LM Ultimate PC Game

As much as I can't stand what Motorsport Games have done, I'm still somewhat disappointed that this will never see the light of day on console.
What makes you so sure?

Their website says "we are actively exploring the opportunity to bring this experience to console".

Specs aren't that dissimilar to Assetto Corsa and I think the market to bring it to PS5 and Xbox is there - especially at the "apparent" disappointment of GT7/Forza - I think it would be a smart move on their behalf. But I agree I expected a console version to be way off, if at all.

It looks great and does make me question whether my savings goal should go towards a gaming PC or PSVR2

What makes you so sure?

Their website says "we are actively exploring the opportunity to bring this experience to console".

Specs aren't that dissimilar to Assetto Corsa and I think the market to bring it to PS5 and Xbox is there - especially at the "apparent" disappointment of GT7/Forza - I think it would be a smart move on their behalf. But I agree I expected a console version to be way off, if at all.

It looks great and does make me question whether my savings goal should go towards a gaming PC or PSVR2
MSG has been teetering on the brink of collapse for the last 3 years and if this game turns out to be the buggy and broken dumpster fire many are expecting then they are finished for good.

MSG has been teetering on the brink of collapse for the last 3 years and if this game turns out to be the buggy and broken dumpster fire many are expecting then they are finished for good.
Exactly, all of this. I'd be surprised if this game made it out of early access never mind get to console.

I have zero faith in this being anything other than a buggy waste of a perfectly good licence. I kinda wish MSG would just get on and die with dignity.

Looking forward to next year's iRacing NASCAR console title though.

I have zero faith in this being anything other than a buggy waste of a perfectly good licence. I kinda wish MSG would just get on and die with dignity.

Looking forward to next year's iRacing NASCAR console title though.
What dignity?

I have to say, I really do enjoy a game whose load times mirror that of a game being loaded from an HDD. Good times, that one.

I also enjoy a game where the controller just...doesn't work in the menus for whatever reason. Huh? Oh, and what in all hell is that default button layout? Some of the mappings comes across like as if it were someone's first time holding a pad and they decided to have a sneezing fit every single time they mapped a button to whatever function. :odd:

I haven't put a ton of time into it just yet, but the audio is top notch; the physics feel pretty good; it's running pretty well (at the moment!), and it looks pretty good with everything maxed out. I'll optimize settings if need be, but I'll roll with this for the time being.

Not going to lie, I'm pleasantly surprised by what I have seen on YT so far.

I think there is something to be said for the "re-skin" model whereby Developers collaborate on the physics model and take it in their own direction from there.

Given the state of other big releases in the last couple of years (think Forza, WRC), why reinvent the wheel each time?

Played a bit more and there's something jank going on with the steering. There's far too much turn-in for the amount of input I'm using, and the in-game wheel seemingly returns to center and I have to really coast through corners before getting back on the throttle.

This is all with a pad. I've yet to unfold the wheel stand and use the G27 but it doesn't seem that'll make too big of a difference until this — whatever it is — is resolved.

Played a bit more and there's something jank going on with the steering. There's far too much turn-in for the amount of input I'm using, and the in-game wheel seemingly returns to center and I have to really coast through corners before getting back on the throttle.

This is all with a pad. I've yet to unfold the wheel stand and use the G27 but it doesn't seem that'll make too big of a difference until this — whatever it is — is resolved.
It's fine on a wheel. It's basically just rF2 with new content and somehow a bit less optimized. 😄

Wish i would have paid attention to where i just saw an identical feeling but with a wheel. Some where on reddit, and there were a few others expressing that. Also have seen it works great with the wheel so it seems hit or miss and a lot up to personal interpretation and preference.

It's fine on a wheel. It's basically just rF2 with new content and somehow a bit less optimized. 😄
Interesting. I'll have to try it with a wheel then. I was going to anyway but with the outlook that I'll still experience the steering issue but with far better control. Ideally.
Wish i would have paid attention to where i just saw an identical feeling but with a wheel. Some where on reddit, and there were a few others expressing that. Also have seen it works great with the wheel so it seems hit or miss and a lot up to personal interpretation and preference.
I'm seeing it quite a bit on Steam discussions (a terrible place for information in general because everyone is a trolling moron :lol: ) but I haven't looked anywhere else yet. It's so prevalent on the Hypercars that it makes it feel like they're sliding into the corner. On top of that, for whatever reason, tire temps go through the roof and there's too sudden a loss of grip. This is a controller issue from what I'm seeing but I can't be sure.

