Least favourite car in GT5P

• Thread starter Peter
  • 150 comments
No, but from Jeremy Clarkson's view, he'd take it over the audi tt. I know he sounds stupid but it just can't be as bad as u make it sound.

Actually - it could be.

And even Mr Clarkson said that it was inferior in every way except looks - which are entirely subjective anyway. So I'm still right :)

Actually - it could be.

And even Mr Clarkson said that it was inferior in every way except looks - which are entirely subjective anyway. So I'm still right :)

I believe you now because i remember the lap it did around the track. It was so boring and SLOW!!!!! You could feel the understeer in your blood.

I think this thread should really be named "Most over-rated cars in GT5P" because almost all of the cars people have mentioned are popular ones. I get the feeling most people are not liking the cars because they drove them with the impression that they would be really good because of their rating.

My least favourite car in GT5P would have to be general 4WD cars, because I hate under-steer with all that power. I don't mind it in FF cars, its understandable and they don't tend to have rediculous power because of this, so they're manageable. But with 4WD cars it seems to always bite me at some point when I'm racing, with oversteer I can compensate but understeer nearly always ends with me in the grass or gravel, perhaps not in a big way but enough to annoy me or to at least accidentally knock into people.

This isn't a problem just with GT5:P, I've generally disliked 4WD on tarmac in most games, with the few exceptions being around, generally I haven't minded the Audi's and a few choice others.

I can't just nominate one car though, because although I hate general 4WD, I don't particularly hate any one of them, I just have a love/hate relationship with their drivetrains.

I cant believe no one has mentioned that '05 VW golf. (I think it's the '05, it's the older of the 2 VWs). This car is simply pathetic. Horrible all the way around. No power:grumpy:, crappy handling:grumpy:, torqueless:grumpy:, gears that make you want to chew nails because they are sooo bad:grumpy:. This car simple sucks:yuck::yuck::yuck:. The other VW Golf is a blast to run. Incredible difference between these 2 similar cars.

This isn't a problem just with GT5:P, I've generally disliked 4WD on tarmac in most games, with the few exceptions being around, generally I haven't minded the Audi's and a few choice others.

The AWD I enjoy driving the most on GT5P is the Audi TT. With a good tune it can be pretty competitive. Not keen on the others though.

I think only the Japanese, American and British cars are actually worth something.

I disagree. I enjoy driving the French, Italian and German cars too.

I cant believe no one has mentioned that '05 VW golf. (I think it's the '05, it's the older of the 2 VWs). This car is simply pathetic. Horrible all the way around. No power:grumpy:, crappy handling:grumpy:, torqueless:grumpy:, gears that make you want to chew nails because they are sooo bad:grumpy:. This car simple sucks:yuck::yuck::yuck:. The other VW Golf is a blast to run. Incredible difference between these 2 similar cars.

Again, with good tuning the older Golf can be competitive. I don't play GT5P much at the moment, but when they used to run 500PP races, I'd delight in running rings around the Integras, Minis and Focus STs with the Mk4 Golf GTI. It can actually be quite competitive if you tune and drive it right 👍 Has good traction too, which is definitely an advantage when you start adding power in the settings menu.

Audi R8, just pitiful, so slow.
Excuse me? I love the R8. I prefer it to the GT-R, for some reason. If you think it's slow, wait for the 5.2 V10 car. It sounds terrible for a V-8 that supposedly sounds fantastic, but that's okay. I just get my iPod and listen to something good.

Anyway, I really haven't found a car I really don't like yet. I'll have to drive some more cars to see which one I hate the most.

Excuse me? I love the R8. I prefer it to the GT-R, for some reason. If you think it's slow, wait for the 5.2 V10 car. It sounds terrible for a V-8 that supposedly sounds fantastic, but that's okay. I just get my iPod and listen to something good.

R8 isn't slow at all. It does have great suspension. Similar feeling which RX-7 has. The suspension is just faster than engine.

And its sound, you can hear that they forgot to record high rev sound part for R8, they are just highpitching middle rpm sound and it sounds awful then.

I have to admit, I have been put off the GTR and the audi R8 because of GT5P. I would definatly go for the R34 in real life now. R8 is fine when it is tuned but in TT mode it is a horrid car to drive. Well maybe I am not a AWD driver or something. But to me it needs more power to its ass.

I have to admit, I have been put off the GTR and the audi R8 because of GT5P. I would definatly go for the R34 in real life now. R8 is fine when it is tuned but in TT mode it is a horrid car to drive. Well maybe I am not a AWD driver or something. But to me it needs more power to its ass.

It's not built for power-oversteer, it's meant to use its power to haul out of corners in conjunction with an inherently well-balanced chassis. That might make it a tad dull yeah, but compared to the Brera it is an excitement machine!

The brera makes me contemplate suicide.

I like all the cars to an extent but the one I am least likely to drive would be the GT by Citreon. A car that is extremely unlikely to reach any productions numbers, prototype/concept is powered by a makeshift engine and transmission so it can drive which is not included in Prologue.

Out of the production cars I remember the Brera was the largest dissapointment.

Now that is one lazy engine they have in that car.

190kw from 3.2L and revving to 7,000rpm is not lazy. It only feels that way because the gears are far too long, and the weight is far too much. I recommend everyone hating on the Brera try mine in TLD, designed for racing offline in arcade since the PP system is messed up.

