Logitech G Pro Racing Wheel

@LOGI_Rich OK the PC titles on the official logitech website that are supposed to work in Pro Mode seem to be the ones that I'm having trouble with so I tried two more titles, project cars 2 and cart craft and they to have no force feedback.

I'm unable to find a list of PC titles that are Pro mode only and Not Trueforce to further test this theory so I would be grateful if you could part me in our erection of PC titles that are supposed to work with this wheel without Trueforce and use the basic in game force feedback please?

So at the moment only G923 Mode titles like Assetto Corsa Competizione, Automobilista 2, Dirt Rally 2.0 work with force feedback, do these titles have to have Trueforce Enabled I can't remember but I'll test them again without Trueforce in the meantime you kindly investigate?

Edit: OKAY with further testing I think I can now confirm that currently my wheel only works in PS5 [Don't have PS4] & G923 mode for force feedback whilst the game is running. I've tested this theory with Assetto Corsa Competizione this is the only title according to the Logitech official website settings list that can work in both Pro/G923 mode I'm the only works in the G923 mode for force feedback.

I'm not sure where I go from here, do I return this wheel as faulty or can it be rescued with a firmware or G hub update?

Last edited:
You’ll note that we’ve got both vanilla and CM screen grabs on the settings page 🙂

It looks like things still aren’t installed correctly though based on your description, so you may need to wait for this next release of G HUB to address it. Or are you saying that it works fine in every other title?

Greetings,

Recently purchased the Logitech G Pro wheel and pedal set. I've been having issues connecting to PS5 (specifically playing GT7, PS5 version).

The set up connects successfully to G Hub on my PC (latest firmware was installed), but I don't have any games to test it with on there. But from G Hub all inputs seem to be reading correctly and I experience no issues.

I've mostly failed connecting to the PS5. I am not sure if I am missing a step in the process, but I have tried multiple methods and only been able to connect once, briefly. The one time that worked I was able to verify inputs were read from the menu in GT7. Lasted only a couple minutes before it seems like it restarted or perhaps lost power.

Generally what happens when I power on the wheel, I select PS5 from the menu and then nothing happens and powers off.

I have an uninterruptible power supply that my PC is connected to, it was going to be my next step to test. I can't say for certain that my power is reliable or maintains a stable voltage, I do not have the tool to test this, all I know is none of my other devices have ever had problems. But I can't rule it out.

I just wanted to see if anyone had experienced similar issues to this or maybe a method they use to successfully connect and maintain that connection.

As info, this is my second Logitech G Pro wheel. The first I had was a defective unit that couldn't even connect to my PC and was returned. So I've made a lot more progress from that unit, but the experience so far has been a bit frustrating, if I'm honest.

You’ll note that we’ve got both vanilla and CM screen grabs on the settings page 🙂

It looks like things still aren’t installed correctly though based on your description, so you may need to wait for this next release of G HUB to address it. Or are you saying that it works fine in every other title?
The vanilla screen grab is from your official Logitech page which I included as reference only as I'm using the CM screen but I was asking if using CM could be the issue?

Looks like I need to wait for the next version of G hub as the ALL Pro mode only titles that I've tested from the official Logitech website here [Assetto Corsa, F1 2022, KartKraft, Project Cars 2] have no Force feedback.

However as I haven't read of others having this issue I'm leaning to the fact that I think that the wheel is faulty as only G923 And PS5 mode seems to be working with force feedback..

Greetings,

......The set up connects successfully to G Hub on my PC (latest firmware was installed), but I don't have any games to test it with on there. But from G Hub all inputs seem to be reading correctly and I experience no issues.......
Maybe test it on the PC side with trial versions of games on steam or epic store? Also I'm sure you've tried removing the UPS from the equation by plugging it directly into the power outlet

@optical10 The Wheel definitely isn’t faulty- it’s a software issue as I mentioned. Pro mode should be fine with Trueforce titles though; one thing on that, make sure you’re not switching mode whilst in the game - always quit the game first, change the mode and then start the game.

Maybe test it on the PC side with trial versions of games on steam or epic store? Also I'm sure you've tried removing the UPS from the equation by plugging it directly into the power outlet
Good idea about trial versions, I will try that.

