Logitech G Pro Racing Wheel

The F1 games are the perfect example of this, the default settings in those games are particularly horrible. But I’m sure there are plenty of people who think that they’re just fine and dandy then wonder why their wheel doesn’t last as long as it should.
The vast majority of people wouldn't recognize actually good FFB if it knocked on their door. The general consensus is that the heavier it is and the more details it has, the better it is, regardless of if the car being driven should be heavy to begin with or if the details should be felt in the first place.

Particularly the latter has a lot to do with the GT7 FFB being seen as subpar as it doesn't give the amount of detail people are used to, while in reality PD has taken a different approach to everyone else - not worse, but very different. Their version of FFB only submits the things that are actually felt through the wheel, not the ones that are felt through the car body.

Rumble strips are a good example, in reality they give very little actual feedback through the wheel but rattle the entire car. Everyone with a driving license (and access to a car) can test this, drive on a particularly jarring road surface with the lightest possible touch of the wheel and take note how much it moves around. Over the years people have got used to the wheel shaking when driving over kerbs which might be immersive, but not realistic. That's where the T-DFB (Thrustmaster) and Trueforce (Logitech) come in, they give the rumble without affecting the actual FFB effects.

The vast majority of people wouldn't recognize actually good FFB if it knocked on their door. The general consensus is that the heavier it is and the more details it has, the better it is, regardless of if the car being driven should be heavy to begin with or if the details should be felt in the first place.

Particularly the latter has a lot to do with the GT7 FFB being seen as subpar as it doesn't give the amount of detail people are used to, while in reality PD has taken a different approach to everyone else - not worse, but very different. Their version of FFB only submits the things that are actually felt through the wheel, not the ones that are felt through the car body.

Rumble strips are a good example, in reality they give very little actual feedback through the wheel but rattle the entire car. Everyone with a driving license (and access to a car) can test this, drive on a particularly jarring road surface with the lightest possible touch of the wheel and take note how much it moves around. Over the years people have got used to the wheel shaking when driving over kerbs which might be immersive, but not realistic. That's where the T-DFB (Thrustmaster) and Trueforce (Logitech) come in, they give the rumble without affecting the actual FFB effects.
That's very interesting and makes a lot of sense... Problem is we only have the wheel to get all the sensations from the car. Well, there are now those vibrating haptic transducers you can install under your cockpit, that would be a way to separate vibrations you feel through the wheel or through the structure of the car.

IMG_20221017_131057519.jpg

The beast has arrived!!! Now I need to be calm, finish my work, clean the room, and then start mounting it!

Last edited:
Steady on now, it's only a steering wheel 😮🤣
Well right now it's just a brick :(

IMG_20221017_180813373.jpg

Instead of showing the options to chose ps5/ps4/pc, the display is stuck there with the 3 points, and after a few minutes the wheel shuts down. It's not frozen because if I unplug the wheel it immediately shows the message "insert wheel". I haven't updated anything yet, just plugged the wheelbase to the ps4 and the outlet, and inserted the wheel :confused:

Well right now it's just a brick :(

View attachment 1201061

Instead of showing the options to chose ps5/ps4/pc, the display is stuck there with the 3 points, and after a few minutes the wheel shuts down. It's not frozen because if I unplug the wheel it immediately shows the message "insert wheel". I haven't updated anything yet, just plugged the wheelbase to the ps4 and the outlet, and inserted the wheel :confused:
Does it respond correctly when you connect to a PC?

Sorry to hear this man.

At least you have Rich right here to help you get things on-track.
Absolutely, he is offering great support and this is why i'm not too worried, i'm sure there will be a solution. Just my luck, seems nobody had this issue... There were problems with an update some weeks ago, but I haven't updated anything, it's just right out of the box. I dont know, maybe this unit was updated with the wrong version of the sofware in the fabric, but in this case I guess other units would be also affected.

Yup. I too really appreciate that support seems to be so-forthcoming, unlike the brand I'd planned on for the last few years.

I'm guessing there'd be a "trick" to "flash the firmware" or something along those lines that may well mean that you can avoid having to send it back. In my experience with pro-audio gear, 99% of the time it involves booting / connecting whilst holding down a certain button combination, so I'm guessing it may be something similar, if indeed it's a "simple" firmware problem.

Last edited:
Met Entso also posted this on reddit so I've been asking follow-up questions on there.
Yup. I too really appreciate that support seems to be so-forthcoming, unlike the brand I'd planned on for the last few years.

