Lexus LFA Non-Racing Cars Super Lap - Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit

• Thread starter et_
  • 293 comments
127.739 using slightly modded matej's tune đź‘Ť

First 1000 kms was an exercise in frustration to say the least :banghead: but finally starting to string a few laps together.

45 mins in to a session and improved to 1'26.946... off an awful T1... back in the top 10 :)

Edit...

45 mins later I've had multiple laps miles ahead of my ghost coming in to the 3 rights, and keep losing all the time :banghead:

I swear I never get those 3 rights err... right :D. I just hate this track, and the car is pretty horrible too.

45 mins in to a session and improved to 1'26.946... off an awful T1... back in the top 10 :)

Edit...

45 mins later I've had multiple laps miles ahead of my ghost coming in to the 3 rights, and keep losing all the time :banghead:

Almost an hour later...

1'26.868

Should be chuffed, but lost 0.2 towards the end of the lap.

My situation is just the opposite. I lost a few tenths with your ghost (I have saved your last top ten lap: 1:27.0xx) in the first three corners. Then, after the straight I keep maintaining or even recovering a little bit of time in the rest of the lap. But, I'm still almost a second behind you. Amazing driving :bowdown:.

Now, I'm stuck at 1.27.585. Need some rest of this TT after a few days trying.

I swear I never get those 3 rights err... right :D. I just hate this track, and the car is pretty horrible too.

I love the combo - just my sort of thing. I struggle to feel the grip limit on slicks, much prefer comfort or sports tyres :)

I love the combo - just my sort of thing. I struggle to feel the grip limit on slicks, much prefer comfort or sports tyres :)

SH is the softest tire I can enjoy using, anything softer ruins the fun completely đź‘Ť. The car and track however... not a fan of them :P

Meant to say... that's me done with this one :(

Have to g to Barcelona on Business for a couple of days early Tuesday, so won't get chance to run it again.

For those hovering in the low 27's... try not to go too much faster please ;)

If anyone is interested. My tune for the LFA.
Used @matej2547 tune as a start point. Thanks! :cheers:

Standard LFA @ Brands Hatch
Body rigidity improvement.

657 BHP, 1218kg.

110/80
5.45/9.03
5/5
5/5
7/7
0/0
0/0

Racing Brakes 6/3

Trans:
FG: 2500
max speed 149mph (min)
1: 6.742
2: 4.839
3: 4.029
4: 3.330
5: 2.759
6: 2.316
FG: 2000

LSD 7/11/5.
prop shaft & triple clutch

Power 97.9%

Comp
Racing Exh
Iso
Cat
intake

Stage 3 weight & windows.

Hope it helps!

:cheers:

Last edited:
Hope you enjoy your days in my country. :cheers:

I always enjoy my time in Spain... so much so that I have just bought a property there... in Andalucia đź‘Ť

This trip is business, but I'll be back again early November to enjoy the sun, drink some Rioja, eat fresh fish and tapas and play some golf :)

Not one of you faster guys can offer me any help/advice uh? I see how it is......I'll remember that. :sly:
Circuit_Brandshatch.png

Ok. First of all let's put a name or number to all that tricky corners.

Second. I'm far from been a fast driver. I just happen to like and enjoy this combo and somewhat I managed to get a good pace with your tune. Also, I've put more km/miles in this TT than in any of the previous ones (maybe in the Scirocco one, at Trial Mountain).

Third. The following information is just based in your blue line, because that's the only information that I have from your best lap. I followed that damn line :P a lot of times, been you, the faster of my friends.;)

I have nearly no advice to give to you in the First corner, Paddock Hill Bend. I have a different approach (wider) than you or Stotty, but most of the times we end in the same point. So, no possible improve here. The Druids corner is very tricky for me, probably because your tune is better in fast medium corners than in hairpins. I ended most of the times losing time with you. 0.2 sec more or less.

