Logitech G Pro Racing Wheel

Some kind of extra discount that changed?
I think there must be a discount (shown in your basket) on the pedals if bought at the same time as the wheel. The discount is actually greater today but they cost more. Plus the wheel is £150 more than it was..

Nice review. I would love to experience the trueforce feedback but it’s too damn expensive for me. Still, has you mentioned, this could create the incentive for other brands to explore this type of feedback. Looking at what Sony achieved with the dualsense 5 and now this logitech wheel, makes excited to what the future will bring.

Nice review. I would love to experience the trueforce feedback but it’s too damn expensive for me. Still, has you mentioned, this could create the incentive for other brands to explore this type of feedback. Looking at what Sony achieved with the dualsense 5 and now this logitech wheel, makes excited to what the future will bring.
If/when Fanatec releases their version of trueforce feedback in a DD wheel @Jordan mentioned in his review, I'll likely buy it.

Jerome

Hello Jordan!
First thanks for the site and all the great ressources. I have a question about the pedals. Is it possible you set them up maybe the wrong way? I explain n’y idea : you said you set up the max braking at the end of the pedal travel, then mostly losing the pressure part of the movement, only to rely on position. But what if you went the other way? Like being maybe 20% brake when at end of travel , and then relying on the pressure to control the 80 other percents? With stiff polymers and high enough max load?
Well I’m just wondering. I have a g29 and maybe will upgrade in the future, and I think a good pedal will be the most useful thing performance wise. Thanks for all and keep us posted :)

As a G29 owner myself, I can say it usually fails to register any turns on the dial when you are actually turning the steering wheel. And when you have the wheel straight and the dial turn does register, it usually does "two clicks" instead of one. For GT7 for example, D-Pad is a much better option for adjusting fuel map, brake balance, TCS, etc.
Ah, interesting! I didn't experience any issues while turning, but it seems each turn of a "notch" on the right knob registers as five. I assumed it was a pre-release bug with the game because the knob inputs work as expected elsewhere. That's really weird.
I can confirm Logitech/PD are aware of this bug affecting the right dial with the G PRO in GT7 and it will be fixed in a future update.
@Jordan

what steering wheel were you using in GT7 before the Logitech G Pro?
Have you ever tested a Thrustmaster TGT (I or II) in GT7? I would be interested in the comparison between the T-DFB and the TrueForce.

I bought a TGT with GT Sport and was very pleased with the new additional feeling.
I used a T-GT (I) for five years (2017-2022) before switching to the Fanatec GT DD Pro with the launch of GT7. I tested GT7 for two days with the T-GT before switching to the DD Pro full-time after the game's release.

I was a big fan of the T-GT because of T-DFB and, although I found the DD Pro to be a great wheel (and pedals), I admit I always missed the T-DFB effects. I would describe the G PRO's implementation of TrueForce as the next evolution of T-DFB. It is a stronger and more refined T-DFB and seems to simulate additional chassis vibrations.
I would also be interested to see how the Logitech G Pro with TrueForce deactivated feels in GT7 against other steering wheels.
With TrueForce disabled, it feels like a larger, leather-wrapped DD Pro, or a smoother, more "responsive" T-GT.

In ACC and iRacing, even with TrueForce disabled, you'll feel all kinds of little undulations in the track. But in GT7, they just aren't there, and the rumble strips are missing almost entirely. This understandably led to a lot of "GT7 has bad force feedback" complaints. But, with TrueForce enabled, those subtle undulations seem to appear, and the rumble strips feel incredibly detailed — more detailed than ACC, actually! You can feel the wheels drop between the red-and-white rumble strips and the sausage kerbs, or thin green strips of smooth concrete just outside the rumble strips. That kind of stuff makes the environment feel more real to me.

For whatever reason, GT7 experiences a larger bump in performance than either of those other titles. I have my theories on why that is, but only Polyphony knows for sure.
Jbp
Hello Jordan!
First thanks for the site and all the great ressources. I have a question about the pedals. Is it possible you set them up maybe the wrong way? I explain n’y idea : you said you set up the max braking at the end of the pedal travel, then mostly losing the pressure part of the movement, only to rely on position. But what if you went the other way? Like being maybe 20% brake when at end of travel , and then relying on the pressure to control the 80 other percents? With stiff polymers and high enough max load?
Well I’m just wondering. I have a g29 and maybe will upgrade in the future, and I think a good pedal will be the most useful thing performance wise. Thanks for all and keep us posted :)
Hello!

