Lewis Hamilton TT, worth the money or not?

• Thread starter Pearl Jam
  • 185 comments

Is it worth it?

• Yes

Votes: 187 72.2%
  • No

Votes: 72 27.8%

• Total voters
speaking of ghosts, there is some glitch on willow springs? I see LH's ghost only when I cross the finish line, also there is no video description of track for willow?

edit: rebooted the game and ghost is visible as it should

Last edited:
I had $6 in my PlayStation Store balance so if I didn't then I probably wouldn't have purchased it. I appreciate the challenge factor that it offers (I'd place it up there as some of the hardest challenges in all of Gran Turismo), but I doubt I will be able to reap all of the rewards that it has to offer. The OCD collector in me wants to get the prize car for all diamond prizes but I don't have the skills, patience or persistence to get it. I don't think that the upgraded Credit cap should be the reward for getting all gold prizes, but rather should be the reward for getting all Bronze prizes. Even the Gold prizes (at least for players like me) are a tall order to get; I'm averaging a Silver at best on all of the challenges I've tried so far. The fact that you have to attack a single lap before evaluation is also a huge flow-breaker; it would be nicer if you could run continuous laps and then use your best lap time as your evaluation but it's their rule for the challenges I guess.

If I didn't have spare change in my PlayStation Store balance then I probably would not have bought it; I think the value for the casual or average player isn't that good, especially when Gold prizes require a respectable effort to achieve. So unless you know you're capable of flexing your mettle around the cars and courses used in the challenges then it's a fantastic way to boost your Credits, otherwise I don't think it's that much great value at all.

I had $6 in my PlayStation Store balance so if I didn't then I probably wouldn't have purchased it. I appreciate the challenge factor that it offers (I'd place it up there as some of the hardest challenges in all of Gran Turismo), but I doubt I will be able to reap all of the rewards that it has to offer. The OCD collector in me wants to get the prize car for all diamond prizes but I don't have the skills, patience or persistence to get it. I don't think that the upgraded Credit cap should be the reward for getting all gold prizes, but rather should be the reward for getting all Bronze prizes. Even the Gold prizes (at least for players like me) are a tall order to get; I'm averaging a Silver at best on all of the challenges I've tried so far. The fact that you have to attack a single lap before evaluation is also a huge flow-breaker; it would be nicer if you could run continuous laps and then use your best lap time as your evaluation but it's their rule for the challenges I guess.

If I didn't have spare change in my PlayStation Store balance then I probably would not have bought it; I think the value for the casual or average player isn't that good, especially when Gold prizes require a respectable effort to achieve. So unless you know you're capable of flexing your mettle around the cars and courses used in the challenges then it's a fantastic way to boost your Credits, otherwise I don't think it's that much great value at all.

No doubt it's hard but I'm as average as You are. Some are much harder than others. Bronze & Silver are surely easy to achieve after a few runs. Gold is much harder & Diamond is beyond reach for me as of now. I have achieved Gold at Dragon Trail, Maggiore & Interlagos. I too hate the last lap scenario where we need to break the flow & restart the challenge every single time. Don't know what was their thinking behind it but it's not good.

It also feels as if Lewis' car is running on different dynamics. His car is planted as if he's running on Racing Softs.

I tried four tracks (two diamonds, two golds) and few things I noticed regarding value of this DLC:
Not all tracks have video description made by Lewis, one would expect that he can say few words about tracks like Dragon Trail and Maggiore.
Diamond times are inconsistent, they are always challenging but some are almost top 10 level and some are seconds off, again one would expect more consistency.

And in my opinion only unique car in this DLC Mercedes AMG VGT LH Edition and credit cap increase should be for everyone who bought this DLC, because not many people will be able to do all diamonds and even all golds are challenging.

I tried four tracks (two diamonds, two golds) and few things I noticed regarding value of this DLC:
Not all tracks have video description made by Lewis, one would expect that he can say few words about tracks like Dragon Trail and Maggiore.
Diamond times are inconsistent, they are always challenging but some are almost top 10 level and some are seconds off, again one would expect more consistency.

