Lexus 12 Laps of Nurburgring Multi-Class, Stock Classes 3 SPOTS REMAINING!Finished 

• Thread starter Snaeper
  • 139 comments
Epic race guys, looking forward to next week :)
I was being super cautious the last two laps as I manged to keep the car clean to that point and didnt want to screw it up. Although I was ready to push it if you got closer.

I thought catching you became a little easier later on. I've gotta hand it to you though, I couldn't do 1 lap without messing up, let alone 12!

I may have caught up to Snaep if the timer didn't run out :( I was catching him by seconds at a time after it started to rain.

What a great event, shame that the end timer was only 30sec though. :guilty: Oh well :cheers: Fantastic turnout.
I realized it a few laps in, that I hadn't adjusted the timer properly and facepalmed.

How are you awarding "Spotless Car***: 3 Pts" if cosmetic damage is off? I was looking through the field and ALL cars seemed spotless to me..

Good event though (although the 30 second end timer was a bummer). Looking forward to next week
Never you mind how! This bonus may not be rewarded given that the replay finished about an hour into the event for me. Or at least it said it did.

I may have caught up to Snaep if the timer didn't run out :( I was catching him by seconds at a time after it started to rain.
It remains to be seen... mwuahaha that was my plan from the start! Kidding, but my tires were losing grip there at the end and I was keeping an eye on your arrow getting steadily closer....

Here's some pictures from the start of the race.

There are also pictures of the VLN and Vintage Car shoots here.

YuLu56J.jpg

rOEF9ct.jpg

S80mmoQ.jpg

pIktEpq.jpg

mzDjbRg.jpg

vQhnPwK.jpg

g4QDk4n.jpg

99BiJiF.jpg

Never you mind how! This bonus may not be rewarded given that the replay finished about an hour into the event for me. Or at least it said it did.

Even though it stated it stopped recording, you have the full race in replay.

Well, i had a pretty good run only a a few minor mistakes, was a rather lonely 12 laps but a wins a win none the less.
Good event @Snaeper i may join more in the future. 👍

Well done to all who finished!

My race was to beat the 3min end timer :lol: at the last split i think was 3min 2sec behind the leader and when he crossed the line only a 30sec timer appeared :lol: oh well.

And none of you noticed that when the light went out...i backed up to the pit entrance and shed my rains...see there is a benefit from realizing that the host screwed you with the fake rain and you pouted by the side of the road during qualifying....held my breath even. So I was at the back of the grid I supposed that would really:lol: irritate the chief steward.

But how can you disqualify a blind driver ( my monitor was er ah partially disconnected by my Race Cat Mr MiG 21...Bogey for short...he WILL play with ANYTHING).also..its not PC to disqualify Disabled Veterans :sly:...(I resemble that remark:dopey:)

Great race...great Idea....hated the car...too weird for me....should have picked the fourth class...it drives like a trans am car.
Night all

And none of you noticed that when the light went out...i backed up to the pit entrance and shed my rains...see there is a benefit from realizing that the host screwed you with the fake rain and you pouted by the side of the road during qualifying....held my breath even. So I was at the back of the grid I supposed that would really:lol: irritate the chief steward.

But how can you disqualify a blind driver ( my monitor was er ah partially disconnected by my Race Cat Mr MiG 21...Bogey for short...he WILL play with ANYTHING).also..its not PC to disqualify Disabled Veterans :sly:...(I resemble that remark:dopey:)

Great race...great Idea....hated the car...too weird for me....should have picked the fourth class...it drives like a trans am car.
Night all
Ummm... what?

EDIT: Never mind, I re-read and understand now. Feel free to practice with all car selections in the future if you can.

Last edited:
No, ABS will be the only aid permitted, TCS, SRF, etc will not be allowed. And HUD is allowed, not that I was aware you could even turn it off.

Cockpit view is, in my opinion, the last view you want to use in online racing, unless you're running against a group of guys you can trust completely.
In all honesty, cockpit view should be the ONLY view allowed for online racing.

In all honesty, cockpit view should be the ONLY view allowed for online racing.

I agree that the cockpit view should be the best view, but isn't in my opinion.Even adjusting the perspective is no good on gt6.On a 3 screen setup then yes it would work fine but with 1 screen it just isn't enough.I don't need to see my own hands and wheel on top of another set of hands and wheel on screen, even with the closest view you can still see the wheel and on top of that you can't see your mirrors anymore..lol..Granted i do enjoy certain cars interior view but thats more for pleasure than racing.

