Logitech G Pro Racing Wheel

Single player sooner or later ends or becomes a little bit boring if you play it everyday. To keep the interest the game should have a good multiplayer experience, which GT7 doesn't have. Racing is disaster. ACC on PS5 is a little bit dead with a lot of bugs. So, the only way to enjoy the wheel is to move to PC where the real simracing experience is, imho.

Last edited:
I disagree with pretty much everything you said, but with this specifically.

I also don't think playing retro games is exactly moving on, but you do you.

I just hope you stop lingering in the respective threads trying to ruin it for everybody.
I highly recommend G Pro wheel, don’t get me wrong. But, if you use the wheel only for GT7, as I was, I don't recommend it. Not now, maybe in the future, when PD decides, that we can have full power from the base. Logitech is ok, it's not Logitech's fault.

Problem is with PD and Gran Turismo. GT was always a semi-arcade game, convinient on controller. Now they are aiming towards simulation, you can feel massive change in steering between GT5 and GT7. BUT they have started to allow powerful DD bases to work with GT7. But who also play GT7? Kids. Kids who may get hurt from these wheels. GT7 tries at the same time to be nice entry level racing game for Kids and competitive esport simulation game. This is bad. I don't think weak kids play ACC or iRacing. These sims are to hard for them.

I'm playing GT5 now, I remember back then there were also problems. Now, since 2014 this is a completed game, finished product. And back then people also used wheels. But how much power had these wheels? 1 Nm? 2 Nm? These were toys, toys for a semi-arcade game.

GT7 is trying to be everything at once.

Try GT5, GT6, even GT2 or any PS3/PS1 game on OLED TV (I have Sony, I don't know whether TV's from other brand's also look like this). The TV tries somehow to implement HDR in the game. Looks very good.

Retro is the best direction for me, I was struggling with modern games. I love the graphics, I love simplicity, game is a game.

I will observe. I don't say, that I won't buy G Pro again. Or I won’t buy PSVR2 again. I have money for these devices, but I don't have space for devices that are collecting dust. And these devices were collecting dust, because they didn't give me fun, that I was expecting.

Someone wrote in this thread, that we should buy things for what they are, and not for we wished they were. And that's the truth. I was not informed by anyone, neither Logitech nor PD, that the wheel will be weak. So I was using it for months, wishing it had 11 Nm someday...

@Jumboboy 1:40 - you've got the Vibration function for P1 turned OFF :) Sorry, I didn't even think to ask that, but I suspect that's what's doing it.

Omg I feel stupid 😅😅
Thank you Rich ❤️❤️

I turned it off just around the update, bad coincidence, because I got irritated of the controller vibrated on the table and thought it was only affecting the DualSense controller and not the wheel 😅

Omg I feel stupid 😅😅
Thank you Rich ❤️❤️

I turned it off just around the update, bad coincidence, because I got irritated of the controller vibrated on the table and thought it was only affecting the DualSense controller and not the wheel 😅
Ah it's easy to miss these things - thanks for showing that in the video otherwise I'd probably still be stumped :-)

Do also remember that you don't need the DualSense on at all when using the wheel.

Ah it's easy to miss these things - thanks for showing that in the video otherwise I'd probably still be stumped :-)

Do also remember that you don't need the DualSense on at all when using the wheel.

I use it for chat and handbrake so I need it on 😄

Yep, I posted them a few pages ago when it came out - currently waiting for clarification on Trueforce support in the Xbox version before we post them up officially.

Wheel settings

Strength: 11
TF Audio: 100
FFB Filter: 8
Dampener: 15
Angle: 1080 (make sure you calibrate in-game in order to then get the soft lock feature working, which adjusts the rotation angle on a per car basis).

I'll probably be making some adjustments to this before the final version - bringing up the wheel or tyre friction maybe - but I need to spend more time with the game.

1701332960354.png

Yep, I posted them a few pages ago when it came out - currently waiting for clarification on Trueforce support in the Xbox version before we post them up officially.

Wheel settings

Strength: 11
TF Audio: 100
FFB Filter: 8
Dampener: 15
Angle: 1080 (make sure you calibrate in-game in order to then get the soft lock feature working, which adjusts the rotation angle on a per car basis).

I'll probably be making some adjustments to this before the final version - bringing up the wheel or tyre friction maybe - but I need to spend more time with the game.

View attachment 1307632
Thanks man! Appreciate it!

What the "centering wheel" means in the latest FW notes? I haven't checked for new FW since the beginning of the summer. Is it extra option in the FW in the wheel base or just a fix for something that was not working correctly?

