• 127 comments
Lexus LF-CC Concept revealed for Paris

1z2lyli.jpg

34eqcqo.jpg

15s0aw0.jpg

2v00ro6.jpg

2s8s1tg.jpg

World Car Fans
At the beginning of the month Lexus promised that on the 17th they’ll reveal more information about the new concept that will be showcased in Paris. This is the LF-CC that represents a preview of a mid-size coupe and possibly the styling direction that the 2014 IS will take. As we can see from these official images, the concept comes with the most aggressive variant of the company’s “spindle” grille.

The grille mesh is framed by the hood’s leading edge while projecting the front fender tips and the deep lower spoiler which is encased in a deep surround that has a metal finish. At the back of the car there’s a full-width bumper flowing into the wheel arches while the rear stop lamp has been integrated in the shark antenna.

Moving inside the cabin we find two distinct zones of the dashboard: Display Zone and Operation Zone. The first one has a multi-display screen installed on the upper side while below the second zone provides access to the shift lever and also for the touch tracer display for the remote system control.

Motivation comes from the Lexus Hybrid Drive consisting of a brand new 4-cylinder, 2.5-liter gasoline engine and a compact permanent magnet electric motor. It also comes with a high-performance battery, a generator and a power split device that can combine and reallocate power from the conventional engine, electric motor and generator depending on the operational requirements. It manages to accomplish this through planetary reduction gears, while the high-speed interaction of the system’s. components is handled by a compact power control unit.

I can't get passed that odd grille and the taillight design. Nice side profile though.

The Lexus LF-LC & LF-CC
8x8mbq.jpg

34eqcqo.jpg

Last edited:
I can easily see this being the new IS as an introduction of a 2-door coupe into the range. The grill is going to be toned down to match that on the new RX, GS, & ES models & the taillights will probably resemble the GS as well.

The IS is overdue for its next generation. And if the new GS & ES are anything to go by, it should be a very good car, inside & out.

I'm sure Lexus will clean up that grille, as we've seen in the past with the GS concept and the actual GS.

I like it, agreed the front needs some tweaking but the overall lines look pretty good!

The grill looks like they made a clay Erlenmeyer flask and sat on it.

You really have excess imagination Omnis.:)

I like the car, as the current model looks dated now. Hopefully the interior quality doesn't feel like a let down here and there.

Not keen on the grille, but as several others have said, that'll be toned down for production. Cool details like the rear lights will too, of course, but as long as they keep the basic shape then it should be quite a car.

Aside from anything, the concept is getting pretty close to my ideal daily. Coupe? Check. Luxury? Check. Likely to never, ever go wrong because it's a Lexus? Check. Bit of pace? Well, Lexus has quoted "over 2bhp per gram/km of CO2", and also "sub-100g/km CO2" in the press release, so it should have at least 190-200bhp, which from experience is enough shove on UK roads. So check. Good gas mileage because it's a hybrid? Also check.

So, this is new Lexus IS, then? Not a bad way to get things rolling with the new 3-series, ATS and so on coming out. It's certainly visually striking, and if they can bring in the balance that the new GS enjoys, it certainly could be a very successful sport sedan and coupe.

Thing is, I'm not sure of the relevancy of this car. Time will tell, positive buzz around the GS is a good start, hopefully they can do the same with this.

Am I the only one who sees a bit of M3 in the side profile/rear 3 quarter view?

Obviously, I don't like the grill at all, but let's see when the car is in production (if it is ever produced that is).

Rear and front are ugly. Still, the basic elements are there, it could be really pretty.

Does it not look sporty enough already?...

Still, I could certainly see the appeal. One of these, in black, in F-Sport trim.

It looks sporty, no lie about that.

Beyond trimming though, hopefully they a plop that V8 into this and giggle all the way to the gas station.

LF-CC stands for Lexus Future Compact Coupe. It previews a new vehicle in Lexus' lineup. Obviously this means the IS will come in coupe form, as motortrend's article confirms it's also a preview of the upcoming 2014 IS.

Lexus's designs just seem so refreshing from the stuff they used to give us. Way more bold than conservative. I saw the new GS the other day in white and it looked mean.

sumbrownkid
Lexus's designs just seem so refreshing from the stuff they used to give us. Way more bold than conservative. I saw the new GS the other day in white and it looked mean.

They do look good in white. Refreshingly modern. And I know it's not universally popular, but I think the CT 200h looks great in F-Sport trim, particularly in blue or white.

2011-lexus-ct-200h-f-sport-05.jpg

(Apologies if the image doesn't work, browsing on my phone)

I like the red one, but that silver one seems too concepty, especially the melted grill, don't like it at all.

I can see how Lexus sort of took their current line up and tried to evolutionise it, but I don't think its a seller.

I really like this new concept, took me a while to get to grips with this new Lexus/Toyota design language which probably started with the LFA and iQ as it introduced new elements I first thought seemed a bit like trying too hard to be different but it's grown on me and this latest one has the best execution of this approach so far.
It's confidently Japanese as well.

Back