And in my opinion only unique car in this DLC Mercedes AMG VGT LH Edition and credit cap increase should be for everyone who bought this DLC, because not many people will be able to do all diamonds and even all golds are challenging.
I would agree that the credit cap increase could’ve been given in easier way since it doesn’t really matter that much, either give it for the purchase or all bronze or silver, I’d be fine with that.

But why do you think everyone should be given the car? That I certainly do not agree with.

I'm getting plenty of value out of this DLC, despite those diamond times being out of my reach. I've had a blast trying to get the gold times, four of which I've managed (Dragon Trail, Brands Hatch, Monza and Interlargos).

I'm not really fussed about the rewards. Some extra Cr are nice to have, but they should not be the reason to buy these time trials.

The prize design of this LH challenge DLC is almost perfect imo - the small exception being the cars that could be a bit more unique.
If you buy something that is called LH challenge, you buy the challenge, not the achievable prizes. A prize is something you get for being good enough to clear a specific level.
If you don't like being challenged at an uncertain outcome, don't moan, just let it be - if you like it, go, show what you're capable of.
I like it.

Sidenote :
Honestly, I don't understand why so many people offset the money they spend with the possible rewards.
Isn't it the effort, dedication and practice we spend in order to reach the given goalposts what makes us better drivers in the end ( unless you're an alien perhaps ) ? No one willing to go that route anymore ?

It would be better value in this DLC for all players, imo thrills are in beating LH's times and not in getting a car afterwards.
Again, respectfully I disagree. ROCKET JOE already mentioned what I would say. Rewards are not to be purchased, rewards are given for achieving something.

Let's pretend for a minute that the LH challenge was set up how you'd want it, what would one receive for beating all 10 diamond times? Nothing? Just some bragging rights?

Again, respectfully I disagree. ROCKET JOE already mentioned what I would say. Rewards are not to be purchased, rewards are given for achieving something.

Let's pretend for a minute that the LH challenge was set up how you'd want it, what would one receive for beating all 10 diamond times? Nothing? Just some bragging rights?

You would get 100 mil. Cr., same as it is now.
I already bought it so apparently I also see enough value in the challenge.

Don't forget that DR B or higher accounts for only about 12% of players. Based on your friends list, only 29% of those can get diamond.. so that's 3-4 people out of every 100 players that can get the diamond times. Relative to what you'd expect against a top level pro-driver, that might be about right, but I don't think we should underplay the fact that the potential of this update is only there for a small fraction of the playerbase.
I am in his friend list and are the silver runner I think. I just want to add that I ran silver in the third attempt and haven't had time to try harder since that. I am sure there are massive improvements for me to be made and that is what I really like about this DLC (that I bought without really wanting to run it, because I wanted to extend my gratitude to PD). The fast money is a bonus, and if I ever dedicate the time to get gold that money too will be a bonus. The unicorn cars never had my interest, but credits are always nice.

YAAAAY..... finally got bronze this morning at the Ring - I've been stuck at 6:15.006 for the last week or so, woke up this morning and decided I WILL get bronze in 2019 - first lap of the day and got a 6:13.998, over one second inside :lol:

Pretty dismal by most standards, I know, but I'm chuffed to bits! I really struggle with this track (as you can tell) and didn't bother with it much (although I really like it), but this TT Challenge really gives you an incentive to practice! I don't see silver coming any time soon, but am going to give it my best shot.

Happy New Year to you all.:cheers:

Last edited:
YAAAAY..... finally got bronze this morning at the Ring - I've been stuck at 6:15.006 for the last week or so, woke up this morning and decided I WILL get bronze in 2019 - first lap of the day and got a 6:13.998, over one second inside :lol:

Pretty dismal by most standards, I know, but I'm chuffed to bits! I really struggle with this track (as you can tell) and didn't bother with it much (although I really like it), but this TT Challenge really gives you an incentive to practice! I don't see silver coming any time soon, but am going to give it my best shot.

