Lexus LFA Non-Racing Cars Super Lap - Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit

• Thread starter et_
  • 293 comments
I personally keep left, brake hard just before the marker board then turn just as I'm coming off the brake to give me a bit of Rotation to put me on the apex.

I personally keep left, brake hard just before the marker board then turn just as I'm coming off the brake to give me a bit of Rotation to put me on the apex.
yeah, I've been going trough the options but I can't make up my mind about that corner, I try it your way today, it's easier to try to do it at least some way than go on trying out different stuff, too weird of a bend...

And yeah, these corners, I mean there's a lot of sort of 90 decree turns witch are taken in line I think as wide as 100-150 meters (or even more??), I mean I could be totally wrong but that how it really seems... And they are not corners, they are really obvious bends :D I think it has been one of the goals when making this track, world longest 90 decree turn :lol: :lol: Damn there would be a lot of material to make some absolutely amazing drifting clip, I mean power slides this car can manage are really awesome :lol:

EDIT: Oh yeah, this car ain't so bad, had a lot of fun actually when I did couple of laps on sierra, I think there's a ton of more grip there that could be one reason, but the car felt really natural trough there... (SW_10 tune)

Last edited:
For me to get this car to do what I want, I have to drive it like I do the GSX...:yuck:.

Lots of brake/acc overlay. If I come off the brakes and don't have some acc applied I seem to lose the rear end.
I think every corner I'm balancing the brake and acc to rotate me around.

T1: I start out wide, brake and drop to 5th. All the time I'm on both brake & acc. cross over through the 'T' of the white lines on the track, drop to 4th. This should put me on, or about, the right line for the exit :nervous:...:lol:.
4 in 10 are probably done right! :embarrassed:

I'm finding this combo one of the most frustrating I've done.
Putting best sectors together (which is not going to happen :lol:) would put me around .500 quicker than my current PB..
....That's probably the same for everyone though...right?! :)

Keep pushing!

:cheers:

Morning... from sunny Barcelona :)

If you want to see 2 very different ways of approaching this TT download @Rajman and @eclipsee replays a load them in to the data logger.

Both have very similar lap times and both are using a lot of throttle overlap, but whilst Rajman is using hard brake on/off, Ramon is using a gradual brake bleed (trail braking) in to the corners... so both are clearly effective.

For another approach, you could view mine (assuming I'm still in the top 10!)...

I am not overlapping (much)... my skills just aren't good enough. I find coordinating the brake and throttle release at the right time necessary to get the entry rotation difficult... more often than not I just find it gives me entry understeer as I don't get off the gas early enough or I spin as I get off the brakes too hard with not enough gas.r

So I'm using very gentle trail braking, but with a high front bias (7 1) to help reduce the brake off oversteer.

If you're good enough to overlap, it will give you more entry rotation and thus better lap times 👍

For me to get this car to do what I want, I have to drive it like I do the GSX...:yuck:.

Lots of brake/acc overlay. If I come off the brakes and don't have some acc applied I seem to lose the rear end.
I think every corner I'm balancing the brake and acc to rotate me around.

T1: I start out wide, brake and drop to 5th. All the time I'm on both brake & acc. cross over through the 'T' of the white lines on the track, drop to 4th. This should put me on, or about, the right line for the exit :nervous:...:lol:.
4 in 10 are probably done right! :embarrassed:

I'm finding this combo one of the most frustrating I've done.
Putting best sectors together (which is not going to happen :lol:) would put me around .500 quicker than my current PB..
....That's probably the same for everyone though...right?! :)

Keep pushing!

:cheers:
Thanks mate, it really appears that I was just braking bit too early, but yeah, it's really nothing too easy to nail no matter what. Was able to get below .28 by few tenths with your tune and I think I managed to do that without overlapping anywhere. I try to give it another go to night even or at least tomorrow and see if I can help it out by overlapping.

Thanks again for all the tuners!!!!

:gtpflag:

(EDIT: Now that I think there must be some overlapping at least on those two really hard right handers, everything happens so fast can't really tell)

Last edited:
So many tunes in this thread, could someone recommend one to me?

I like MR cars a lot and had thought for the longest time the LFA was one of them- found out it was front-engined and I was shocked, but driving it I was even more shocked to realize it feels like a MR anyway.

My MR approach involves keeping the car straight as much as I can:
* I try to keep straight under braking
* start adding a little bit of gas almost immediately and don't lift for the rest of the corner
* aim the car for corner exit, adding gas if I start to spin
* hit the gas in full once I see a (relatively) straight line open up in front of me

I favor smooth movements for the most part in MR. Do any of the tunes seem suitable for this driving style?

I think my biggest struggle in tuning MR's is that I add too much front spring rate and have no idea what to do with dampers- because of that, the cars plow mid-corner.

