Lexus 12 Laps of Nurburgring Multi-Class, Stock Classes 3 SPOTS REMAINING!Finished 

• Thread starter Snaeper
  • 139 comments

Snaeper

Premium
United States
Phoenix, AZ
GTP_Snaeper
PvE6hB1.jpg

Date: Saturday, June 28 3pm (EDT, UTC-4)

L4dFVw7.jpg

This is a multi-class semi-endurance event featuring four classes of four, all cars for this event will be spec unless there are any objections about a cars handling, at which point they will be power and weight capped at stock levels with tuning available. The remaining classes will remain spec classes.

8KWbYM2.jpg

All drivers are expected to know and follow the GTPLanet OnLine Racing (OLR) Rules & Guidelines as well as The Good Racecraft Guide. You will be given one warning to improve your track etiquette at the end of the race should it be found to be unsavory. Should your track etiquette remain sub-par in the next meeting, you will be barred from future racing events until cleared for re-entry.
You are expected to hone your track etiquette and racecraft before participating!

ddj4fTL.jpg

Track: Nurburgring 24h
Room Privacy: Public
Room Comment: Lexus 12 Laps of Nurb
Race Type: Race for Real
Fixed Room Host: No
Max Number of Participants: 16
Race Quality: High
Voice Chat: OFF
Start Type: Grid Start w/ False Start Check
Boost: Off
Penalty: None
Visible Damage: On
Mechanical Damage: Light
Slipstream Strength: Real
Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption: Normal
Grip Reduction: Real
Nitrous: No
Minimum No. of Pit Stops: 1
Required Tire Compound Change: Off
Tire Restrictions: Class Specific
Weather: Yes (Low Chance)

fGGbgDX.jpg

The room will not use a normal qualifying method, and will instead utilize pre-race practice to determine the starting line-up to save time. Thus, you have from the time the lobby opens until the race starts to post a qualifying time. Because of this, DO NOT RETURN TO PITS FOR ANY REASON, as it will erase your time of course. Enter the pits normally, hit start and your car should remain sitting in the pits without dis-allowing your time, alternatively you can e-brake park your car in the runoff of Turn 11.

Qualifying in future events on shorter tracks will utilize are the in-game method.

wlBQNBS.jpg

There will be points awarded for this event and future single events like this. While this is not a series, at the end of the year, a champion will be crowned based on total points over the participation throughout the year. Some events in the future will use 3 classes of 5. Points are not awarded if you do not finish the race.

In the event that there are only two participents in a class, the First place points will not be eligible to win. Thus the highest finishing points a participant can earn against one competitor is two points. Likewise, if there is only one participant in the class, they will only earn 1 point for finishing the race. The points rewarded are based on how many entries were at the start of the race, not how many finished (thus if four cars started a class and only 1 remained then it would earn 3 points, plus any applicable bonus points while other cars in it's class were racing).

Additionally, only the Spotless Car bonus points are eligible to earn for a single entry in a class, as the lack of competition make the remaining points, moot.

1st. 3 Pts
2nd. 2 Pts
3rd. 1 Pt
4th. 1 Pt
5th. 1 Pt

Bonus Points
Fastest Lap in Class: 1 Pt
Lead a Lap*: 1 Pt
Lead Most Laps in Class: 1 Pt
Spotless Car**: 3 Pts

Bonus Points can only be earned once per race.
*= Racer is credited with crossing the start/finish line in the lead. This point is only eligible to those who do not win the class,
**= When the race is reviewed and your car is found to have no visible cosmetic damage by the end of the event, you will be awarded your bonus points. These points are forfeit if you are given a penalty involving car-to-car contact with another competitor, regardless of your car's condition.

Point Penalties

DN****: (Points relative)

***= In the event a participant does not complete 60% Race distance, he will not be eligible to receive full finishing-position points if he earns more points than someone who does finish. This only applies to normal finishing position points and negates the Spotless Car bonus. Fastest Lap and Lead a Lap are still attainable.

7JLOZtA.jpg

Oil Changes are highly recommended.

Chassis Improvement is highly recommended. NOTE: Test to ensure your car is eligible to compete after you perform it.

Car Appearance Requests: Matte, Color Shift and Chrome colors are allowed, but Solid's, Pearl's and Metallic's are requested. Wheels may be painted any color with any finish, but again, traditional colors (Black/Grey/White/Silver/Gold) are requested with Solid, Metallic and Matte being the requested textures.

For those racing in the SP8 and Club classes, you may change the wheels on your cars, but please select competition-style wheels and refrain from some of the wheels available from OZ and others that entered via SEMA. I would prefer an audaciously colored racing wheel over a traditionally colored style-wheel. Additionally, try to keep the size of your wheels around the same size of traditional competition wheel. (If you can barely see the tire, they're too big).