Configuring it the other way around would change the situation, but I don't think it would improve it. It would just require more pressure to achieve maximum braking force at the bottom.

As it is now, it kind of reminds me of the "conical brake mod" that is/was popular on Thrustmaster pedals. A lot of people raved about that, but I never liked it. Real brakes have consistently increasing resistance. That consistency isn't always the same, of course, but it's never mushy-then-suddenly-hard — you can feel the resistance increase before you get to the very end. That's why I like Fanatec's load cells: even though they are extremely stiff, they consistently increase resistance as you add more pressure. The Thrustmaster pedals with the "conical mods" and the G PRO's pedals don't work or feel that way.

@Jordan thank you for your answer, i appreciate it very much!

I have switched from a T-GT to a DD Pro just 3 weeks ago.
I already knew that there is no alternative to the T-DFB from Fanatec. So I also knew that I would miss this additional feedback. Nevertheless, I took the step because I no longer wanted a belt-driven base, the poor quick release and the inferior quality of the plastic that was used too much. I also found it very unspectacular that they announced a DD and made us wait over half a year for information. But what we do know is that it will be PC only, so it was no longer relevant for me anyway. So we'll have to wait at least another year for a PS5 version, if not longer.
Fanatec also offers much better pedals, which I wanted to enjoy.

I was just a few days past the 14-day return limit, when out of nowhere the Logitech G Pro was introduced.
When I saw your video it was immediately clear to me that TrueForce in GT7 must be something really good. As I said, I was already taken with the T-DFB at the time.

Now I am very undecided whether I made the right decision with Fanatec.
However, I'm not thrilled with the pedal set that Logitech offers for the G Pro and certainly not with its price. It's almost the same as the CSP V3s I have now. Yes, they have their disadvantages, but I would never swap them for the Logitech ones.

So at the moment I can't really say whether I did everything right or not. At the time of the purchase, I was 100% sure that I would do it that way!

But I will definitely stay with my Fanatec set now. Fanatec hardware can still be sold very well in a year's time without losing much money. Let's see what else is in store for us then.

After the huge disappointment with the GT DD Pro, and being clueless about what other wheel to get after returning it, this G Pro review feels like heaven but I'm too sceptical now. Too good to be true. Will wait and see. Everybody said wonders about the GT DD Pro when it launched and no reviews (except 1 reviewer which i saw too late) mentioned the lack of FFB.

@Jordan thank you for your answer, i appreciate it very much!

I have switched from a T-GT to a DD Pro just 3 weeks ago.
I already knew that there is no alternative to the T-DFB from Fanatec. So I also knew that I would miss this additional feedback. Nevertheless, I took the step because I no longer wanted a belt-driven base, the poor quick release and the inferior quality of the plastic that was used too much. I also found it very unspectacular that they announced a DD and made us wait over half a year for information. But what we do know is that it will be PC only, so it was no longer relevant for me anyway. So we'll have to wait at least another year for a PS5 version, if not longer.
Fanatec also offers much better pedals, which I wanted to enjoy.

I was just a few days past the 14-day return limit, when out of nowhere the Logitech G Pro was introduced.
When I saw your video it was immediately clear to me that TrueForce in GT7 must be something really good. As I said, I was already taken with the T-DFB at the time.

Now I am very undecided whether I made the right decision with Fanatec.
However, I'm not thrilled with the pedal set that Logitech offers for the G Pro and certainly not with its price. It's almost the same as the CSP V3s I have now. Yes, they have their disadvantages, but I would never swap them for the Logitech ones.

So at the moment I can't really say whether I did everything right or not. At the time of the purchase, I was 100% sure that I would do it that way!

But I will definitely stay with my Fanatec set now. Fanatec hardware can still be sold very well in a year's time without losing much money. Let's see what else is in store for us then.
This is basically where I'm at as well. I can't give up the Fanatec pedals for the Logitech ones. I'm just waiting for Fanatec's version of the same thing.

Jerome

🚨 UPDATE!!! 🚨

I was wrong!

