Logitech G Pro Racing Wheel

$200 cheaper than the g-pro setup. likely better pedals than the g-pro already, but for an extra $100 you can get the CS V3s which are god tier. as a bonus, this setup is PC+PS+XB compatible, and much higher build quality if my previous experience with both brands is anything to go on.
Problem with the DD Pro is poor FFB in GT7. You can't even notice the kerbs, and the car feels like it has a rubber band for a motor. I'm talking about the GT DD Pro which I tried for two weeks before returning it. I assume is the same base as you have there. Not Fanatec's fault, it's the game not sending FFB detail to the base (or so I have been told).

I haven't had that issue myself, and I use the GT DD Pro. Though I could totally understand PD doing something stupid like sending subpar data to the wheelbase and then having some incredibly convoluted protocol to give Logitech's base better data.

That being said, I don't play GT7 much anymore given the state of it, so I'm completely happy with the DD Pro setup for the stuff I play more often like ACC and F1.

Last edited:
Reliability
Lol
Everyone that i know here in Greece had many times the same issues with Logitech products.
Potentiometers infinite times, shifter paddles buttons, my friend's dfgt got fire, wheel position sensor and more.

The biggest problem is that even after warranty exchange the new product has the same problems again.

Of course i am talking about G25/27/29.

I suppose the new Gpro as a direct drive should be better in every way.

But every manufacturer has problems.

Personally i had problems with Logitech, with Thrustmaster and with Fanatec also. But the biggest problems i had were with Logitech.

Last edited:
Logitech has always been the least reliable peripheral brand for me. Thankfully, at least in the US, I've never had a problem getting replacements and their customer service is pretty good. However, I don't think I've had any "daily use" product I've ever gotten from them last more than a year. That being said, I've mostly had PC peripherals from them, only a couple of racing wheels (which I was unhappy with the quality of, but were reasonably inexpensive).

Fanatec I've had the opposite experience with. Their customer service isn't as good, but still good enough. Their RMA process takes a bit longer. But overall, their products actually seem to last. Out of ~10 or so things I've owned from them that have gotten heavy use, only one has ever had a problem, and while it took two weeks to get a replacement, I was satisfied enough with the overall experience that I wouldn't hesitate to buy again.

No experience with Thrustmaster, though. The couple of times I've had a chance to demo their products, they always felt "cheap", but that's the most I've done with them.

Last edited:
Lol
Everyone that i know here in Greece had many times the same issues with Logitech products.
Potentiometers infinite times, shifter paddles buttons, my friend's dfgt got fire, wheel position sensor and more.

The biggest problem is that even after warranty exchange the new product has the same problems again.

Of course i am talking about G25/27/29.

I suppose the new Gpro as a direct drive should be better in every way.

But every manufacturer has problems.

Personally i had problems with Logitech, with Thrustmaster and with Fanatec also. But the biggest problems i had were with Logitech.
I bought my G29 in November 2017 for GTS, I’ve done thousands of hours worth of driving in many games since then and it has barely given me any problems. Obviously the steering and paddles don’t feel as tight as they used to but that’s not a big deal.

I find it extremely hard to believe that the alternatives brands would last that long.

I bought my G29 in November 2017 for GTS, I’ve done thousands of hours worth of driving in many games since then and it has barely given me any problems. Obviously the steering and paddles don’t feel as tight as they used to but that’s not a big deal.

I find it extremely hard to believe that the alternatives brands would last that long.
Well my trusty csl elite ps4 (since November 2017) works in perfect condition in a friend's rig ( who had many problems with his g29). Also my TM T300 in an other's friend rig who had problems with his G29.
Csl elite had codewheel sensor problem in day one , but after i got a new sensor from Fanatec support it had no other problem since.
T300 had humming noise from the psu since day one. After TM repaired it it works fine since.

That is my personal experience.

Now i have a GT DD pro with no issues (fingers crossed lol)

Last edited:
The lack of reviews after the initial release is disturbing though. I mean reviews from normal players, which bought the wheel for themselves and have no affiliate programs and such.

Last edited:
As others have said you can knock down the price a little bit. I got the base for $849 and the pedals for $297. On the base I found out if you sign up for the Logitech newsletter they will knock off 15% On your first order. So I did one order for the base because if I tried to order the pedals at the same time it would automatically gave me the bundle price which was more. So I did the base order and got the discount then did another order for the pedals. This time my Microsoft Edge browser said coupons were available for this site so I applied that coupon and the discounts were applied to the pedal order. Both shipped free via FedEx. Everything arrived late today so tomorrow I will figure out how to attach to my old 4Play Racing 80/20 rig. I attached some rollers to this old rig and I can roll it over in front of the TV and my PS5. Looking forward to trying it out.