Don't worry, there is no penalty for not complying! 👍

Entry Request Guidelines

When requesting a position to race in, it's as simple as copying the format of the entry laid out below and filling it in with your own information. Keep it on a single line and make sure you only include information relevant to that class.

Notes:
  • Number requests are only necessary for cars that have number plates.
  • Colored Wheel requests are only necessary for cars that allow you to paint the wheels
This is an example of a correctly-formatted entry request:
Hayden/Haydenmc14/Yellow/Blue/#22

I will not be held responsible for listing incorrect information if it is not provided to me upon your entry request.

57WcllL.jpg

The theme for this event will be Lexus' IS sedan, which has several exciting variations available in GT6 that we will be utilizing to make up the four classes.

Class 1:
DTM (1? Spots Remaining)
Car:
Lexus IS F Racing Concept
Tuning: Prohibited
Tires: Racing Hard
Entrants --
  1. Brutaka/Brutaka_GT/Silver Metallic
  2. glenalz81/Glen-Alz-81/Blue
  3. Wardez/Wardez/Black
  4. gtp_Tenderly/tenderly90/Monza Red
Reserve: Brutaka

Class 2: GT300 (CLASS IS FULL)
Car:
Lexus IS350 GT300 Base Model (Wedssport Livery Available for one user)
Entrants --
  1. Hayden/Haydenmc14/New Indy Yellow Pearl/Blue/#22
  2. GGGMotorsport/GrimGrnninGhost/Imola Orange/Black/#2
  3. -----/BOYRACER7r/White/Black/#88
  4. Miata13b/somebodyshootme/[color=light blue]Olympe[/color]/Habanero Orange/#68
________________________________________________________________________________
Class 3: SP8
(CLASS IS FULL)
Car: Lexus IS F Touring Car
Entrants --

1. Snaeper/GTP_Snaeper/Super Red/Silver/#21
  2. Nail-27/nail-27/Green/White/#27
  3. nascarfan1400/nascarfan1400/Tor-Red/Gold/#15
  4. hognhominy/hognhominy/Plum Crazy Metallic/GT JAPANESE 010-W/#72
________________________________________________________________________________

Class 4: Club (CLASS IS FULL)
Car: Lexus IS F CCS-R
Entrants --

1. -----/Bretsez_fu/Dark Blue/Red
  2. spmotornz/SPMotorNZ/Orange/Black
  3. Nicktune/Nic-KL/Grey/Black
  4. chatva/chatva/Oro Chiara/Black

Thoughts? Questions? Please inquire below.

Next Event: 2 Hours of VLN

Classes: GT3, SP8, SP3T, SP3
Track: Nurburgring 24h
Cars: Mercedes SLS AMG GT3, Lexus IS-F Touring Car, Volkswagen Scirocco GT24 Base Model, Toyota 86 Race Car Base Model

Last edited:
This is a great looking challenge but 4.30 on a monday morning unfortunately isn't gonna work for me. I hope to see this event be successful though, good luck 👍

Looks interesting, keeping an eye on this (I'm not sure yet if I can run on that date).

Edit: Just want confirmation: is it 'real' EST time, or EDT?

Are you sure you can change the wheel size under tuning prohibited regulations?

Like the no tuning idea btw,

Are you sure you can change the wheel size under tuning prohibited regulations?

Like the no tuning idea btw,
I run tuning prohibited leagues , and i change the wheel size on my cars the tuning prohibited lobby setting allows it.

I'm flexible on the time as long as it works for a greater number of people than against it @Hayden. I'm in the western part of the US myself so running later would work. I am also willing to run this on Saturday if it works for more people, but it would definitely be at a later time if I did.

I appreciate the interest guys, I may make a club/league out of this to make sense of the points system. I also like the no-tuning, but I may throw a tuning-permitted class in now and then, as well as a mixed car class, but only sparingly and with cars that would race together IRL (GT3, LMP1, etc).

Races will always have a theme relating either to a model of car, a manufacturer, an engine layout, as well as replicating a real series (WEC/Super Taikyu/VLN/SCCA World Challenge/etc).

This is pretty much going to be a long, multi-class, shuffle series with a week in between the races.

Last edited:
If you're considering changing the time, anywhere between 2pm saturday & 2am sunday EST works for me. It's exactly the type of series I'd like to be part of so hopefully that time bracket works for everyone :cheers:

Looks interesting, keeping an eye on this (I'm not sure yet if I can run on that date).

