Legend of the Streets: Initial D GT5 Touge | Initial D Recreation

• Thread starter TimberW
  • 5,624 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
First Season 5 reports hot off the press.

Date: 30/04/2012
Rival 1: Street-King-07 (Class S)
Rival 2: OSE_CAP_SHADOW (Class S)
Course: Braes of Enzie
Battle Style: CMSD 2 Sec
Winner: OSE_CAP_SHADOW
Battle Rating: 5/5

Kicking off the new season and a new class at the Braes began with the formidable force of Shadow's R35 against my R8. The primary reason this battle lasted 4 rounds is due to the fact that Shadow's GT-R still needed work. During the rounds I was leading I used all my defensive skills to block Shadow despite him giving me plenty of hurry-up taps. By round 4 I damaged my suspension whilst pushing hard and dropped to a 3 second gap by the finish line.

Rival 1: Street-King-07 (Class A)
Rival 2: che69velle (Class A)
Winner: Street-King-07

Wheeling out my R1 for its first competitive run saw me take an easy win in the first round. Chev's fishtailing Evo 9 might be well suited towards his driving style but his lack of course knowledge was counting against him as he fell further behind my Amuse. A rematch at his home course should hopefully bring him closer to my car.

Rival 2: SHADOWWOLF354 (Class A)
Battle Style: CMSD 3 Sec

My 2nd win in a row against Wolf's R32 once again showed the superior pace of my R1 as well as course knowledge. I let Wolf lead the first round at sat glued to his bumper all the way round the course. I had a sniff of a pass several times but did not attempt anything silly. Round 2 saw me get into my stride in clean air and I simply powered away to a 7.5 second lead by the end of the run.

Rival 2: SHADOWWOLF354 (Class S)
Course: Michi-No-Eki

Switching courses to give Wolf a better chance still ended in victory for Vorsprung durch Technik after a heated 3 round dice. Wolf's R35 was pretty quick in the first run making it a challenge to keep up but I knew that the GT-R would be eating its tyres having ran a similar Spec V in my testing programme. Round 2 saw Wolf trying his hardest to keep up and was able to keep the gap at 2.7 seconds by the end of the run but his tyres were showing strain already. Round 3 saw the GT-R's weakness prevail as Wolf stuggled to keep his car on the road and was suffering lots of understeer. I was able to sneak past on a small uphill section and held the lead to take a fairly comfortable win.

both of mine confirmed: 5/5 the r1 is fast

I just got to work, I'll be able to battle during my break if anyone's online. If you don't have me added, send a request.

Also, download my Season 5 Home Course, Jizo Pass. It's being shared now.

Aight suckas!!!!
I've registered for both classes.
I'll be running my AP2 for Class A once again, back with a vengeance!
As for Class S... fear the Porsche 911 GT3!!-er.. i mean, RUG RGT :lol:

I assume most people attempting GT Academy is the reason that things have gone quiet

Hi, guys. I have just registered, finally!! I´ve been busy rebuilding my vintage Vespa but I think this season I'll be back on action!! :)

Date: Wednesday 05/02/2012
Rival 1: SolidSnake7735 (Class S)
Rival 2: supermanfromazle (Class S)
Battle Style: Grip Gambler
Winner: SolidSnake7735

The RGT's maiden voyage was quite a success. Fairly unsung, as i ended up crossing the line 9 seconds ahead of my rival. But post-race i found out i was running that RR monster on Comfort Soft!! All the sweeter the victory was. I've missed LotS the last few months, and it's great to be back :D

Ill be on tonight if any one wants a challenge... if Im not on GT5 just pm me here or on PSN, may be doin other things but Ill be at the PS pretty much the rest of the night.

Anxious to see how the galant does, dont see them used much... maybe there is a reason for it lol, guess we will see!

Rival 1: SolidSnake7735 (Class S)
Winner: SolidSnake7735

The RGT's maiden voyage was quite a success. Fairly unsung, as i ended up crossing the line 9 seconds ahead of my rival. But post-race i found out i was running that RR monster on Comfort Soft!! All the sweeter the victory was. I've missed LotS the last few months, and it's great to be back :D

Confirmed. There were a few bits of track that I could have caught up easily, but my sloppy driving technique and track unfamiliarity cost me precious seconds in the corners. On the first third of the track, I was banging along the walls and affected my steering for the rest of the race.

Sanji Himura
Confirmed. There were a few bits of track that I could have caught up easily, but my sloppy driving technique and track unfamiliarity cost me precious seconds in the corners. On the first third of the track, I was banging along the walls and affected my steering for the rest of the race.

Yeah I damaged myself as well late in the track. The RGT is quite a scary thing! Especially that being my first time driving that course. Good race though 👍

Rival 1: Fragolas79 (Class S)
Course: Serra da Freita
Winner: Fragolas79

Well, I woudnt expect to loose in my home course, against a new rival, so I pulled away after 1st corner.Supermans R32 has grat power and we stayed side by side until first bend. I couldnt see Superman real skills cause he lost control early and I stop seeing him in my mirror, after that. Although, great guy, polite on chat and on track. Nice to meet you, mate!! :)

Last edited:
I assume most people attempting GT Academy is the reason that things have gone quiet

Most likely, but I dont think I will spend much time on the GT Academy after seeing the number 1 times having to resort to the driving tactics I bring up in this thread here https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=252181 makes it hard for me to take the competition seriously.

Also I wont be registering for LotS this season, not sure why, just not feeling it.

For OSE, if you still wanted me to help with the race log entry's im willing to help. Just PM what I need to do for it.

