Logitech G Pro Racing Wheel

This with fanatecs new csl elite V2 pedals sounds like what I'm after. Mainly because I do see the merit in true force after having my g923 for a year.

So... Will gt7 come to PC so I can do this? Even if it does will I be able to use my same save? Microsoft are definitely miles ahead in this regard.

Last edited:
So people are willing to spend 1000 on a wheelbase only but yet will still complain that PC's are too expensive. Just to make GT7 feel a bit better. Alright then.
Price is far from the only reason some people don't like PC. But yea, they're definitely expensive, but nowhere near as bad as this wheel.

Love that there is competition in the market, although at the moment i have no space and not time for a wheel and a cockpit.

I adore the idea that Thrustmaster is teasing and not delivering for (as it feels) years on that topic (feels like cyberpunk or the teased and never delivered PS5 update to Witcher 3) and Logitech looses no words and just delivers! Right to the market and with quality, as it seems.

Last edited:
1500,- Euro is... steep to say the least. A Fanatec with 8nm base is 600 + 400 for wheel and LC pedals. This will be an interesting wheel maybe later on when the price drops a bit.

Just went to pre-order one with pedals and the Logitech UK online store doesn't recognise any UK post/zip codes. Genius.

Nice, competition is always good.

F1-wheel-addon would be nice.

Round wheels sucks, all GT3-cars have F1 wheels nowadays

If i ever buy a DD wheel will be this one, by that time probably they will have more options in terms of pedals/wheels.
Other DD bases dont real appeal me, if i spend huge amounth its to get all the gimmicks for better immersion and seems Logitech have the upper hand, just need a better pedals and its a no brainer.

Last edited:
This sounds like a great wheel let down by the pedals.
The analogue clutch paddles on the wheel are intriguing to me. Would these be able to be mapped to throttle and braking for a Zanardi/Monger style hand control situation?
While not an amputee my ankles and feet are completely fused so I can't really use pedals in a normal way but if this wheel allows for analogue throttle/braking on the wheel itself (and on console) that would be the solution I've been waiting for.
I have seen other options but they are normally just way too expensive for me and while this still isn't cheap if it works out of the box on GT7 I'd be a very happy customer.

Would these be able to be mapped to throttle and braking
Yes they can. There are various options including using them as a handbrake. I believe he settings can be accessed via the wheelbase, so hopefully no PC is required.

After an evening looking at very positive reviews on YouTube colour me intrigued Logitech. Especially as I was considering a upgrade but didn't want to loose the reliability I've had from Logi wheels.

And actually the pedals are really pretty good. There hasn't been any bad reviews, it's mainly saying that perhaps they are not quite up to the £300 price tag (when compared to other makes). But since you appear to get £75 off them (£224.25) if ordered with the Pro wheel that makes them somewhat more interesting.

And of course, great review @Jordan.
"In short, it’s the best wheel I’ve ever used." Hmm, tempting. Very tempting!

The analogue clutch paddles on the wheel are intriguing to me. Would these be able to be mapped to throttle and braking for a Zanardi/Monger style hand control situation?

There’s metal shift and clutch paddles, with Hall effect sensors rather than the sometimes problematic microswitched shifters of previous models. Players can reconfigure the paddles to throttle and brake if required, giving analogue hand controls.

While not an amputee my ankles and feet are completely fused so I can't really use pedals in a normal way but if this wheel allows for analogue throttle/braking on the wheel itself (and on console) that would be the solution I've been waiting for.
I have seen other options but they are normally just way too expensive for me and while this still isn't cheap if it works out of the box on GT7 I'd be a very happy customer.
You will be able to drive in GT7 using analogue paddles with GT DD Pro + McLaren GT3 V2 at a much lower price.

Wait, this works on xbox AND playstation?! Hope, they (or Microsoft and Sony) would unlock the older Logitech models. :-(

(edit) OK, just read the article, it's still this one version for each platform nonesense....

Last edited:
Wait, this works on xbox AND playstation?! Hope, they (or Microsoft and Sony) would unlock the older Logitech models. :-(

(edit) OK, just read the article, it's still this one version for each platform nonesense....
I don't think the manufacturers of the wheels can do anything about it. Each Sony and Microsoft tells them to put a security chip into the hardware, and I guess they don't allow to have the other chip in there given that this is the case for most if not all accessories (at least that I know of)

Fanatec bypassed it by having the Sony chip in the wheelbase and the MS chip in the wheel. Therefore you can use the PS compatible bases with a Xbox compatible wheel to use it on both

Logitech is doing the same as Fanatec, according to Boosted Media. Probably not interesting now, but might be when they release new wheels.

