lilmann73's Photo Mode Gallery -Important Announcement-

• Thread starter lilmann73
  • 108 comments
Ask a professional like MinoltaMan

:embarrassed: Heh, thanks, even though I would argue with that :D

The Silvia shot is good. I think it would be better if the lens flare/whatever on the wheels was less strong and the border was plain, as in black and white or not colored.

Nice HKS Silvia you got there. Is that the Autumn Ring?

Indeed it is.

MinoltaMan89
The Silvia shot is good. I think it would be better if the lens flare/whatever on the wheels was less strong and the border was plain, as in black and white or not colored.

Okay, thanks. I just pretty much expiremented with the border, just try to make it pretty. But yeah, a plain black border would be better now that I see it.

Edited Photo

This time, I tried to give it a (in case anyone didn't know this, which I'm hoping they do) sunset theme. I got advice on not zooming in so much on the car, and this is the result.
Here it is:

Click to view larger

Tell me what you think!

Nice. The reds are a little strong though, I reckon dialing back the red, raising the yellows a bit, and doing a little de-sat would improve it.

Oh what a great picture this is! It's like a painting :) The sunset is nice and good sense of composition :)

Oh please please could you take some photos of a BMW M3

please Your very good

and your audi on what I believe is sarthe looks very good its my wallpaper

I might be asking too much but could you put some pics of like what you had before and some with scenery in them.

Oh please please could you take some photos of a BMW M3

please Your very good

and your audi on what I believe is sarthe looks very good its my wallpaper

I might be asking too much but could you put some pics of like what you had before and some with scenery in them.

I am honored to be your desktop background. (Hope that doesn't sound too creepy. :scared:)

Sure, I can go back similar to what I was doing before, and fit an M3 in there somewhere. :sly:

My next update won't be until the weekend, due to school work mixed with regular work. I will definately update over the weekend.

I like the warm, long-lens Sarthe shot. MinoltaMan's right, though--too much saturation on the reds, especially the mid-tones surrounding the car. You can de-sat just the reds using curves in Photoshop, not sure about Gimp since I don't use it.

The only other thing I'd change is the black vignette border. It feels like you felt you had to do something in addition to the color adjustments, but it doesn't add anything to the photo and actually kind of ruins the effect by making the scene feel boxed in.

I like the warm, long-lens Sarthe shot. MinoltaMan's right, though--too much saturation on the reds, especially the mid-tones surrounding the car. You can de-sat just the reds using curves in Photoshop, not sure about Gimp since I don't use it.

The only other thing I'd change is the black vignette border. It feels like you felt you had to do something in addition to the color adjustments, but it doesn't add anything to the photo and actually kind of ruins the effect by making the scene feel boxed in.

Okay, so subtract the border, then. Got it!

lordferius
the HKS silvia is very cool
i like the glow on the rims:sly:

Thanks!

Edited Photos

Okay, it's time for an update. Tell me what you guys think.

Audi RS 6

RacecarBMW, you wanted an M3, you got it! :sly:

And, for a special treat:

Enjoy! :)

Gee, no comments. Did I not do good?

Dont be down man. The forums have been pretty slow lately.

I like the second BMW shot. Its a little more traditional but its a nice birds eye shot and you get some pretty decent detail left in the car.

Are you using photoshop or any similar editing software? You might want to try messing around with your levels and burning and dodging your shadows and highlights. These few pictures would definitely stand out a lot more even if you're going for the dark, night shot look.

I like the rim selection for the rs6. The second shot looks a little too gray and dark. Were you trying a foggy kind of effect? I tried doing my own quick version of it but i didnt want to put it here because i didnt want to be rude. Some lightening and brightening of the lights and a little coloration would make it pop a lot more.

And the last picture i like. I like the concept. I have one very similar to it that i want to post. 👍 The only thing i would change would be to either darken the track in the distance or blacken it out all together (everything above the car). The gray tones on the track and around the rumble strips are a little patchy but other than that it looks great.

Hows that for a comment! lol

Thanks for the comment, Lord Nicon! You can post the RS6 shot if you want, I don't mind.
I am editing with gimp, and can't do as much to the picture that I would like because I don't have the time.

Like the pics lilmann, especially the M3. 👍 After exams, how about doing some R33 Skyline shots?

Thanks for the comment, Lord Nicon! You can post the RS6 shot if you want, I don't mind.
I am editing with gimp, and can't do as much to the picture that I would like because I don't have the time.

For some strange reason photobucket and imageshack all wont let me upload images. It might be some update that i got. Ill have to try it on another computer at some point because i have work i need to upload too.

For some strange reason photobucket and imageshack all wont let me upload images. It might be some update that i got. Ill have to try it on another computer at some point because i have work i need to upload too.

That is definitely strange... Hope you find a solution!

Back