League of Mature Rookie Racers -CST

• Thread starter akira2501
  • 502 comments
Ok, here's what I've come up with.
I'm trying to leave car selection as open as possible while using the limited HP / Weight conditions on the race to filter the entries. The numbers should be close to correct, but may need some tweeking as we go.

I've tried to keep the automotive world's natural competitors together as much as possible, and tried to keep race cars or race moded cars out of all classes (other than a race car race which we can add).

Most cars can move from one class to another with tuning, but not all.

So far, here's what I've got for classes; feedback is welcome:

Class D:
MAX HP 276
MIN Weight 1180Kg

Example Cars: (entry not restricted to just these models)
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IV '96 265HP / 1350kg
Mazda RX-7 '02 276HP / 1270kg
Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX 276/1390kg
Ford Focus GT '06 221HP / 1430kg
Lancia Delta HF '91 207/1350kg
Nissan Silvia Spec-R '02 246 / 1240kg
Nissan Z 300ZX '89 276 / 1510kg
Toyota Supra 3.0GT '88 266/ 1530kg
Lotus Evora '09 268HP / 1330kg
Honda NSX Type R '02 276HP / 1270kg
Honda S2000 238HP / 1250kg
Honda Integra Type-R 216HP / 1180kg
Audi TTS '09 263HP / 1415Kg
BMW Z4 227HP / 1365kg
Alpha Romeo Brera Sky Window 256/ 1750kg
Volvo C30 226 / 1430
VW Golf V GTI 197 / 1336kg

Notes:
I think the Evora and NSX may dominate this class, but I can see a good way to filter them out by weight or HP. Only actually racing them will tell for sure.

Class C:
MAX HP 326HP
MIN Weight 1470Kg

Ford Mustang 299 / 1630
Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) 331 / 1530
Nissan Skyline GT-R (R33) '97 276 / 1540
Nissan Skyline GT-R (R34) '02 326/ 1560
Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX '10 303 / 1480
Subaru Impreza WRX '07 303 / 1470
Jaguar XK Coupe '07 299HP / 1690
Infinity G35 297HP / 1598kg

Class B:
MAX HP: 453HP
Min Weight : 1414Kg

BMW M3 Coupe '07 414 / 1655
Alpha Romeo 8C Competizione '08 443 /1585
Aston Martin DB9 449 / 1710
Chevy Camaro SS 429 / 1755
Chevy Corvette Z06 405 / 1414
Dodge Challenger SRT8 425 / 1878
Maserati GT S 433 / 1780
Mercedes Benz C63 AMG 450 / 1730
Lexus IS F 417 / 1690
Jaguar XKR 502 / 1810
Ferrari 512BB '76 355 / 1440
Ferrari California 453 / 1467
Audi R8 4.2 FSI R Tronic 414 / 1560

Class A:
MAX HP: 617
MIN Weight: 1350

BMW M5 499 / 1855
Nissan Skyline GT-R SpecV 478 / 1680
Audi R8 5.2 FSI 517 / 1620
Ferrari 430 Scuderia 502 / 1350
Mclaren MP-4 591 / 1350
Mercedes SLR Mclaren 617 / 1768
Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560 562 / 1410
Dodge Viper 509 / 1565
Ford GT 533 / 1451

So what do you guys think?

👍 I like what you have done now, this should help keep things close(r).

Wow akira you have put alot of effort into the class organizing. I will to have buy one of each class so I can join you guys. I am an average racer as well. You mentioned a room number earlier in this thread, will it always be the room number?

Thanks clip

Psn : clipless72

No, from what I understand it changes per race.
I'll post the current one with timestamp here, and I'll add you to my PSN.

Wow, great work on the classes! That is an ideal way to go I just didn't think you would want to do that kind of work :)

One thing you might want to use if you don't know about it, is this excellent matchmaking spreadsheet. Its designed to help you pick cars for the a-spec races that are at the level of challenge you want.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=145177

You can use a power to weight ratio to identify cars that ought to be reasonably competitive with one another.

Oh, btw what about suspension tuning? Can you or do you want to limit people from putting on the fully adjustable suspension or transmission?

I honestly don't know to much about the driving aids, especially the skid recovery force.

As I said, I don't have strong feelings one way or another, so I am not arguing about it but here is my point of view.