Same on the next corner, Graham hill, we have more or less the same pace. I follow Stotty's line, avoiding the use of the wide kerb on the right. The next corner Surtees, is the trickiest one. Very difficult to approach. I brake later, in a straight line, from the left to the right, releasing the brake while turning in the last moment to spin a little bit the car to face the uphill with traction.

The next corner, Hawthom, you can brake later, pretty much later than you did. Here I gain one thenth of the time that I've lost in the first corners. Also, I apply full throttle pretty early in the corner, it has more grip than you could imagine. Next one, Westfield, you can also apply just a little bit later on the brakes, maximizing your speed. No advice at the exit.

The last tricky one, Dingle Dell, you approach it quite well, using a different line and braking point than me or Stotty but with the same result and speed at the exit. Sometimes I manage to brake very late and drive thru the corner with a slight slide, being that the fastest way to pass Dingle Dell. But it's very difficult to find the exact amount of throttle to apply.

No comments on Stirling bend. I cannot find another way to pass faster thru it.

The last corner, Clark Curve, you use a very wide line. I found that braking more and looking for the apex, using the natural steepness of the corner you end up with slightly higher speed in the finish line and also travelling less distance if you aim for the right part of the finish line, going parallel with the wall on the right. This last is a very little gain, but every thousandth counts.

PS: I hope that this information could help you somehow. I can't do much more than this, telling you where I am faster and why (or trying to :lol:).

Cheers! :cheers:

Last edited:
View attachment 235282

Ok. First of all let's put a name or number to all that tricky corners.

Second. I'm far from been a fast driver. I just happen to like and enjoy this combo and somewhat I managed to get a good pace with your tune. Also, I've put more km/miles in this TT than in any of the previous ones (maybe in the Scirocco one, at Trial Mountain).

Third. The following information is just based in your blue line, because that's the only information that I have from your best lap. I followed that damn line :P a lot of times, been you, the faster of my friends.;)

I have nearly no advice to give to you in the First corner, Paddock Hill Bend. I have a different approach (wider) than you or Stotty, but most of the times we end in the same point. So, no possible improve here. The Druids corner is very tricky for me, probably because your tune is better in fast medium corners than in hairpins. I ended most of the times losing time with you. 0.2 sec more or less.

Same on the next corner, Graham hill, we have more or less the same pace. I follow Stotty's line, avoiding the use of the wide kerb on the right. The next corner Surtees, is the trickiest one. Very difficult to approach. I brake later, in a straight line, from the left to the right, releasing the brake while turning in the last moment to spin a little bit the car to face the uphill with traction.

The next corner, Hawthom, you can brake later, pretty much later than you did. Here I gain one thenth of the time that I've lost in the first corners. Also, I apply full throttle pretty early in the corner, it has more grip than you could imagine. Next one, Westfield, you can also apply just a little bit later on the brakes, maximizing your speed. No advice at the exit.

The last tricky one, Dingle Dell, you approach it quite well, using a different line and braking point than me or Stotty but with the same result and speed at the exit. Sometimes I manage to brake very late and drive thru the corner with a slight slide, being that the fastest way to pass Dingle Dell. But it's very difficult to find the exact amount of throttle to apply.

No comments on Stirling bend. I cannot find another way to pass faster thru it.

The last corner, Clark Curve, you use a very wide line. I found that braking more and looking for the apex, using the natural steepness of the corner you end up with slightly higher speed in the finish line and also travelling less distance if you aim for the right part of the finish line, going parallel with the wall on the right. This last is a very little gain, but every thousandth counts.

PS: I hope that this information could help you somehow. I can't do much more than this, telling you where I am faster and why (or trying to :lol:).