So far I've only tested plugged into a wall outlet. UPS has not been tested yet. I suspect it's not a power issue that I'm having since I don't seem to have any issues connected to my PC, but I just want to test multiple ways to make sure.

This is my first time using a wheel set up, so I'm not sure if there is something I'm missing in the process.

@optical10 The Wheel definitely isn’t faulty- it’s a software issue as I mentioned. Pro mode should be fine with Trueforce titles though; one thing on that, make sure you’re not switching mode whilst in the game - always quit the game first, change the mode and then start the game.
@LOGI_Rich Yeah I always quit the game first and then change the mode and then start the game again.

Just had chance to try race room experience for the first time, this is a pro mode title only when you go to the in game control option screen the force feedback tab is greyed out whereas on your official Logitech website that tab is available and needed to make the necessary changes so either this firmware or the G hub has knocked out the full set force feedback information going to the pro mode titles.

My wheel can't be only one with this issue, why haven't others complained about this is, my version of the firmware or software different than everybody else?

I'm hoping that if the pro mode isn't controlled by a separate circuit board chip and it isn't faulty on my wheel!

If you're using different or beta firmware or software please send it my way please?

1673180560974.png

Last edited:
Don’t get confused between Pro mode and G923 mode. All either mode does is just make the wheel appear as that wheel to the PC/console. For PC titles like Codemasters ones where they have wheel profiles built into them that correctly map the button numbers so that you get the correct button prompts, that’s where it can make things easier. Dirt Rally 2.0, for example, doesn’t have a built in profile for the Pro Wheel so that’s why we recommend the G923 mode so you get the correct button prompts.

Where that doesn’t matter because the game doesn’t perform that sort of button prompt remapping (Raceroom, iRacing, AC etc.) we recommend sticking with the Pro mode.

Both modes support Trueforce and DirectInput force feedback and this is where your issue is: DirectInput force feedback isn’t working correctly due to a software installation issue. The di_ffb_manager trick that I gave you before was an attempt to solve that, but it hasn’t worked.

Are you saying that the G923 mode does have FFB in Raceroom and AC?

@LOGI_Rich:

I just wanted to say that I've done a TON of support over the years, and you're really good at it. You're specific without being overly wordy, and you have an excellent knowledge of the subject at hand. You're not condescending, and don't seem to lose your patience - at least, not that you show. :) And you're quick to respond.

We're very fortunate to have you here. If there's anything we can do to let your superiors know what a good job you're doing, let us know.

Thanks!

PS: I may have complimented you previously, I can't remember. But if so, you've earned more than one compliment. :)

@GlockPants there was someone a few pages back who had problems very similar to what you described, not recognised on PC and intermittent PS connectivity. What solved it for them was to make sure the wheel was fully seated onto the quick release of the base. It needs a good clonk apparently. It might seem obvious but I thought I'd mention it just in case. 👍

Are you saying that the G923 mode does have FFB in Raceroom and AC?
Even though the official Logitech website says that Raceroom and AC don't have a G928 mode that supports FFB out of frustration I did try and they both didn't work, In fact for both titles Not only didn't have FFB but the pedal input didn't Function whereas in pro mode all the axis and inputs were fine but no FFB.

@GrumpyOldMan Thanks! I’d be even happier if I could get @optical10 fully working!

@optical10 This all backs up what I was saying then - the directinput force feedback isn’t working correctly. Trueforce works because it’s a completely different interface, but we definitely need to try and get you up and running correctly with directinput too. I’ll need to check in with the software team tomorrow to see where we are with the next release. In the meantime, one more thing to try:

Delete the registry keys for the wheel and see if it starts working when you plug it back in again. Look at this video and follow the directions for where to go in your registry:

Unplug the wheel and delete any keys that start with VID046D in both locations that the video suggests. Once you’ve done that, plug the wheel in and then give it another try to see if the issue is solved.

Even though the official Logitech website says that Raceroom and AC don't have a G928 mode that supports FFB out of frustration I did try and they both didn't work, In fact for both titles Not only didn't have FFB but the pedal input didn't Function whereas in pro mode all the axis and inputs were fine but no FFB.
Not having this problem at all, don’t own that wheel…yet. But I’m going to pipe in with something to try as I’ve been having issues with my headset recently. Out of nowhere for some reason in order for it to work I have to boot up my PS5, unplug the wireless dongle out the front port then plug it back in again. Then my headset works until I rest mode my PS5 again.
Just thinking if you have your wheel plugged into the front USB port you could try that.

