Little Duckpond Under The Mountain.

• Thread starter Thorin Cain
  • 763 comments
The brake balance for the Zonda C12S 7.3 from 02 is missing? Got some grinding done btw, I now own 90% off all the cars in this tuning garage, only the seasonal cars and the cars that are triple in numbers in here are missing, now it's time for a lot of fun test drives I will keep you guys posted on what I did with your tunes!

I thought I'd fixed that :dunce: Someone pointed it out the other day. it's 8/7, sorry
better go do it now.

90%!? I'm going to need to do some grinding too to get more stock. down to my last 500k:(

Bring on the RedBulls!

Quick little update folks.

I've not really had a lot of tuning time this past week or so, due to a few nice surprises and from spending quite a bit of time testing with the data logger to see how a few things are working to help improve my tuning and hopefully clear up a few issues. I have been testing out the nasty "Broken" camber settings to see exactly what is happening and if it is as bad as a large number of people say it is.

I have however, had a bit of good time today, so I should be posting up a couple of your requests tomorrow. I have had a couple for the Focus RS so I will have that first. I accidentally raced this tonight at 519pp in a 550 race at SSR5 which I won by about 3 seconds from a friend using friends fully tuned one, fastest lap in race 1:18.449. I will post this tune with the Route 5 gearbox but will include 500pp and 548pp transmission settings for Nurburgring in the discussion pages in the database and in my usual post here.I should also have the Elise 111R and Honda S2000 '06 finished up too.

The next ones to come will hopefully be th Audi Auto Union and a couple of Nissan GT500s.

I do however reserve the right to possibly throw in the odd seasonal tune if I decide to do some.

Quick little update folks.

I've not really had a lot of tuning time this past week or so, due to a few nice surprises and from spending quite a bit of time testing with the data logger to see how a few things are working to help improve my tuning and hopefully clear up a few issues. I have been testing out the nasty "Broken" camber settings to see exactly what is happening and if it is as bad as a large number of people say it is.

I have however, had a bit of good time today, so I should be posting up a couple of your requests tomorrow. I have had a couple for the Focus RS so I will have that first. I accidentally raced this tonight at 519pp in a 550 race at SSR5 which I won by about 3 seconds from a friend using friends fully tuned one, fastest lap in race 1:18.449. I will post this tune with the Route 5 gearbox but will include 500pp and 548pp transmission settings for Nurburgring in the discussion pages in the database and in my usual post here.I should also have the Elise 111R and Honda S2000 '06 finished up too.

The next ones to come will hopefully be th Audi Auto Union and a couple of Nissan GT500s.

I do however reserve the right to possibly throw in the odd seasonal tune if I decide to do some.

Keep up the good work :)

Ford Focus RS 548pp
Focus RS.jpg

Click top line desription for link to database.

Tuned by request for @SuperSic58 and @romynovanda

Specifications:
Performance Points: 548pp
Max. power: 434 BHP
Weight: 877 Kg
Weight Distribution: 52/48
Drivetrain: FF

Paint colour: Isotope Green(Lotus).
Wheels:ENKEI Baja, standard size. Paint Isotope green.

It's here! Hope you have a lot of fun in this one, I really do!

The car as it appears in the Database has the transmission set for Special Stage Route 5 at 548pp(Full Spec.) and will do a top speed of 180 Mph/ 290 Km/h. The transmission settings are a little different from normal, (Well, my normal!) It seems as though I may have picked this gearbox up from the wrong side of the garage:P

I would say this car is at it's best around 500-525pp without the turbo kit. For 525pp just use the full spec version and remove turbos( a small bit of power reduction may be needed)then just use the final gear to alter the top speed as required.

I will go now and do 2 more transmission for use at Nurburgring Nordschleife, one for 500pp and one for 548pp. And I'll post them here and the database discussion page. If I feel I need to make any other changes I will put them up too.

For 548pp Nurburgring transmission and Adjust Final Gear to 3.875

For 500pp Nurburgring transmission follow same sequence as database:

Set top Speed @: 186
Set Individual ratios to:
1: 2.322
2: 1.611
3: 1.184
4: 0.917
5: 0.744
6: 0.612
Set final gear to: 4.740

Have fun and enjoy your drive!

Last edited:
Awesome Thorin! Am gonna test it this weekend! :cheers: what upgrades do you not equip to reach 500pp with what power limiter level? Turbo would be off for sure but the rest?:confused:

So
Awesome Thorin! Am gonna test it this weekend! :cheers: what upgrades do you not equip to reach 500pp with what power limiter level? Turbo would be off for sure but the rest?:confused:
Sorry, forgot that bit. I think remove turbo, engine tuning and Catalytic converter was how I did it plus a small power reduction. I'm not 100% sure but I think that's right, I will check when I get back from work today and stick it in the posts.

FYI, 548pp Nurburgring transmission is good for 201mph.
Enjoy!

Ford Focus RS 548pp
View attachment 160396
Click top line desription for link to database.