Knobend... and a slow knobend at that... if the best he can do in that car is a mid 24 he clearly a **** driver.

Just watched the replay... he's on RH tyres and using traction control in a car with massive downforce :lol: The lap is pure garbage.

Edit...

Managed to sneak a quick session in after chores and popping out to fetch essentials - red wine and a euromillions ticket ;)

Now in the 26's :D

1'26.991

Shortly after had a lap 0.221 up on that at the last split, but got nervous and immediately binned it in the left hander :lol::mad::banghead::lol:

I'm finding time in almost every corner, and a perfect lap for me would now be around a low 26.6... but so tough to get all the corners on the backside right.[/QUOTE

First time I have replied to anything in these pages but felt the need to.
Like everybody else I chose a Lexus LFA for this challenge but somehow was given the Calsonic of which I do not even own. Not knowing proceeded to complete the lap in bumper view (I did think it went rather well) then was highly embarrased when I was number 1 and realised what somehow happened. My time has now been removed and I appologise for any upset. I would never do anything knowingly to upset the good name of GTPlanet

First time I have replied to anything in these pages but felt the need to.
Like everybody else I chose a Lexus LFA for this challenge but somehow was given the Calsonic of which I do not even own. Not knowing proceeded to complete the lap in bumper view (I did think it went rather well) then was highly embarrased when I was number 1 and realised what somehow happened. My time has now been removed and I appologise for any upset. I would never do anything knowingly to upset the good name of GTPlanet

:lol::lol::lol:

One of the best glitches I've seen/heard about so far in GT6... though I was running some testing a few months back in a CSL at Suzi, and when I started a new session my car was running in reverse for some reason (forward gear made it go backwards and reverse made it go forward!) :lol:

Thanks for clarifying - I noticed the lap had been removed Sunday 👍

The tone of my post was obviously due to suspected hybriding (as seen in the Monza TT)!

Interesting glitch with the Calsonic :lol::lol::lol:

Like this TT a lot. For me a challange to get a decent lap without messing it up in Sheene Curve. Presently at 1:29.598 with DS3 using @GTP_CargoRatt tune with adjustments by @Stotty. Thanks for sharing once again.:cheers:

@Sidebrowns and @t_wilson01 will you guys give it another try?

Now et_ is sadly gone, who will start the new seasonal treads next Thursday?

Hope PD has something a bit out of the ordinary for once. How about K-Cars on Monaco?? :odd:

Last edited:
Well since I have already taken on the A-Spec threads, I will also prepare the TT/DT threads too.
Phew.... Thank god! I was so worried that these threads would either fade away or become hit or miss. I feel much better knowing you'll be hosting them weekly. I'm sure there are many more who appreciate your efforts, @nowcontrol , as do I... 👍 :cheers:

Just now improved to a 1:28.835 but with really rubbish 1st & 2nd sectors .350 behind my previous best ghost along the Cooper Straight. :ouch:
It took me all the way to Dingle Dell to catch and pass my ghost then it was just a small gain in the last sector to beat my PB by .193 :indiff:

If only I could slice the best of those two laps together. :mischievous:

Nowcontrol i use your ghost as a benchmark and as i get closer you now get further away...awwwww damn i feel being a turtle watching your ghost fly by me lol

Just got a 1:29.715 current 655th in the world by paying attention to the braking and turning points that worked and using them every lap. Really elemental stuff but it's keeping me on the track.

Lower frustration levels and the more predictable experience of using same points is allowing me to start improving. Was doing rare 1:30s with lots of invalid laps and restarts before going back to basics.

DS3, trigger brake/throttle, left stick steering
TCS: 4
Active Steering: Strong
@GTP_CargoRatt tune but will try some others next.

Last edited:
Hi guys! Here is my tune for the Lexus LFA '10. Thanks to Stotty for some suspension, brakes and LSD tips, also thanks to Cargo Ratt for the dampers and anti roll bars settings. With the ds3 I'm currently on 1:27:056 but I see another 2-3 tenths with a perfect lap.

Lexus LFA '10

580 pp
657 bhp
1218 kg

suspension:
110 80
5.45 9.03
4 8
4 8
1 3
0.0 0.0
0.00 0.00

brakes:
6 2

transmission:
final to 5000 (max) then max speed to 240kmh (min)
1 3312
2 2373
3 1924
4 1615
5 1376
6 1157
final 4048

LSD:
7 12 5

power:
97.9%

all parts except engine tuning, no oil change
+all weight reductions
+rigidity improvement
Wow, this is ace! Using this got me down to 1:29.155 currently 348th in the world, after an hour with it.

...another 1.5 hours and I finally put most of my best corners together for 1:28.693 currently 187th. Happy with this, it's the best I can do here and a big improvement over attempts on the first day of the event.