The load cell can be made much stiffer with the provided elastomer inserts, putting its stiffness on par with Fanatec load cells. The stiffest springs and inserts are not inserted out-of-the-box, as I had originally stated.

I regret the mistake, but I'm happy to be wrong and will explain how it happened. The instruction manual is illustrated only, with these tables used to show the various brake pedal travel options available. In the elastomer box, three cylinders could be seen:

Screen Shot 2022-09-26 at 6.39.41 PM.png

I thought I was looking at an orange and yellow elastomer, and a short elastomer with a light-colored top. The colors looked off, but they obviously weren't dark brown or red as shown in the tables (or so I thought), so I assumed those colors were already inserted. After examining the table, that configuration would appear to be the one with the shortest travel. I wasn't interested in testing a softer pedal and didn't want to deal with greasing the other elastomers just to try them out, so I left everything in place. That's where I went wrong.

Thanks to a tip from @LOGI_Rich, I pulled the installed elastomers out of the pedal to discover it actually contained the red and light tan cylinders, giving the pedal 33mm of travel! :dunce:

Once I installed the dark brown (it looks quite orange to me, but I digress) and red cylinders to get the 18mm of travel, the pedal now feels very stiff. It's as stiff — if not stiffer — than the Fanatecs!

This radically improves my opinion of the pedals and I'm quite pleased with them now. However, I will still say they don't have quite the same overall feel of the Fanatec CSLs. Also, if you like a softer brake feel, the problems I discussed earlier still remain. I suspect the vast majority of consumers won't bother changing the elastomers from the default configuration which is unfortunate.

I apologize to Logitech and all of our readers for the mistake and have updated both the review and video accordingly.

🚨 UPDATE!!! 🚨

I was wrong!

The load cell can be made much stiffer with the provided elastomer inserts, putting its stiffness on par with Fanatec load cells. The stiffest springs and inserts are not inserted out-of-the-box, as I had originally stated.

I regret the mistake, but I'm happy to be wrong and will explain how it happened. The instruction manual is illustrated only, with these tables used to show the various brake pedal travel options available. In the elastomer box, three cylinders could be seen:

View attachment 1195604

I thought I was looking at an orange and yellow elastomer, and a short elastomer with a light-colored top. The colors looked off, but they obviously weren't dark brown or red as shown in the tables (or so I thought), so I assumed those colors were already inserted. After examining the table, that configuration would appear to be the one with the shortest travel. I wasn't interested in testing a softer pedal and didn't want to deal with greasing the other elastomers just to try them out, so I left everything in place. That's where I went wrong.

Thanks to a tip from @LOGI_Rich, I pulled the installed elastomers out of the pedal to discover it actually contained the red and light tan cylinders, giving the pedal 33mm of travel! :dunce:

Once I installed the dark brown (it looks quite orange to me, but I digress) and red cylinders to get the 18mm of travel, the pedal now feels very stiff. It's as stiff — if not stiffer — than the Fanatecs!

This radically improves my opinion of the pedals and I'm quite pleased with them now. However, I will still say they don't have quite the same overall feel of the Fanatec CSLs. Also, if you like a softer brake feel, the problems I discussed earlier still remain. I suspect the vast majority of consumers won't bother changing the elastomers from the default configuration which is unfortunate.

I apologize to Logitech and all of our readers for the mistake and have updated both the review and video accordingly.
Thank you! So good to know, this is important and most people might overlook.

Is the wheel available in your country? In Spain it's only available to pre-order, and they don't know when it will arrive.

@Jordan Many thanks for taking another look - much appreciated. It was only because of your meticulous review and that you specifically mentioned that point about the stiffest options already being installed, that I noticed.

@Met Entso As seems to be the case so often at the moment there's been some shipping delays at the ports - some of it had arrived already, but not everything. The last I heard when I was at the Play event last week was that we were hoping to have the product in the warehouse sometime next week, so do please keep checking.

@Jordan Many thanks for taking another look - much appreciated. It was only because of your meticulous review and that you specifically mentioned that point about the stiffest options already being installed, that I noticed.