Tuned by request for @SuperSic58 and @romynovanda

Specifications:
Performance Points: 548pp
Max. power: 434 BHP
Weight: 877 Kg
Weight Distribution: 52/48
Drivetrain: FF

Paint colour: Isotope Green(Lotus).
Wheels:ENKEI Baja, standard size. Paint Isotope green.

It's here! Hope you have a lot of fun in this one, I really do!

The car as it appears in the Database has the transmission set for Special Stage Route 5 at 548pp(Full Spec.) and will do a top speed of 180 Mph/ 290 Km/h. The transmission settings are a little different from normal, (Well, my normal!) It seems as though I may have picked this gearbox up from the wrong side of the garage:P

I would say this car is at it's best around 500-525pp without the turbo kit. For 525pp just use the full spec version and remove turbos( a small bit of power reduction may be needed)then just use the final gear to alter the top speed as required.

I will go now and do 2 more transmission for use at Nurburgring Nordschleife, one for 500pp and one for 548pp. And I'll post them here and the database discussion page. If I feel I need to make any other changes I will put them up too.

For 548pp Nurburgring transmission and Adjust Final Gear to 3.875

For 500pp Nurburgring transmission follow same sequence as database:

Set top Speed @: 186
1: 2.322
2: 1.611
3: 1.184
4: 0.917
5: 0.744
6: 0.612
Set final gear to: 4.740

Cant wait to try tonight:D
Thank you thorin 👍

Right now I have around 100 cars for this tuning garage, and that's just too much to pick from basicly :scared:. That's why am doing the most fair thing that I can do, am gonna match all the 450,500,550 and 600 pp roadcars this week on the Nordschleife, 30 min per car: 1 installation Lap, then making small adjustments, after that 3 laps to do a fast laptime. Am gonna use an excel sheet and I will post the results here next weekend I guess. When that is done I will do the same for racecars. And I will keep the top 5 in each class :)

Right now I have around 100 cars for this tuning garage, and that's just too much to pick from basicly :scared:. That's why am doing the most fair thing that I can do, am gonna match all the 450,500,550 and 600 pp roadcars this week on the Nordschleife, 30 min per car: 1 installation Lap, then making small adjustments, after that 3 laps to do a fast laptime. Am gonna use an excel sheet and I will post the results here next weekend I guess. When that is done I will do the same for racecars. And I will keep the top 5 in each class :)
You can never have too much of a good thing:lol:

Actually that's not a bad Idea! It will be quite interesting to see your results. As you know we don't really tune for the Nordschleife, so I think it will give those who want to take our cars round there(not to mention us) little glimpse of the cars' performance on the "Green Hell".

I would like to update our OP at some point soon, now that we have been around for a little while. So I may even stick a link to the results in there so they can be easily found.

Are you planning just one sheet with all the pp levels or a different sheet for each?

You can never have too much of a good thing:lol:

Actually that's not a bad Idea! It will be quite interesting to see your results. As you know we don't really tune for the Nordschleife, so I think it will give those who want to take our cars round there(not to mention us) little glimpse of the cars' performance on the "Green Hell".

I would like to update our OP at some point soon, now that we have been around for a little while. So I may even stick a link to the results in there so they can be easily found.

Are you planning just one sheet with all the pp levels or a different sheet for each?

Most likely I will put them into one sheet with some space between PP levels so it should be easy to read :) But am not sure yet, so I will see what should be the best and easy way to present a lot of info as good as possible!

Last edited:
I also have a handful of cars from other tuners on each pp level I will put them in also, but with a * behind it so it gives an indication what the car can do but is not from this tuning shop if that's ok for you?
That's a tricky one. I like the idea, but it really depends on a few things. Would you mind answering a couple of questions? Are all the other tunes made for Racing Soft tyres? Do you make many changes to the tunes, mine or others?

The reason I ask is, if the tunes are made for the RS tyre and you make no significant changes, I think I may have a better Idea for you to think about. I would think significant changes to be the suspension or LSD settings or a major power drop.

That's a tricky one. I like the idea, but it really depends on a few things. Would you mind answering a couple of questions? Are all the other tunes made for Racing Soft tyres? Do you make many changes to the tunes, mine or others?

The reason I ask is, if the tunes are made for the RS tyre and you make no significant changes, I think I may have a better Idea for you to think about. I would think significant changes to be the suspension or LSD settings or a major power drop.
Usually your cars are a bit to stiff on the springs for my driving style so I lower each side with around 0.75 kg. Also I make the final gear a bit longer cause of the long straight on the Nordschleife. thats normally all that I change. But I can see why you don't want other cars in your thread that you didnt tune. So I will keep the non Duckpond cars separate and will not mention them in the sheet for you, just for my own sheet that seems better!

You misunderstand, I don't mind having the list in here, it's a good thing to see the comparison, for me and for others.

But if you had left the tunes as they were and they had been made for RS tyres, I was going to suggest you started your own thread and did a comparison for all of the community to benefit from. I'm sure the other tuners would have been happy to allow you to do it if you gave the credit where it was due for the their tunes.

Feel free to go ahead, I for one will be quite interested to see them.

