Logitech G Pro Racing Wheel

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
@Monkey Man The issue here is that if the the game already sets the rotation to match 1:1 based on the wheel being set to its maximum rotation, then if you manually adjust the Angle of the wheel, it's going to be scaled within that maximum angle, which will mean different things for different cars. To put it another way, if you're setting the angle on the wheel to 360, you're already making the whole thing really sensitive; then, for a car with actual 900 degrees steering, that might not be too bad, but a car with actual 180 degree steering, it's going to be majorly sensitive.

The game will override the angle setting on loading so the easiest way to achieve what you want is to always have the wheel in one of the onboard modes when you start the game and then switch to your profile with 360 degrees set once it's loaded.

@FrankieStail We have a solution coming early next year that will enable the current shifter to work on the Pro Wheel. Everything else is roadmap questions that I can't answer, but it's clear that by having a QR system that we have plans. :)

Australia
Melbourne
Nicky-Boy_7
Thank you Rich!

The game will override the angle setting on loading so the easiest way to achieve what you want is to always have the wheel in one of the onboard modes when you start the game and then switch to your profile with 360 degrees set once it's loaded.
Sounds like this might be the solution for me 'cause I use the wheel to navigate the PS5, not a "controller".

Confused 'though:
One of the onboard modes? Sorry you've lost me there Rich.

Last edited:
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Thank you Rich!

Sounds like this might be the solution for me 'cause I use the wheel to navigate the PS5, not a "controller".

Confused 'though:
One of the onboard modes? Sorry you've lost me there Rich.
You've got five onboard profiles. Just use one as a "startup" profile for games, then switch to your profile with 360 set once the game has started.

United States
Michigan
vsfit
I keep getting a fluttering screen on the wheel, it doesn't recognize PC. I ordered the PS5 version. The screen flutters with/without wheel attached.

Edit: I've tried connecting to GHub but the option to choose PC does not show on wheel screen and the Ghub does not recognize the wheel being connected or is connected.
Tried all the USB ports on the PS5 as well.

Edit # 2: Computer and Ghub recognizes wheel but won't initialize.

Edit 3: I've had enough for one night, reaching out to support.

Last edited:
Australia
Melbourne
Nicky-Boy_7
Tried loading GT7 with a different profile and then switching back as suggested Rich.

Unfortunately it cost me an hour of mucking around with the FFB parameters 'cause of erratic high-torque anomalies. DoR kept changing every few minutes too.

Rebooted wheelbase with GT7 still-loaded and instantly back to where I was originally, which is in a great place except for having to manually change DoR on the base often. I can live with this if you guys can't lock it, but I do worry about wearing the encoder out by constantly dialling 900º+ down to 360.

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I keep getting a fluttering screen on the wheel, it doesn't recognize PC. I ordered the PS5 version. The screen flutters with/without wheel attached.

Edit: I've tried connecting to GHub but the option to choose PC does not show on wheel screen and the Ghub does not recognize the wheel being connected or is connected.
Tried all the USB ports on the PS5 as well.

Edit # 2: Computer and Ghub recognizes wheel but won't initialize.

Edit 3: I've had enough for one night, reaching out to support.
Hi there,
A video of the issue and what you're doing (power button press etc.) would be helpful. One thing I would ask that you check is that the power connector is fully inserted. It can have two "clicks" and if you stop at the first then it won't be fully in - make sure that it's bottomed out in the socket.

@Monkey Man it could be that GT7 is automatically setting the angle per car and that's what's switching the angle for you. Don't worry about the dial though - it's good for a LOT of actuations.

United States
Michigan
vsfit
Hi there,
A video of the issue and what you're doing (power button press etc.) would be helpful. One thing I would ask that you check is that the power connector is fully inserted. It can have two "clicks" and if you stop at the first then it won't be fully in - make sure that it's bottomed out in the socket.

@Monkey Man it could be that GT7 is automatically setting the angle per car and that's what's switching the angle for you. Don't worry about the dial though - it's good for a LOT of actuations.
Hi Rich,
Thanks for responding.
I went to my real-world race car this morning and removed a few of our GoPros and will hook these up to my rig later today to video everything. I spent a fair amount of time with tech support last night going through everything but will try the power cable again later today.

I was able to run four laps around Spa last night before I lost steering and pedal function and was pretty impressed with whatever the standard settings were, definitely going to see this through and make the switch to the Logitech. Same thing on ACC, much better than the DD Pro which I thought was pretty good in ACC.

Here's what I'm reporting as issues with the wheel

1. The display window on the wheel does not stop fluttering when you power the wheel up. It continually blinks and flashes a mix of information until I'm actually able to enter a game, however I cannot access any of the wheel settings at any point.
  2. There is no option on the display window to choose PC mode, however if you just rotate the knob one-click past ps4/5 options where the PC mode would normally be displayed, and push the same knob to enter, it will enter PC mode.
  3. No matter what game (GT7 or ACC) I try to play (PS5 mode) the wheel suddenly loses input (steering and pedal function) and the RPM LED locks in place, I have to unplug the wheel to get it to shut off, the power button does not work.
  4. I'm able to connect to the Ghub and the wheel responds as it should with displaying the wheel rotation and pedal function but then suddenly loses connection or input?.
  5. It took several attempts on a brand new computer to get the wheel to initialize on the PC, sometimes it connects and sometimes it takes multiple attempts before it connects.
  6. I've tried all three USB ports on my PS5 only to have it repeat the same issues.
  7. The pedals and wheel are fixed mounted to my rig, I hand tightened then went a couple mm past that point.
I've attached a quick video I did yesterday.

Attachments

• GPro Wheel.mov.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Yep, that's definitely not right!

Couple of questions:
  • How long are the M6 bolts that you're securing the wheel with?
  • If you try the USB cable from the Pro Pedals does that make any difference?

United States
Michigan
vsfit
Yep, that's definitely not right!

Couple of questions:
  • How long are the M6 bolts that you're securing the wheel with?
  • If you try the USB cable from the Pro Pedals does that make any difference?
Very short, 10mm or less I think with lock washer. I was a little nervous about over tightening them so I initially hand tightened them then went a couple mm's past that. I'll post in the video.
Haven't tried switching the cable but can.

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Very short, 10mm or less I think with lock washer. I was a little nervous about over tightening them so I initially hand tightened them then went a couple mm's past that. I'll post in the video.
Haven't tried switching the cable but can.
Yeah the bolts shouldn't encroach any further than 15mm inside the wheel base, so it sounds like you're good there. Let me know if the cable change makes any difference.