At the end of the day its more of a personal preference than anything, so each to their own and all that jazz. :)

I agree that the cockpit view should be the best view, but isn't in my opinion.Even adjusting the perspective is no good on gt6.On a 3 screen setup then yes it would work fine but with 1 screen it just isn't enough.I don't need to see my own hands and wheel on top of another set of hands and wheel on screen, even with the closest view you can still see the wheel and on top of that you can't see your mirrors anymore..lol..Granted i do enjoy certain cars interior view but thats more for pleasure than racing.

At the end of the day its more of a personal preference than anything, so each to their own and all that jazz. :)
even with 3 screens I find the hands/wheel redundant. I try to run cockpit when not competing, but it still bugs me

even with 3 screens I find the hands/wheel redundant. I try to run cockpit when not competing, but it still bugs me

I can put up with the little bit of wheel and hands, but with the 3 screens at least you get your mirrors back :D

I can put up with the little bit of wheel and hands, but with the 3 screens at least you get your mirrors back :D

True but it's really a crapshoot, i'd say with 3/10 cars one or more of the mirrors is unusable due to being in the bezel void.

@Snaeper I wanted to thank you for hosting and look forward to more of your events in the future.

I did want to mention my issue during qualifying, coming out of Pflanzgarten 3 I clipped the inside curb which sent me off track left, I bounced the wall, kept it straight and got back on track in the straight before Schwalbenschwanz.

While not a particularly fast line, nor in my view advantageous, it was offtrack.

The penalty imposition in the final few seconds of qualifying left me confused as to why and how to serve the penalty. I was not aware of any penalty system for this race, nor the method by which penalties are served. If there is a penalty system, it should be well defined, in place before the race start, and reviewable.

The fact that in GT6 qualifying runs are not recorded or reviewable in anyway makes any penalty assessment dependent on location of infraction and that someone is there to view it. This is difficult on a track like Nür due to the vast layout.

Without running 16 1 lap/1driver races for the event, I do not see how Qualifications runs can be reviewable after the fact. Even live observation by a steward would require up to 16 additional races.

GT6 leaves quite a lot to be desired as a race administrator, and its lack of control features necessitates the need for a system the can be applied outside of the control of the game. In real life an issue like mine would be rectified by DQing qualifying time and starting from the back.

In GT6 my options would have been :
  1. Ghost at the start, while the simplest method, P1 static on grid would no doubt cause issues for odd/outside row competitors.
  2. Wait at the outside Turn 1, this is what I should have done given the scenario. This would have left me vulnerable to poor/no start drivers but would have been the best method for getting to the back.
  3. Do what I did, Basically ignore the imposition and hope for the best, which in hindsight was inappropriate and I apologize.
What I would suggest for penalty imposition in the future:
  1. No fuel Stop & Go, I don't think you can skip new tires but a S&G is the most common penalty method IRL and could be used effectively. This would require the host/admin to notify the driver, which in GT6 requires pausing to type if mics are not enabled, costing the admin time if he/she is also a driver.
  2. Additional Time Penalties, I think this is the best method. It would be reviewable and assessed before the ingame results are finalized. It would also be scalable depending on infraction (i.e: 30sec for advantageous off track, 60 sec for incidental contact, 120sec for intentional contact, etc.)
I hope you see this in the spirit in which I am saying it, this is not a criticism of the race, merely my point of view and ideas to ponder moving forward to future events .

True but it's really a crapshoot, i'd say with 3/10 cars one or more of the mirrors is unusable due to being in the bezel void.

@Snaeper I wanted to thank you for hosting and look forward to more of your events in the future.

I did want to mention my issue during qualifying, coming out of Pflanzgarten 3 I clipped the inside curb which sent me off track left, I bounced the wall, kept it straight and got back on track in the straight before Schwalbenschwanz.

While not a particularly fast line, nor in my view advantageous, it was offtrack.

The penalty imposition in the final few seconds of qualifying left me confused as to why and how to serve the penalty. I was not aware of any penalty system for this race, nor the method by which penalties are served. If there is a penalty system, it should be well defined, in place before the race start, and reviewable.

The fact that in GT6 qualifying runs are not recorded or reviewable in anyway makes any penalty assessment dependent on location of infraction and that someone is there to view it. This is difficult on a track like Nür due to the vast layout.

Without running 16 1 lap/1driver races for the event, I do not see how Qualifications runs can be reviewable after the fact. Even live observation by a steward would require up to 16 additional races.

GT6 leaves quite a lot to be desired as a race administrator, and its lack of control features necessitates the need for a system the can be applied outside of the control of the game. In real life an issue like mine would be rectified by DQing qualifying time and starting from the back.

