Lego

• Thread starter LoudMusic
  • 2,394 comments
Announced for January 2019 911 RSR

https://www.bouwsteentjes.info/nieu...o0aZGL0C3cP29agqCQGN8Uez7_yC79Pt4YrFfp5S1wOh4

Visuals-LEGO-Technic-40296-Porsche-911-RSR.png

42096-1.jpg

lego-technic-2019-42096-porsche-911-rsr-5.jpg

I like it , even though the wheels are not snug fit.

Wow that looks awesome!

It's also cheaper than the standard model 911 Technics https://shop.lego.com/en-GB/Porsche-911-RSR-42096

Assuming they are the same size?

Assuming they are the same size?
The RSR is a bit smaller:

The other subject for discussion is how the new 42096 Porsche 911 RSR compares to the exclusive 42056 Porsche 911 GT3 RS of 2016. A quick analysis shows that the old GT3 RS is 1100 pieces bigger than the new RSR; this is due to a very complicated manual gear box mechanism in GT3 RS (and the new RSR has none). The measurements of the both cars also show a significant difference in their scales: the new RSR is 3”/7cm shorter, 2”/5cm narrower and 1.5”/4cm lower. Here are Porsche 911 RSR measurements: 5” (13cm) high, 19” (50cm) long and 7” (20cm) wide.
https://www.brothers-brick.com/2018/11/20/lego-technic-42096-porsche-911-rsr-is-revealed-news/

Shame about the gear box but that price makes it far more friendly

I wonder as this generation of RSR is still in competition, the gearbox couldn't be replicated because any potential tech secrets could be discovered and reproduced by rival manufacturer teams.

Not that I'm suggesting for one second that said teams have a department dedicated to the science of "deciphering" toys for kids.

The 2019 Speed Champion sets are pretty nice, might pick up a few of these, most definitely the F40, which appears to be a dual set which you can build the standard F40 or the Competizone. Mini set also looks very nice.

Shame the classic Mini isn't a single car set, not really feeling the buggy. F40 and Camaro look the goods though. Definitely want those two.

The parts delivery for my new big model was delayed so I grabbed some leftover parts of previous models and started building....something. :rolleyes: Ended up as a minifigure sized dump truck. That model was not planned and my parts supply was limited. :)

10eUS8r.jpg

O83rwbS.jpg

Last edited:
Finally.

View attachment 686790

It's been out of stock for months, and I've been checking every single day. I was able to order it on Monday, with estimated delivery of 9th November, but it arrived yesterday. That's how fast the Saturn V is!
I just picked one up from the Lego store in Glasgow city centre... I usually spend about £50 on an Xmas present for my nephew, but I quite fancied it myself, so I figured that I'd buy it as a joint Xmas present for my nephew and birthday present for myself - the good thing about jointly owning it is that my nephew can keep it in his room until he's a bit older/goes to Uni, and then he can give it to me! Of course, there is a risk that he's already lost much of the Lego bug that he used to have, as he is more and more interested in computer games (and Youtube :rolleyes:), but hopefully this will make a nice joint project that doesn't involve a screen over the Xmas holidays... with the bonus that I will probably end up with it eventually too :lol:

I just picked one up from the Lego store in Glasgow city centre... I usually spend about £50 on an Xmas present for my nephew, but I quite fancied it myself, so I figured that I'd buy it as a joint Xmas present for my nephew and birthday present for myself - the good thing about jointly owning it is that my nephew can keep it in his room until he's a bit older/goes to Uni, and then he can give it to me! Of course, there is a risk that he's already lost much of the Lego bug that he used to have, as he is more and more interested in computer games (and Youtube :rolleyes:), but hopefully this will make a nice joint project that doesn't involve a screen over the Xmas holidays... with the bonus that I will probably end up with it eventually too :lol:
It's a brilliant model, only let down slightly by the fact that, out of the box, the LM and CSM cannot dock. The reason for that is that they use a long black spindle that goes through the CSM and reinforces the escape tower at the top. IMO the escape tower doesn't need that much reinforcement, so I swapped out the long spindle for a shorter one that slightly protrudes from the top of the CSM. The LM has a hole to accept the spindle anyway, and if your replacement spindle protrudes by about 1 stud, then it joins the LM and CSM together nicely.

Awesome 👍 Thanks for that 👍

This is the first Xmas where we have abandoned the usual ritual of the adults buying gifts for each other, but it is also now the first Xmas in many years where I'm quite excited about a gift which I bought myself but can't play with until Xmas day! :P

I'm gonna Bricklink build this safe, just cause the engineering is cool. I must say the new changes to Bricklink are super cool, the one click to buy is perfect.

Jerome

I've actually started working on my Pantera, but at the moment it's a frame with an engine and a half-finished interior. I have no idea how to do the body work, but I'll try some things when I get the chance. I should put up some photos of the car in it's current state.

I've actually started working on my Pantera, but at the moment it's a frame with an engine and a half-finished interior. I have no idea how to do the body work, but I'll try some things when I get the chance. I should put up some photos of the car in it's current state.
QSnALeZ.jpg

gQ8HRVF.jpg

7QhnBX1.jpg

ZCQq0qx.jpg

Haven't visited here in a while, and due to reasons lost my LEGO mojo. Though I'm glad to say the LEGO bug has bit me again!
I recently entered another contest (this time over on LEGO idea's), and I managed to clinch the Grand Prize. Yay!! (some Expert Creator sets, including the DB5!)

For anyone interested, here's my winning entry:

I'm not surprised you won, because that covers everything from the idea, to the popularity of the franchise and most importantly, the ingenuity to make it work. Congratulations!

Santa was quite kind this year. (Excuse the dirty carpet. :lol:)
IMG_20181225_085553.jpg

I recently entered another contest (this time over on LEGO idea's), and I managed to clinch the Grand Prize. Yay!! (some Expert Creator sets, including the DB5!)

Just saw a picture of that on LEGO idea's Twitter page yesterday afternoon. Incredible job with it. :drool: Massive congratulations mate. :cheers:

Killer bttf car man, well done!

I forgot to take pics of my safe build along the way, but I'll take one of my Lego shelf after the holidays. I'll post the bricklink xml I created for the safe too.

I missed that Lego theft video earlier, so sad. I'm almost tempted (sort of almost lol) to ship him all my ucs star wars sets, it sounds like my collection is a little smaller, but that shipping cost, yikes. Like someone else mentioned, very genuine.

Jerome

Santa woke my two year old, now I've been up since 4am :lol:

Jerome

Haven't visited here in a while, and due to reasons lost my LEGO mojo. Though I'm glad to say the LEGO bug has bit me again!

For anyone interested, here's my winning entry:

Wow!! :eek: That's a great model... I would buy that in a heartbeat!... and very well done on another win! :cheers:

Bougt my girl an First Order Heavy Assault Walker for christmas. She likes ATAT´s ands similar walkers a lot, so I got her the big one as a gift. It was the biggest Lego set we ever build, but it was really fun and a nice challenge. Will upload a few pictures once I made som decent ones.

Back