[LET'S DREAM] - If Kaz asked you for advice, what would you do to upgrade the GTS?

• Thread starter BrunusCL82
  • 70 comments
1 - Get ride of the Nx00 classes, bring back Performance Points to pair the cars and calculate bonus multiplier on GT League.
2 - More content on Endurance League
3 - More real world tracks
4 - Stop wasting time on VGT cars, use that time in something more useful, it's obvious from this topic there are many ways more sensible to use the time.
That's one of the only things that sets GT apart from other games. I don't think they should remove it at all.

1. Edit the qualifications for Sr. S as there are often racers who are too dirty for such a rating

2. Add tracks

3. Fix the ability to search for things in the discover tab so that not only the most recent posts come up. Also fix it so that you are not returned to the top of the page after you view a picture/decal/livery

4. Add new racing series (NASCAR/Stock Car, FiA European Truck Racing, IndyCar)

5. Extend daily races from 3 a day to 5 with the new additions being for Nx00 races and one for Gr1.

6. Add an undo button and layer group options to the livery creator

7. Raise the 15kb decal upload limit to 30kb

8. Remove the limit of decals that can be uploaded/saved

9. Fix issue where decals on winglets bleed though on to the wing

10. Fix scheduling of daily races so that tracks do not appear on the same day as scheduled nation's/manufacturer races.

11. Occasional double money/double mileage pts events

12. REMOVE THE ANNOYING FREAKING PLANE THAT FLIES OVER BLUE MOON BAY SPEEDWAY EVERY TWO AND A HALF SECONDS THAT IS SO LOUD THAT YOU CANT HEAR YOUR CAR

--
Random cars I would personally like to see

2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe Nx00
Honda Civic Si Coupe Gr4
Honda Civic Si Coupe Gr3
Honda Civic Coupe GRC GrB

2018 Honda Civic Type R (United States version) Nx00
Honda Civic Type R (United States version) Gr4
Honda Civic Type R (United States version) Gr3
Honda Civic Type R (United States version) GrB

2016 Hyundai Veloster Turbo Rally Edition Nx00
2016 Hyundai Veloster Turbo Rally Edition GrB

2019 Hyundai Veloster Turbo Ultimate Nx00
Hyundai Veloster Turbo Ultimate Gr3
Hyundai Veloster Turbo Ultimate Gr4
Hyundai Veloster Turbo Ultimate GrB

2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon Nx00
Dodge Challenger SRT Demon Gr4
Dodge Challenger SRT Demon Gr3

2018 Dodge Durango SRT Nx00

Dodge Viper Gr3 Road Car

2018 IMSA Acura ARX-05 DPi

Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series cars

FiA European Truck Racing

IndyCar

--
Specific tracks I would like to see

Autodromo Internacional Do Algarve
Red Bull Ring
Silverstone
Circuit of the Americas
Daytona International Speedway (Speedway & Road Course)
Indy (Speedway & Road Course)
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
Road America
Sonoma Raceway
Texas Motor Speedway (Speedway & Road Course)
Texas World Speedway (Speedway & Road Course)
Watkins Glen
Fuji
Martinsville Speedway
Virginia International Raceway
Sebring
Charlotte Motor Speedway (Speedway & brand new road course)
Road Atlanta
Tsukuba Circuit
Nardò Technical Center
Long Beach
Circuito de Jerez
Lime Rock Park
Canadian Tire Motorsport Park
Raceway at Belle Isle Park
Mid-Ohio

Tracks from previous GT games
Cape Ring
Special State Route X
High Speed Ring
Rome Circuit (GT5)

Edit: I keep editing my post because I keep thinking of things. I really wish my stuff would come true!

Last edited:
Honestly, nothing. I know less than **** all about what is required to develop a game like this.
However, if really pushed, I'd direct him to this forum for suggestions. I certainly wouldn't want to be held accountable for whomever I pissed off by not suggesting war of the world's tripod mode.

Merge the FFB, quality of AI racing, and track selection of Raceroom Racing Experience, the physics of RFactor2, the online racing and proper series championships of iRacing, the weather and day/night cycle of Projects Cars 2, with the graphics, UI and fun factor of GT sport and you'd have a winner :-)

Don't try to copy Forza's approach, except maybe Forzavista

1) Friends and Global Leaderboards for Time Trials.

2) After Number 1 is Complete I would like a Member of the PD Team to Check the Leaderboards Weekly and Temporarily Ban the Cheaters and Remove the Times.(Perm Ban for Repeat Offenders)

3) Competitive Drifting for Lobbies, and Sport Mode!

4) When Saving a Livery and Choosing the Paint Chip Color(s) I Would Love to Be Able to Choose a Special Paint Color as The Chip Because Trying to Match it is Hard, Actually Impossible for Some Colors.

5) A 5% Royalty for Life on All Things PD in Exchange for My Advice as Well as Future Advice! Thanks, Kaz!

