little known secret cars?

  • Thread starter Thread starter BlackiceLSC
  • 98 comments
  • 15,151 views
Messages
24
Messages
BlackiceLSC
I am a HUGE Touring car fan. Can't say for sure why. perhaps it's the handling:speed ratio. They aren't the quickest out there, but they sure handle well, and are very precise cars when set up right. I can put my 190E 2.5 16V Evo Mercedes touring race car on any dime in any corner at Nurb Nord and do so with confidence and aggression. I just LIKE THEM!

I have begun collecting many of them.

But last night, while BORED and just browsing the game, I wandered in to my local used car dealership(UCD) and saw a car listed that normally wouldn't even catch my eye.

Alteeza Touring Car $32,420

really? "Touring car"?....we'll see. So I clicked on it. Low and behold, it carries the Gran Turismo livery, and is a fully decked out race car.
a "race car" for less than a set of racing softs?

no way

ah, screw it...I've got over 7 mil. CR, why not?

so I buy it, and go to tune it. It already carries most of the 'race car' parts.
But I am able to throw some light-weight windows in it.
weight is now 990 KG? really? it's a feather!

oil change, set of slicks, and off I go to MY test track...the green hell.

Holy mother of.....this thing is like an apex magnet! It weight nothing, and now has 376hp. yea, it's not as quick as most cars out there but MY GAWD is it fun to drive.

so...I was wondering...has anyone else stumbled upon some "secret cars" out there in the game? Cars "not of the ordinary/known" blend?
I'm talking about cars you NEVER see anyone trying to buy, chase, trade, beg for...

For me, a 990kg Touring car with 376 HP is a pretty special car. The power:weight ratio is pretty stout, for a "car"(modified production car/non-prototype)
More importantly...it is a blast to drive.
 
Well, I only buy used cars, I try to find those not so popular cars and make them fast, its kind of fun.
 
i love drifting my volvo wagon.

👍

that's what I am talking about!

I also need to discover the Audi world. I have seen/raced against a Audi wagon online...it sounds MEAN and is quick as snot.
I've seen one/heard one in person in real life...that sucker was truckin'...sounded like a AMG 65 AS IT FLEW by my Cop Car
 
I've gotten a Pajero Evolution Rally car, a Spoon DC2 Integra, a Mine's BNR34 GTr V-Spec N1 Base (standard version from GT4), Falken*GT-R, TVR Cerbera Speed 12, IS200 GT-1.

Pretty much nobody really wants these cars - they all want X2010's :p

I used to love the Spoon DC2 in GT4, but I love it even more now!
 
I've gotten a Pajero Evolution Rally car, a Spoon DC2 Integra, a Mine's BNR34 GTr V-Spec N1 Base (standard version from GT4), Falken*GT-R, TVR Cerbera Speed 12, IS200 GT-1.

Pretty much nobody really wants these cars - they all want X2010's :p

I used to love the Spoon DC2 in GT4, but I love it even more now!

Take the Pajero round the Eiger K trail. So so so good..
 
I snagged a Spoon S2000 because of GT4. It was fun, and handled well. Not quick, but fun to drive.

I saw a little tiny eentsy-weentsy 'Spoon Fit race car" in my UCD...I almost bought it because of its livery...I mean really? lol it was a sub-compact something with a paint scheme on it. I passed.
 
i still miss the touringcars that were in GT 2
like all the cars from the BTCC and DTM in the 90's
the nissan primera, renault laguna, peugot 406 etc :(

im still looking for the alfa 155 dtm racer

i drive a lot with the mitsu GTO twin turbo '98
very quick!
 
I got this the other day

Grand%20Valley%20East.jpg


Cusco Suburu Advan Impreza tuned it to 394bhp 1100kg, it'll race with cars upto the 500bhp pretty well as the handling is so good.
 
I got a Peugeot 106, in dark blue. I just drive it in the rain around the Nurburgring online, it takes me back to me being in the back of the car when I was little, in the rain, as we used to own one when I was 4.
 
I snagged a Spoon S2000 because of GT4. It was fun, and handled well. Not quick, but fun to drive.

I saw a little tiny eentsy-weentsy 'Spoon Fit race car" in my UCD...I almost bought it because of its livery...I mean really? lol it was a sub-compact something with a paint scheme on it. I passed.

