Lewis Hamilton Time Trial DLC Coming to GT Sport, With Exclusive Rewards

Not knowing the DLC even exists to complaining about it in around 24hrs is the internet in a nutshell.

Content wise this one seems easy to skip without fear of being left behind or missing out.

But if you feel like giving PD some cash for the amazing and free support we’ve been constantly getting - here’s your chance.

I know I will.

As someone above pointed out the arcade time trail gives cars more grip compared to online time trial. Considering this time trial mode is online as it compares your friends times etc I wouldnt use arcade time trial times you've obtained as reference just yet.
Whoops. I guess we'll need to wait and see.

I am still confused how people are surprised this is paid DLC.
It's a miracle we can get F1 Merc for free even though we can't apply liveries but we're paying to someone who took his time for PD while he had his to do.

I don't suppose the inclusion of Fernando Alonso in Grid was free or Vettel in GT5 and other real world racers.

Still the credit payout in these time trial almost reminds me of GT6 Sennas.
I prefer we get bigger credit payouts for everything instead of 100m cap lol

There will always be the Haves and the Have Nots. Deal with it

Ehmmm are you being serious or just totally uninformed?

The days of paid DLC in the form you are suggesting is dead and buried. Turns out that when you introduce new content that requires a purchase not everyone buys it. Suddenly you have stuff that can only be played buy a limited number of players. When you then introduce even more DLC the already shrinking player base gets even smaller. And you now how a game bleeding players.

You panic and release everything for free but the players are gone to the next thing.

Every modern game developer knows this, you could say it's a surprise that PD also knows

There is no haves in this case, everyone loses so the haves can enjoy themselves in empty lobbies..

Gt has spoiled us with all the slow trickle of free DLC it's sad but this is the way all games are going let hope we don't get season passed or loot boxes for ****sake.

Last edited by a moderator:
Weird sentiment. How about we keep cars and tracks free so we don’t spilt the player base?

This isn't Battlefield or COD. There's no risk of fracturing a player base in the case of GT.

Gt has spoiled us with all the slow trickle of free DLC it's sad but this is the way all games are going let hope we don't get season passed or loot boxes for ****sake.

I see a few racing games on the market doing just fine with season passes. Not the end of the world.

But paying seven bucks or whatever for time trials to get a new livery or whatever for a car already existing, and to raise the credit limit (something that most sane developers would have added in an update) is peak Polyphony. Never change.

Last edited by a moderator:
This isn't Battlefield or COD. There's no risk of fracturing a player base in the case of GT.

What?! If PD puts a track or cars behind a paywall, it'd obviously split the playerbase. Imagine if Laguna Seca costs US$7, how many people wouldn't be able to race on it? This game's focus is on the online Sport Mode, less people racing = empty rooms = splitted playerbase.

We only get 3 types of daily races every week. Now imagine if 1 of them was behind a paywall... And more than 85% don't touch the sport mode already, so it'd be a great risk to ask money for tracks.

Last edited:
I’m happy to pay for DLC and tracks, but to buy things that are basically in the game already but being used differently is silly. Time trail, credit cap should have been a free update, beating another drivers lap times, cars and tracks we already have besides the new one or updated one with 44. We’re paying for Lewis Hamilton’s name.

Don’t think you thought this through.

It's paid time trials basically. What risk is there in fracturing any sort of player base? The vast majority of post launch content has, and will continue to be, free and given out in updates. The only issue is the credit cap moving up, but even then, how many people are realistically going to reach that point? To buy the 20 million credit cars in Group X that will get used once for Nostalgia 1979 and then chucked into a dusty corner of the garage, never to be used again because those vehicles are never used in official online races?

So again, what actual risk is there in fracturing the player base?

This reminds me of the Vettel challenge from GT5. Took a week off from work to try and beat those times, witch I eventually managed.

I don’t care how much the DLC will cost, I want it and will do my best to beat Lewis his times.
To be able to interact in some way with one of the greatest Formula 1 drivers of all time, in my favorite game, is priceless...

It's paid time trials basically. What risk is there in fracturing any sort of player base? The vast majority of post launch content has, and will continue to be, free and given out in updates. The only issue is the credit cap moving up, but even then, how many people are realistically going to reach that point? To buy the 20 million credit cars in Group X that will get used once for Nostalgia 1979 and then chucked into a dusty corner of the garage, never to be used again because those vehicles are never used in official online races?

So again, what actual risk is there in fracturing the player base?

You misunderstood something I think. Read again what I actually said.

I said this DLC will NOT split the player base unlike paid tracks and cars.

The Time Trial is still released for "free", it's just an "option" to buy.:lol::sly:;)

Anyway, $11 in Australian currency, is less than buying a Hungry Jacks large Whopper meal. That only lasts for a few minutes. The Time Trial and being able get up to 100mil Cr, lasts as long as any one player plays the game. Good value there.

Mmm a good time to use that 2 Whopper with Cheese for $8.95 voucher :D

Parts of the Gran Turismo community are wild. You get spoiled for two years straight then have the balls to complain about some paid optional DLC that doesn’t split the user-base and costs about the same as a combo from a fast food restaurant? Give me a break.

Like damn, I’ll make myself a sandwich for work tomorrow instead of eating out and I’ll have payed for it.

Not knowing the DLC even exists to complaining about it in around 24hrs is the internet in a nutshell.

Content wise this one seems easy to skip without fear of being left behind or missing out.

But if you feel like giving PD some cash for the amazing and free support we’ve been constantly getting - here’s your chance.

I know I will.
It's a weird choice for DLC, but yeah, choosing not to buy this doesn't mean you're missing out on cars or tracks, it doesn't split the playerbase. All the tangible content we still get for free. If you don't think it's worth the price, you're in luck, you still get all the cars and tracks. You're not obligated to buy this. Everybody wins.

Back