1. In the daily races keep the qualifying to decided your group matching but instead of having warm up change it for a 1 lap superpole to decide the race grid.
2. An option to run longer daily races I'm not a fan of the 3 lap races.

So this is basically a thread to repeat the same things we (mostly all btw) dont like about GTS but in new coating? :) I like the creativity. :lol:

- Alot more real and fantasy race tracks, up-to-date with todays quality and graphics. Circuit de la Sarthe, Spa-Francorchamps (old and new), Monza (with oval), Ascari, Silverstone, Raceway Laguna Seca, Zandvoort, Imola, Yas Marina, Monaco GP, and more real life tracks. Oh, and all of the original Gran Turismo tracks!
- More real life, every day cars. Older and newer. Supra's, RX-7's, Charger's, GT40's and the hundreds of other loved cars. And just about every car from every Gran Turismo. Ever. Plus more cars. Just because dreams.
- More Group C/Le Mans Prototypes and vintage race cars like in older Gran Turismo's etc! Sauber C9, 787B, R92CP, Minolta etc etc.
- More in-depth tuning and upgrade/downgrades of power and weight of all cars. I would like a Supra with 1500 HP. Just because you can. :sly:
- A way deeper and bigger offline "GT Mode". More championships, leagues and endurance races. I like them. :P
- Bring back the various coffee break challenges, missions, driving licenses (that were actually hard) and more from older GT's.

That's on top of my head at the moment. Probably a ton more, given more time. :lol:

1. The ability to skip back several seconds during a practice mode so that we can learn tricky parts of a track (instead of having to drive around the entire circuit).

2. A large sandlot, no racing city-freeway-rural area, with traffic (adjustable) so that we can experience road cars the way we would actually drive. Something like Burnout Paradise but without all the purposeful crashing.

3. The ability to look closely at all the details of the car with the ability to photograph any part, including opening up the hood to see the engine, and opening the doors to inspect the inside, etc.

4. Give us more tools in the livery editor such as: Allow us to use the "special colors" for decals (not just for body paint); combine several decals into one; better alignment tools, etc.

3. And all the other good suggestions people have made. :D

Adding Daily Races D where it's always an endurance race with 60 min + race with several pit stops etc. With appropriate DR and SR rating minimum.
Hard to find or plan lobbies for that stuff for us semi casual racers

I want simply more circuits, especially LaSarthe
Come on PD, we already have the LMP1 and GT3 cars :D
Also, a mode similar to Forzavista, because the cars are insanely detailed, shame that we can't appreciate the great work they made with the interiors

First of all, Each month would add ten street cars and one original circuit. Only STREET CARS. New and classic cars. And an original circuit.

So ten cars and one original circuit per month.

But the most important:

So I would divide the year into four parts. Each part with three months, obviously. In the first month of each part, the package would include five circuits and eight race cars. Race cars only.

Well. In January, first part. It would launch the first package. The package name would be Japan Pack.

Circuits: Sugo, Okayama, Motegi, Fuji and Autopolis.

Cars: Eight Japanese Super GT cars. All GT500. I would add the Gr.2 group.

In April, the package would be called Europe Pack. The circuits would be: Spa, A1 Ring, Silvertone, Sarthe and Zandvoort.

The cars would be four Gr.1 cars. Real cars. No VGT cars. Rebellion, Bykolles, Ginetta and Manor. Cars of the past years and next season. And also four DTM cars (Gr. 2 Group) from last season.

In July, the third package would be called USA Pack. The circuits would be: Watkins Glen, Laguna Seca, Road America, Daytona and Sebring.

The cars would be four Daytona Prototype Gr. 1 cars. Cadillac DPi, Mazda DPi, Nissan DPi and Acura DPi. These cars are from the teams Ganassi, Oreca, Penske, Walter Taylor etc.

And also three Gr. 4 cars: Camaro, Challenger and Charger Hell Cat.

One car Gr.3: Ford GT Chip Ganassi.

In October, the fourth and last part of the 2018 season, the package would be called: Italy Package.

The circuits would be: Monza, Vallelunga, Misano, Mugello and Imola.

Eight cars. Some cars would be fictitious but based on real cars: Zonda Gr.2, Veneno Gr.2, LaFerrari Gr. 2, Maserati MC GT1 Gr.2, F50 GT1 Gr. 2, Ferrari 488 GT3 Gr.3, Maserati MC GT3 Gr .3, Gallardo GT3 Gr.3.

Some gamedesign changes:

* The PD should CELEBRATE contract with WEC FIA.

* I would add a mini-championship in SPORT mode. Three circuits with four laps.

* On weekends, the mini-championship would be with more race tracks and more laps. Five race tracks with six laps each.

* Make announcements of upcoming DLCs and updates. Without making us anxious and incredulous with the support of the game.

* Add the possibility of you to change the flag of your country.

* Improve artificial intelligence. It is stupid and very slow. Similar to DriveClub would be very good.