Yeah haha I've got a Mugen S2000 - not cos it's fast, but just cos I want one :P that's what I hate about the New Car Dealership - there's not enough cars that I really, really want :(

And those Spoon FiT cars are cute haha :p
 
I think the Lexus IS200 GT1 is rarer than the Altezza Touring Car. I have both and they have similar performance, although the Altezza has sleightly more power.

Also, I only saw the Toyota Tom's X540 Chaser for the first time yesterday, so I bought it thinking it was a rare car.
 
I got this the other day

Grand%20Valley%20East.jpg


Cusco Suburu Advan Impreza tuned it to 394bhp 1100kg, it'll race with cars upto the 500bhp pretty well as the handling is so good.


when that rolled through my UCD, I was struggling to build CR to buy a FGT(pre 1.05)...now that I have most of the cars I need/want, and have some CR to play with, it wont show up.
I have a GT-livery WRX touring car...but that Cusco is sweet.

P.S. what track was that photo taken at?
 
There's lots more of these "fake" GT race cars... Impreza Super Touring Car, RX-7 LM Race Car, etc etc... Love all of these =D
 
I got that Altezza car the other day as well, couldn't believe how cheap it was. Not had a chance to play with it yet but I probably will tonight after what you've said.

I also like collecting those little touring cars, like you say they're not the fastest but they're great fun to drive usually.
 
Damn. I've seen that Alteeza (Altezza?) Touring car in the UCD but never bothered with it. I'm as much a fan of touring cars as the OP.
I'll keep an eye out for it 👍
 
For me the Clio Sport 172.

Mild tune to just less that 200hp, Some sport tyres and nothing else.

It is awesome! It murders other hot hatches of the same HP/class.

Go get it and try it around Eiger Norwand you will do lap after lap after lap so much fun!
 
huh, i've had the altezza tour since very early, i must have recieved it as a level ticket? great car. i love racing online when they are always changing the hp limits. this car races so well for its hp it usually ends up front. been looking for the camaro dtm, i just picked up that little honda s800 race car last night along with a beast old mitsubishi rally raid truck. can't wait to go race them. loved the honda s800 racecar in gt4.
242.jpg
 
Altezza ST, Integra ST, FTO ST, Impreza ST, RX-7 LM RC, 328i ST, Genkai Hyper Silvia, Falken GT-R, S2000 LM RC, among many others - all stuff I picked up in the last couple days in the UCD.

I think these mid-powered racing cars are the most fun to drive :)

Unfortunately these buying habits kept me from buying both Pajero Rally vehichles when they popped up :(
 
That Altezza is sweet, I've loved it since it was used for one of the weekly GTPSP time trials :)
 
I grabbed that thing the second I read the description about it trying to capture the balance of the eight six. Amazing car. I have the Alpha DTM, I'm not that impressed so far, but I've only used it a few times. I love Alpha.
 
when that rolled through my UCD, I was struggling to build CR to buy a FGT(pre 1.05)...now that I have most of the cars I need/want, and have some CR to play with, it wont show up.
I have a GT-livery WRX touring car...but that Cusco is sweet.

P.S. what track was that photo taken at?

Grand Valley East I think. I got it round the track 2 seconds slower than an 800bhp Enzo, although the Enzo will probably go a bit quicker as I still haven't got the hang of it or the right tune.

Well worth getting next time it pops up.
 
Here's a picture of the Altezza, in case anyone is wondering:

ShowroomAltezzaTC10Yellow.jpg
 
I found a Time attack race car, the Nissan Skyline "Carbon R". It's a suped up R-34 with a fully carbon fiber body, modified turbos, and.....converted to Rear drive!. This car is an absolute beast, super light, 500+ HP. Buy it if you see it.
 
I've never seen that Altezza before ^
 
I love Touring cars as well. I've put a lot of miles on my Alfa 155 DTM.

Yesterday I picked up a Mazda6 Touring Car, tuned up the suspension a bit and had a blast racing it online. I love finding cool weird race cars in there.

I found a Time attack race car, the Nissan Skyline "Carbon R". It's a suped up R-34 with a fully carbon fiber body, modified turbos, and.....converted to Rear drive!. This car is an absolute beast, super light, 500+ HP. Buy it if you see it.

You win that car when you beat Gran Turismo All Stars
 
I like the BMW 320i Touring Car, it sticks to the road like glue and is tons of fun to go round the ring with it!
 
Came across an Amuse S2000 R1 in the UCD (not the GT1 Turbo). Priced around 92,000 or so. I had never even heard of this car so I was pretty pleased with the find.
 
Back