Lego

• Thread starter LoudMusic
  • 2,396 comments
8cb99c8875f72bd818825a1dfc002da083f5bc5f.JPG

Caterham just came in :)

Got my LEGO parts so I did numerous improvements to my race car. Also got some stickers because racing expensive so I need the sponsors. :D
Moved the exhaust pipes from behind the door to right in front of the doors, the entire hood is now angled downwards, got rid of the hood air intake, the front got a total overhaul, I trimmed the rear spoiler by 2 studs in width, I beefed up the ankle cutters and improved the roll cage in the car (hard to see in the pics). Also the windscreen wiper is now one element.

MIeWmcP.jpg

A29OBI5.jpg

IKKT4d6.jpg

v7a5nX9.jpg

mUwLHIr.jpg

Last edited:
I passed my local Lego store yesterday and saw the new Bond Aston Martin in the flesh, as well as the Chiron... I was impressed by the Chiron... it's absolutely huge! @Jump_Ace, where do you even keep that thing?! As for the Bond car, it still hasn't won me over.

I passed my local Lego store yesterday and saw the new Bond Aston Martin in the flesh, as well as the Chiron... I was impressed by the Chiron... it's absolutely huge! @Jump_Ace, where do you even keep that thing?! As for the Bond car, it still hasn't won me over.

My company is moving offices next month (can we say IT nightmare?! LOL) and I happened to have the option to keep a nice tall bookshelf that fits it nicely. It's just barely wide enough and I have about 3-4in. on each side. So it's the only thing on that shelf atm. Whereas I can fit my nsx and f40 on one shelf.

Jerome

I finally managed to get a couple 30699 wheels, that is slicks, for my race car. Only cost 3 bucks / pcs. :scared:
10x times better than with the heavily profiled tires! Also some more stickers and a few minor tweaks:

53wjmP1.jpg

FGpEZAc.jpg

8GjOfj8.jpg

Been many years since my last Lego set, so I went a little nuts with new ones. Especially looking forward to the Technic GT3, that thing looks crazy.

Edit: Started the Technic GT3 and the thing is a ton of fun to build. Took me 6 hours to do the first 2 boxes of the 4, but it seems a majority is done. May grab the Chiron set next just to build another.

Also, I love the box the GT3 came in and the manual with all the Porsche tidbits. The inside of the box lid has each generation of 911 since the Type 901 up to 991, complete with a profile picture of each. Love it!

43998029141_d95e2a7601_b.jpg

Last edited:
I was a bit bored so I loaded the official LEGO Ferrari F40c set in my LDD program and modified into a racing version. I only made a couple of sensible mods not to stray too far from its original looks, but to make it racing-worthy.

Left original, right my modified version. (DUH)

H4eAWUZ.png

B8IyGUw.png

Last edited:
I kind of felt like building a new car from scratch, this is what i came up with.

Real steering, fully modeled cockpit with roll cage, V12 engine in the back and doors and front & back hood can be opened.
1000 parts which I am going to order soon to make it a real model. It is going to fit quite nicely next to my Touring Car which I finished just a couple of weeks ago, its the same scale afterall.

VIP Shot.

YpisLgt.jpg

Last edited:
Got my LEGO delivered today to build my model. Here it is, 960 parts, real steering, doors and hoods openable, ah you know the drill! :D

Its supposed to be a fictional Italian supercar turned into a GT-1 race car. I gave it the name ''Tempesta GT-1''. :D

fdDgyrb.jpg

DUVf5Nc.jpg

6PQ5r9w.jpg

pzbJoz9.jpg

YbRLoRT.jpg

fbLZRcs.jpg

Last edited:
Due to some comments I changed my most recent car a little bit, lengthened the rear a little, made the side window bigger and increased the ride height by 1 plate, also gave it a new front splitter. I think all those subtle changes combined make the car quite a bit better. Just shows how important constructive criticism is.

j4KytwO.jpg

qdlMJkz.jpg

nShUwPm.jpg

7vuUCFK.jpg

dGFR2Am.jpg

Last edited:
Due to some comments I changed my most recent car a little bit, lengthened the rear a little, made the side window bigger and increased the ride height by 1 plate, also gave it a new front splitter. I think all those subtle changes combined make the car quite a bit better. Just shows how important constructive criticism is.

j4KytwO.jpg

qdlMJkz.jpg

nShUwPm.jpg

7vuUCFK.jpg

dGFR2Am.jpg
Are these your own design?

Great stuff as usual, @Michael88!

I made a big plate to cover the top of my PC to keep all my minifigs in one place a little while ago but it's, well, boring, so I'd like to make some small diorama-style sets for them but I don't have a) any Lego to play with or b) any creativity left by the time I get home from work, has anyone got any resources I could use for inspiration, maybe a site for people who upload their own creations or something? These are specifically Star Wars minifigs and almost all of the sets I have (I don't have that many) are vehicles rather than locations.

I finally gave in and bought a set I've been eyeballing for a long while now.
Spent more on it than I wanted ... but then again, I should have bought it before they retired it.

latest

@Michael88
How big are your self designed models compared to, for example, a 1/18 scale model car?

I think they are very cool but can't get a handle on the size.

Thanks! The format of the model I just posted is 13cm wide and 30cm long, thats approx 5'' x 12'', which puts it somewhere in between the 1:18 and 1:12 car scale range. All my models are in this size range and LEGO parts count is usually around 800-1200 pcs.

TB
Fire breathing alligators sound absolutely terrifying. As do knife wielding monkeys.

Hey thats a Lindwurm, look at the wings! :sly: [history mode] Thats our (Austrian) version of a fire breathing, winged serpent, closely related to dragons, but not actually a dragon. It cannot fly with its stunted wings and it has short stubby legs and an elongated body. Actually in this area there is lots of insanely dangerous creatures roaming the mountains, the Lindwurm, the Tatzelwurm, the Wolpertinger, the Basilisk. Crazy stuff, look them up - but I digress. [/history mode]

We even have a Lindwurm as the official symbol of our city Klagenfurt:

i3UsYaJ.jpg

Heck, now I want to build a large scale LEGO Lindwurm. I've already got tons of design ideas flowing through my crazy head. :D

This guy managed to lift 226kg / 500lbs with a LEGO motor and one hell of a pulley system! :dopey:
20kg more and it would have beaten my personal deadlift record. :lol:

Back