* Adding the Race D would be fifteen or twenty laps.

* Add Gr.1 cars in Sport Mode.

* All VGT cars would be classified as Gr. X. Only. No Gr. 1 cars! NO!!! Just leave them for the Lobby and photos. It is frustrating and has no immersion putting VGT cars in the Gr.1 group. It's not fun.

Last edited:
Kazunori Yamauchi

Horse_Blinkers_%284240744343%29.jpg

A horse with blinkers

kazunori-yamauchi-eurogamer.jpg

Eurogamer
: When you look at the games which have come out since GT4 - with Forza Motorsport probably being the most notable - do you see things that you'd like to do, things that have moved the genre forward? Or do you develop Gran Turismo in a vacuum, ignoring the competition?

Kazunori Yamauchi: The latter is actually exactly fitting, I think. We don't reference any other games when we're making Gran Turismo - it's purely based on what we want to achieve as a game.

http://n4g.com/news/131066/eurogamer-gran-turismos-kazunori-yamauchi-interview

tl;dr - He doesn't care what you think.

Last edited:
I've heard from several fans that Kaz makes the Gran Turismo game for him and not for the community.

I already have this feeling, that he is somewhat reclusive and alienated to the wishes of the fan community. Just a feeling. IMO.

Last edited:
Kazunori Yamauchi

A horse with blinkers

Eurogamer
: When you look at the games which have come out since GT4 - with Forza Motorsport probably being the most notable - do you see things that you'd like to do, things that have moved the genre forward? Or do you develop Gran Turismo in a vacuum, ignoring the competition?

Kazunori Yamauchi: The latter is actually exactly fitting, I think. We don't reference any other games when we're making Gran Turismo - it's purely based on what we want to achieve as a game.

So much this.

Understand that developing GT in a vacuum is not helping out at all. Its more than possible to learn from the competition and still keep your own identity as a studio, product, etc.

However you did miss the most damning bit of his quote out

"Actually, I have difficulty playing other games for over five minutes. A lot of the low-level quality just stands out so much in other games that I can't stand them!"

Keep in mind that was said in the run up to GT5P and GT5, the title that dropped in PS2 assets for 80% of the car list and some of the track list!

Kazunori Yamauchi

A horse with blinkers

Eurogamer

But sometimes, hopes and dreams are all we have... :(

1. Edit the qualifications for Sr. S as there are often racers who are too dirty for such a rating

2. Add tracks

3. Fix the ability to search for things in the discover tab so that not only the most recent posts come up. Also fix it so that you are not returned to the top of the page after you view a picture/decal/livery

4. Add new racing series (NASCAR/Stock Car, FiA European Truck Racing, IndyCar)

5. Extend daily races from 3 a day to 5 with the new additions being for Nx00 races and one for Gr1.

6. Add an undo button and layer group options to the livery creator

7. Raise the 15kb decal upload limit to 30kb

8. Remove the limit of decals that can be uploaded/saved

9. Fix issue where decals on winglets bleed though on to the wing

10. Fix scheduling of daily races so that tracks do not appear on the same day as scheduled nation's/manufacturer races.

11. Occasional double money/double mileage pts events

Edit: 12. REMOVE THE ANNOYING FREAKING PLANE THAT FLIES OVER BLUE MOON BAY SPEEDWAY EVERY TWO AND A HALF SECONDS THAT IS SO LOUD THAT YOU CANT HEAR YOUR CAR

--
Random cars I would personally like to see

2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Honda Civic Si Coupe Gr4
Honda Civic Si Coupe Gr3
Honda Civic Coupe GRC GrB

2018 Honda Civic Type R (United States version)
Honda Civic Type R (United States version) GrB

2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon
Dodge Challenger SRT Demon Gr4
Dodge Challenger SRT Demon Gr3

Specific tracks I would like to see

Autodromo Internacional Do Algarve
Red Bull Ring
Silverstone
Circuit of the Americas
Daytona International Speedway (Speedway & Road Course)
Indy (Speedway & Road Course)
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
Road America
Sonoma Raceway
Texas Motor Speedway (Speedway & Road Course)
Texas World Speedway (Speedway & Road Course)
Watkins Glen
Fuji
Martinsville Speedway
Virginia International Raceway
Sebring
Charlotte Motor Speedway (Speedway & brand new road course)

No. 9 you can adjust the projection area to stop this. :)

More tracks, have a think about what we had in gt6 compared to this.....
Grand Valley
Midfield
Deep forest
Trial Mountain
Apricot hill
Cape ring
Autumn ring
Eiger nordwand
High speed ring
Special Stage route (s)
Spa
Cote d'azure
Ascari
Red bull ring
Silverstone
Monza
Fuji
Daytona
Tsukuba
Indy
Laguna
Motegi
Madrid
London
Tokyo R246
Sierra

I've probably missed some but that list makes the GTsport track roster look like a joke

Latest Posts

Back