Least favourite car in GT5P

• Thread starter Peter
  • 150 comments
"THE" car, you know the one, the 'superior' car for each track/PP usually driven by an alien or some douche with a copied setup. Add to that list any car that punts me in such a way as to be blatantly intentional. Nowadays this makes me perform the overtake and brake check manouver as a P.I.T. doesn't work with these physics. o_O

After driving it online today i have to say: The Mustang.

i mean the looks are great, but it drives like a piece of crap :P

Least favourite for me would be the F2007 and the GT by Citroen.
The F2007 because it feels so far departed from driving any other GT5P car, the handling feels unrealistic and 'arcady'. Not withstanding the fact that I've never even sat in a present day F1 car and probably have no concept of how the drive really is, even though I am a total and avid F1 fan for a decade or three.
And compared to any other car in GT5P, I just can't drive it, I suck overly in this car. I could perhaps do better if I put more time into but driving it makes my hands sweaty and my ankles cramp in about two laps. Moments of joy driving this car are few and far between (for me).
The GT by Citroen for much the same reason. A powerplant that epitomises the term arcade. If it had the big V8 from the 'real car', it would be a different story all together (and a proper gearbox!). With realistic handling to match.

I hate the TVR Tuscan.
It should've been an insane car that tried to kill you at every turn, but it ended up a snoozer, equiped with a muffled weed-whacker engine note and gobs of understeer.
When I first got the car my buddy leaned over and gushed an "ohhh shi- you're gonna DIE haha," followed by a "wait...that's it?"
Weak.

And geez you guys, hate the cars, not the out-of-whack PP system.

I hate the Art Morrison 'Vette with a passion. It sure does look purty, but it's a pain in the butt to drive smoothly.

Reply to a few pages ago: The tuned GT is godly, just add rear downforce.

Least favorite? Mustang, anything FWD, GT-R for being 10000000000X better than the real car.

GT by Citroen. The lack of an engine note makes it hard to determine how fast you are going, which becomes a real problem heading into a hairpin at 180km/h. On a track like Daytona oval though...I'd like to see any other car beat it

No, I base my opinion on how many people drives them because they have ridiculous advantage over other cars..
They have a rediculous advantage because the PP system is flawed and gives these cars (and others) an unfair advantage. If PD corrected the PP level for those cars, less people would drive them. ;)

It also works the other way around BTW, there are several cars that should be competitive, but are not, despite using the same PP.

The ridiculous advantage they have is that the real world cars are actually bloody quick.
The PP system should take care of that. Unfortunately it does not.

As for the worst car, IMO that would be the SL55: it feels like driving a boat and the gearbox is complete rubbish.

The Ferrari F2007 for being so physically hard on my wheel when trying to drive it.:( The force feedback goes crazy, and you have to be violent and quick with your controls, not good for longetivity of the wheel.

The Ferrari F2007 for being so physically hard on my wheel when trying to drive it.:( The force feedback goes crazy, and you have to be violent and quick with your controls, not good for longetivity of the wheel.

Dial the FF back to 2 or 1 to lessen the effort and violence Paulie?

osg
Dial the FF back to 2 or 1 to lessen the effort and violence Paulie?

I think the effort would be the same, but that would help with the force feedback issue, I know that's what I'll do with rally cars should we get them in the full GT5.

I think the effort would be the same, but that would help with the force feedback issue, I know that's what I'll do with rally cars should we get them in the full GT5.

Limit the wheel to 360 degrees for race and rally cars is a must this time otherwise it will be crazy gym. I remember mastering Cathedral Rocks with P205 T16 EVO and it was insane! I ended driving it with the controller because that.

Limit the wheel to 360 degrees for race and rally cars is a must this time otherwise it will be crazy gym. I remember mastering Cathedral Rocks with P205 T16 EVO and it was insane! I ended driving it with the controller because that.

You can't actually limit the wheel to 360 degrees can you?

Least favorite? Mustang, anything FWD, GT-R for being 10000000000X better than the real car.

In real-life, the GT-R is actually faster than any of the other road cars in the game, including the 599, on a racetrack. The only current Ferrari faster than the GT-R is the F430 Scuderia. The one in-game is a regular F430.

Until we get GT5 with the new Corvette ZR1 and the Porsche GT2, we won't know if the GT-R in-game is over-rated or not. As it is, it's faster in the game than other cars just because it's faster out-of-the-hole, and much easier to drive (except for the instability under braking).

---

@Leonidae: the point about Hamilton and Raikonnen... you know which cars are faster, once the PPs are balanced, right? Then, by all means, use them! If winning is what really matters, use the best tools at your disposal. Don't settle for a slower car and complain that the car is slower.

Of course, you could stay with a "slower" car, balance the PPs around to give yourself a cornering advantage, and still win over the "cheaters" by a few tenths as they slipstream you to the finish line... would make it much more satisfying. :lol:

@Leonidae: the point about Hamilton and Raikonnen... you know which cars are faster, once the PPs are balanced, right? Then, by all means, use them! If winning is what really matters, use the best tools at your disposal. Don't settle for a slower car and complain that the car is slower.

Of course, you could stay with a "slower" car, balance the PPs around to give yourself a cornering advantage, and still win over the "cheaters" by a few tenths as they slipstream you to the finish line... would make it much more satisfying. :lol:

Which is exactly what I'm doing.. in capable hands, I believe that my RX-8 tune would be about as fast as NSX-R or Clio. NSX-R and clio are doing constantly what, 1'59s on Daytona R 550PP? my RX-8 is doing low 2'01s in my hands, and I know that Greycap and few other Finns are easily 1-2 seconds faster in cars that I've tuned.

Which is exactly what I'm doing.. in capable hands, I believe that my RX-8 tune would be about as fast as NSX-R or Clio. NSX-R and clio are doing constantly what, 1'59s on Daytona R 550PP? my RX-8 is doing low 2'01s in my hands, and I know that Greycap and few other Finns are easily 1-2 seconds faster in cars that I've tuned.

As am I, I'm using all the slower cars lately and making them fast enough to beat out the cheater cars. Of course, just about every race you probably get someone fast enough in the cheater cars to beat you, but such is life. I'm more than happy enough with 3rd spot when I've beaten more people in supposedly faster cars.:sly:

The only current Ferrari faster than the GT-R is the F430 Scuderia. The one in-game is a regular F430.

Although it's not current the Enzo is also faster. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but isn't the Ford GT faster in the time trials as well?

osg

And you base that off........? Not the Top Gear test track? That track looks very favourable towards AWD cars that can put the power down early, like the GT-R. Then again, I base my statement off the Enzo's 'Ring time, and we all know how reliable they are.:rolleyes:

Edit: For reference, the Enzo lapped Nürburging 4sec faster than the GT-R, and........hang on, the Enzo lapped the TG Test Track 0.7sec faster than the R35 as well.:odd:

Back