Boot up, unplug, wait a few seconds and plug back in.

Unplug the wheel and delete any keys that start with VID046D in both locations that the video suggests. Once you’ve done that, plug the wheel in and then give it another try to see if the issue is solved.
@LOGI_Rich: That video only shows one location, "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\"

And deleting those folders hasn't worked can you give me both locations you're referring to please?

1673194391692.png

Last edited:
Not having this problem at all, don’t own that wheel…yet. But I’m going to pipe in with something to try as I’ve been having issues with my headset recently. Out of nowhere for some reason in order for it to work I have to boot up my PS5, unplug the wireless dongle out the front port then plug it back in again. Then my headset works until I rest mode my PS5 again.
Just thinking if you have your wheel plugged into the front USB port you could try that.

Thanks but I'm on the PC troubleshooting Issues with FFB as the PS5 f the wheel works fine and I only use the front USB and I've had no issues

Greetings,

Recently purchased the Logitech G Pro wheel and pedal set. I've been having issues connecting to PS5 (specifically playing GT7, PS5 version).

The set up connects successfully to G Hub on my PC (latest firmware was installed), but I don't have any games to test it with on there. But from G Hub all inputs seem to be reading correctly and I experience no issues.

I've mostly failed connecting to the PS5. I am not sure if I am missing a step in the process, but I have tried multiple methods and only been able to connect once, briefly. The one time that worked I was able to verify inputs were read from the menu in GT7. Lasted only a couple minutes before it seems like it restarted or perhaps lost power.

Generally what happens when I power on the wheel, I select PS5 from the menu and then nothing happens and powers off.

I have an uninterruptible power supply that my PC is connected to, it was going to be my next step to test. I can't say for certain that my power is reliable or maintains a stable voltage, I do not have the tool to test this, all I know is none of my other devices have ever had problems. But I can't rule it out.

I just wanted to see if anyone had experienced similar issues to this or maybe a method they use to successfully connect and maintain that connection.

As info, this is my second Logitech G Pro wheel. The first I had was a defective unit that couldn't even connect to my PC and was returned. So I've made a lot more progress from that unit, but the experience so far has been a bit frustrating, if I'm honest.
I replied to the wrong person, don’t know how to delete it and reply to you instead, it was you having ps5 issues, see my reply to optical10

Very final thing to try: rerun that di_ffb_manager command line again now and let me know if it still isn’t working.

@GlockPants there was someone a few pages back who had problems very similar to what you described, not recognised on PC and intermittent PS connectivity. What solved it for them was to make sure the wheel was fully seated onto the quick release of the base. It needs a good clonk apparently. It might seem obvious but I thought I'd mention it just in case. 👍
Thanks, though it does seem the wheel is fully seated into the base.

Strangely enough, when I select the PC mode first, turn off, then restart the wheel in PS5 mode, it will usually stay on. However, as soon as I press the PS button to connect, it will recognize the device then the wheel immediately disconnects but the pedal inputs are still being picked up by the game. I can repeat the results if I power off the wheel and restart in PC mode.

Similarly, if I don't press the PS button and try to turn the wheel while in PS5 mode the wheel goes slack, no ffb, and has to be powered off. While in PC mode, even while connected to my PS5, the ffb remains and wheel functions.

I feel like it's possibly something wrong with the actual PS5 mode on the device that is causing the failure.

I'm stumped, but I certainly appreciate the ideas from everyone!

Very final thing to try: rerun that di_ffb_manager command line again now and let me know if it still isn’t working.

LOGI_Rich Sorry no joy, did see the reset calibration on the wheel and heard it on windows 11 so obviously the command went through but it didn't solve the problem.​

@optical10 sorry! Leave it with us and we’ll try and get a software update out ASAP that solves this for you.

@GlockPants do try reseating the wheel anyway. Also, try choosing PS4 mode (spoiler: for you guys with current hardware, it actually makes no difference - both modes run on either console - but curious to see if it changes anything!)

