Like the Wind - B-Spec

  • Thread starter Thread starter PATWRECK
  • 24 comments
  • 10,295 views
Status
Not open for further replies.

PATWRECK

(Banned)
Messages
232
ok i guess since the new update you can only use racing hard tires...

i cannot beat this.. not with a zr1, not with the mazada furai, not with anything... how the hell did you guys beat this?
 
ok i guess since the new update you can only use racing hard tires...

i cannot beat this.. not with a zr1, not with the mazada furai, not with anything... how the hell did you guys beat this?

Win the same race in A-spec and you get the Toyota Minolta 88c-v race car, that takes care of it nicely, that or the FGT.
 
If that is the case I'll be pissed, I have played night and day to get my B-Spec up to grind credits in that bugger...

And I am one race away from 21!

Shat I say!
 
The trouble with it in B-spec is you driver needs to be fairly good, they have a frankly wrist slitting tendancy to brake, on an oval........
 
B-Spec has limited the tires to Race - Hard since before the patch. As TMN Racing mentioned, use the Toyota 88C-V (might need to upgrade turbo for B-Spec) you win from the A-Spec event of the same name, or the FGT if you have it.
 
Toyota , Max Airforce , Brakes 1 front 0 Rear (stops Bob Braking all the time)

Theres a great Minolta Set Up in the Tuning Forum , Bob's like the Set Up aswell

Once all thats Done Best Highest Level Bob in the Car and , Nag him to death .
 
problem with that is I do not have the toyota, or any of the other cars that can compete with the grid in that race... Looks like I will b B-Spec grinding for an eternity.

Sucks, I fought so hard to get to this point. now its not a possibility.

(Screams!)
 
So does anyone have a car that will do this race that they would be willing to part with?

PM me if so.

Had to try :)
 
So does anyone have a car that will do this race that they would be willing to part with?

PM me if so.

Had to try :)

1. Upgrade a Miata and use it to B-Spec the Miata race.
2. Win the Furai Concept.
3. Use an upgraded Furai in the A-Spec Like the Wind races.
4. Win the Toyota 88C-V.
5. Use an upgraded 88C-V to win B-Spec Like the Wind races.
6. Come back here and post how easy it was.
 
Not so easy I have been struggling for 2 days... the A.I. just tease me by letting me pass them (all but the last 3) then they all pass me back after my tires are to worn....I guess I got to grind away:sick:

Some of the guides need some updating for the patch cause i just bought the zr1 and won the car from the nr challenge and the zonda ( a lot of work wasted). I am not saying the data wasn't great. It just needs to be updated so less noobies like me don't grind in the wrong direction.

Thanks for all the data though.
 
I did it in the ford gt race car spec II that you get from dream car championship.
 
You can borrow my X1 if you want.
 
Did you RM the zr1?

Like others said use that zr1 (search for an indy tune for it) and win the Like the Wind a spec prize car which is a Toyota Minolta. Upgrade as much as you can (comes out with 1000+ hp) and let your bob use that. It is very much an easy one to win.
 
I don't doubt that is was easy to win using soft racing but the hard don't have enough grip. There has been an update that locks this race to hard racing tires. I have tried many tunes and even a few of my own creative tunes and the best I could get was third place for a few laps... then the tires burn up and I finish in 11th tops.

I did rm it and I have every upgrade I could get. I also used google/bing/yahoo extensively and searched this forum. Since the update the ZR1 and zonda dont really have it in them to complete this race.

Ferrari_1996 sure...thanks, my psn is zombieteabagR (and yes I love killing zombies :P)

*edited cause I hate lower case "i" 's*
 
Last edited:
Ha Ha... Oh well.... I guess I got to grind up enough for the FG ...I will prolly be able to use redbull for it by then :lol:

I hope they stop putting all of these restrictions on trading, also not a fan of limiting tires used either.
 
You cowards.......... using the X1 in this easy race.

Just get the Minolta, upgrade him to 1000hp, and BE HAPPY. No grinding, anymore. =)
 
What level is your B-Spec Bob at?
If it's a Level 21 set of races, maybe you need to get your B-Spec Bob up to level 25 (or more) before they can take the race.
(Heck, it might be a little faster to quickly level his 🤬 up a level or two, then unleash him on these races with something you already have.)

Beyond that, you're simply going to have to save up for a dominant enough of a car to win it. It was a rather long time ago, but I think what it finally took for me to get past it was saving up and buying the FGT (which was convenient, because I was able to give my B-Spec Bob the Toyota 7 prize car and finally win the Historic Racing set of races. (Let me tell you, I spent plenty of credits on cars that to specifically win this race but couldn't, line the Escudo and the Vertigo. Unless you're collecting all the different cars, might as well save the credits for what you'll get the most use out of...)

Good Luck!

Peace...

(Wait - if you have you PS3 online, couldn't one of your in-game friends share a car that you would make winning those races a breeze? Never shared or borrowed an online car, so I have no idea...)

Sadly, the Minolta race care just popped into my UCD. Not like I could trade it anyway...
 
Last edited:
In order to get the minolta I need to beat the race that I am on trying to get the minolta as a prize,ha ha.

My bob is at 25 and I see a lot of times that is he had any guts he could win the race but he never goes for it. I think my bobs real name is Toby Flenderson.

I'll just let him get stomped in dream car for a while... even if I don't win it pays well and I can walk away so I am not irritated at how much my AI buddy sucks. :lol:

Oh and with the current trade rules I don't think there is much of anything to trade to that could handle this.
 
Last edited:
Get a "Formula Gran Turismo" 5mil. from he UCD, when it shows up. It's the only car that "Stupid Bob" can drive at any level..or a Red Bull X1 and he can get you one of those when you get him to level 35... Thanks Bob.
 
Not so easy I have been struggling for 2 days... the A.I. just tease me by letting me pass them (all but the last 3) then they all pass me back after my tires are to worn....I guess I got to grind away:sick:

Some of the guides need some updating for the patch cause i just bought the zr1 and won the car from the nr challenge and the zonda ( a lot of work wasted). I am not saying the data wasn't great. It just needs to be updated so less noobies like me don't grind in the wrong direction.

Thanks for all the data though.

You are right. I did some grinding in the wrong direction as well. Frustrating journey.
First, I tried Furai max tune in like the wind in A spec. Dead last.
Then RM ZR1 maxed upgrade, engine break in and tried different tunes. Didn't even make it better than 3rd even though i did not touch the brake and drafted like mad. Then Zonda R maxed tune to 956hp, try to overtake on corners thru grass like Youtube shows. Failed to get beyond 2nd after many many many tries..... duh....:crazy:
My bob in B spec at class 37 failed miserably with best at 8th and 7th respectively with all 3 cars. I even won GT all stars with Zonda R but like the wind just kills me. Won Nascar so ain't that bad at drafting but 'like the wind' cars just flies away from me. Checked UCD for FGT many times and still none show up. Alas grind to B spec level 35 and voila... X1....
Won by 2 laps. :dopey:
Minolta won later takes care of both A Spec and B spec.
Surprisingly, historic race cup is less frustrating than 'like the wind. Just to let u know u ain't alone.
Good luck!
 
I won it yesterday with a LV28 bob and the SAUBER C9 from the OCD and no mods (great car but does it really sound like that in real life?)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back