Lexus 12 Laps of Nurburgring Multi-Class, Stock Classes 3 SPOTS REMAINING!Finished 

• Thread starter Snaeper
  • 139 comments
Alright, you're added! Only 3 spots remaining!

Plenty of spots open for July's VLN event (re: all of them :sly:) which will be roughly the same distance.

Alright, you're added! Only 3 spots remaining!

Plenty of spots open for July's VLN event (re: all of them :sly:) which will be roughly the same distance.
I was going to run this one first, but count me in for GT3, and GT40 Race Car @ Lemans if you want

Last edited:
Auto entry for racers?

Everyone racing in this event will get priority placement over new members for the next event. These are single events, however, so I just want everyone to make sure they re-enter in the appropriate thread and select which car/color/number/etc for it.

I was going to run this one first, but count me in for GT3, and GT40 @ Lemans if you want

Awesome, just head over to the VLN thread when you can and place a formal entry for me so I know what color you'll be running. And for Le Mans, the specific classes will be XJ13, Shelby Daytona Coupe and Ferrari 250 GTO.

However, I might do something different and run the final four spots as unclassified, and allow random entries that fit the theme to participate, so cars like the GT40 Mk1 and Mk4, Chapparrall 2D (not the 2J), Alfa Romeo and others would be permitted, but they would only earn 1 point for finishing and bonus points for finishing cleanly.

However, I will be resisting selecting classes that do not allow you to customize the car in some way to identify you from someone else. So there will never be a spec class for the CLK-LM for example, unless there are four guys who REALLY want to run it. For now though, I want to make a point to only race cars that are paintable (or at least can change the number, like Stealth's).

Awesome, just head over to the VLN thread when you can and place a formal entry for me so I know what color you'll be running.
lol already ahead of you. (foreshadowing??:lol:)

And for Le Mans, the specific classes will be XJ13, Shelby Daytona Coupe and Ferrari 250 GTO.

However, I might do something different and run the final four spots as unclassified, and allow random entries that fit the theme to participate, so cars like the GT40 Mk1 and Mk4, Chapparrall 2D (not the 2J), Alfa Romeo and others would be permitted, but they would only earn 1 point for finishing and bonus points for finishing cleanly.

However, I will be resisting selecting classes that do not allow you to customize the car in some way to identify you from someone else. So there will never be a spec class for the CLK-LM for example, unless there are four guys who REALLY want to run it. For now though, I want to make a point to only race cars that are paintable (or at least can change the number, like Stealth's).
I feel you on the paint, Maybe run a 4 car prototype class, one each of 2D, 330 P4, GT40 Race Car, XJ13.

lI feel you on the paint, Maybe run a 4 car prototype class, one each of 2D, 330 P4, GT40 Race Car, XJ13.

As long as the four don't mind that the cars won't be perfectly balanced against each other, then I'd be happy to do that. I do have that in mind for future events with GT3, but for now I want to keep up the spec classes and try the Open-Class theory.

Some minor updates:

So after some testing tonight, I've altered the Chassis Improvement allowance as I've found that cars that perform ARE still permitted to compete in tuning-restricted races. The logic I had used behind the decision was not incorrect, merely isolated to a single car. (Don't try to run an Ayrton F3 with Chassis Improvement in a tuning-restricted lobby.. it wont work). However, take your car into a tuning-restricted lobby just in case and test to see if it's permitted to run, just to be sure, as I've only tested this on the IS F Touring Car.

I've also revised the rules regarding points a bit and flushed a few things out. For this race, since it's the first race, the rule regarding the maximum amount of finishing points earned will not take effect. Thus anyone running in a two or fewer car class will earn the normal amount of points for finishing in that position in that class. (i.e. first still gets 3 points, not 2).

@CarBastard have you determined what colors you will be running for the event?

Last edited:
@CarBastard have you determined what colors you will be running for the event?

I'm sorry guys, family plans get in the way of the race :(. Really looking forward to the content you have planned Snaper, here's hoping more of it will take place on the Norschleife 👍. My apologies guys.

I'm sorry guys, family plans get in the way of the race :(. Really looking forward to the content you have planned Snaper, here's hoping more of it will take place on the Norschleife 👍. My apologies guys.
No problem Car, hope to see you for the 2 Hour VLN race.

The track will change to fit the theme of the event, so I'm afraid it won't always be at the Nurburgring. I selected the track for this event due to it's popularity and the fact that three of the four Lexus can trace a link to German racing.

@Brutaka due to CarBastard's withdrawal and in the event no more entries come, would you be willing to race in the CCS-R class?

No problem Car, hope to see you for the 2 Hour VLN race.

The track will change to fit the theme of the event, so I'm afraid it won't always be at the Nurburgring. I selected the track for this event due to it's popularity and the fact that three of the four Lexus can trace a link to German racing.

@Brutaka due to CarBastard's withdrawal and in the event no more entries come, would you be willing to race in the CCS-R class?
Sure

I would like to join.

Class 4: Club
Nicktune/ Nic-KL/ Grey/ Black
You have been added!

@Brutaka, in the event that no more entries come for the DTM class (anyone have any ideas on how to recruit them? :sly:) then you may run alone, or you are permitted to enter any of the other three classes if you'd like the competition.

Getting really keen now, guys!
http://****************/australia-adelaide/1403982000/fdfdfd/474747/fdfdfd/333333/ffff00/true/europe-stockholm/counter.gif

Hang on... That countdown's not right :confused:

Last edited:
I'm really sorry but I'm going to have to withdraw from this race because the timing clashes with the first Indycar race livestream from Houston.

Again I'm really sorry.

I'm really sorry but I'm going to have to withdraw from this race because the timing clashes with the first Indycar race livestream from Houston.

Again I'm really sorry.
Disappointed to see you withdraw, but I understand.

@GGGMotorsport I've updated the OP, Tire Wear will be on Normal for this one just to play it safe for now. I will experiment with faster tire wear in future events if I can get a cadre of available testers together to help prepare the events. There will be a minimum of one pit stop.

Additionally, I'm going to keep the chance of weather low for this event. It occured to me that the race could extend a bit longer than I had anticipated if the rain becomes too severe (lengthening our laptimes, and thus the race).

All future events utilizing weather will be timed endurance events instead, to ensure our friends that are staying up WELL past their bedtime will not have to do so for an unnecessarily long amount of time.

Sorry guys doesn't look like I will make it, my home internet failed on me. I contacted my provider twice and they keep telling me to wait :guilty:

@chatva get in here and make an entry! I want you!

@Brutaka I will move you into reserves, I hope your issues can be resolved before the race! If not, be sure to stop in next week.

@miata13B It should be about 3pm
If that is correct sign me up for class 2. If it is not then I'll be up from sleep in 5 hours to try and make the race, 3pm my time will be in 15 hours. If not I will try to make the race at 7:30am my time which is roughly 7 hours from now

Back