LEAKED: all New Mini Spider 2 From Euro patent register

• Thread starter Cale
  • 109 comments
It's still unclear why nobody would buy them, if it won't have 300 hp engine.
They simply would... Probably more than would buy the 300bhp and even 200bhp versions.

Reality sucks.

Not in America!

c7vHqGx.gif

Oh, how convenient that you come in and miss the entire point of why I said 300 was necessary in the first place. If I want a car that's fun to drive in a *holistic sense, I'll buy a Miata or a BRZ, or, you know, a Cooper S. This little sharkfin car has to be holistically insane. You know: full vegan.

And why do you need to know what kind of car I drive, you turncoat british-lover? I won't let a strawman be used in this thread.
Oh, I fully understand that you want this car to be uncompromised and insane. However, you've offered very little in the way of coherent explanation as to why you think that simply adding 100 bhp to the car makes it so much more appealing, or as to why you think that 200 bhp is not enough. Simply shouting "America!" is not an argument.

Additionally, why would this car be so sedate with "only" 200 bhp? An insane car does not have to be insanely powerful, it can be uncompromised in other ways. It's quite possible that they'll take a sizable amount of weight out of the car and hone the chassis, giving a much more hardcore driving experience, which would make it pretty insane to drive. The current Cooper S already has a significantly better power to weight ratio than an S2 Elise. With a stiffer chassis and some weight taken out, I see no reason that the Spider can't be as insane as you ask while still using the existing engines.

I'd also like to point out that we are talking about a small front wheel drive car here. If this was a larger rear drive roadster then adding so much more power would be more logical. Putting 300 bhp in this car would be downright silly. Without a very expensive front suspension and differential setup the handling would be poor and the power would be nearly impossible to use.

You asserted that 300 bhp was necessary for interstate driving and that 200 bhp was totally average. I seem to recall that you drive something with significantly less than 200 bhp, so you must obviously avoid the interstates.

Either Omnis has discovered irony (making him a sorta pioneer lolz...let's all stereotype) or he is bored and being a colossal ass. I'm really hoping the former, cause in that context his posts are pretty funny :)

@Leggy1, it's a Lexus.

Oh, I fully understand that you want this car to be uncompromised and insane. However, you've offered very little in the way of coherent explanation as to why you think that simply adding 100 bhp to the car makes it so much more appealing, or as to why you think that 200 bhp is not enough. Simply shouting "America!" is not an argument.

Additionally, why would this car be so sedate with "only" 200 bhp? An insane car does not have to be insanely powerful, it can be uncompromised in other ways. It's quite possible that they'll take a sizable amount of weight out of the car and hone the chassis, giving a much more hardcore driving experience, which would make it pretty insane to drive. The current Cooper S already has a significantly better power to weight ratio than an S2 Elise. With a stiffer chassis and some weight taken out, I see no reason that the Spider can't be as insane as you ask while still using the existing engines.

I'd also like to point out that we are talking about a small front wheel drive car here. If this was a larger rear drive roadster then adding so much more power would be more logical. Putting 300 bhp in this car would be downright silly. Without a very expensive front suspension and differential setup the handling would be poor and the power would be nearly impossible to use.

You asserted that 300 bhp was necessary for interstate driving and that 200 bhp was totally average. I seem to recall that you drive something with significantly less than 200 bhp, so you must obviously avoid the interstates.

How long is it going to take for you guys to get it?

A 300hp Mini would be awesome.

I would buy a MINI Spider even with a 1.0T.

Who needs power when you've got the wind?

maxresdefault.jpg

How long is it going to take for you guys to get it?

A 300hp Mini would be awesome.
We get that.

'British opinion doesn't matter?' Don't get that.

'Europe doesn't understand power?' Don't get that.

'300hp interstate master race?' Don't get that.

If you can be coherent in your explanation then nobody would have a problem 'getting' it.

We get that.

'British opinion doesn't matter?' Don't get that.

'Europe doesn't understand power?' Don't get that.

'300hp interstate master race?' Don't get that.

If you can be coherent in your explanation then nobody would have a problem 'getting' it.
He's been on a roll of troll-ish posts just to stir up a bit of bother recently, so I'd brush over it. I'm taking it as a bit of bad humour.

Last edited:
hsv
He's been on a roll of troll-ish posts just to stir up a bit of bother recently, so I'd brush over it. I'm taking it as a bit of bad humour.

No, no, this is the humor:

Can we move on now?

Because you can get a Cooper instead. Thought I went over this already.

It's the Mini superleggera concept.
Mini-Superleggera-Vision-Concept-1.jpg

Mini-Superleggera-Vision-Concept-2.jpg

I heard that Mini was going to a make a production version of it, those patients could be for the production version .
Yeah, it looks like the Superleggera. And I'm okay with a production version of the Mini Superleggera, cause it looks nice.

Yeah I guessed. But as he is a moderator I wont treat his posts as trolling, just ignorant or very bad humoured.

Reading the defense of weak and meager horsepower amuses me to no end. This is what happens when you drink tea and drive on the wrong side of the road.

Reading the defense of weak and meager horsepower amuses me to no end. This is what happens when you drink tea and drive on the wrong side of the road.
At least Brits have the option. Most American tea is horrid, PG Tips all the way.

Plus, the wrong side of the road is the one where you hit other cars head on, ergo, it's right for us.

But not for US.

Again, small cars don't need a lot of power to be fast. Are you allergic to the laws of physics?
Actually, cars that don't weigh very much don't need a lot of power to be fast. A small vehicle could be heavy, or vice versa. Though size is usually directly proportional to mass.

Also, I don't drink tea that much.

That design doesn't look too plausible to me: the hood is much smaller than any MINI produced to date. I can't imagine the car could be assembled similarly underhood.

That design doesn't look too plausible to me: the hood is much smaller than any MINI produced to date. I can't imagine the car could be assembled similarly underhood.
BMW have a 3 cylinder which'll help packaging

Craving large amounts of horsepower, that's what happens when you eat super-sized meals all day and only drive cars with v8's and auto trannies.

Now we wait..

Back