Leftyz Abu Dhabi GP, TT & Fun Run (Lobby 1 Starts at 20:00 GMT)

What time should we hold the race for lobby 1 and 2

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Me too. Lefty if you don't want to do a race in silverstone then let me know so I can set one up.

I want to do Silverston also but the big Elephant is going to surface soon and I don't wanto to commit to something until the release date is out. All arrows are pointing at a Tuesday on the 23rd, 30th, or the 6th.

Okay then. No time. Probably a good thing. Silverstone has a good chance of making it into gt5 as well with the gt academy show.

Hi
Just finished my first season and I have to say that this is the easyist track in the calender.On expert I qual. in 6th and after 2 corners I was first.Stayed there untill the end lapping over a sec. faster than everybody else.Won the race by nearly 30 sec. in a 30% race.

Had a great practice w/ Shark and willsc today on Abu and Spa. I got my rear end handed to me most of the time but I might be able to hang in there on the long runs as far as the race goes but it's looking like the times slow down about 4 sec's/ lap for everyone.

So if anyone hasn't had a chance to run online to set your car up I will be holding another practice later today at 03:00 GMT, so if anyone needs some shake down time the Chat room opens up at 02:30 GMT.

I might not be here on Saturday due to other commitments but its not for certain yet and I won't know until Saturday. Hopefully I'll be here though :)

is it defo gonna start at 8pm Saturday now? I'll have to set a reminder on my phone so I don't forget about this

I'll host group 1 Lefty.
You got it DOUQA, as the host you can set the start time. So let me know or post it in the thread.

If Jamie (or anyone) doesn't come then we don't need a 2nd lobby.
I know it doesn’t matter if there are 4 behind ya or 10 behind ya but I thought having a PRO lobby would make for a better race for the rocket ships. Jamie said that he might be there any way.

is it defo gonna start at 8pm Saturday now? I'll have to set a reminder on my phone so I don't forget about this
DOUQA will be setting the time for the PRO lobby so now that it has a host he will be able to synch the time.

I'll give it til tomorrow evening(UK) to set it in stone so if you're taking part and haven't voted, do so.

Its looking like 8pm GMT. If you can't make the set time let me know and we'll see if everyone's ok with changing it.

Its more than likely that I won't be here. I have a relative in hospital very ill and we've been going up between 1900 and 2200GMT, which 2 hours is sitting in the waiting room then only aloud 2 in at a time!

Like I said I won't know until tomorrow if I'll be at the hospital or not.

P.S, I'm not looking for sympathy, just for I would let you know my reason for if I'm not there :)

Im thinking that 8pm GMT is the best time judging from the poll. As for the 2 lobbies or 1 question, I'm sure someone will be available to fill any leftover spaces.

I'm in a bit of a pickle. My dinner is gonna be on the table at 8pm on the dot id say. Might be able to just post 1 qualy lap and then sit it out and then hope I'm finished it for the race. So the longer you guys wanna delay preceding tonight is fine by me! :D

What the hell happened mhm66 on the last lap of race 2?

I was about 21 seconds down crossing the line and then on the final corner I find him reversing across the line and beating me by 0.3 of a second! Crazy. If only I hadn't met traffic on my last lap :(

Anyway had great fun racing today guys.. although I feel like dying now. The second race just took it out of me and my back is killing me. 2 hours total... Two 2nd places though. The races were bad for me in general but I have learned that sticking with it to the end pays off.

Lookin forward to doing it again soon.

Congrats to mhm.. Came out with a 6th i believe.. Abu is not my best, but racing with you bros is always a pleasure no matter what position i come in.. Im sorry for slowing you down Dessy, i hardly ever look back to see whos behind me.. If i wouldve known i wouldve cut you loose earlier... I was expecting a blue flag to wave when the leaders came around but i got nothing so i didnt know.. Sorry again mate.. As for mhm crossing the line backwards, you ham.. lol..

What the hell happened mhm66 on the last lap of race 2?I was about 21 seconds down crossing the line and then on the final corner I find him reversing across the line and beating me by 0.3 of a second! Crazy. If only I hadn't met traffic on my last lap :(

Anyway had great fun racing today guys.. although I feel like dying now. The second race just took it out of me and my back is killing me. 2 hours total... Two 2nd places though. The races were bad for me in general but I have learned that sticking with it to the end pays off.

Lookin forward to doing it again soon.

Sorry about that.I was not paying attention and lost it in the last corner.Reversed it over the line was the easyest way.As I sayed in the chat I had the wrong setup in the first race.I wasn't tested in race and it didn't work at all.Spun 6 times and had to change nose ones.The setup for race 2 was much better.It was nearly 2 sec. faster a lap,and it was just enough to win.I had fun but in the end I was so tired that I nearly lost 1 place on tyhe last lap.

Man I had a terrible race. My setup was perfect in terms of speed but I couldn't keep the thing from spinning. I had a good qualifying. I was 5th on my first run but then I was put down to 8th. After a 2nd run I went to 6th 4 tenths ahead of octane. Lefty was threatening on his last lap and qualifyed 1 hundreth of a second. On to the race. I got up to 3rd without touching anyone else. But there was a crash behind me and Dessy ended up being pushed into the back of my car and I spun. It definetly wasn't dessy's fault, as I was looking in my mirrors and saw he was half sideways. So I ended up last. Greyfox and Octane were fighting for position so I got grey on the exit of turn 7 and I had octane at the chicane. He fought back through the chicane and we were side by side on the 1km curve into turn 11. I had inside, he had outside, we crashed and after that I just kept spinning for the next 27 laps and I pitted twice to see how fast I could go on options at the end.

I had a messy race too, I did a great qualifying, stole that 5th place from Akmuq, in the last seconds... In the race, I had a super start, and went all the way to second place, I think I surprised a Red Bull, sorry, if that happened, persued mhm and then made a terrible mistake in the first chicane, and spun out, and from then on it was a lonely and slow race for me...
Anyway, great fun with you guys! Looking forward for the next race!

Great to here that most everyone had a good challenge and mostly a great race. My tongue was hanging out at the end and I can't imagine doing both motos. For everyone who raced both races you get the iron man trophy.

how-to-draw-a-trophy.jpg

Back