lilmann73's Photo Mode Gallery -Important Announcement-

• Thread starter lilmann73
  • 108 comments
lilman these new shots are a vast improvement! Keep it up. I was finally able to upload those quick edits i did of your audi but now that you have these nice new shots i dont want to muddle up your page lol.

btw - the fist xara picture with the muted saturation looks great and i like how the vibrance of the r33 plays off the drab grays of the background in the second r33 shot. gj

lilman these new shots are a vast improvement! Keep it up. I was finally able to upload those quick edits i did of your audi but now that you have these nice new shots i dont want to muddle up your page lol.

Nah, it's alright. You can post 'em.

Nice. I didn't want to play around too much with curves, because GIMP distorted the shadows. But you pulled it off. Well done! 👍
I also like the green tint. Brings it all together.

I must know how you gave the second pic that soft feel to it. Did you use diffuse glow or gaussian blur; something along those lines?

Last edited:
Nice. I didn't want to play around too much with curves, because GIMP distorted the shadows. But you pulled it off. Well done! 👍
I also like the green tint. Brings it all together.

I must know how you gave the second pic that soft feel to it. Did you use diffuse glow or gaussian blur; something along those lines?
Thanks man. Just thought id give a kind nudge and a few tips.

The second image (on top of blurring the background) uses a light gaussian blur. I dont know how it would work in GIMP but i copied the main layer, blurred the copied layer and then turned the opacity down so that it wasnt so intense.

Also, if you ever get your hands on photoshop, you can bring out certain details by using a black brush on a layer mask that you put on the top layer. There's a tutorial on here that goes through layer masks i believe.

I know nothing about Photoshop, GIMP, or anything like that. But I can tell a lot of work has gone into your pictures, and to good effect.

Trying out some new stuff in this one:

First time using the zoom blur effect, and I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. Tell me what you think, and how I can improve.

(I know the wheels on the Audi look kind of stationary, but radial blur doesn't seem to work in GIMP very well.)

Awesome picture you took. That's good but I felt it was a little dark.. If you have brightened the picture a little more it would be better.

Awesome picture you took. That's good but I felt it was a little dark.. If you have brightened the picture a little more it would be better.

Thanks. I tried brightening it up, but it just didn't look right to me. So, I kept it how it is.

Also, how many people, before I mentioned it, notice there are more than six cars on the track? Did I make it look decently natural?

Also, how many people, before I mentioned it, notice there are more than six cars on the track? Did I make it look decently natural?

I was aware that there were more than 6 cars running on the track before you asked the question, and I think 3 cars in the front, except the NSX are easy to find(NSX may be a bit hard as it's behind the TT), others in the back look fairly natural to find too. :)

I was aware that there were more than 6 cars running on the track before you asked the question, and I think 3 cars in the front, except the NSX are easy to find(NSX may be a bit hard as it's behind the TT), others in the back look fairly natural to find too. :)

Yeah i didnt have any issues with it either.

Looks good.

The audi does seem a little more blurred than im guessing the original image looked like but other than that its fine.

It looks like they are making the jump into hyperspace! heh

Thanks, guys!

Announcement:
I will be making GT5 music videos with requested songs. As a result, I wil very seldom update this thread, but wil l try to do so as often as I can.
Sorry!

The music video thread can be found Here.

Last edited:
Back