Rival 1: Fragolas79 (Class S)
Course: Serra da Freita
Winner: Fragolas79

Well, I woudnt expect to loose in my home course, against a new rival, so I pulled away after 1st corner.Supermans R32 has grat power and we stayed side by side until first bend. I couldnt see Superman real skills cause he lost control early and I stop seeing him in my mirror, after that. Although, great guy, polite on chat and on track. Nice to meet you, mate!! :)

Confirmed. I had thought that Fragolas was closer to my rear tire at my breaking point at turn 1 than he actually was, and I spun out as a result at that turn getting heavy damage. I actually didn't beat the timer when the race was finished as a result. :crazy:

Most likely, but I dont think I will spend much time on the GT Academy after seeing the number 1 times having to resort to the driving tactics I bring up in this thread here https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=252181 makes it hard for me to take the competition seriously.

Just sayin, that kind of stuff won't get you anywhere when its comes down to the final challenge (8-5) which is the one that decides who moves on. They eliminated people for exploits in previous years so I wouldn't let it deter you from competing if you think you have what it takes legit.

EDIT: Is LotS in between seasons or something? I am new and interested in signing up but the OP is leaving me a bit confused about what kind of car I can bring and/or how to register. All I see clearly is the Init D Recreation specs, but it says it was through April 8, or is it still going?

Last edited:
Just sayin, that kind of stuff won't get you anywhere when its comes down to the final challenge (8-5) which is the one that decides who moves on. They eliminated people for exploits in previous years so I wouldn't let it deter you from competing if you think you have what it takes legit.

EDIT: Is LotS in between seasons or something? I am new and interested in signing up but the OP is leaving me a bit confused about what kind of car I can bring and/or how to register. All I see clearly is the Init D Recreation specs, but it says it was through April 8, or is it still going?

You can register here https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7008701#post7008701

Unfortunatly, Timber (the OP and club organizer) is fairly busy recetly which means the OP is often out of date.

Date: 03/05/2012
Course: FWC Circuit

My easiest win of the season as superman's R32 needs some work but he does have some potential to be fast. My only challenge was at the start as the GT-R has excellent acceleration and was able to stay with my Audi up until the braking point at the first turn. Here his problems started and his car slid off the track which allowed me to speed off into the distance and cross the line over a minute ahead.

Rival 2: supermanfromazle (Class A)
Course: Mt Akina

Having switched courses and allowed superman some time to practice, I decided to follow his Impreza to see how he handled the pressure of my R1. When he understeered at the uphill left hairpin after the downhill straight early in the lap I snuck past and drove away to a comfortable win.

Side note: Some helpful tuning tips and plentiful practice should help superman gain confidence in his cars and improve on his pace

Sanji would you like to battle, as a fellow awd driver I love helping new guys, many guys here will attest to me helping the tune lol.

Feel free to check out TheCardboardBox Tuning. It's run by myself and OSE_CAP__SHADOW (winningest LotS driver and touge legend in his own right).

We're one of two tuning shops on GT Planet that specialize in touge setups.

You can find the link in mine and SHADOW's signatures. Happy Driving!

Course: FWC Circuit

My easiest win of the season as superman's R32 needs some work but he does have some potential to be fast. My only challenge was at the start as the GT-R has excellent acceleration and was able to stay with my Audi up until the braking point at the first turn. Here his problems started and his car slid off the track which allowed me to speed off into the distance and cross the line over a minute ahead.

Rival 2: supermanfromazle (Class A)
Course: Mt Akina

Having switched courses and allowed superman some time to practice, I decided to follow his Impreza to see how he handled the pressure of my R1. When he understeered at the uphill left hairpin after the downhill straight early in the lap I snuck past and drove away to a comfortable win.

Side note: Some helpful tuning tips and plentiful practice should help superman gain confidence in his cars and improve on his pace

Both confirmed. I'll be the first to admit that my mistake is not jumping on the online soon enough to get any decent practice to see what makes this game tick. I will also be the first to admit that I do not like to take the games I play, even fighters, online due to latency issues, and I must train myself to play through that. Good races none the less.

Room Open, 1472-6118-3830-2743-6518

Rival 2: JC18137 (Class A)
Course: Mt. Osaka

Greatest battle I've ever hard, as soon as I get my capture card, this will be my signature video, awesome passes and reovertakes from both sides. I even scared him, saw a gap, and passed on the outside on the dirt. He reovertook and ran to a 3.3 second lead.

Rival 2: JC18137 (Class S)

Great race, outrun me by 3.6.

Rival 1: OSE_CAP__SHADOW (Class A)
Battle Style: CMSH.
Winner: OSE_CAP__SHADOW
Great race, gave me a 3 second headstart in the vicious R1, overtook on the outside on the last section and won 0.8 seconds.

Rival 1: OSE_CAP__SHADOW (Class S)
Great race, made a mistake an got overtaken in 3rd to last sector, I got damage, and he ran to a 4.8 lead.

Last edited:
Rival 1: TakumiFuji01 (Class A)
Winner: TakumiFuji01

A awesome race! Lasted for the first two regular rounds all the way to the 4th Sudden Death(In total, 6 rounds)

Rival 1: TakumiFuji01 (Class A)
Rival 2: OSE_CAP__SHADOW (Class A)
Battle Style: CMSH2
Battle Rating: 4/5 is generous for me
Obviously he beat me, got outrun by a lot. -_-

Last edited:
Room Open, 1472-6118-3830-2743-6518

Greatest battle I've ever hard, as soon as I get my capture card, this will be my signature video, awesome passes and reovertakes from both sides. I even scared him, saw a gap, and passed on the outside on the dirt. He reovertook and ran to a 3.3 second lead.

Great race, outrun me by 3.6.

Confirmed for both. Our 500PP race was really hard fought since the R32 had the power and tactical advantages. I didn't expect the GT-R to put up that much of a fight but it was an extremely great effort. Brilliant races

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back