@Met Entso As seems to be the case so often at the moment there's been some shipping delays at the ports - some of it had arrived already, but not everything. The last I heard when I was at the Play event last week was that we were hoping to have the product in the warehouse sometime next week, so do please keep checking.
Wow thanks a lot for this quick information from the source. I checked both Spain and UK, I'm currently living in Spain, and both where at pre-order status (the wheel, not the pedals). Will have to wait then for those shipments. Must control the hype 🙃

The G Pro will be the 19 wheel I currently own and should be here Friday. I have a Fanatec DD Pro GT and a T-GT and prefer the T-GT. I also love my TS-XW for Xbox. My complaints on the DD pro are that it will not register 7th gear with the Fanatec shifter on many games that work fine with the th8a on a Thrustmaster wheel (Forza games). My modified TH8A shifters have great feel and are easy to get into gears. The Fanatec Shifter feels awkward and requires too much effort to get into reverse or 7th gear and on my Trakracer TR8 there is a lot of flex cause by the shIfter having so much leverage. Once the Logitech arrives I will give my impressions. Also looking forward to what shifter option Logitec will be offering in the near future.

What I currently own:

Logitech:
Driving Force Pro
Driving Force GT
G920 with shifter
G29 with shifter

Thrustmaster:
T150
T300
T500
TX Leather
TX Ferrari Italia
TS-XW
T-GT
T-GT

Fanatec:
CSR Elite
CSW 2.5
DD Pro GT (8NM)

Microsoft:
Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel

Madcatz: (not by choice...they came free with rigs)
Xbox 360 Wireless FFB Racing Wheel
Xbox One Pro Racing Wheel

Last edited:
Wow, ship one of that to Brazil? For the brotherhood... jk man

On topic, seems like this wheel really improves GT7? Going by the review, I find that really curious tbh. Would love to get a hold of one but it will probably cost half a car here in Brazil (and cars here are way more expensive than your average place), so maybe 5 years from now

The G Pro will be the 19 wheel I currently own and should be here Friday. I have a Fanatec DD Pro GT and a T-GT and prefer the T-GT. I also love my TS-XW for Xbox. My complaints on the DD pro are that it will not register 7th gear with the Fanatec shifter on many games that work fine with the th8a on a Thrustmaster wheel (Forza games). My modified TH8A shifters have great feel and are easy to get into gears. The Fanatec Shifter feels awkward and requires too much effort to get into reverse or 7th gear and on my Trakracer TR8 there is a lot of flex cause by the shIfter having so much leverage. Once the Logitech arrives I will give my impressions. Also looking forward to what shifter option Logitec will be offering in the near future.

What I currently own:

Logitech:
Driving Force Pro
Driving Force GT
G920 with shifter
G29 with shifter

Thrustmaster:
T150
T300
T500
TX Leather
TX Ferrari Italia
TS-XW
T-GT
T-GT

Fanatec:
CSR Elite
CSW 2.5
DD Pro GT (8NM)

Microsoft:

But why

The G Pro will be the 19 wheel I currently own and should be here Friday. I have a fanatec DD Pro GT and a T-GT and prefer the T-GT. I also love my TS-XW for Xbox. My complaints on the DD pro are that it will not register 7th gear with the fanatec shifter on many games that work fine with the th8a on a Thrustmaster wheel. My modified TH8A shifters have great feel and are easy to get into gears. The Fanatec Shifter feels awkward and requires too much efort to get into reverse or 7th gear and on my trakracer tr8 there is a lot of flex cause by the shIfter having so much leverage. Once the Logitech arrives I will give my impressions. Also looking forward to what shifter option logitec will be offering.

What I currently own:

Logitech:
Driving force pro
Because I can. I like to play older stuff. It also makes a great way to compare and see how far things have come over the years. Probably why I have 5 cars as well.

The G Pro will be the 19 wheel I currently own and should be here Friday. I have a fanatec DD Pro GT and a T-GT and prefer the T-GT. I also love my TS-XW for Xbox. My complaints on the DD pro are that it will not register 7th gear with the fanatec shifter on many games that work fine with the th8a on a Thrustmaster wheel. My modified TH8A shifters have great feel and are easy to get into gears. The Fanatec Shifter feels awkward and requires too much efort to get into reverse or 7th gear and on my trakracer tr8 there is a lot of flex cause by the shIfter having so much leverage. Once the Logitech arrives I will give my impressions. Also looking forward to what shifter option logitec will be offering.

