little known secret cars?

  • Thread starter Thread starter BlackiceLSC
  • 98 comments
  • 15,151 views
Meh... I waited two months for the ZZII to show up after all the hype I've read. Finally picked it up a couple days ago, and I'm just not impressed. It's quick, but feels heavier than it is and doesn't like to turn.

I guess if I modded the suspension to hell and back and turned it into something totally different like everyone else does, it may be a different story. But then it would be a different car as well now wouldn't it? :)


slightly tuned it will eat nurburgring alive :) and a car that I havent seen much online but I am sure many people know about it here its the RS6, awesome car.
 
Right now, I just bought any race/touring cars I find in Used Cars.
 
I've also aquired that Altezza touring car, though haven't done anything but set it up to drift. . .I have however come across, two MAzda CX-7 Crossover prototypes that I'm working on turning into drift machines.
 
Mazda Atenza/Mazda6 Touring car. Sounds like my Bissell, but it's so fun to drive :D
 
Honda Odyssey mini van.
Max out the upgrades, puts some race tires on it, and go smoke Vettes and Vipers!
I painted mine pink just to add to the humiliation of the online detractors!
:lol:
 
Fiat 500F is the way forward, 89bhp at 473kg, with racing soft tires you just don't need to brake. I haven't driven it around the Ring yet, but a sub 10 minute time would be respectable I think.

My 100 hp Midget II does it in nine and a half on comfort softs. I used it to win the Laguna SECA pick-up race, and some of the 220 hp Japanese 90's races. Still haven't completely sorted the suspension yet, though. I have two Midget IIs. I snap them up whenever they show up in the UCD.

Mazda Atenza/Mazda6 Touring car. Sounds like my Bissell, but it's so fun to drive :D

10,000+ rpms and AWD... insane. I've got two, thinking of buying a third. My first one is "ruined" with a Stage III engine build, so I can't tune it to 350 hp for certain challenges.

I collect Mazda6s like there's no tomorrow. I've got the second gen 2.5 (one of the only premiums in my garage), the concept, the first gen and the Mazdaspeed. I've also got a number of Legacies, and two or three S60 T5s.

I also have a number of Protege/Familias including the Lantis Type R, a bunch of G20/Pulsars, two or three Honda Fits and a bunch of Tiburons. :lol: Not a dream garage of secret cars, but lots of stuff most people wouldn't give a second glance.
 
Lantis Type R

Another fun one to drive. I think mine is a 323 though (believe they are the same car, correct me if I'm wrong).
 
Another fun one to drive. I think mine is a 323 though (believe they are the same car, correct me if I'm wrong).

I have both the 323F and the Lantis Type R. Yes, they're the same. I was disappointed that the LHD Protege was nothing more than a Familia with the steering wheel on the other side, since LHD Proteges have radically different engine specs from the Japan-only Familia Sport.

Thankfully, the Primera/G20 twins reflect the differences in weight due to trim specifications, as well as general power differences due to emissions. If only they were that conscientious with the Mazdas...
 
I found the Lexus the first night i played the game, it was only like 68 grand. There was noo way i could pass it up.
 
Found a nismo 400R today, fully tuned it, took it online....could not move with out some one wanting to trade something for it.

Also won a 92 EG6 in yellow, slammed it(only visual) modification i could do. Fully tuned it, put on some racing slicks, 7:26 at nurburgring non 24hour track, hell of a drive. Also hits 188 no slip stream on SS7...love this car, only car i really been using..gets complements all the time as well, people usually call it the yellow banana..

Leads me to something else, when i go online... the most desirable cars i see are standards, people beg for them like crazy, trading ferraris and lambos for a spoon S2000 or Mugen carbon R. it's awesome for a standard car enthusiast like me.
 
Last edited:
Found a nismo 400R today, fully tuned it, took it online....could not move with out some one wanting to trade something for it.

So... what do you want for it? I've got a nice red R34 R-Tune that needs company in my garage... :D

Want to... (conspiratorial whisper)
dupe and swap?
 
Last edited:
I had a blast running a couple laps of the 'ring with the Autobacs Garaiya. Very light, controllable yet drifts perfectly across the track in turns.
 
I love the Sprinter Trueno Shigeno Edition. The tofumobile bounces about over bumps but the path stays steady, and it just feels so balanced and controlled. It performs almost like the Garaiya, but it's just more special.

