Lexus LF Concepts

• Thread starter Ddrizle
  • 127 comments
Now I see why Toyota is sticking with the SC in Super GT. The overall theme of the LFA is nicely inherited in the LF-LC. It looks great in blue. In fact almost every Lexus looks great in blue.

Lexus LF-CC confirmed for production, due in 2015

World Car Fans via Autocar
A source inside Lexus has confirmed that the LF-CC will get a production variant in 2015 and is expected to reflect the brand's upcoming sporty image.
The production LF-CC will probably be offered as a coupe and cabrio, and chances are that it will be based on the RWD platform utilized for the new GS and IS models. It might get the shorter wheelbase of the IS and the wider track of the GS. Most likely, it will be a hybrid using an updated version of the drivetrain in the GS 350h that now provides 300 hp (224 kW).

Styling will be kept close to the concept and it will fill in the empty space left by the SC, while its most important market will be the United States.

The lines in the front grille and rear lights are a cool idea but badly executed. So is the shape of the grille. I like the LF-LC design better

I don't think Lexus will ever make the IS more beautiful than the current generation is looking like. The current IS looks even better in the flesh. Such elegance and style. I seriously think it is one of the best looking sedans out there, if not the best looking current on sale sedan.

I'm not a big fan of Lexus' current styling trend, but I don't dislike it wither. It's unique,without being ugly. It's not that pretty, though, and the concepts it's based on aren't that pretty either, nor are they well executed.

LF-FC pics & vids
tokyo-show-2015-web-057.jpg

tokyo-show-2015-web-058.jpg

Lexus; take the car as it is. And make it. Who needs sales when you can have something that looks like that?

Going to be toned down a lot, but that's essentially the 2017 LS. Going to share some exterior cues with the LX as the halo model.

They definitely need to amp up the LS a bit as-is, and this is a smart way to do it.

Saw a pretty recent LS yesterday, and as much as I knew what it was and appreciated the car, it was just too stealth to be as cool as what it could or should be. Although that back end on the concept needs to be turned down about 80 degrees.

They definitely need to amp up the LS a bit as-is, and this is a smart way to do it.

Saw a pretty recent LS yesterday, and as much as I knew what it was and appreciated the car, it was just too stealth to be as cool as what it could or should be. Although that back end on the concept needs to be turned down about 80 degrees.
The rear will definitely get restyled with Lexus intent on making all their cars have the new L-shaped tail lamps. The front and overall profile with that long hood and short trunk need to stay. Had several positive comments today at work about how it looks very Aston Martin-ish in design.

Very nice. Maybe slightly too fussy at the front, I think the headlight surround detailing is a bit of a mess, but the car as a whole is very nicely proportioned.

If they got rid of the swoosh detail on the front it would be stunningly perfect. I have never liked the Lexus swoosh thing.

It's a real pity that their concepts are so sharp and edgy and so much gets lost in the final production model. It was a massive disappointment to see the geometric masterpiece RX Concept SUV turn into the watered down RX.

10 speed automatic and the same 5.0L N/A V8 as the RC-F. A little unfortunate. But nothing was said about an F model, so hopefully they'll up the power.

Also, I would assume the LF-FC sedan concept is the new Lexus LS.

10 speed automatic and the same 5.0L N/A V8 as the RC-F. A little unfortunate. But nothing was said about an F model, so hopefully they'll up the power.

Also, I would assume the LF-FC sedan concept is the new Lexus LS.
F will come a year or so after. And yes, the LF-FC is essentially the new LS. That's expected sometime 2017-2018.

The front of the car is pretty much perfect as far as I'm concerned. Overall, though, I still prefer the LFA's looks:

maxresdefault.jpg

The LFA was pretty much perfect in all areas.

I really don't like the line that goes up to the front window (green line). It forces the car to have a higher roof. If that line wnent along the yellow or blue, I think it would have looked a lot better.

upload_2016-1-11_16-8-20.png

There's a strange, quirky confidence to this car that I kinda dig. In the same way that the SC300 would have been an odd choice back in the latter part of the '90s, this one seems like its gnawing at the same end of the spectrum. Luxury buyers who want a little performance, but not enough to make it a bad choice to daily drive. Even if the power seems down quite a bit to its competitors, I think it makes a big enough splash style wise where it doesn't really matter.

Two things that bother me:

1) If its based on the same chassis as the upcoming LS, chances are, it can be matched to an AWD system. Why not do that? Take a swipe at the SL where it hurts most, try to take a cut out of the all-weather Porsche buyers, and go from there. Sure, more weight, but I doubt Lexus cares at this point

2) The dashboard

xhrkmq7chn5il3btvywm.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I like everything left of the center console, but the rest of it looks way too odd, and I don't think it'll age well. The big screen, and what appears to be piano black - plastic? No. It looks like the space age interior of the ol Eunos Cosmo, and that has not held up well.

Back