little known secret cars?

  • Thread starter Thread starter BlackiceLSC
  • 98 comments
  • 15,151 views
I had an Oullim Spirra 4.6 V8 '04 pop up in the UCD last night. I hadn't even ever heard of it before so I bought it. Don't know anything about the car and haven't even driven it yet. It is a MR car with HP = 325 and Wt = 1205 as starting point.

Has anyone actually driven it?

Yep... not a bad car at all.
 
Is the NIKE car in this game? I mean it was in GT4....
 
I don't know how secret or special this car is, or could be tuned into something really great....but it's new to me and surprised me all the same.

the '68 Isuzu 117 Coupé.

Man, I smoked the Japanese Classics race in A-spec beginner with this thing. Only tune-up was the oil change. It couldn't nearly keep up with the Dome Concept or the 2000 GT or the Skylines in that race on the straights. At all. But in the corners this thing is an absolute monster. I don't know how to drift, so I'll say that I could do "controlled sliding" in this car with ease. It took turns at speed with no problem and if it lost grip, it was really easy to get it back into shape. To win with stock BHP and suspension, it took being able to beat all the more powerful cars through the corners by a good enough margin that they couldn't catch up on the straights.

Lots of fun. Great car. I'll buy another to tune it up and see what I can do with it against some faster competition.
 
Volvo 240 GLE ESTATE 👍:crazy:

When tunned it puts out 300hp+!!!! :drool::drool::drool:
 
The Alfa DTM is worth every penny. 511hp and AWD makes it a sweet ride.
 
I don't know how secret or special this car is, or could be tuned into something really great....but it's new to me and surprised me all the same.

the '68 Isuzu 117 Coupé.

Man, I smoked the Japanese Classics race in A-spec beginner with this thing. Only tune-up was the oil change. It couldn't nearly keep up with the Dome Concept or the 2000 GT or the Skylines in that race on the straights. At all. But in the corners this thing is an absolute monster. I don't know how to drift, so I'll say that I could do "controlled sliding" in this car with ease. It took turns at speed with no problem and if it lost grip, it was really easy to get it back into shape. To win with stock BHP and suspension, it took being able to beat all the more powerful cars through the corners by a good enough margin that they couldn't catch up on the straights.

Lots of fun. Great car. I'll buy another to tune it up and see what I can do with it against some faster competition.

Ahh Another user of the Isuzu. I was tremendously surprised by this car, although admittedly its been parked since I beat that series.
 
I don't know how secret or special this car is, or could be tuned into something really great....but it's new to me and surprised me all the same.

the '68 Isuzu 117 Coupé.

Interesting that you mention an Isuzu. One car that I have been waiting for in the UCD is the Isuzu Bellett 1600 GT-R '69. I saw a picture of one online and I really think it is a cool looking car for that year. Based on the used car database, it must have come through early in the game for me and I didn't notice it. Now it looks like I may have to wait for a couple hundred more days before it comes through again.
 
I love the random surprises in the UCD.

The Mugen S2000 is a more planted version of the S2000 (only tried an EU-spec '01 model so far) and sounds nice, too. The Spoon version is a bit too edgy and sounds a bit rough - but the sun was going down by the time I tested it, so track temperature might have been an issue.
I painted my Amuse R1 S2000 orange, it looks great. :)
They also do a "Street Version", which I also have but have yet to test - I imagine it would be an interesting match for the Mugen - funny that my Spoon, Mugen and Amuse S2000s are all the same colour. :odd:

I've not really been tempted by the Altezzas, except for a nice mica green "Gita", with the 212 bhp 3-litre straight 6. Very nice, well mannered and a strong, versatile engine - I was very surprised by this one.

I picked up a Speed 12 the other day, and it is insane with no aids! It's crazy that you can more-or-less accelerate at the same rate up to (and including) 4th gear! :crazy:
Coming out of the double-right after the flugplatz, with the rear tyres lit up in fourth was quite an experience... I think it might need some slicks.

I got a Spoon Fit, along with the mmR cup car to complement my Lupo GTi cup car. The Fit is arguably the best handling of the three, but is clearly under-powered!
I really, really want a Spoon DC2 and EK9, and a 400R to go with my R34 R-Tune and R32 S-Tune. :p
I found the FTOs are a good match for DC2s, but a bit softer and a touch lardy - the GP Version R is the lighter of the bunch, but the GPX has much more character, in my opinion.

Another car I enjoyed was the Golf R32. Again, pleasantly surprised by it; despite its weight it can just about fend off a mildly tuned DC2. In the rain, the golf has the edge thanks to its 4WD.

Racing a Renault 5 Turbo against the 205 Turbo 16 on Côte D'Azure is great fun, the little 5 loves to drift :dopey:

EDIT: That Isuzu Bellett was pretty good in GT4, not seen it crop up in GT5 yet...
 
Back