Lego

Discussion in 'The Rumble Strip' started by LoudMusic, Apr 26, 2004.

1. MarcoM

MarcoM

[​IMG]

Caterham just came in :)

2. Michael88

Michael88

Got my LEGO parts so I did numerous improvements to my race car. Also got some stickers because racing expensive so I need the sponsors. :D
    Moved the exhaust pipes from behind the door to right in front of the doors, the entire hood is now angled downwards, got rid of the hood air intake, the front got a total overhaul, I trimmed the rear spoiler by 2 studs in width, I beefed up the ankle cutters and improved the roll cage in the car (hard to see in the pics). Also the windscreen wiper is now one element.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
    Roo, fatman_5050, MarcoM and 2 others like this.
  3. 05XR8

05XR8

4. Touring Mars

Touring Mars Moderator

I passed my local Lego store yesterday and saw the new Bond Aston Martin in the flesh, as well as the Chiron... I was impressed by the Chiron... it's absolutely huge! @Jump_Ace, where do you even keep that thing?! As for the Bond car, it still hasn't won me over.

Jump_Ace likes this.
  5. Jump_Ace

Jump_Ace Staff Emeritus

My company is moving offices next month (can we say IT nightmare?! LOL) and I happened to have the option to keep a nice tall bookshelf that fits it nicely. It's just barely wide enough and I have about 3-4in. on each side. So it's the only thing on that shelf atm. Whereas I can fit my nsx and f40 on one shelf.

Jerome

6. Michael88

Michael88

I finally managed to get a couple 30699 wheels, that is slicks, for my race car. Only cost 3 bucks / pcs. :scared:
    10x times better than with the heavily profiled tires! Also some more stickers and a few minor tweaks:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SPhilli911 likes this.
  7. SPhilli911

SPhilli911

Been many years since my last Lego set, so I went a little nuts with new ones. Especially looking forward to the Technic GT3, that thing looks crazy.

Edit: Started the Technic GT3 and the thing is a ton of fun to build. Took me 6 hours to do the first 2 boxes of the 4, but it seems a majority is done. May grab the Chiron set next just to build another.

Also, I love the box the GT3 came in and the manual with all the Porsche tidbits. The inside of the box lid has each generation of 911 since the Type 901 up to 991, complete with a profile picture of each. Love it!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
    UnkaD, Carbon_6, PARAGON GT and 3 others like this.
  8. Michael88

Michael88

I was a bit bored so I loaded the official LEGO Ferrari F40c set in my LDD program and modified into a racing version. I only made a couple of sensible mods not to stray too far from its original looks, but to make it racing-worthy.

Left original, right my modified version. (DUH)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
    MarcoM, Ferraridriver27, XJ40 and 5 others like this.
  9. Michael88

Michael88

I kind of felt like building a new car from scratch, this is what i came up with.

Real steering, fully modeled cockpit with roll cage, V12 engine in the back and doors and front & back hood can be opened.
    1000 parts which I am going to order soon to make it a real model. It is going to fit quite nicely next to my Touring Car which I finished just a couple of weeks ago, its the same scale afterall.

VIP Shot.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
    R5 likes this.
  10. Michael88

Michael88

Got my LEGO delivered today to build my model. Here it is, 960 parts, real steering, doors and hoods openable, ah you know the drill! :D

Its supposed to be a fictional Italian supercar turned into a GT-1 race car. I gave it the name ''Tempesta GT-1''. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
    Brett, SPhilli911, MarcoM and 3 others like this.
  11. MarcoM

MarcoM

Nice @Michael88 , love the race F40 as well as your own model!

Michael88 likes this.
  12. Michael88

Michael88

Thanks! :dopey:

13. Spacegoat

Spacegoat Premium

MarcoM, Michael88 and daan like this.
  14. Michael88

Michael88

Due to some comments I changed my most recent car a little bit, lengthened the rear a little, made the side window bigger and increased the ride height by 1 plate, also gave it a new front splitter. I think all those subtle changes combined make the car quite a bit better. Just shows how important constructive criticism is.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
    UnkaD, Northstar and Spacegoat like this.
  15. kikie

kikie Premium

Are these your own design?

