could work.

EDIT: I could add just 1 more race class that incorporates Super GT (JSGT) and American GT.

I can only commit to hosting 2 races a week, but someone else could run the race car league with our same team here. Thats an option too.

Adjustments to Car Classes:
I've made some small adjustments to the car classes to accommodate limitations on the HP regulations that GT5 allows and to fit in some cars that just barely missed the cut. I will undo this if there are objections.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I saw this thread yesterday and wanted to know if I can get into the next race? This league you have started here seems super cool, a little structure but mostly just guys racing for the fun of it.

My PSNID is johnnyquick1

As far as everyone getting points, yes, I see your point and I agree completely.
I just got it figure out a way to implement it. With people coming and going its difficult to track all players on paper here. Does GT5 keep records that I can use to base the standings off of?

After each race you just save the replay and then at the end of the night of racing go back to the replays that you saved and then tally up all the scores. You can even do it after each race by looking at the standings screen in the lobby and tally it all up and while we wait for you to get all the info written down we can set fast laps and take smoke/head breaks if needed.

** I would like to make a rules suggestion that Skid Recovery Force be off during all races as that driving aid is more of a "super" aid compared to all the others ** (What do you guys think?)

Last edited:
I am working on an extensive spreadsheet now to track scores for all classes. Just let me know if you want me to keep score. If I miss a race night, akira or someone else can email me the results and I will populate the totals the next day and post.

I agree with the Skid Recovery Force removal....it didn't help me anyway.

After each race you just save the replay and then at the end of the night of racing go back to the replays that you saved and then tally up all the scores. You can even do it after each race by looking at the standings screen in the lobby and tally it all up and while we wait for you to get all the info written down we can set fast laps and take smoke/head breaks if needed.

** I would like to make a rules suggestion that Skid Recovery Force be off during all races as that driving aid is more of a "super" aid compared to all the others ** (What do you guys think?)

But then when do I grab my smoke break ; )
Ya, I'll get all scores next time, it will work better overall.

I had SRF off most of the night and turned it on later. It is a pretty big improvement.
I vote to keep it “ON” if wanted though. I rather have my opponent have traction that have him slide into me. : ) Plus I think its in the spirit of a rookie league to have it ON.

I will change this to “OFF” though if you guys what, I think Zonda also mentioned that he'd like this off.

Before we start Thursday I'll put this to a vote in-game. Everyone can type ON or OFF and I'll go with whatever option gets the most votes.

I personally wouldn't care if it was decided to keep it off or optional. If it the majority is in favour of keeping it optional, then I would definitely keep mine ON. It is a major improvement in handling albeit less realistic.

Schedule: I'm thinking 2 races official a week Monday and Thursday both at 9pm.
Does that work, should I move it up an hour to 8 perhaps?

That works for me. Normally I have something scheduled on Monday (beer drinking night! :) evenings but I can re-schedule if need be.

And again I agree with no SRF.

Had fun last night racing a few races but then had to run. I will not be able to make Thursday nights session though due to other plans and the 9pm EST for the future would be a little difficult for me since I'm in PST and I barely get off of work at 6pm, then sit in traffic for another hour. So I'll try to pop into the room late. Don't change the schedule around me since I think I'm the only one on PST. Regarding the aids, personally I use only ABS at 1 with a G25 and would prefer for only traction control and ABS to be optional, but I would understand for those using the DS3 that the other aids are more useful.

Here's what I have so far. I know I don't have everyone in it, but adding names is super easy. Any suggestions about changes are very welcome. I want to make this as user friendly as possible.

Attachments

• Lay-Z-Boy Racing Cup Results (unfinished).pdf
    161.4 KB · Views: 34
Hey guys, I have been looking through this thread while at work today and you seem to have it right. this is an organized group or folks that dont take their racing too seriously. I would love to jump in on the next event if y'all would have me!

PSNID: Johnnyquick1

Here's what I have so far. I know I don't have everyone in it, but adding names is super easy. Any suggestions about changes are very welcome. I want to make this as user friendly as possible.

Looks great. Simple and effective.

So, we'll implement a new scoring system except I think 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place should get bonus points. Do you guys agree?

Does this mean that I should clear the leader board and start over or did someone record the full place list from last night?

My suggestion for points.

1st 100
2nd 75
3rd 50
4th 30
5th 25
6th 20
7th 15
8th 10
Every place 9h or lower 5 points.

There is a problem with giving everyone points which is why I'm not keen on going below 9th.
If we give points from 1st to 16th, It would be better to come in last in a 9 player race than last in a 16 player race. Points for everyone works fine IF and ONLY if every race slot is full (like in a real race or in single player mode).

With an inconsistent number of racers, overall scoring will be based more on how many people show up each night than on improvement in racing.

I think its cool to give a bonus point everyone who competes, but I'd like to avoid scoring based on number of people in the room. Last is still last after all.

What do you guys think?

Back