Cheers! :cheers:

Thank you very much, really appreciate you taking the time to do this for me. The parts I have bolded are the ones I'm having the most problems with, mostly Surtees as I stated in my original post asking for help there. I will take your advice and see if that helps. Thanks again for your time. :cheers:

Thank you very much, really appreciate you taking the time to do this for me. The parts I have bolded are the ones I'm having the most problems with, mostly Surtees as I stated in my original post asking for help there. I will take your advice and see if that helps. Thanks again for your time. :cheers:
I took advantage of your tune so this is the least I can do for you ;). I really hope you find a better way thru that two corners and end up being in the top20.

I took advantage of your tune so this is the least I can do for you ;). I really hope you find a better way thru that two corners and end up being in the top20.

Thank you. I've been working my ass off at this TT so yea, a good finish would certainly make it all worth while. I'm up over 3,000 miles on this one.....the Warrior is back. :) Never surrender, fighting till the bloody end.

Thank you. I've been working my ass off at this TT so yea, a good finish would certainly make it all worth while. I'm up over 3,000 miles on this one.....the Warrior is back. :) Never surrender, fighting till the bloody end.

đź‘Ť Great job, I on the other hand done only handful of laps and that really shows in my current result. My head has been and still is full of mucus so I called my boss I'm gonna play GT for couple of days :lol: let's see if I can squeeze out any good laps in these 3 days.

657 BHP, 1218kg.

110/80
5.45/9.03
5/5
5/5
7/7
0/0
0/0

Racing Brakes 6/3

Trans:
max speed 149mph (min)

LSD 7/11/5.

Power 97.9%

Comp
Racing Exh
Iso
Cat
intake

Hope it helps!

Thanks for posting. I have had such nice success on your tunes in couple of events already so I know this can't be nothing but good. I mean I have neglected this TT almost altogether but I know I'm gonna feel sorry if I leave it here. I mean at least I'm gonna feel really sorry when there's next compo like this, if I don't learn nothing here.

:gtpflag:

Not one of you faster guys can offer me any help/advice uh? I see how it is......I'll remember that. :sly:

Surtees, for those struggling with it...

Brake between the 2 boards on the right hand side, loooong coast and get tight to the inside. Don't push hard on the way in... just feel the front end in to the corner. Don't be too eager to pick up the throttle - best to wait a fraction longer, get the lock off quickly, then you can go really hard on the gas. Key is to avoid any understeer on the way in. I can be ahead of @Sutuki and @eclipsee coming out of there on a good lap... then they kill me in the next 3 right handers :lol:

Sorry, I didn't see your ninja edit. :sly: Thank you though, will give this a try tomorrow. I think my problem may be that I am going in to hot and also not taking the correct line going in. I can be up on my ghost my as much as .200 going in, only to lose it all and then some. Really frustrating to say the least to watch my ghost just ride off into the sunset as I struggle to keep up. :grumpy: I can maybe nail that corner 2 out of 10 times. I have ran my lap in the Data Logger against everyone in the top 10 and that's where I am losing most of my time. Like I said before, if I could nail the corner and string the others together, I would have a top 10 pretty easy. Its really frustrating how one damn corner can keep me from having such a good finish. There were even a handful of times I was ahead of your ghost going into that corner but I just couldn't hold it together. I am just so damn close, yet so far away. Anyways, thanks again for the advice.

Last edited:
Unless you've improved since I looked at the ranking yesterday you're on a 27.6/7?

IIRC, you need a to be in the 26's to get in the top 10. So realistically, if you've already done 3k miles and you're still 0.7 of a top 10, you'll need to find more than a solution to Surtees to get there.

I'm not trying to demotivate you, but I was convinced I'd get 26.6 or 26.7 yesterday... I had splits that would give me a low 26.5, and I was frequently running laps where I was in position to hit this time coming up to Hawthorne. But nailing all 3 of the righthanders, and the 1st left in T4 consistently is much, much harder than nailing Surtees... Surtees is a relatively straight forward corner in comparison.

Finding 0.7 in this TT is a BIG ask!

Having said that... good luck improving đź‘Ť

Unless you've improved since I looked at the ranking yesterday you're on a 27.6/7?