Edit: Just want confirmation: is it 'real' EST time, or EDT?
If you're considering changing the time, anywhere between 2pm saturday & 2am sunday EST works for me. It's exactly the type of series I'd like to be part of so hopefully that time bracket works for everyone :cheers:

Alright, so I've updated the date to Saturday the 28th, 3PM Eastern Standard Time (New York's timezone). This will be a little late for our European friends but not too bad.

The thread will be looking much better by tonight.

Awesome, count me in! Could I please use the GT300 car?

Hayden/Haydenmc14/Yellow/Blue/#22

I'm going to do some practice laps later today :D

Just to make an edit, it will be EDT (I know @Fryto was asking, good question), not EST. Which I hope still falls in your time frame @Hayden? That would be 4:30AM.

That's noon for me, 9PM for Fryto, and 3pm for mlbguy and anyone else from the east coast.

Also, if you can at some point update the exact color of Yellow you'll be using? No rush.

Last edited:
4.30am huh? Looks like I'll be having an early saturday night :lol:. Yea, that'll work I guess.

The yellow is Honda's New Indy Pearl. I took the GT300 for a cruise and with HUD & ABS off it should be quite a fun race. I am however, happy to use a different class if numbers are low and other people prefer another car.

"Notes: As the GT6 tire bug appears to still be an issue, there will be no pit-stops, tire-wear or heavy damage. I understand this takes away from the realism, but so does unrealistic tire wear. Future events may change any or all of these options, but for this inaugural event these are the room settings."

This is gone just to let you know.

"Notes: As the GT6 tire bug appears to still be an issue, there will be no pit-stops, tire-wear or heavy damage. I understand this takes away from the realism, but so does unrealistic tire wear. Future events may change any or all of these options, but for this inaugural event these are the room settings."

This is gone just to let you know.
When did they fix it?

If that's the case, then I've updated the event settings. Tire wear and Minimum pit stops will be determined after a test session.

4.30am huh? Looks like I'll be having an early saturday night :lol:. Yea, that'll work I guess.

The yellow is Honda's New Indy Pearl. I took the GT300 for a cruise and with HUD & ABS off it should be quite a fun race. I am however, happy to use a different class if numbers are low and other people prefer another car.

Stick to your guns! I'd ideally like a full grid of cars, so don't think like that! Tell your friends about this event.

The GT300 is definitely the easiest car to drive of the bunch. To those interested in running the Racing Concept, know that PD has tinkered with the stock suspension settings. It's drive-able with a G27, but if anyone is interested in a tuning-permitted class, that is most likely going to be the one I'll allow for tuning. Otherwise it really isn't that bad in its stock configuration.

The Touring Car and CCS-R feel right at home on the Nordschelife of course.

I won't be picking my car until I see what's left as I'm willing to race any of the four.

Last edited:
If you wanna do a test session to work out tyre wear at my 4.30am this week (in 10 hours) I'm keen. I like your confidence man, we will fill the room!

Edit: Scratch that, won't be available for testing.

Last edited:
Very well, I'm still skeptical however. Had an incident after the update that makes me believe that may not be the case. We'll see.

So I've updated the race to shorten it a bit, I realized with the lap times we'd be doing that it'd take us about 4 hours to complete the event and I want the event to be much more approachable than that.

Changed the theme for July's first event as well, thread for that will be posted tomorrow.

Im interested in joining however I do have a couple questions.

1 - How long are the races? Nevermind - I saw endurance and assumed timed race. I now see its 12 laps
2 - What pit stop bug are you all refering too. I run in several series and the pitstop tire bug was fixed a couple updates ago.
3 - Just to confirm, no oil change, correct?

I too would like to test a couple cars out to see which one I'll jump into. That said, looks like a solid format and looking forward to racing!

Thanks

Last edited:
2 - What pit stop bug are you all refering too. I run in several series and the pitstop tire bug was fixed a couple updates ago.

That issue has been resolved, there will be pit stops, the note was removed from the OP.

3 - Just to confirm, no oil change, correct?

I'd recommend doing it since I won't be checking against it. Do not upgrade the chassis though, as of 1.09 PD treats Chassis Upgrades as tuning modifications and will not allow your car to compete if it's been performed.

I too would like to test a couple cars out to see which one I'll jump into. That said, looks like a solid format and looking forward to racing!

Thanks

I'm glad you like it and I'm looking forward to racing with you. Let me know as soon as you can! Don't forget to follow this thread to monitor any and all updates, though most of the big changes should be completed by now. Only things to look forward to will be tire degradation finalization, minimum pit stops, and maybe precise weather settings. Those will be announced after I complete testing sometime this week.

Back