1663876217371.png

Thanks for the kind words, guys. I'm glad you enjoyed the review.
Question: do the G29 pedals work with this? I don't wanna spend $349 on "eh" pedals when I already own a set of "eh" pedals

Edit: I see "usb" connection. Oop
Wow! Nice1 from Jordan & Logitech. I wonder if I still could use my trusty old G27 pedals thru Ricmotech adapter with the new wheel.. Would be really close wearing my deal jeans then.
I am surprised it doesn't support the older Logitech pedals out of the box. I don't think the Ricmotech adapter would work because the G PRO only supports USB inputs, and the only Ricmotech adapter I'm familiar with converts the Logitech pedal's serial cable to an RJ11 port.
One of my gripes with the G29 is the dial is kind of wonky if you are trying to use it while turning the wheel at the same time, even if you’re turning very slightly.

@Jordan any issues with this?
I have used the G29 but never actually owned one, so I'm not sure. What do you mean by "wonky"?
Hopefully the control stick is not noisy as the one on the Fanatec, I wonder also if there is much fan noise?
It's not silent, but makes roughly the same sound you'd get from the click of a mouse. It is not as loud as the Fanatec DD Pro's control stick (I just checked).
This sounds like a great wheel let down by the pedals.
You definitely can use the paddles for throttle/brake by adjusting the configuration directly in the wheel's menu. It works right now with GT7, out of the box. I didn't mention it in the review, but I tried it myself and it worked well. There was a bit too much going on for me with a manual transmission, but it's manageable with an automatic.
And actually the pedals are really pretty good. There hasn't been any bad reviews, it's mainly saying that perhaps they are not quite up to the £300 price tag (when compared to other makes). But since you appear to get £75 off them (£224.25) if ordered with the Pro wheel that makes them somewhat more interesting.

And of course, great review @Jordan.
"In short, it’s the best wheel I’ve ever used." Hmm, tempting. Very tempting!
That's a good way to put it. The pedals aren't bad, they just aren't up to the standard set by Fanatec that I was very much used to with the CSLs. Nevertheless, this is the wheel that will be staying on my rig.

Thanks for the kind words, guys. I'm glad you enjoyed the review.

I am surprised it doesn't support the older Logitech pedals out of the box. I don't think the Ricmotech adapter would work because the G PRO only supports USB inputs, and the only Ricmotech adapter I'm familiar with converts the Logitech pedal's serial cable to an RJ11 port.

I have used the G29 but never actually owned one, so I'm not sure. What do you mean by "wonky"?

It's not silent, but makes roughly the same sound you'd get from the click of a mouse. It is not as loud as the Fanatec DD Pro's control stick (I just checked).

You definitely can use the paddles for throttle/brake by adjusting the configuration directly in the wheel's menu. It works right now with GT7, out of the box. I didn't mention it in the review, but I tried it myself and it worked well. There was a bit too much going on for me with a manual transmission, but it's manageable with an automatic.

That's a good way to put it. The pedals aren't bad, they just aren't up to the standard set by Fanatec that I was very much used to with the CSLs. Nevertheless, this is the wheel that will be staying on my rig.
What rig did you mount the G Pro on? Where the nubs on the bottom an issue?

FMW
What rig did you mount the G Pro on? Where the nubs on the bottom an issue?
It's mounted on an Obutto Revolution with the same bolts I was using for the DD Pro (M6 I think?).

Nice review :) While it seems expensive, I think it could be interesting for those of us in South America as @Haverstaken mentioned, since Logitech is the only one that officially sells steering wheels here. Fanatec and Thrustmaster don't, and buying them in the US is prohibitively expensive once you add import taxes, courier shipping, USD exchange rates, etc. I hope Logitech brings this new wheel and pedals to South America.
As a G29 owner myself, I can say it usually fails to register any turns on the dial when you are actually turning the steering wheel. And when you have the wheel straight and the dial turn does register, it usually does "two clicks" instead of one. For GT7 for example, D-Pad is a much better option for adjusting fuel map, brake balance, TCS, etc.
There are some serial-to-USB interfaces like this one which work with PC, but since G PRO uses a proprietary protocol, I guess it might not work. I assume Logitech will eventually sell the adapter themselves.

Fanatec and Thrustmaster don't, and buying them in the US is prohibitively expensive once you add import taxes, courier shipping, USD exchange rates, etc. I hope Logitech brings this new wheel and pedals to South America.

I hear you, man. I lived in Argentina for 20 years and even though we made yearly trips to USA to visit family, the only wheel I would ever bring back to Argentina with me was Logitech, even though I had access to any wheel brand I wanted. Logitech has good support in Argentina. The other brands, zero. Logitech is pretty much the only brand that makes sense in Argentina.

I came back to USA last year and now have Fanatec, but for the reasons you stated above I really hope this wheel makes it to Argentina. For your sake and all of the friendly sim racers I still race with down there who are yearning to upgrade to a DD wheel.