IIRC, you need a to be in the 26's to get in the top 10. So realistically, if you've already done 3k miles and you're still 0.7 of a top 10, you'll need to find more than a solution to Surtees to get there.

I'm not trying to demotivate you, but I was convinced I'd get 26.6 or 26.7 yesterday... I had splits that would give me a low 26.5, and I was frequently running laps where I was in position to hit this time coming up to Hawthorne. But nailing all 3 of the righthanders, and the 1st left in T4 consistently is much, much harder than nailing Surtees... Surtees is a relatively straight forward corner in comparison.

Finding 0.7 in this TT is a BIG ask!

Having said that... good luck improving đź‘Ť

Yes of course, what was I thinking.....thinking I was even half as good as you is a mistake. Seems as any future improvement will just be luck and not a true measure of my skill level, I'll give up on my pipe dream and move on. Thanks for the motivational speech. I'm out of here, I'll leave the forums to you and the rest of the all knowing aliens.

657 BHP, 1218kg.

110/80
5.45/9.03
5/5
5/5
7/7
0/0
0/0

Racing Brakes 6/3

Trans:
max speed 149mph (min)

LSD 7/11/5.

Power 97.9%

Comp
Racing Exh
Iso
Cat
intake

Hope it helps!

Thanks SW10, wrote you a pm last night about your tune. Just saw you read my mind and posted here. Tonight I'll try it out.

Fiiinaly had a chance to give this another go.

1:27.823 Using @GTP_CargoRatt tune (thanks) with camber at 0.0 and brakes at 10/2.

Left quite a lot out there. Just started using lift off rotation at Druids so that's a couple tenths quicker

Last edited:
:grumpy:🤬:banghead:

Trying to make any improvement in these TT's has now become a chore for me because I have to reset my console every 10-20 minutes into a run due to the game freezing from a manual restart, which also means I keep losing out on adding all of the mileage I have driven in that time to the car and my stats, yesterday I drove over 300 miles in the Lexus but when I gave up trying after more freezes/resets than I care to remember, not a single mile was saved.

Tonight.. two freezes is enough for me, with a loss of about 50 miles driven and no improvement this time, I really can't be bothered any more so I have switched off and about to hit the sack.

This started happening with update 1.12 at SOW in the VGT when it fixed the torque curve, and has seemed to get a little worse with update 1.13..... I am annoyed and I hope I don't have to continue suffering these freezes when the next lot of TT start on Thursday morning. :ill:

@nowcontrol Damn...That's not cool at all. Are you saying that these PS3 freezes only began once you installed v.1.12? And v1.13 didn't fix the issue? I can't imagine how frustrating that is. It takes so long to get from pressing the power button on the PS3 to having control of the arrowhead pointer at "My Home" in GT6. Going through that several times in an evening must be beyond frustrating.

Yes that is correct, and indeed it is very frustrating. It only freezes in the Time Trials between 10-20 minutes of a run when I select a manual restart, but I can do many manual restarts before hand, I really do not know what triggers it.

If I leave it sitting on the freeze, after about 5 mins I hear a split second of engine rev and then the start sound, I have no clue why and nothing else happens. controller inputs and PS button do FA, can only do a reset from the console power.

The rest of the game seems fine.

Last edited:
It always and only freezes when selecting restart between 10-20 mins, I can quit to the menu and return to track just fine.

Well that's definitely a bummer about the restarts but if you can quit and start again without it freezing that could be a workaround in the meantime. Hopefully it's fixed for you soon. :(

Yet to make it to even 27's (26's are out of my league)and the fact is that T1 is still giving me a lot of trouble, I have been fast there couple of times but it seems like I end up loosing .2 tenths there most of the time and don't know what's wrong. I think my braking point is good, but should I brake in two section with little coasting before second brake, or should I just make the initial brake harder for longer??? Shoul I approach it from left, middle or even coming from right going towards left while brakin. Should I have done all the braking before I start turning right?

Last edited:
Back