Just like @ODB says it feels so much more planted. Maybe not the outright speed but for people like me, who can't unlock the pace of the alien setups, this is the way to go.

The car is still extremely sensitive to minor inputs, especially under braking. Trading away a bit of the excessive horsepower does seem to help.

I tweaked it a bit, more for taste than pace most likely.

Transmission
Final: 2.984
Top speed: 240km/h (furthest left, don't touch this again)
1: 5.725 (almost fully left)
2: 4.100 (fully left)
3: 3.350 (could go further left)
4: 2.825 (stay in high revs from here onwards)
5: 2.375
6: 2.000 (fully right)
Final: 2.000 (you can change this to suit your top speed)

Power
Power Limiter: 85.2%
Engine Tuning
Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Intake Tuning
Oil Change

This gives me 643bhp in a long, straight line. Goes right up to max revs. Also provides 60.1kg/m torque which is a bit higher than some other setups here. Seems to offset my lack of finesse. :dopey:

Driving
With this setup I don't quite use 6th on the main straight. Do use 6th on the steep downhill after Surtees.

I don't use 1st but it seems fastest to enter Druids hairpin a bit early, lift off and lightly drift as you follow the white line by the kerb. Short-shift to 2nd just after halfway round, where the radius varies. Keep tight and clip the very last pointy bit of the inside kerb. Keep a car width or more away from the exit kerb to achieve a straighter approach to the downhill left (Graham Hill Bend). Dab the brake very early and turn in very early, coasting over as much grass to the inside as possible. Jump on the throttle once all wheels are back on the black stuff.

At this point I was within a car length of @SW__10 a few of times. It was sheer fluke for me to get this approach right up to this point but maybe something better drivers can try.

World Ranking view is pathologically slow since a couple of updates ago. Good thing I'm nowhere near the top times! :lol:

Last edited:
Well since I have already taken on the A-Spec threads, I will also prepare the TT/DT threads too.

If you need some help with the task, just send me a PM. ;)

After lunch, I gave a quick try but it seems that my previously set time was the best I could reach. Congrats to the "under 1:27" club. All of you are amazing drivers.:bowdown:

Wuhuu, finally managed to do really good first 3 sectors with really good line trough surtees and against all odds I didn't F it up on those hair raising right hand corners at the end:scared:

@SW__10 tune is once again the thing for me :bowdown: did a lap just a bit over 1:27.3 and to be honest that's way better I think I would do a couple of days a go. Oh yeah, I used front ride height at 105 witch gave me just enough more balance to be bit more more consistent.

And yeah, don't really know if overlapping is necessary, IF you are just fast enough to catch it :mad: :lol:

:gtpflag:

I was just watching my replay and I'm on opposite lock (only breafly but anyway) trough that hairpin and tail is already braking away on surtees but only just enough to keep to keep me on a good line :scared: I really hope we don't get another TT on this track very soon :banghead: (how about never? :lol:)

Last edited:
@ODB that is an absolutely epic improvement!! :bowdown:

Well I sort of knew I could get close to 1:27.5 on a really really good lap, but to make even faster lap than that was frankly quite a surprise :cheers: Really tricky combo this one, glad it's over :lol:

Last edited:
You both know you pretty much figured that tricky car out with your times!👍 I was lucky enough to get 1:27.578 with the DS3 and come to think of it, when i eventually learned to drive it on this track, i surprisingly made very few redlapping mistakes and it was good fun!

1.26.746 in the end. There was a space for maybe two more tenths but anyway I'm pretty happy with the lap. :)

I hope there will be some more Brands Hatch time trials in the near future, I really enjoy driving on this track.

btw. What's up with the guy in 1st place? He's at least 5kmh slower at the end of the 2 longest straights but fastest in the end. Tried all the possibilities with different weight, power and torque but they all give very similar results with the top speed in the end. Am I missing something or he's just using slightly more downforce (cheating)?

Last edited:
1.26.746 in the end. There was a space for maybe two more tenths but anyway I'm pretty happy with the lap. :)

I hope there will be some more Brands Hatch time trials in the near future, I really enjoy driving on this track.

btw. What's up with the guy in 1st place? He's at least 5kmh slower at the end of the 2 longest straights but fastest in the end. Tried all the possibilities with different weight, power and torque but they all give very similar results with the top speed in the end. Am I missing something or he's just using slightly more downforce (cheating)?

I was wondering about the top guy too. Sure is carrying some speed through the corners. Something didn't look right.

BrunoBLAK is a good driver, and I'd like to see proof before accusing him of cheating, but I studied the lap closely, and I got to agree, something is not quite right there...

edit. the more I look at it, the more I suspect there is something wrong.

Last edited:
Back