Happy New Year to you all.:cheers:
Glad I'm not the only one who has issues at the ring. It took me more than an hour and a half to put a decent bronze run together. I now own a swear jar...

Glad I'm not the only one who has issues at the ring. It took me more than an hour and a half to put a decent bronze run together. I now own a swear jar...

The best part is that it's such a long lap that you end up knowing the front half of the track very well then bin it in the back half, unless of course you always finish your lap. Not me though. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I've not played GTSport in a long time, when I learned of this I was hesitant, then, broke out the game last Friday night after several adult beverages and purchased the LH-Challenge.
Lets just say being enhanced, and having not played in a while, and a mere B ranked mortal I was in for some reality and humiliation.
Absolutely love it... not so much the car, but this is going to be tough for me.
Cannot wait to find some time to dedicate under sober conditions... I have no doubt this will make me a better GTSport-er

I don't mind the DLC content itself, though it isn't for me as I never enjoyed the TT challenges (such as Ayrton Senna, Redbull, Nascar) in past GT games, I just did them because the game economy was imbalanced and they tended to pay well.

What irritates me is that a game feature (higher credit cap) is being locked away behind what is essentially a paywall instead of being added into a game update for all to use.

I golded all the tracks 2 weeks after the DLC release. This was in between working and life commitments etc. The great thing about it, is that it pushes you to achieve its rewards and if you gold them all you receive 30 million in your hand to play with.

I think gold is enough for me as the diamond times on all 10 is a huge commitment. If you're a person with a lot of free time and no distractions then it's ok.

But gold is a good achievement for us all. Totally happy with achieving it.

I found the Schleife to be the easiest to gold and Nurburgring GP being the most tricky. If you haven't bought this yet i'd recommend it for the challenge and the money it will bring you.

Good luck to those whom are still pushing on it.

And here's my gold lap of nurburgring gp. Just for fun.

What irritates me is that a game feature (higher credit cap) is being locked away behind what is essentially a paywall instead of being added into a game update for all to use.

Not just a pay wall, but a skill wall and a grind wall too!

Though to be honest, I'm not upset about it. Most expensive thing is currently 20,000,000, and it takes people a fair while to get to 20,000,000 in normal play. I can't imagine the 20 mil limit is a problem for most.

I got my very first Diamond tonight! :D

C7FC279B-E267-4E4B-A8DF-2FBC32DE0FD8.png

100% this dlc has made me faster.

I put that down to the Merc you drive understeer like mad and loses so much momentum when it happens that it isn’t funny.

So it really taught me to be more careful on corner entry and how to carry speed better through corners.

I’m all gold except for the Willow Springs and Nordshchleiffe races. Missed the Nord time by 0.07 of a second the other day.....might be a while before I go back to that one.

It took me 3 and a half hours the first time to get all diamonds. 1 hour 45 minutes the second time whilst streaming.

I really enjoyed this DLC to be honest. It's only time trialling which you could just do in the single player mode anyway but doing it directly against a 6x F1 champion was a nice touch.

For those who are put off by the difficulty. To me, that's the exact reason you should buy it. I learned a lot about how to improve my technique and time trialling ability from this DLC. It's about time we had some harder challenges - too many games these days hand you everything on a plate.

I loved it and would 100% buy it again if I had to.

Glad you liked it (no irony), but: I'm a player since hour 1 of the series, and up until now managed to gold every challenge in the entire series.
This one though...5 gold and thus...only 5 diamonds after countless hours. PD hides a reasonable Cr. Limit and payout behind rediculously hard challenges, which you have to pay for... The fact, that Lewis had more grip, than us, while setting these times in the understeering dog of a car, that the AMG GT3 is, doesn't really make this matter really better or more fair.

Latest Posts

Back