Legit Tunes Garage: *NEW* 600pp GTI Supersport

i drive all the classics every month to keep them running and ready in case he wants to use one. they are fun, but different. you don't shift in the 190 SL until 3,500 RPM in normal driving lol.

Project cars is good. They've done a lot of things right but there's a lot of things wrong too. The driving, sounds, and graphics are great. Especially the sounds. The Aston V8 Vantage GT4 is the series i'm in with my career right now and it sounds incredible. Another great example of the sounds are the tires. You can easily tell the difference between tire scrub and loss of traction. The environments look great, the cars look great but could actually be a little better. The driving is pretty good and really rewards weight control on older cars. Some of the classics are near impossible to drive with a controller because you have to be so precise with brakes and throttle and that's hard to do with a controller.

The UI really needs some work. A big complaint is that when you finish a race and you aren't in 1st place, the menu pops up and restart is the default button that's highlighted. So a lot of people are restarting races on accident lol. If you got first though it highlights continue by default.

The AI and collision really need some work though. As it is now, they can't race close to each other. They try to give each other a full car length of space side to side and that impossible when you are 2 or 3 wide going into turns. It sounds funny but most races start similar to GT6 online races. The AI just goes into turn one and they all wreck each other. when they do wreck, what should just be some bumps and scraping turns into a Michael Bay movie. I have a video that I will upload that is 15 minutes of restarting the race because I can't get through turn 1 and still have 4 wheels on my car lol. They also are really aggressive and dive bomb you on every single corner, even when they are pretty far back because they can out brake you every time.

The game just needs a little tuning and I'm sure once we get a few patches in it will all be better. After a few laps and everyone is spread out though the racing is sublime. I run with no aids and AI at 80% (default) and in the classics a 4th place finish after 15 laps felt really good. I wipe the floor with them when there's more grip though ;)
sounds like they took a page from Grid on the accidents, :lol: scrap a wall and your body goes flying away, rear end someone and you don't have a hood. Get T-boned and your out of he race cause your frame is busted.

so we got a notable car in for car storage today. I don't know how common they are in britan but we got a noble M400 in. this particular one is a turbo v6 but it has a fairly small turbo so it's not like my cousins noble which is putting out about 600HP in a plastic car. I thought that this one was my cousins because they are the exact same color but his doesn't have a wing and it only has 1 seat.

in other very cool news, NSX's HAVE STARTED ARRIVING AT DEALERS !!! this one isn't ours, we still have a month but the shop guy texted me this picture of the first one to arrive at the honda dealer. Sweet !

lastly this is a video of the wonky AI and collisions that I was talking about in an earlier post. 3 things to note. 1. I was being a little aggressive, I know, but you can see how they are all trying to dodge each other and swerving like crazy and i didn't start recording until about my 15th retry so I was already annoyed. 2. This older car was a real handful with a controller and this is also before I optimized my settings so there are some mistakes that are 100% my fault and not the AI. 3. They've already said that these issues are going to be fixed in the next patch. Which might have already happened. I have played in over a week.

It's still a fairly funny video just watching the crazy wrecks and damage from "professional" racers lol. a good example is at 2:50 lol.

On your roof. lol I can hear you revving the engine and at the same time I can see the wheels spinning while you are up side down. How is tuning going for you in PCars? A whole lot different isn't it. Noble and NSX sweet rides. Have a great weekend.

ok long time no see here. I figured i'd throw in an update since it's been a while. hopefully i'll get to have a re grand opening next year with gt7... (fingers crossed) in the mean time i'm back because I was cleaning out the garage and found this in one of the drawers of my tool bench. somehow all this chicken scratch made it's way into a legible tuning sheet haha. it seems like it's been forever since I've built a car.

we've also got a few new cars in at work. A Rolls royce wraith, a 92 512 TR, and a 2016 zo6. The wraith is just really cool. it's got suicide doors and the fiber optic night sky roof. the 512 is fast but I hate driving it. the pedals are way to the right of the wheel and the clutch is heavy enough to be in a semi. the zo6 on the other hand is as smooth as butter until you floor it ! we are still waiting on the NSX and we will have a metallic dark purple huracan soon also.

i've also been playing with the wrap editor in need for speed. It's not as good as the forza one but it is close, and far ahead of any other game. go easy on me, I have'nt painted a car since forza 3. I'm starting off easy. here's a couple, and a WIP of a ralli art themed evo.

so we've gotten a few new cars in at work. i'll have to post some pics later. I finally got my controller settings ironed out in Assetto Corsa and was able to put down some consistent laps. Now I can start tuning ! I'll actually have a new garage over in the AC section. I think it'll be called Legit Corsa Tuning.

I'm actually posting though because I forgot how cathartic hotlapping can be. I did about 20 to 30 laps after dialing in my controller settings and felt so much more calm after than when I started. here's a video of a car i really liked and is going to be my first tune.

Back