Im still really eager to find its natural mate, the Spoon Civic. That one... may not handle as well. Here's hoping it does!
 
I just bought a Lotus Carlton. This is the first time I've seen it in the UCD or online. 376 HP, and FR. This thing is amazing.
 
I got the Altezza and spent some spare credits on the Engine and Body Overhail and mine has 397 HP after upgrades. Does drive well (must check out the windows...).

I also found an Integra Touring Car for similar money but have yet to try it out. It is FF though I think.

I have the IS200 GT-1. I remember it from the Korean GT4 (its first appearance).
 
NISMO 270R is really fun to take around Tsukuba once you get the suspension sorted out. Other then racing slicks, it's totally stock since it comes with the height-adjustable suspension right from th UCD.
 
Meh... I waited two months for the ZZII to show up after all the hype I've read. Finally picked it up a couple days ago, and I'm just not impressed. It's quick, but feels heavier than it is and doesn't like to turn.

I guess if I modded the suspension to hell and back and turned it into something totally different like everyone else does, it may be a different story. But then it would be a different car as well now wouldn't it? :)

Super cheap car and you can beat Like The Wind (first race was easy, second not so much) with it when modded, it is great bang for buck. Definately one of my favs:tup:
It has to be the cheapest car that can beat Like The Wind, right?
I painted it with Lambo orange and it looks stunning, what's there not to like?
 
RUF 3400S is pretty sweet handling MR compact once you tweak the suspension a little. Great control on Sport hard/medium tires.
 
Callaway C12. Took it in stock round the ring and enjoyed it immensely
 
My list:

Evo II (with everything upgraded except the engine)
TOM'S X540 Chaser
Super AutoBacs MR-S
Spoon Civic Type R
Also most of the more dubious Premiums (you know, the ones everyone and their mother complained about) are amazing if you fully upgrade them and put them on racing softs, I got my Kübelwagen round Tsukuba in the high 1:05's. I got a 430 Scuderia on sport hards round in 1:06 (one lap, having never driven the car before) and a completely standard Prelude Type S on sport softs in 1:07, just for comparison. Great cars. The 500, Schwimmwagen and Samba Bus can all get within 2 seconds of that time, too.
 
neema_t
TOM'S X540 Chaser

Is this one any good? I got one for my second 1000-ticket, but haven't touched it because it looks so boring and uninspired. So it's just been sitting in my garage collecting dust. :indiff:
 
TVR Cerbera Speed 12 1026 hp
Tommy KairaZZII 743 hp
Lotus Carlton 670 hp
Lotus Elise 696 hp
Plymouth Cuda 826 hp

ALL BEAST!
 
TVR Cerbera Speed 12 1026 hp
Tommy KairaZZII 743 hp
Lotus Carlton 670 hp
Lotus Elise 696 hp
Plymouth Cuda 826 hp

ALL BEAST!

How did you get an Elise to 696 hp?
 
I also snapped up a 400R last night...fully stock, not going to mod this one at all except maybe tires and suspension :)

Still waiting for the Spoon Fit Race Car to show up.
 
same here, i onley look at the UCD
more fun

I keep going to the UCD buying everything in sight. Lot's of cool cars in there. I am down to just over 200 used cars left to buy now.
How did you get an Elise to 696 hp?
Must be an Esprit or a typo
 
I had an Oullim Spirra 4.6 V8 '04 pop up in the UCD last night. I hadn't even ever heard of it before so I bought it. Don't know anything about the car and haven't even driven it yet. It is a MR car with HP = 325 and Wt = 1205 as starting point.

Has anyone actually driven it?
 
I had an Oullim Spirra 4.6 V8 '04 pop up in the UCD last night. I hadn't even ever heard of it before so I bought it. Don't know anything about the car and haven't even driven it yet. It is a MR car with HP = 325 and Wt = 1205 as starting point.

Has anyone actually driven it?

Yes me, But only In stock form.
It's the same as any car In GT5, A few laps to get used to It then you start grinning. Not the fastest nor the lightest In It's class but never the less It's a fist full of fun.
I may spend some cash on It to see how much It can make me grin.

I own a ST170 (real life) so I've been playing with that alot.

Other grin factors.
7 Fireblade
GSXR4
Lotus Carlton
& many more.
 
Back