LM1000hp Le Mans Championship - Sundays @ 19:30 GMT+0Finished 

• Round 9 Suzuka
Sprint race - Sig would record his second win with VeeDubber claiming 2nd position

SuzukaCircuit2014_9_zps9ec69f6b.jpg

• Round 9 Suzuka
Championship standings - part 1 - Mulligan in the Bentley Speed-8 gained 24 points to move within a fraction of M1

SuzukaCircuit2014_4_zpsa5a34af0.jpg

Heading into the final round at Le Mans, here is a summary of the championship with details of podium finishes. This is followed by the points standings and subsequent ballast to be carried down the Mulsanne straight.

Good luck to all of the title contenders.

9fefc385-9c1e-4400-9854-36c426806653_zps83b2c764.jpg

Hi guys, very much doubt I can race for a while. Had an accident at work and hacksawed through a ligament in my thumb, I've had emergancy surgery today but I'll be in a casts for about 4 weeks minimum. might pop in to watch for a bit though.

Hi guys, very much doubt I can race for a while. Had an accident at work and hacksawed through a ligament in my thumb, I've had emergancy surgery today but I'll be in a casts for about 4 weeks minimum. might pop in to watch for a bit though.

Oh no. Hope you're on the mend Bazzer. When I tried to chop my index finger off, driving auto and ffb 1 helped in the weeks after. Ouch.

Race 2 start drama aside I enjoyed tonight. The last lap of race 1 was funny when me and m1 made contact then Vee just charges through the middle to take victory. Race 2 I forgot to change onto softs then I only won because Vee made mistakes. On the final stint I pitted a lap early but then I had to start cutting my revs to save fuel while managing the gap.

The only point I would like to raise regarding driving standards: if you make a mistake and spin out you should wait till there are no cars coming before reversing onto track to turn around. I know most drivers already do this but some don't, in both races there were crashes because of this.

If there is going to be another series please let me know hopefully I can compete full time, I am still missing a championship win in my online racing career:(

Just want to say a massive well done to Mike for winning the championship lastnight, thoroughly deserved.

Also a big thanks to Mark for all the work and organisation that went into it, 👍.

As for last night it ended in a bit of a sour note for me, driving injured with one hand was hard enough before the formation lap issues happened. I do want to apologise to Mulligan though, and everyone else that had to hear my language. Mulligan I really don't know what the problem was, you kept calling me very unfair and accusing me of non gentlemanly racing on the formation lap of race 2 but it was unjust and well out of order. You finished ahead of me in race 1 meaning i start ahead of you in race 2. Did you forget this? You kept telling me to get behind you and rammed me off track on a couple of occasions. I hope you saved the replay, went back through the previous race and realise i didn't do anything wrong. Hopefully it was just a misunderstanding and we can move on.

• Round 10 Le Mans
Mulsanne Straight - VeeDubber would record his first series win in the Audi R8 to finish 4th in the championship overall

CircuitdelaSarthe2009NoChicanes_3_zps46c187c2.jpg

• Round 10 Le Mans
Ralentisseur Michelin - Flanked (leading) secured 2nd place in the championship finishing 33 points behind M1 (background)

CircuitdelaSarthe2009_22_zpse1d95827.jpg

I want to congratulate all the racers and especially Mike on a well earned championship. His consistency made all the difference. I also want to thank all those involved and specifically Mark for their hard work and dedication in organizing the series. This series was probably the most competitive one that I have been involved in. The cars, were well matched and the the rules along with the performance penalty system made for very close racing with many different winners. There were very few incidents which is a testament to the attitude and maturity of the group as a whole. Racing was fun and I look forward to our next adventure.

Back