Leftyz Abu Dhabi GP, TT & Fun Run (Lobby 1 Starts at 20:00 GMT)

What time should we hold the race for lobby 1 and 2

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United States
LoomRock, CA
GTP_LeftyWright
The Abu Dhabi GP, TT & Fun Run on Sat. Nov. 13th is the last race in a series of “Hummin Along with the Big Dogs” because it's the last race in the 2010 F1 race schedule. After this is my “Touch of Shift” two race TT & Fun Run featuring “SPA” and “SILVERSTON” as a kick off to GT5 that hopefully will occur shortly afterward.

Between now (the time stamp on the posting of this OP) and a week from now will be the TT competition for the “First To Pick” participants to post their times to see who gets the car of their choice for the Race on the 13th. The car that we will use this time is the Williams, so let’s see if we can rock the World Rankings Leader Board and stick a different car in the top 10 other the Mclaran. Good luck

For this event we are going to incorporate tire ware as an attrition factor. There will also be damage on with flags set to medium, if we don’t exceed the 12 entrant threshold we will be using assist. If we are able to exceed 12 entrants we can then split the lobby and run the fast lobby as “no assist” except the Driving Line and the second lobby as “assist on.” The race length will be 50%

2qncf7k.jpg

Congratulations DOUQUA for finishing 28th in the world as well as the fastest Williams driver in the world on the Abu Dhabi track. Now let the picking of the cars begin w/ the fastest drivers get to pick first. Since we exceeded the 12 entrant threshold the lobbies are now split. The PRO lobby will run without any assist except the DL will be enabled. The SEMI PRO lobby will have all assist enabled. So let the picking begin and get your game on.

CONDITIONS FOR THE RACE:
START TIME - VARIES FOR THE LOBBY
RACE LENGTH - 50%
DRIVING LINE - ON
COLLISIONS - FULL
FLAGS - ON LIMITED
TIRE WHARE - ON
FUEL MANAGEMENT - OFF

Lobby 1 Starts at 20:00 GMT (8pm GMT)
2ccqa0p.jpg

311qs0l.jpg

Last edited:
I haven't been on this part of the forums much until recently.. so whats the story here.. can I join in by hot lapping in a williams or what?

I haven't been on this part of the forums much until recently.. so whats the story here.. can I join in by hot lapping in a williams or what?

You can join as long as your available and aware of the OLR.. The ¨hot lapping in a williams¨ is just so you can pick your car of choice before anyone else for the event.. But i do believe if a time faster then yours is posted and they choose the car you want, you have to give it up and go with your secondary..

And for the record i would like to mention my teams of choice..
RBR (Primary) Torro Rosso (Secondary)

Last edited:
Lefty, are your ''touch of shift'' races in Gran Turismo 5 or F1 2010?
We have now got 3 Irish racers. 👍

The concept is pretty simple, for the people who want to have a shot at there preferred car of choice for the race you can earn it through the TT competition and be able to chose you car before anyone who didn’t care to compete in the TT and everyone who you beat by logging a faster lap time.

Lefty, are your ''touch of shift'' races in Gran Turismo 5 or F1 2010?
We have now got 3 Irish racers. 👍

Yah there in F1...lol, I'm just trying to not go stir crazy so I'll keep coming up w/ TT Fun Runs until GT5 rears up and then I'll take a brake because i'll be indulging in the pleasures of "The Experience"

Last edited:
I'm just thinking that this race is going to start with the sun up and end up with it down. It will look awesome.

Just put up a 1.36.397 (85th in world at time of posting) .. should be able to improve on that but it's something for now

Last edited:
I'm just thinking that this race is going to start with the sun up and end up with it down. It will look awesome.

Lmao.. Thats practically the same thing.. Well in a sense.. Since its gonna look like dawn/dusk the whole race..

Man I would love if timo and mhm join in this race. I don't think much of you have raced dessy before but let me tell you, he is fast. He qualifyed within a couple of tenths of DOUQA today. So we could end up with an amazing finale to the season virtually with shark, DOUQA,mhm,P1TIMO and dessy all capeable of putting a car into the top 20 in the world in my opinion.

Well fair play to you for beating shark. I got disconnected during qualifying and then just left.

Hi
I'll think I can make it for this race.Must start practice on this track,since I havn't played it yet beside online.

How can you tell its the 4th Williams in the world? Did you go through the hole list above where you placed? Or can you put ti so it only shows that one car?

I'm going to sit here and watch you slug it out. :lol:

My money is on mhm to do it. Man I wish there was tt boards for every car. What would everyone say when they see all the GTP tags on top.

Last edited:
Back