Last edited:
It is just a way to calibrate the steering wheel if it is not centered. There were users for whom it was not centered, so you can now calibrate it.

No wheel = no need for PSVR2

The first was faulty so I sold it, the second was ok, but no need for it.

I've played 700 hours in GT7, I had hope for Spec II update but it was fun for 10 hours.

Time to move on, I'll wait for GT8.

I'm focused on retro games now, NES, PS1, PS3.
If you think GT8 won’t be full of patches you are completely out of touch.
On one sentence you’re lamenting the fact you can’t get the full 11 N-m yet a few sentences later you’re also complaining that GT7 is supporting wheelbases that can harm kids that play the game. So PD is damned if they do and damned if they don’t.
I also don’t get the insistence on telling people you’re playing old games because of it, you’re not a kid so there’s that. This subforum is for content related to the wheel, not your personal blog.
Personally I have the G Pro, GT7 and a VR2 and they’re well worth the price of entry. (Lack of a shifter aside)

Last edited:
I'd like to hear some FB from drivers that want and need the full potential of the wheel they paid for when PD unlock it.

Pretty sure they will end using it at max 6-8nm at the end after the LOL effect at first.

If you don't agree just try to use it in ACC on PC or rf2 but not just for test purposes but consistent practice and competitive racing for a week or month.

Last edited:
I'd like to hear some FB from drivers that want and need the full potential of the wheel they paid for when PD unlock it.

Pretty sure they will end using it at max 6-8nm at the end after the LOL effect at first.

If you don't agree just try to use it in ACC on PC or rf2 but not just for test purposes but consistent practice and competitive racing for a week or month.
If PD ups the strength, I’ll probably just end up turning it down. I’m running it fairly high right now but not full. If you’re in a race car with racing soft tires, it’s almost too much. I can’t imagine trying to drive with it like that at full power? I’ve never driven any car that had that heavy of steering. The only one was maybe my first car with macpherson strut… and that was only heavy in parking lots. Once you’re rolling it was light steering. Actually preferred that you could feel the road better than anything with power steering.

I‘m all for them increasing the strength it just means I’ll be decreasing mine. I already have two profiles set up. One for comfort and sports tires and one for racing tires. Even the sports soft on the right car is quite heavy.

If PD ups the strength, I’ll probably just end up turning it down. I’m running it fairly high right now but not full. If you’re in a race car with racing soft tires, it’s almost too much. I can’t imagine trying to drive with it like that at full power? I’ve never driven any car that had that heavy of steering. The only one was maybe my first car with macpherson strut… and that was only heavy in parking lots. Once you’re rolling it was light steering. Actually preferred that you could feel the road better than anything with power steering.

I‘m all for them increasing the strength it just means I’ll be decreasing mine. I already have two profiles set up. One for comfort and sports tires and one for racing tires. Even the sports soft on the right car is quite heavy.

Maybe the FFB is just fine, but the big variety of cars, classes and also tire models make FFB feel inconsistent.

Anyway I haven't find the need to use anything more than FB strength more than 6 so far, considering gain in the base is at 11nm.

Maybe the FFB is just fine, but the big variety of cars, classes and also tire models make FFB feel inconsistent.

Anyway I haven't find the need to use anything more than FB strength more than 6 so far, considering gain in the base is at 11nm.
I’m at 8. Was at 9 but I swear the update it changed. Who knows. But I turn it down on profile 2 for racing tires. It’s a bit annoying because I usually forget until I start running laps. IMO the differences are a bit too large. Not by much but it could be reduced. Comfort has to come up some, racing has to come down some.

I’m at 8. Was at 9 but I swear the update it changed. Who knows. But I turn it down on profile 2 for racing tires. It’s a bit annoying because I usually forget until I start running laps. IMO the differences are a bit too large. Not by much but it could be reduced. Comfort has to come up some, racing has to come down some.

My personal opinion is that having different profiles with lvl of FB for different cars / tires is not right. You will never make the difference between different cars, tires models and you will never find the FFB of the wheel right.

Yeah it's a game at the end but I find this method quite unrealistic. In RL you get in the car and try to adapt to its steering, brake, tires, seating position and so on and so forth. One car is more comfortable than the other and it's different for everyone. I use the same approach in the game, as much as possible.

To achieve this and actually feel every car in the game different, I have to use a static FFB not changing FFB each time, default tires and suspension, cockpit view to have good driving experience. Tweaking your favourite cars is another story.

Last edited:
In GT7, when going over the kerbs, is there a combination of settings that would make the tyres feel more like rubber, and not so much like skateboard wheels?