Mitsubishi FTO Super Touring Car.
View attachment 110603

Specifications:
Performance Points: 595pp
Max. power: 565BHP
Weight: 980kg
Weight Distribution: 50:50
Drivetrain: 4WD

Parts Fitted:
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Tyres: Racing Soft
Oil Change

The tune:

Suspension settings:

Ride Height:80/80
Spring Rate: 12.80/10.90
Dampers(Compression): 7/5
Dampers(Extension): 6/5
Anti-Roll Bars:6/6
Camber:0.0/0.0
Toe Angle: -0.05/0.15

Brake Balance: 6/4

Drivetrain:
Initial Torque: 6/14
Acceleration Sensitivity: 20/15
Braking Sensitivity: 5/5

Power:
Power Limiter: 100%
Body:
Aerodynamics:350/400
Ballast Amount: N/A
Ballast Position: N/A

Transmission:
Set Final Gear@: 5.000
Set top Speed @: 124MPH/200Km/H
1: 3.359
2: 2.599
3: 1.974
4: 1.582
5: 1.305
6: 1.123
Set final gear to 3.200
Top Speed: 184MPH/296Km/H
Change top speed to suit track with final gear only.

Tuned to the MAX, this is an awesome machine! The gearbox just keeps going, it seems as though it's ready to top out at the end of the GVS straight around 170MPH but when I tested it at Route X it was still climbing way past the 3.5Km mark.
Fast, fun and super responsive....what more could you want!?

Enloy your drive!

torque split?

Honda S2000 '06 520pp RS
S2000 '06.jpg

Click top line description for link to Database.

Tuned by request for: @jwesson1

Paint used: Bianco Isis
Wheels: Rays 57Ultimate
Wheel Paint: GSX-R Blue Metallic

Specifications:
Performance Points: 520 pp
Max. power: 423 BHP
Weight: 1050Kg
Weight Distribution: 50:50
Drivetrain:FR

Tuned to 520pp pretty much exclusively at Cote de Azur but has been tested on a few others. This is the first actual Honda S2000 I have tuned so far(Hard to believe, I know!) and I have kept it naturally aspirated for the time being. I hope you enjoy the car, it was doing really great times round the streets of Monte Carlo and quite liked the Matterhorn's mountain passes.

Lotus Elise 111R '04
View attachment 160965
Click on top line desription for link to database.

Paint used: Ardent Red
Wheels: OZ Ultraleggera
Wheel Paint: Nero Carbino

Tuned by request for : @SuperSic58

No great surprise I stayed away from that nasty big "Green Hell" to tune this baby but I did have a run or two. Works for me!

Another Bad Boy to try out in the Green Hell, I can't wait to put my gloves on this one, but first I need to do the other 500 pp cars for the comparison, saving the best for last: the RS and this one! Thanks for tuning both cars Thorin! :bowdown::cheers:

Another Bad Boy to try out in the Green Hell, I can't wait to put my gloves on this one, but first I need to do the other 500 pp cars for the comparison, saving the best for last: the RS and this one! Thanks for tuning both cars Thorin! :bowdown::cheers:
No problem at all, I love both of these cars a lot and have for some time. I was glad to get to know them better again. I hope you enjoy them!

Really!? Again!? That's it, no more 4WD for me:lol:

Torque split for that one 40:60

Sorry:bowdown::D

Hi thorin

Went to check my setting on this to adjust it and found I was actually using praianos tune!.

So I put your tune and his tune against each other on apricot hill (my usual testing ground) 3 laps for each tune.

Praiano 1:11.856

You 1:11.230

So once again you've built a car to my driving style

Massive thankyou!

Oh boy I did a totally insane lap at the ring in the 500 PP RS :bowdown: the only car that is painted in the green chrome color, cause it is the boss on the schleife:bowdown:. I really need to adjust my driving style to go fast in the Lotus I crash all the time mid corner:confused:

That S2000 tune is immense mate.Grip level is outstanding.Can't wait for more tunes from you.

J

Hi thorin

Went to check my setting on this to adjust it and found I was actually using praianos tune!.

So I put your tune and his tune against each other on apricot hill (my usual testing ground) 3 laps for each tune.

Praiano 1:11.856

You 1:11.230

So once again you've built a car to my driving style

Massive thankyou!

You are most welcome.:cheers:

I'm glad to here that, I must be doing something right if someone can get those results in one of my cars. To me that is as big a compliment as is ever likely to be given. I might have to use that message as an advertisment:lol:

But seriously. Thank you for that, I am truely glad you find my tunes suit you so well, I'll do my best to keep them coming.👍

Last edited:
Oh boy I did a totally insane lap at the ring in the 500 PP RS :bowdown: the only car that is painted in the green chrome color, cause it is the boss on the schleife:bowdown:. I really need to adjust my driving style to go fast in the Lotus I crash all the time mid corner:confused:
Glad you like the RS, it is an awesome machine. I'll have a little mess about with the lotus later and see what I can do to make it a bit more stable fit you.

That S2000 tune is immense mate.Grip level is outstanding.Can't wait for more tunes from you.

J
Thanks J! I'm glad you like it.:cheers:

I tuned it on a friends game and he did some test driving for me, I don't even have the finished car in my own garage yet:confused:

Back