It's taken me way too long to reply but I wanted to say a massive thank you to everyone who responded to my question about using the analogue clutch paddles on the wheel for braking and throttle use.
Just knowing the option is there has made me hopeful that I'll be able to make the upgrade from the dualsense which only really gives good feedback in GT7 and games like F1 22 to something that will allow me to also enjoy the likes of ACC.
I'd better start saving!

The lack of reviews after the initial release is disturbing though. I mean reviews from normal players, which bought the wheel for themselves and have no affiliate programs and such.
There's a good clutch of them on the simracing subreddit, as well as various mentions in YouTube comments but also there's some countries whose shipments are only just happening due to those port delays I mentioned.

My original Logitech Driving Force™ wheel still works perfectly apart from the temperamental nitrous button.

Raced the clappers out of it in GT4, 5 & 6. Retail price was, IIRC, around $80 AU ($50 US) including the pedal set when I bought it.

Even back when GT6 was online peeps didn't believe me when I told them which wheel I was using, and now it's 10 years on top of that.

Point being that even Logitech's lowest-value, entry-level product has been outstandingly-reliable with zero tweaks or maintenance. Extrapolating my experience to the other end of the spectrum with the G Pro, I'd expect a stellar package both performance and reliability-wise.

My original Logitech Driving Force™ wheel still works perfectly apart from the temperamental nitrous button.

Raced the clappers out of it in GT4, 5 & 6. Retail price was, IIRC, around $80 AU ($50 US) including the pedal set when I bought it.

Even back when GT6 was online peeps didn't believe me when I told them which wheel I was using, and now it's 10 years on top of that.

Point being that even Logitech's lowest-value, entry-level product has been outstandingly-reliable with zero tweaks or maintenance. Extrapolating my experience to the other end of the spectrum with the G Pro, I'd expect a stellar package both performance and reliability-wise.
Oh yeah, I used to have that wheel as well.
I was ~11 when I got it, but it had enough force so in GT4 I really had difficulties keeping some of the faster cars in a straight line as the game had a terrible wobble on straights sometimes.

Unfortunately the power socket broke just before GT5 was released, then I made the jump to the DFGT

I clean the dust and pet hair on a regular basis. I also turn a lot of the in-game fbb settings down because they are usually too high for the G29, which I think really prolonged the life of my wheel.

The F1 games are the perfect example of this, the default settings in those games are particularly horrible. But I’m sure there are plenty of people who think that they’re just fine and dandy then wonder why their wheel doesn’t last as long as it should.

Last edited:
By George I did it! I just ordered it, so much money! :nervous::lol: . Will keep you guys informed of all the process. This will be the third wheel I try, after the T300RS and the GT DD Pro. Third is the charm, right? Crossing my fingers.

• Order date 8/10/2022
  • Update: 10/10/2022: recieved an email saying that the pedals have been shipped, not the wheelbase. Other buyers have reported delays in wheelbase delivery and receiving only the pedals. Even if it says that it's in stock in the website, it's not! Anyone else in the UK still having to wait for their Logitech G Pro Wheel?
  • Update: recieved pedals 13/10/2022
  • Update: 13/10/2022 recieved email saying that wheelbase have been shipped [I thought it was about the pedals being delivered, totally missed it!]. Estimated delivery for wheelbase 17/10/2022

Last edited:
Does every console version has its own license? Or is it a more of a software/hardware compatibly thing?
There’s a lot of complexity going on in the wheel already with Pro Wheel and G923 modes for each of the supported platforms. Based on our research, very few people still use the PS3 so we had to weigh that up against the expected hit to development.

By George I did it! I just ordered it, so much money! :nervous::lol: . Will keep you guys informed of all the process. This will be the third wheel I try, after the T300RS and the GT DD Pro. Third is the charm, right? Crossing my fingers.
Congrats mate!

I've a strong feeling that this one will be the charm.

As it's happening with many other, I just recieved the pedals... but no wheel+wheelbase.

pedals.jpg

This is torture.

Well, that's bound to happen occasionally with any multi-package shipping.

I feel your pain. Hang in there mate; it's obviously on its way!
Yes, but it seems wheelbase is not in stock, even if the website says it is. Some people had to wait 2 weeks, in Europe. US has stock and get everything in 2-3 days.

If anyone finds documentation on what each of the settings does, please post about it. I can't find any documentation, and since I'm a newbie with regards to sim racing, I have no idea what most of the settings are for. Thanks.

Back