My understanding of SRF is that it adds additional cornering grip in situations where you would normally begin to drift (and potentially lose control). So people don't like it because it is an artificial aid that doesn't exist in real life. i.e. your tires don't magically get sticker if you are going to skid.

So SRF is fundamentally different than ABS or traction control.

FWIW :)

Someone told me that Skid Recovery Force is the replacement for the Standard/Professional Physics option that existed in GT5P.

I am definitely interested in joining up with this league. I am also in the CST in Illinois. On another note, for all the people that are his friends in the game, all you have to do is go to the community button and then find his name and join his lounge when he is hosting a race and then you don't have to worry about all the room number bs. You guys can also post on his board in the game so he knows how everything is going.

I was just thinking that on your in game board you could post weekly points totals such as:

Slammedc 2
Yadayada 4
biddydid 5
badass 25

each race would be given a points value and then after each race you could give the top 5 or so finishers (that are league members) however many points you feel they deserve and at the end of the week post on the in game board of your lounge where everyone stands. I don't know, sounds cool and would be good for the people that couldn't attend all the time to see where they stand. Of course that means between each race would have to be a 5-10 min break so you could document all the points for everyone. Or heck, I bet a couple people could volunteer to be score keepers and just post what their totals are at the end of the week. Then at the end of the month you could hold a Championship race for the top 12-16 points holders to participate in. That might be pretty cool, you would have to start in Feb as Jan is already long gone plus it will take some more brainstorming from everyone.

Last edited:
For anyone that wants to add me on PSN, please put a little note stating that it is for the GT5 Noob League or Lay-Z-Boy Racer Cup so I don't ignore it. I am looking forward to participating in some good, clean, mature races.

Last edited:
Oh, btw what about suspension tuning? Can you or do you want to limit people from putting on the fully adjustable suspension or transmission?

No, I don't think that filter is available. Its just HP and weight as far as I know.
Plus I'd like to encourage tuning within reason.

Akira, when you post new regulations you should update your very first original post on page one with bold font or something so that when people first enter the thread and read your original post they will know the most current rules/regulations. Also, most people read the first post and then decide from that point if they want to join in on the thread or not. I would recommend copy and pasting your suggested classes to your original post as well, those classes seemed pretty popular and new people to the thread would definitely like to read that information within the first couple minutes of looking at this thread.

Last edited:
Akira, when you post new regulations you should update your very first original post on page one with bold font or something so that when people first enter the thread and read your original post they will know the most current rules/regulations. Also, most people read the first post and then decide from that point if they want to join in on the thread or not. I would recommend copy and pasting your suggested classes to your original post as well, those classes seemed pretty popular and new people to the thread would definitely like to read that information within the first couple minutes of looking at this thread.

Thanks man, good tip. I'll do that.

BTW: you're local to me, I'm in Gurnee IL

Last edited:
If they are your friends on PSN you could just post the next time you plan on hosting a race in the game on your community message board. People hardly ever use the message boards in the game or the mail system, but I think that it is a great tool.

What's the best way to contact people for a race?

Posting a time in advance on the in game message board or here would help me. I've tried to catch you, but I've been too late. I don't know if it is possible to schedule ahead but that would make it easier for me.

For example, next time I could meet would be about 6pm pst tue.

I've updated the top of this post with the current race time.
I'll just run some trail races here and figure out a good race schedule.
I'll also update my lounge and player status with race information.

Sounds like fun. I find myself in that middle class. Good on a few tracks passable on the rest. I like clean racing and no juvenile bs. Will add you tonight. Hopefully ill be able to join in the race

Hey! This sounds great. Send me a friend request, I should be on some time tonight (might shoot for something like 7 central time) and I think I'll aim for class c or b.

Good times,

PSN: ZondaRage

I dont think it is, Will. I see that you are in the UK though. So, we will be racing at 3am your time!!

Nope still open. I'm going to be scheduling euro time zone races as well. So if this is too late, I'll keep you posted on more UK friendly race times.

Zondaholic - I'll send you a invite when I login.

This first race tonight will be all classes except for race car, 1 or 2 short races per class each.

I'll post results tomorrow.

So I'll need 1 car from each class for tonights race and we'll be doing 1 race from each class? Just making sure since I currently do not have any car setups whatsoever for online racing.

Latest Posts

Back