TLDR; if you don't live in the "first world", Logitech is the way to go. Very reliable wheels. I used them from late 90's to 2021 and never had a single problem (except for cleaning cat hair out of the pedal potentiometers LOL).

I would be kind of torn between this and the upcoming TM DD, since I already have a bunch of stuff in the TM ecosystem. But since the TM wheel is going to be PC only, it's a no-brainer.

@Jordan, can you say that the jump in quality and experience between this and the TM T300 is as big of a jump between the T300 and the G27? Because personally, I am very happy with the experience of my T300, but I was also very happy with my G27 until I got the T300. And the T300 turned out to be well worth the upgrade. The T300 made the G27 feel like a toy. If the difference between the GT Pro and the T300 is as big as that, then I would be very interested in upgrading.

I wonder also if there is much fan noise?
Forgot to answer this earlier. There is a fan, but it's a non-issue. I didn't even realize it had a fan until my ear was next to the wheel base as I was adjusting the rig.
As a G29 owner myself, I can say it usually fails to register any turns on the dial when you are actually turning the steering wheel. And when you have the wheel straight and the dial turn does register, it usually does "two clicks" instead of one. For GT7 for example, D-Pad is a much better option for adjusting fuel map, brake balance, TCS, etc.
Ah, interesting! I didn't experience any issues while turning, but it seems each turn of a "notch" on the right knob registers as five. I assumed it was a pre-release bug with the game because the knob inputs work as expected elsewhere. That's really weird.
@Jordan, can you say that the jump in quality and experience between this and the TM T300 is as big of a jump between the T300 and the G27? Because personally, I am very happy with the experience of my T300, but I was also very happy with my G27 until I got the T300. And the T300 turned out to be well worth the upgrade. The T300 made the G27 feel like a toy. If the difference between the GT Pro and the T300 is as big as that, then I would be very interested in upgrading.
Yes. I used the T300 as my primary wheel for many years (before eventually moving to the T-GT and then the Fanatec GT DD Pro), and I too really liked the T300 before it eventually died (RIP). This is a pretty big step up from that.

So this is good because it adds a load of canned effects to a game that should already have canned effects?

If only PD actually wrote the ffb properly for the "officially licensed" products instead of have them clipping into uselessness, huh? Maybe Logitech have a secret deal with PD - you do half a job and we'll be the only people to complete it for you. Guaranteed sales.

So this is good because it adds a load of canned effects to a game that should already have canned effects?

If only PD actually wrote the ffb properly for the "officially licensed" products instead of have them clipping into uselessness, huh? Maybe Logitech have a secret deal with PD - you do half a job and we'll be the only people to complete it for you. Guaranteed sales.
Good point. Why couldn’t this feedback show up on the other wheels the way it does this pro? After watching the video I would almost pay 1 k to feel the difference.

Gee I know it's a subjective thing and at the end of the day not that important but my god the wheelbase is ugly.

Some other downsides for me.

Those thumb pinky wheels look like a nightmare to use in-game.

Limited mounting options for a rig.

On the plus side it's Logitech so from my experience it will be reliable and it's always nice to have more options in the market.

For me it's a miss.

Last edited:
@Jordan

what steering wheel were you using in GT7 before the Logitech G Pro?
Have you ever tested a Thrustmaster TGT (I or II) in GT7? I would be interested in the comparison between the T-DFB and the TrueForce.

I bought a TGT with GT Sport and was very pleased with the new additional feeling.

I would also be interested to see how the Logitech G Pro with TrueForce deactivated feels in GT7 against other steering wheels.

Thanks for your feedback

I'm confused.

A couple of days ago just after the announcement the prices were.
Screenshot_2022-09-22-12-15-45-722.jpg

Checked again today and...
Screenshot_2022-09-23-13-36-57-692.jpg

It's gone up in price £187.23 already! Not sure it's worth that. I was baulking a bit at the original price anyway but now seem to have missed out on what was a lower figure. Perhaps Black Friday might a time to check again.

As a G29 owner myself, I can say it usually fails to register any turns on the dial when you are actually turning the steering wheel. And when you have the wheel straight and the dial turn does register, it usually does "two clicks" instead of one.
Yep, absolutely standard on the G29. One click usually means nothing changes, but sometimes means one up/down and sometimes means two.

It was something I specifically noted as much improved in my review of the G923, where I've never had it not register. I've not fiddled with the G PRO yet, but I can't imagine they've walked it back.

I'm confused.

A couple of days ago just after the announcement the prices were.
View attachment 1194810

Checked again today and...
View attachment 1194813

It's gone up in price £187.23 already! Not sure it's worth that. I was baulking a bit at the original price anyway but now seem to have missed out on what was a lower figure. Perhaps Black Friday might a time to check again.
Some kind of extra discount that changed? Because it's still less than advertised on the product page Screenshot_20220923_152741_org.mozilla.firefox.png

Latest Posts

Back