In GT7, when going over the kerbs, is there a combination of settings that would make the tyres feel more like rubber, and not so much like skateboard wheels?
Increasing the dampener setting might help with that, it can smooth out the rapid forces through the wheel. Too much though and it'll deaden the experience.

My personal opinion is that having different profiles with lvl of FB for different cars / tires is not right. You will never make the difference between different cars, tires models and you will never find the FFB of the wheel right.

Yeah it's a game at the end but I find this method quite unrealistic. In RL you get in the car and try to adapt to its steering, brake, tires, seating position and so on and so forth. One car is more comfortable than the other and it's different for everyone. I use the same approach in the game, as much as possible.

To achieve this and actually feel every car in the game different, I have to use a static FFB not changing FFB each time, default tires and suspension, cockpit view to have good driving experience. Tweaking your favourite cars is another story.
The issue is, in my opinion, comfort medium tires almost feel like non existent FFB if I keep it all the same. I highly doubt a 69 Camaro on comfort medium tires feels light as a feather to turn but you have to muscle the wheel if you put sports soft tires on it. It’s the real driving simulator after all. Did these cars not having power steering? MAYBE at a slow speed turning the wheel you’d feel a difference but not at 40mph.

I’m all for adapting. But we run cars with comfort tires anD sports tires a fair amount so I set up what feels best and most realistic for those, requiring me to create a Racing Tires profile as it’s way too heavy using the comfort and sport tires setting. Not much is changed, FFB level turned down and some dampener added in and that other setting I forget the name of it. Might be called sensitivity.

Is here someone who play rfactor 2 on g pro? I tried it and in my opinion it feels like trash ;p very grainy and robotic ffb. I tried different settings and didn find anything better. What are your thoughts about it? I play that game first time but read good opinions. But it’s night to day in comparison with acc, gt7 or i racing for me. Maybe g pro isn’t compatibilie with it?

Is here someone who play rfactor 2 on g pro? I tried it and in my opinion it feels like trash ;p very grainy and robotic ffb. I tried different settings and didn find anything better. What are your thoughts about it? I play that game first time but read good opinions. But it’s night to day in comparison with acc, gt7 or i racing for me. Maybe g pro isn’t compatibilie with it?

I haven't played it so can't comment on how good/bad they are.

Last edited:

I play rf2 and the FFB is amazing maybe the best of all Sims even ACC.

Setting in the base

Gain - 11nm
Damper - 30
FFB filter - 10
Angle - 1080

In the game. Note that the FFB is per car , per livery so if you choose same car but different livery it won't remember the settings. You need to setup it again for that specific car/livery.

FFB filter / smoothing I keep it at 0 but you may use 1 or 2 up to 3. FFB will be even smoother, but you will lose some fine details of the FFB.

Gain per car is by default 100 and it's alot in every car with those wheel base settings. By alot I mean wheel is so strong it can actually hurt you or you have feeling you will brake it.
I'm using something between 70 - 90 depending on the car class and it's super fine for me, usually I set it at 80 -+ 5 and It's ok. I check that before I start to drive a car to see if it's ok.

Rf2 have different approach to FFB settings than the other Sims which in first seams strange but you get use to it with the time.

If you need further help let me know.✌️

Last edited:
I play rf2 and the FFB is amazing maybe the best of all Sims even ACC.

Setting in the base

Gain - 11nm
Damper - 30
FFB filter - 10
Angle - 1080

In the game. Note that the FFB is per car , per livery so if you choose same car but different livery it won't remember the settings. You need to setup it again for that specific car/livery.

FFB filter / smoothing I keep it at 0 but you may use 1 or 2 up to 3. FFB will be even smoother, but you will lose some fine details of the FFB.

Gain per car is by default 100 and it's alot in every car with those wheel base settings. By alot I mean wheel is so strong it can actually hurt you or you have feeling you will brake it.
I'm using something between 70 - 90 depending on the car class and it's super fine for me, usually I set it at 80 -+ 5 and It's ok. I check that before I start to drive a car to see if it's ok.

Rf2 have different approach to FFB settings than the other Sims which in first seams strange but you get use to it with the time.

If you need further help let me know.✌️
Thank you, I wił try it, but I thing I tested similar settings yesterday. The problem is ffb in rf2 feel so “clicky” and when I try smooth it with filter, damper and smooth option in sim then I loose all detailes. Is it a different if I reguleted gain by general game gain rather then car specific? I was testing it using one car one livery and one truck. BMW M4 gt3 in Malaysia. For me best ffb is definitely in ACC. I feel traction, weigh distribution and suspension working great. And every thing is constant, I always know what’s is going on. In rf2 it feels rugged, uneven, grainy and clicky. Like a car would jump on bumps on corners

Back