I have close to zero confidence going through corners (slow and high speed alike) with Hypercars as a result because I'm too worried the grip won't be there, or will disappear. Again, I've seen the in-game wheel return to center as if there's some kind of buffering assist going on when I have (or at least should have) the wheel at close to or full lock.

I’m seeing it’s just as difficult to set this game up as RF2, if that’s the case I’m not even bothering.
Games like RF2 are why I have a console... (actually, it was mostly Windows 7 to 10 breaking EVERYTHING, but you get the drift)

But, on the other hand, the hypercars are ticking a box for me that hasn't been ticked in a long, long, time, and the track list, though small, does not suck, sooo... I guess I'm following along to see how everyone does with it?

I disagree. This game is much better than rF2. I know it use the same engine and basis, but try the Oreca 07. This reworked version in LMU is PERFECT. The performances are on par with the real car, the behavior is pretty damn good, the 3d model and the sound are better etc… And the overall feeling (of other cars) is much better for me.

I disagree. This game is much better than rF2. I know it use the same engine and basis, but try the Oreca 07. This reworked version in LMU is PERFECT. The performances are on par with the real car, the behavior is pretty damn good, the 3d model and the sound are better etc… And the overall feeling (of other cars) is much better for me.
Oh I agree. I was just being vague. Didn't have much time to spend with it. Hopefully I'll have more seat time this weekend! Obviously there is a lot in common with rF2, that's why I said that, and that's a good thing. :)

What is there is good IMO. The driving physics are good and the sense of speed is really good. Still needs a lot of work though. Hopefully they'll finish the triple screen tuning tool and fix the problem with the UI and Windows 11 (both are already on their known issues list). At the moment I can't make any changes in the settings without quitting a race and going back to the main menu. Trying to change any setting after you've loaded into the race is pretty worthless. It just lags and sometimes crashes back to desktop.

First hotfix is up:

Build number: 13519678
• Addressed intermittent crash when driving over a rumble strip
• Enabled the classic multi-view tool - this can be triggered by pressing "ctrl" + “shift” + "=" to configure multiple monitors
• Improved a crash for some users when entering Multiplayer session after a Race Weekend session
• Fixed an issue where the overlay initialises too early and causes hang at startup
• Fixed an issue where the UI has input lag when in focus for some users
• Added protection for invalid characters in controller files causing errors reading the file
• Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel: Enabled constant steering force
• Fanatec CSL Elite - Fixed incorrect torque capability - Note - if you have modified your controller settings you will need to delete your current controls.json and direct input.json found in \LeMansUltimate\UserData\player\
• Updated Gamepad and Keyboard default profiles
• Note - if you have modified your controller settings you will need to delete your current controls.json and direct input.json found in \LeMansUltimate\UserData\player\
• Fixed incorrect Force Feedback orientation on SimSteering, Simucube, SimXperience and VRS Directforce wheelbases
• Fanatec CSL DD - Fixed incorrect steering sensitivity and look left/right assignments
• Reduced default head physics to 10% for first time users
• Made some adjustments to default settings
  • Set default Post Effects to low for improved fps performance in game and menus
  • Set default rear view mirror settings to enable virtual mirror by default
  • Set default time scale to 1.0
• Prevented online Special Events being updated with Daily Race registrations
• Fixed being able to register with the wrong rank for Online

As it stands, the long and short of it is this game feels terrible with a pad. The GT3 cars (at least the 911, anyway) are much better but if you have any interest in the Hypercar class....you're going to have a bad time.

Having said that, I took to the G27 and they're still tricky to drive (how long does it take for these friggin' tires to get heat in them!?) but far, far more manageable. Still tricky though because it feels like the rear compounds never have any grip and the car could go off careening into the kitty litter like a sailboat. Once there's heat in the tires though, they really come alive and I like what I'm experiencing thus far.

I'll have to spend more time over the weekend with the game with wheel in hand to put together any real thoughts with it, gripe about settings; look for settings; set the car up (if need be); optimize settings (if need be, I've really only hotlapped...which is basically all I do these days :lol: ), etc, etc.

I've yet to lay a wheel on Spa or anywhere else not named La Sarthe and Fuji.

gte cars* :D
(less restrictions for modifications than gt3, no abs, a little bit lighter & more downforce)
Whoops. It was way past my bedtime when I typed that up so I'll go ahead and blame it on that. :lol:

Gave the game the benefit of the doubt and the driving actually feels solid so far. Only tried some of the hypercars and they feel rather good once they get up to working speed. Found the Ferrari is probably one of the quickest to get up to speed in compared to the Peugeot and Glickenhaus. Only real issues so far have been some chuggy framerate when leaving the garage and one time when no cars appeared when loading into an offline practice session.

Back