Legion Drift Open Comps

• Thread starter Ovac
  • 199 comments
I love you!!!!

LOL your welcome, hope it helps everyone!

Mad4Missile, it's your job to add me if you want to be in the comp. I always have spots open on my list.
Add: Ovac

8pm EDT In Your Time Zone:

Dallas (U.S.A. - Texas) Friday, 7:00:00 PM (CDT)
Salt Lake City (U.S.A. - Utah) Friday, 6:00:00 PM (MDT)
Los Angeles (U.S.A. - California) Friday, 5:00:00 PM (PDT)
London (UK - England) Saturday, 1:00:00 AM (BST)
Paris (France) Saturday, 2:00:00 AM (CEST)
Perth (Australia - W.A.) Saturday, 8:00:00 AM (WST)
Canberra (Australia - A.C.T.) Saturday, 10:00:00 AM (EST)
Tokyo (Japan) Saturday, 9:00:00 AM (JST)

Legion Drift Starts In 1 Hour at Motegi! Will be interesting to see who's the best at this relatively new circuit.

What layout will it be on?

edit: Like east, west or the full road course?

edit: Never mind i found out its on the road course.

Last edited:
suggestions for next week :D had fun tonight even though i couldn't get my s**t together

High Speed Ring(just the S section), Grand Valley East(high speed wall tap section)

Awesome tandems guys and congrats to godfoot for his second win of legion drift, you really pulled some great drifting off my friend i hope to drift with you again. 👍

edit: I would like to say that this was my first comp, other than the team only comps i have been in. I have been in little comps before but nothing that is actually apart of the public gtp community. So i am very happy i could attend your comp, i am not used to drifting with the pressures of something like this i really need to calm down behind the wheel a lot more in these comps. It was a real learning experience thanks again i am sure i will be back for more. :D

Last edited:
Glad y'all enjoyed Legion Drift at Motegi!

Next Friday's Legion Drift Is At: Trial Mountain (Section)
From Turn One, To The Back Straight

Bracket From Tonight

LegionDriftbracket8312.jpg

Congratulations To GoD_FooT on being the first ever person to win Legion Drift twice! We still need 2 winners for our Champions Comp! Great showing by everyone who came out tonight, we hope to see you all next week at Trial Mountain! And as always a very big thank you to everyone who came out!

Just remember Legion Drift is bought to you by:

Hooters, because we all go there for the wings lol
hooters--300x450.jpg

Last edited:
For those who couldn't be there tonight.... this is how it all went down. :lol:

Again thanks for hosting these comps Ovac you commentary is hilarious. :D 👍

HAHA! You guys are nuts, it's my pleasure. We try and make it a relaxed and fun environment for everyone.

I'm very impressed with God Foot, the first ever to repeat as a winner, which means we still need 2 more winners for our champions bracket!

On and just FYI, this Friday's Legion Drift brought to you by this guy because he scares the crap out of me:

Legion Drift starts in 5 minutes. Last week we saw our first repeat winner, but with many new competitors it's anyone's bracket this week! See you there!

Reminder:

Trial Mountain (From Turn 1 To Back Straight Tunnel)

450hp limit
NO Race Cars
RWD Only

Still looking for 2 more winners for the Champions bracket!

UPDATE:
LegionDriftbracket81012.jpg

God_Foot Wins AGAIN! Because of this he cannot compete again this season, but 3 LD's in a single season, wow!

Side Note: We understand that our comp is different from most of the other comps that y'all have. It's different for a reason, because it works. We have test and tweaked our system to ensure a fair and unbias result. You never hear LeBron complain that the Olympic 3 point line is wrong, so why complain about our setup that has worked for months now. We ask that you please make an effort to understand the rules before entering, we are more than happy to answer any questions you have! Again, we understand our comp may seem a bit strange at first but ask almost anyone who has entered, it fair, fun, and one of the best comps in GT5. Try it for yourself this next Friday! We'll see you there! :)

Last edited:
HAHA! You guys are nuts, it's my pleasure. We try and make it a relaxed and fun environment for everyone.

I'm very impressed with God Foot, the first ever to repeat as a winner, which means we still need 2 more winners for our champions bracket!

On and just FYI, this Friday's Legion Drift brought to you by this guy because he scares the crap out of me:

Sorry brother Ovac My muscle car crew got called out for a Daytona challenge last night but im there nxt week and since I cant work outside today ill be in for the LMP2 race tonight.

Just a heads up there will not a be comp today, BUT we will be back next week at Grand Valley (Section). Details Below:

Friday August 24th 8pm Edt / 5pm Pdt

At: Grand Valley (Section)

More Info: After the 2nd Hairpin, to the blue bridge.
HP Limit 450
RWD Only

Sorry for the inconvenience! But we will be back next week, better than ever!

Ovac
Just a heads up there will not a be comp today, BUT we will be back next week at Grand Valley (Section). Details Below:

HP Limit 450
RWD Only

Booooooooooo I was looking forward to today lol.

Hairpin to blue bridge, wow that's a long section. I don't know how I would go about judging that first tunnel. That's a really tough section to maintain drift through, let alone tandem. Majority of people, myself included, do more of a rolling burnout through that tunnel rather than a true drift. I think that will be really tough in cars with less than 400hp as well. When I think of the "section" at GVS, I think of hairpin to the first tunnel....or bridge to the S-curve.

Hairpin to blue bridge, wow that's a long section. I don't know how I would go about judging that first tunnel. That's a really tough section to maintain drift through, let alone tandem. Majority of people, myself included, do more of a rolling burnout through that tunnel rather than a true drift. I think that will be really tough in cars with less than 400hp as well. When I think of the "section" at GVS, I think of hairpin to the first tunnel....or bridge to the S-curve.

I understand, but we witnessed more than 10 people drifting the tunnel no problem. I promise if it is an issue on Comp day (Pre Qualifying), we will amend the route to end at the first tunnel. We will observe practice and make a decision before the start.

Should be fun time to practice

HP Limit 450
RWD Only

It's Friday and you know what that means! LEGION DRIFFFFT!

I look forward to seeing you all at GVS tonight!

IMO this is the best drift comp in gtp right now. Ovac and wheelman's colorful commentary is the funniest **** ever

Agreed this is definitely the best comp out there. The mood is relaxed and chill, and the judges commentary is hilarious !

Thank you for the kind words guys!

I would like to have posted the bracket results but, my domain is having issues. Until then just know sLiCk-94 won over RedSuns-SupaFly by a slim margin! 3rd place belongs to fcpmarcus! We all agree, it was the best drifting we have ever seen by all the competitors! We only need 1 more unique winner before we have our champions bracket!

This Weeks Comp: Deep Forest (Section)

Details: After Turn 1, To The Back Stretch.

See you there!

A little late but a heads up, there will be no comp tonight.I hope you all enjoy your weekend and we will see you all next week!

That's actually good news for me, my back is being a 🤬 today :lol: catch yeah next week Ovac. 👍

haha we're still going to deep forest next week, all your prep will not go to waist!

Back