Lewis Hamilton TT, worth the money or not?

• Thread starter Pearl Jam
  • 185 comments

Is it worth it?

• Yes

Votes: 187 72.2%
  • No

Votes: 72 27.8%

• Total voters
Well, I bought it and love it. Gold is a challenge (especially on pad using auto gears.... don't flame me please. I hate manual gear on pad and my wheel isn't setup).

Nobody but the really fast, committed and truly talented should expect to get diamond. It is not a given by any stretch, but gold should be achievable for most players.

PS, the car does not understeer and Lewis does not have "more grip". If it's understeering, you are over driving and not trail braking correctly. The car is solid imo. You just need to break hard for weight transfer then gently trail into the corner.

This DLC will keep me occupied for the next few weeks I'm sure. I love being so close to Lewis's ghost. It's great to feel like your racing a multiple F1 world champ.

Verdict: Amazing.

(especially on pad using auto gears.... don't flame me please. I hate manual gear on pad
I also use auto gears and I would believe this makes diamond even more difficult, analog stick steering isn't optimal either, a sudden move or shaky hands and you will be far behind.

Last edited:
I also use auto gears and I would believe this makes diamond even more difficult, analog stick steering isn't optimal either, a sudden move or shaky hands and you will be far behind.

I use analogue steering and treat it like a wheel. Smooth inputs. Not tap tapping or jerky.

You can also manipulate the gear selection with very soft brake touches to initiate down shifts. Still nowhere near manual transmission where you can hold a gear for a section though. I just hate manual gears on pad. I can use them but don't enjoy it at all.

Just not got the current room to set my wheel back up unfortunately :(

I just hate manual gears on pad. I can use them but don't enjoy it at all.
I have tried manual gear shift on controller, but I'm forgetting to up/down shift, it's about practice as everyting else and I didn't put enough effort into be used to it.

Edit.

(For other who want's to buy the Hamilton challenge and are just using a controller, don't be intimidated by what I'm saying, it is possible to beat Hamilton with a controller, it's my own confidence/skills I'm questioning. I would not be surprised if I bought this DLC out of curiosity, so I can try it out myself and see how good/bad I am and maybe learn something as well.)

Last edited:
I might get the dlc just to learn better racing technique from lewis ghosts, but im not overly excited by time challenges and dont need the credits as ive finished that part of the game (some of the unicorns are real turkeys). Glad to hear im not the only lazy gamer, im an auto gear pad user too lol.

I've got Willow, Suzuka and Nords left to gold. All done on pad and auto gears. Once they are all golded it may be time to dust the wheel off and go for Diamond.

Still not raced back in sport yet. Set a reasonable Q time at Nurb GP in the M4 2.05.xxx but not feeling ready to go back out in the wild yet lol. Still finding my feet.

Back