Strangely enough, when I select the PC mode first, turn off, then restart the wheel in PS5 mode, it will usually stay on. However, as soon as I press the PS button to connect, it will recognize the device then the wheel immediately disconnects but the pedal inputs are still being picked up by the game. I can repeat the results if I power off the wheel and restart in PC mode.

Similarly, if I don't press the PS button and try to turn the wheel while in PS5 mode the wheel goes slack, no ffb, and has to be powered off. While in PC mode, even while connected to my PS5, the ffb remains and wheel functions.

I feel like it's possibly something wrong with the actual PS5 mode on the device that is causing the failure.

My usb dongle is seated properly in the front USB port on my ps5 but it still doesn’t matter, for some reason I’ve had to start unplugging the dongle then plugging it back in before my headset links up. Worth a try, it’s a five second test.

Just for some balance, my wheel has been working absolutely fine with GT7 from the outset :) I haven't plugged it in to the PC yet so it's still on the original firmware it shipped with (with TF and FFB settings still distinct)

It does seem to need me to set the parameters again on first start up (as in, the wheel's first power up) and it resets rotation to 900, but that doesn't take long at all and as I say, it's not on the latest firmware yet so haven't given it much thought.

It feels absolutely fantastic, although jumping from a G25 after 15 years, it was always going to be a bit of an improvement!

Last edited:
Just for some balance, my wheel has been working absolutely fine with GT7 from the outset :) I haven't plugged it in to the PC yet so it's still on the original firmware it shipped with (with TF and FFB settings still distinct)

It does seem to need me to set the parameters again on first start up (as in, the wheel's first power up) and it resets rotation to 900, but that doesn't take long at all and as I say, it's not on the latest firmware yet so haven't given it much thought.

It feels absolutely fantastic, although jumping from a G25 after 15 years, it was always going to be a bit of an improvement!
Can you describe the difference In detail? I know that might be tough but try haha

I'm not sure if this will help, but...
I power off my PS5 when not using. I've found I have to wait for the PS5 to power back on (when I see the home screen) BEFORE I power up the wheel. I cannot remember what was happening or not happening that lead me to this solution.
Best of luck.

@Andy M If the wheel is enabled too quickly on PS startup and then you jump into a Trueforce title then you might find that Trueforce mode isn't working. Usually though, if you quit the game and then start it back up again then the Trueforce mode will be working again.

If you wait until the profile login screen appears, then turn the wheel on and use it to login then you'll be fine.

@Andy M If the wheel is enabled too quickly on PS startup and then you jump into a Trueforce title then you might find that Trueforce mode isn't working. Usually though, if you quit the game and then start it back up again then the Trueforce mode will be working again.

If you wait until the profile login screen appears, then turn the wheel on and use it to login then you'll be fine.
Which is what I do. Don't ask me how I figured this out, but in case it helps GlockPants...

Been testing a few things you all have suggested. I took some videos of my testing, not sure if they'll show up.

But first, just a picture of how the wheel is seated to the base ...
1000000264.jpg

My process that I've had most success so far is this:
  1. Start with all plugs disconnected to base and unplugged from PS5.
  2. Connect USB to PS5.
  3. Connect main USB, pedals USB, and power to wheel base.
  4. Power on wheel, select PC mode, turn off wheel.
  5. Power on wheel, select PS5 mode.
  6. With Dual Sense controller connected, press PS button on wheel.
Note: there was a post some pages back with recommended settings for the wheel and game settings. I'm using those.

I took some video of my testing, but I don't know a way to upload those.

With my process above, I was able to complete a Sunday Cup race, but the wheel disconnected afterward (I suspect my controller turned off, I since changed settings to never turn off). I have been able to repeat these results with a varying degree of success. The wheel will sometimes still disconnect, but I have had a session now that lasted 10 minutes or more.
@GlockPants do try reseating the wheel anyway. Also, try choosing PS4 mode (spoiler: for you guys with current hardware, it actually makes no difference - both modes run on either console - but curious to see if it changes anything!)
PS4 mode does seem to work, too. But I haven't noticed if it is any more successful than PS5 mode.

Thanks for all the great recommendations!
I think from here on out, I just need to get lucky with an initialization that lasts.

Back