16. Michael88

Michael88

Yes, every LEGO Model I build is my own design! When I feel inspired I sit down and build the base Model in about 3-6 hours in the LDD, then 7-14 days of polishing work later I order the parts from a shop and build an actual physical version.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
  17. UnkaD

UnkaD

I love that prototype you made! It looks amazing.

Michael88 likes this.
  18. Michael88

Michael88

Thank you! Its also record-breaking, its both the widest, longest and lowest of all my cars. I had a lot of fun designing its 70's style ultra low drag body. :dopey:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
    MarcoM, R5 and UnkaD like this.
  19. W3HS

W3HS Premium

Incredible...

Spacegoat likes this.
  20. Touring Mars

Touring Mars Moderator

21. Michael88

Michael88

I took the base of my latest car I designed and simply turned into a JGTC. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Spacegoat and MarcoM like this.
  22. neema_t

neema_t Premium

Great stuff as usual, @Michael88!

I made a big plate to cover the top of my PC to keep all my minifigs in one place a little while ago but it's, well, boring, so I'd like to make some small diorama-style sets for them but I don't have a) any Lego to play with or b) any creativity left by the time I get home from work, has anyone got any resources I could use for inspiration, maybe a site for people who upload their own creations or something? These are specifically Star Wars minifigs and almost all of the sets I have (I don't have that many) are vehicles rather than locations.

23. PARAGON GT

PARAGON GT Premium

I finally gave in and bought a set I've been eyeballing for a long while now.
    Spent more on it than I wanted ... but then again, I should have bought it before they retired it.

[​IMG]

MarcoM likes this.
  24. Spacegoat

Spacegoat Premium

MarcoM, TB, Casey and 2 others like this.
  25. Michael88

Michael88

I have now started the practice to exploit animals to get more likes for my creations, because everybody likes cute animals!

[​IMG]

MarcoM, Spacegoat, TB and 3 others like this.
  26. XJ40

XJ40

@Michael88
    How big are your self designed models compared to, for example, a 1/18 scale model car?

I think they are very cool but can't get a handle on the size.

Michael88 likes this.
  27. TB

TB Moderator

Fire breathing alligators sound absolutely terrifying. As do knife wielding monkeys.

Spacegoat and Michael88 like this.
  28. Michael88

Michael88

Thanks! The format of the model I just posted is 13cm wide and 30cm long, thats approx 5'' x 12'', which puts it somewhere in between the 1:18 and 1:12 car scale range. All my models are in this size range and LEGO parts count is usually around 800-1200 pcs.

Hey thats a Lindwurm, look at the wings! :sly: [history mode] Thats our (Austrian) version of a fire breathing, winged serpent, closely related to dragons, but not actually a dragon. It cannot fly with its stunted wings and it has short stubby legs and an elongated body. Actually in this area there is lots of insanely dangerous creatures roaming the mountains, the Lindwurm, the Tatzelwurm, the Wolpertinger, the Basilisk. Crazy stuff, look them up - but I digress. [/history mode]

We even have a Lindwurm as the official symbol of our city Klagenfurt:

[​IMG]

Heck, now I want to build a large scale LEGO Lindwurm. I've already got tons of design ideas flowing through my crazy head. :D

XJ40 and TB like this.
  29. Michael88

Michael88

This guy managed to lift 226kg / 500lbs with a LEGO motor and one hell of a pulley system! :dopey:
    20kg more and it would have beaten my personal deadlift record. :lol:

TB likes this.
  30. Michael88

Michael88

Added a little white, added a sunshade sticker to the windshield and some sponsor stickers to the body, I also smoothened up the rear. IMHO it looks much more like a GT500 now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MarcoM, SPhilli911 and Spacegoat like this.