In GT6 my options would have been :
  1. Ghost at the start, while the simplest method, P1 static on grid would no doubt cause issues for odd/outside row competitors.
  2. Wait at the outside Turn 1, this is what I should have done given the scenario. This would have left me vulnerable to poor/no start drivers but would have been the best method for getting to the back.
  3. Do what I did, Basically ignore the imposition and hope for the best, which in hindsight was inappropriate and I apologize.
What I would suggest for penalty imposition in the future:
  1. No fuel Stop & Go, I don't think you can skip new tires but a S&G is the most common penalty method IRL and could be used effectively. This would require the host/admin to notify the driver, which in GT6 requires pausing to type if mics are not enabled, costing the admin time if he/she is also a driver.
  2. Additional Time Penalties, I think this is the best method. It would be reviewable and assessed before the ingame results are finalized. It would also be scalable depending on infraction (i.e: 30sec for advantageous off track, 60 sec for incidental contact, 120sec for intentional contact, etc.)
I hope you see this in the spirit in which I am saying it, this is not a criticism of the race, merely my point of view and ideas to ponder moving forward to future events .

Well, the whole qualification method we used for the race was thrown in last minute. I stated in the OP quite clearly (even made it's own banner just for it) that qualifying would go hand in hand with practice. Yet many people got into the room and asked "When's Qualifying?" anyways, and at the time I was trying to run my qualifying laps, which is hard to do when people are asking questions they shouldn't be. (*wags finger*) I do realize that GT6 is terrible in terms of giving resources and power to the host and I hope the PS4 can remedy that issue.

You must understand about my point of view regarding the off track: Here I am running at the front the entire qualification lap, only to see a white line come flying past me through the grass, get back on track in front of me, and carry on as if it was meant to happen. Having no experience racing with you, I immediately think the worst.

That action combined with the suddenness of the qualifying method we were using, and the little amount of time we had after qualifying put me in a bind, got my adrenaline going (which lead me to jump the start during the race) and made me think that the only thing I could do was to disqualify your time so you had to start at the back. You didn't and that ticked me off, and as I said after the race, your pace would've put you in the lead penalty or not, but yeah.... lessons learned, we all have to start some where.

Future races will have GT's penalty system enabled just to make sure no one benefits from accidental off-track excursions (or intentional ones, of course) and we'll use the "Everyone on-track" qualifying method unless I can get back to the Practi-Quali method as long as everyone understands that's what we'll be doing.

gdtCdzP.jpg

Overall
  1. @hognhominy Class 3
  2. @Snaeper Class 3
  3. @nascarfan1400 Class3
  4. @Glenalz81 Class 1
  5. @Nicktune Class 4
  6. @GGGMotorsport Class 2
  7. @Hayden Class 2
  8. --BOYRACER7r Class 2
  9. @Wardez Class 1
  10. @miata13B Class 2
  11. @Nail-27 Class 3 DNF
  12. @gtp_Tenderly Class 1 DNF
  13. @chatva Class 4 DNF
  14. --Bretsez_fu DNS
  15. @spmotornz DNS

5 --- Glenalz81 (3 + Fastest Lap + Lead Most Laps)
2 --- Wardez (2)
1 --- gtp_Tenderly (1)
Class 2:
4 --- GGGMotorsport (3 + Lead Most Laps)
3 --- Hayden (2 + Fastest Lap)
1 --- BOYRACER7r (1)
1 --- miata13b (1)
Class 3:
5 --- hognhominy (3 + Fastest Lap + Lead Most Laps)
2 --- Snaeper (2)
1 --- nascarfan1400 (1)
1 --- nail-27 (1)
Class 4:
5 --- Nicktune (3 + Fastest Lap + Lead Most Laps)
1 --- chatva (2 - 1 DNF)

Points Standings
5 --- hognhominy
5 --- Glenalz81
5 --- Nicktune
4 --- GGGMotorsport
3 --- Hayden
2 --- Snaeper
2 --- Wardez
1 --- nascarfan1400
1 --- BOYRACER7r
1 --- Miata13b
1 --- nail-27
1 --- gtp_Tenderly
1 --- chatva

After tallying up the points, I realized that many of the bonus points caused too great a disparity in points gap between the finishers, so they will be revised and the revisions have already taken place above. I'm also going to introduce DNF points deductions in the event someone who does not finish would receive more points than someone who does, which I do not feel would be fair to those of us who raced all 12 laps. I may make a minimum 60-70% distance covered in order to be eligible for full points.

Spotless Car Bonus points will not be awarded due to a personal error.

Last edited:
Back