190kw from 3.2L and revving to 7,000rpm is not lazy. It only feels that way because the gears are far too long, and the weight is far too much. I recommend everyone hating on the Brera try mine in TLD, designed for racing offline in arcade since the PP system is messed up.

The trouble is even with the weight right down and the power right up, it still feels rubbish. There is something about the new generation of GM v6 engines (the Alfa motor is a distant relative of the Holden V6) that just means they feel like torqueless, wheezy engines that don't even get out of bed till almost redline. There are much less powerful cars that feel much more exciting, the Suzuki Swift Sport is one of them. No I'm not joking.

The trouble is even with the weight right down and the power right up, it still feels rubbish. There is something about the new generation of GM v6 engines (the Alfa motor is a distant relative of the Holden V6) that just means they feel like torqueless, wheezy engines that don't even get out of bed till almost redline. There are much less powerful cars that feel much more exciting, the Suzuki Swift Sport is one of them. No I'm not joking.

Perhaps, or perhaps your standards are too high.:sly: I've driven in and been in Holden's 3.6L V6, as long as you don't have a crappy base model (with even crappier 4spd auto) they feel very alive to me.:)

Hehe Paulie, I had an impromptu reason to out-accelerate a Holden SV6 ute (or whatever the SS-minus-cylinders is called) in a humble EL Falcon the other day, and I beat him like a red-headed stepchild.

Hehe Paulie, I had an impromptu reason to out-accelerate a Holden SV6 ute (or whatever the SS-minus-cylinders is called) in a humble EL Falcon the other day, and I beat him like a red-headed stepchild.

Stock EL or worked? Funny thing about Aussie sixes, they gained power as they gained weight, and never really got much faster in down low acceleration.:dunce: My VR Ute feels faster than a BF 4spd auto as well.

Stock EL or worked? Funny thing about Aussie sixes, they gained power as they gained weight, and never really got much faster in down low acceleration.:dunce: My VR Ute feels faster than a BF 4spd auto as well.

It has a lumpy cam and a noisy exhaust, but it's 240,000km old and a little tired. :)

That is a lazy engine to me. RB26 276bhp or 203kw from a 2.6ltr. and revs to a safe 8000rpm with the limiter. And it is not just the engine how did they make the brera so heavy. 1750KG is very very heavy. and the Brera is not a big car.
Compare that weight to what the RB26 comes out of a 1500kg car. witch is a massive saloon car. I would say the Brera is out of excuses. but I will also see it from your side and check out your tune for it, to see what an improvment you have made to it.

That is a lazy engine to me. RB26 276bhp or 203kw from a 2.6ltr. and revs to a safe 8000rpm with the limiter. And it is not just the engine how did they make the brera so heavy. 1750KG is very very heavy. and the Brera is not a big car.
Compare that weight to what the RB26 comes out of a 1500kg car. witch is a massive saloon car. I would say the Brera is out of excuses. but I will also see it from your side and check out your tune for it, to see what an improvment you have made to it.

Well it does have the twin-turbo setup hanging off the side...

The RB26 also has a turbo to aid its argument, and very strong internals which probably help it to rev so high without problems, and also make it heavier than many V8s. I have no idea why the Brera is so heavy, it's mind boggling, and I make no excuses for it there.

Edit: I must also add, that compared to its rivals the R34 is heavy, and back then safety was a little less.....safe, which always reduces weight.

Yeah but still what did they make the Brera out of? Lead?

Unsafe? (gulp) I havent heard anything about the 34 being undafe. I do know the 32 used to shatter it brake disks alot though. lol

Paulie is right, massive weight and bad gearing make the engine appear lazy when it sure isnt. Probably would have been better if PD offered a non JTS version.

Perhaps, or perhaps your standards are too high.:sly: I've driven in and been in Holden's 3.6L V6, as long as you don't have a crappy base model (with even crappier 4spd auto) they feel very alive to me.:)

I doubt anyone`s standard for the HFV6 are too high,it really is a bit of a gutless wheezer in standard or high output spec,the 5 speed box only mask`s it`s utter lack of torque. For all the multi-national talent involved in it`s design it`s a major disappointment. It`s barely any better on fuel than the old buick and sounds just as thrashy as you rev it. A all alloy buick with hemi type heads would have been better(look at chryslers new V8).

I doubt anyone`s standard for the HFV6 are too high,it really is a bit of a gutless wheezer in standard or high output spec,the 5 speed box only mask`s it`s utter lack of torque. For all the multi-national talent involved in it`s design it`s a major disappointment. It`s barely any better on fuel than the old buick and sounds just as thrashy as you rev it. A all alloy buick with hemi type heads would have been better(look at chryslers new V8).

The buick v6 is better than walking - but only just, and only if you are wearing platform clogs.

The direct injection version of the HFV6 makes, I think, 370Nm on 87 octane petrol! Not to mention, the Alloytec SV6 is still torquier than the Aurion's V6, just slightly less powerful. It's not a bad engine at all, a bad engine was in the 380's bay.........

Edit: I suppose this is where I remind, that Commodore is supposed to bet getting the DI V6 with the next update, due in probably a year or less.

Edit 2: I almost forgot as well, in a press release from Holden a while back, updates in the future of the Commodore could see the official rating drop to around 8-9L/100km. My step father's VZ already gets 8L/100kms, and that's with an official rating of what, 11L/100km?

Last edited:
Back