Lewis Hamilton TT, worth the money or not?

• Thread starter Pearl Jam
  • 185 comments

Is it worth it?

• Yes

Votes: 187 72.2%
  • No

Votes: 72 27.8%

• Total voters
I like it, have put in an hour or two after work nearly every night this week. Haven't done all the tracks yet, but silver seems very obtainable, and gold with some real focus. The only track that I'm close to Hamilton diamond is Dragon Trail, but late braking and understeered into the last corner to rob myself of the opportunity, I'm going to get there but it is going to take lots of play time. I've read a lot of grumbling that it is hard, can't do it because this or that, it isn't like I'm the quickest in the land, but think with effort gold is achievable, and with serious effort unless they change the diamond times that too is possible at most tracks and with effort you should learn some stuff about the track, car and get faster. Interlagos and the green hell is probably going to be the toughest for me, I suspect the corners feel more blind in the game than they do in real life where you have more room to look down track for the exit than a tv will give you. To put it in perspective, 150 miles to gold Lago Maggiore on my regular account, switching to the the alt account 28 miles, tons of miles at Dragon Trail to get with in .300 of Lewis either way. If you want to get quicker and don't like just qualifying, this gives you the opportunity to do it with concrete goals. I quit racing the daily races as much at some point earlier this year to focus on the Wednesday FIA races, and practiced to get faster on those tracks by chasing a top 10 ghost, it improved my abilities a bunch, this is the same style training but with rewards and more concrete goals. It's fun shaving time!

I got silver at Suzuka quite easily after only 2 or 3 tries, but gold isn't going to happen for a while. Of all the tracks in this mode, Suzuka is my most-practiced. Hundreds if not thousands of laps between GT6 and GTS but it's not helping me. I wish LH had done these trials in stock road cars instead. These race cars just feel too arcadey and unrealistic for me.

You have raised a very good question with your comment, did Lewis do these TT with single laps like we have to do or did he do them like in regular TT where he can get a good rhythm going that we can't.
Speculation: When I watched the ghost lap of Lewis on the Nordschleife, he had a 5:50 something as Lap 1. Then was doing a second lap. I think he had continuous lapping, if that's any indication.

For a beginner like me I enjoy it.
It's great to learn how to do a hot lap for me.
In time i will be hitting his times as my race laps times depending on tyre wear/temperature, brake wear/temperature etc.
It's good for beginners as much as experts..

Sadly, I know I’ll never get the diamond results myself. If only it was possible for someone else to pass the tests for me... :boggled:

However, it's not equal. Suzuka or Interlagos doesnt do it this way, some tracks you're going faster or slower at the line, and in one of the instances you're headed at an off angle compared to Lewis. So, not 100% equal.

I haven't touched those two tracks yet but looking at youtube videos of them, the speed difference is marginal at best. Monza gives you a car length into T1 but it seems to average out pretty well overall. Call it 99% equal.

I voted no, because I'm not even sure if I had managed to get bronze on these challenges, so this DLC is not for me.

Last edited:
Speculation: When I watched the ghost lap of Lewis on the Nordschleife, he had a 5:50 something as Lap 1. Then was doing a second lap. I think he had continuous lapping, if that's any indication.
You can also notice this at Monza. It looks like he had a bad exit on the final turn that leads into his ghost lap.

5:50 already seems to be fast in Nordschleife.

Worth the price, finally HARD challenges, definitely worth it.

This time I really do have to practice using my DS4 and not get gold in 1 lap like pretty much any other challenge in the game so far.

I have to pay 12 Australian Dollars for it.

I did not buy it because if it was 7 or 8 dollars I would have bought it but that same price of 12 dollars I can buy a game on the ps store. Some games are going for 7 or 8 dollars or even 10 dollars.

I feel kind of cheesed about this DLC. So yes it helps with the grind but then realize grind was added to incentivize DLC in the first place.

The credit cap too. They put these barriers in place so they can charge you money to remove them, offering relief from their own design choices.

The Hamilton trials should have stood on their own.

I feel kind of cheesed about this DLC. So yes it helps with the grind but then realize grind was added to incentivize DLC in the first place.

The credit cap too. They put these barriers in place so they can charge you money to remove them, offering relief from their own design choices.

The Hamilton trials should have stood on their own.
GT Sport 100 million credit cap limit should have been for everyone that brought the Hamilton trials package, and Sander 001 I totally agree with you 110% saying the Hamilton trials should have stood on their own.

I have to pay 12 Australian Dollars for it.

I did not buy it because if it was 7 or 8 dollars I would have bought it but that same price of 12 dollars I can buy a game on the ps store. Some games are going for 7 or 8 dollars or even 10 dollars.
7.99 US dollars for me. I thought to myself I've spent more on a bad lunch that upset my stomach so I said buy it.

I would suggest just doing off line, practice to death.... And only when you think you can fold it, then go pay...

You could practice within the DLC as well. I actually at times use the ghost of Lewis' car as a reference. Learning from the Legend himself is worth many practice runs!

I didn't hesitate to buy it. Am glad I bought it. I'm quite an average DS4 racer. I've managed to Silver a few & Gold at Maggiore & Interlagos. For me Diamond for most will be quite impossible. Somehow am not quite comfy with the car & tyre combo. But it's a challenge & if You're a racer by heart, any kind of challenge is welcome!

Last edited by a moderator:
Before clicking "start" once the race has loaded, top left of the screen it says "Ghost Options" or something like that. Click it and you will be able to switch off LH's ghost and / or your replay ghost.

Mate, it can be as a shortcut too on the DS4. My R3 button is Ghost on/off.

Back