What I currently own:

Logitech:
Driving force pro

Because I can. I like to play older stuff. It also makes a great way to compare and see how far things have come over the years. Probably why I have 5 cars as well.
Looking forward to your review, it will be worth reading since you can compare it to so many wheels. Specially to the GT DD Pro.

What I currently own:

Logitech:
Driving Force Pro
Driving Force GT
G920 with shifter
G29 with shifter

Thrustmaster:
T150
T300
T500
TX Leather
TX Ferrari Italia
TS-XW
T-GT
T-GT

Fanatec:
CSR Elite
CSW 2.5
DD Pro GT (8NM)

Microsoft:

Impressive list.

I'm super excited. I just ordered this Logitech G Pro racing wheel and Pedals on Monday 9-26-2022 (playstation5 version), and it will get here in a few business days. Time to take off my G29 racing wheel and pedals and get ready to mount this new beast onto the VR3 (ID# 109). You gotta love new tech like this. I'm making a big assumption that the mounting screw holes on the GPRO will be similar to the G29. If not, I'll need to figure out a way to mount it on the VR3. If anyone knows for sure, I would appreciate your feedback.

FYI: 15% discounts are all over the internet (google is your friend!) , but you'll need to order each item separately as the discount gets applied to the cheapest item only.

Wow wheel and pedal showed up this morning. Thank you to everyone at Logitech for manufacturing this wheel/pedal. A proper unboxing will have to wait till after work since i work from home and cant open it right now.

Attachments

• logitech_g_pro_wheel_pedal.jpg
    logitech_g_pro_wheel_pedal.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
It is interesting but really I don't like proprietary stuff being brought into the hobby. What we need is the open standards to be improved, not two or three different proprietary forks heading off in different directions.

It is interesting but really I don't like proprietary stuff being brought into the hobby. What we need is the open standards to be improved, not two or three different proprietary forks heading off in different directions.
Someone needs to go first. When sony introduced the dual analog sticks they were not available in other controllers and now they’re a staple. The same goes for rumble effects on controllers or even ffb you now see on every wheel.

I agree that if it’s only one brand doing it, not all software will implement it. But if no one does it, there’s no innovation.

Nice to see Logitech bring out a DD wheel, I wasn't expecting them to make Fanatec look like good value though. Doesn't help it also looks like a bigger brother of the G25.

Should be more reliable and in stock though so hopefully the price can come down, Logitech tend to have prices that fluctuate a lot.

It's pretty embarrassing for Fanatec, the official wheel of GT7 to be out of stock for so long.

It's back in stock in Spain, as you said.
I'm super excited. I just ordered this Logitech G Pro racing wheel and Pedals on Monday 9-26-2022 (playstation5 version), and it will get here in a few business days. Time to take off my G29 racing wheel and pedals and get ready to mount this new beast onto the VR3 (ID# 109). You gotta love new tech like this. I'm making a big assumption that the mounting screw holes on the GPRO will be similar to the G29. If not, I'll need to figure out a way to mount it on the VR3. If anyone knows for sure, I would appreciate your feedback.

FYI: 15% discounts are all over the internet (google is your friend!) , but you'll need to order each item separately as the discount gets applied to the cheapest item only.

Wow wheel and pedal showed up this morning. Thank you to everyone at Logitech for manufacturing this wheel/pedal. A proper unboxing will have to wait till after work since i work from home and cant open it right now.
Were you able to try it? 👀

Last edited:
I just can't fathom why anyone would consider paying over $1000 for anything made by Logitech when there are other options available that are cheaper and not made of plastic.
What other options are cheaper that are available?

I just can't fathom why anyone would consider paying over $1000 for anything made by Logitech when there are other options available that are cheaper and not made of plastic.
Product reliability and after-sales service
There are no Fanatec / Thrustmaster dealers in my country, and if something goes wrong with the equipment and needs to be returned for repair, it will be a considerable expense, almost to the point of buying another set.
And from my experience and network cases, Logitech's quality reliability is higher than Fanatec / Thrustmaster.

What other options are cheaper that are available?
Screen Shot 2022-10-04 at 09.06.41.png

$200 cheaper than the g-pro setup. likely better pedals than the g-pro already, but for an extra $100 you can get the CS V3s which are god tier. as a bonus, this setup is PC+PS+XB compatible, and much higher build quality if my previous experience with both brands is anything to go on.

Last edited:
Back