I'm guessing there'd be a "trick" to "flash the firmware" or something along those lines that may well mean that you can avoid having to send it back. In my experience with pro-audio gear, 99% of the time it involves booting / connecting whilst holding down a certain button combination, so I'm guessing it may be something similar, if indeed it's a "simple" firmware problem.
Guys I feel so stupid... it was just the wheel not properly inserted into the wheelbase. Believe me I tried several times, but I was afraid of just snapping it into place without lifting the QR collar, and thanks to a suggestion from Rich, about maybe connectors in the QR not sending information to the base, I tried that, and it did the trick! So far it works perfectly, and the pedals also.

Was able to update firmware in PC with G-hub, everything smooth and nice. Now I'm working on adjusting the settings to have the right feel in GT7.

Also, I need a cockpit, but that will have to wait. BTW the desk clamp system is the best I have seen so far. It's rock solid.

Guys I feel so stupid... it was just the wheel not properly inserted into the wheelbase. Believe me I tried several times, but I was afraid of just snapping it into place without lifting the QR collar, and thanks to a suggestion from Rich, about maybe connectors in the QR not sending information to the base, I tried that, and it did the trick! So far it works perfectly, and the pedals also.

Was able to update firmware in PC with G-hub, everything smooth and nice. Now I'm working on adjusting the settings to have the right feel in GT7.

Also, I need a cockpit, but that will have to wait. BTW the desk clamp system is the best I have seen so far. It's rock solid.
That’s awesome you got it to work. If you ever do decide to get a cockpit they have super nice ones for under 1 k.

I have that one and cannot recommend it enough. It’s an actual game changer. I added some shakers to the seat and pedals for around 100, that also was a game changer. The entire experience is just awesome.

My G Pro wheel & pedals should be here today between 2:15 & 4:15 cannot wait to get them on my rig!

Went for the Playstation model because Boosted Media have stated that the PS version will work on PS & PC with the PS wheel but it will also work on XBOX if you fit the XBOX wheel. Something to do with the PS security chip being in the wheelbase & the XBOX security chip being in the wheel.
Will be handy for me when other XBOX wheel options become availible, just swap out the wheel to suit what I am playing on rather than having to mess around swapping cables & controllers with my drivehub every time.

My G Pro wheel & pedals should be here today between 2:15 & 4:15 cannot wait to get them on my rig!

Went for the Playstation model because Boosted Media have stated that the PS version will work on PS & PC with the PS wheel but it will also work on XBOX if you fit the XBOX wheel. Something to do with the PS security chip being in the wheelbase & the XBOX security chip being in the wheel.
Will be handy for me when other XBOX wheel options become availible, just swap out the wheel to suit what I am playing on rather than having to mess around swapping cables & controllers with my drivehub every time.
That has been true for Fanatec kit, but the Logitech website doesn't even seem to have a stand-alone Xbox rim available to allow you to do the same thing, let alone offer that information/clarification? Or am I missing something?

Last edited:
That has been true for Fanatec kit, but the Logitech website doesn't even seem to have a stand-alone Xbox rim available to allow you to do the same thing, let alone offer that information/clarification? Or am I missing something?
Right now, we don't have that as an option available on our site, but reviewers such as Will at Boosted Media have covered this. The PS version of the Pro Wheel has the Sony authentication chip in the base, whereas the XB version has the XB chip in the rim. If we were to ever offer more rims in the future that were XB-compatible then you would be able to connect them to the PS base and have a wheel that works on PS, XB and PC.

Last edited:
Can we share our settings? Right now, with the default settings after updating, it feels like the car has the wheels of a skateboard. Or what can I change? (this is in GT7 with a PS4):

STRENTGH: 11Nm
TF AUDIO: 10
FFB FILTER: 11
DAMPENER: 10

Can we share our settings? Right now, with the default settings after updating, it feels like the car has the wheels of a skateboard. Or what can I change? (this is in GT7 with a PS4):

STRENTGH: 11Nm
TF AUDIO: 10
FFB FILTER: 11
DAMPENER: 10
Adjust the TF Audio setting (or the Vibration setting in the controllers menu of GT7, accessible from the World Map, NOT when you're in a car).

Adjust the TF Audio setting (or the Vibration setting in the controllers menu of GT7, accessible from the World Map, NOT when you're in a car).
Rich you are a life saver again. I had forgotten about the vibration setting, which was at 100.

I lowered it to 10 and pushed TF Audio to 100 maybe it makes no sense but just trying. I thought it would distort the effects, going towards that "gimmick" feeling some players have commented on the Trueforce, but no, it was quite low of course, but felt a bit better.

So I increased Vibration to 50, keeping TF Audio at 100 and lo and behold, the feeling has improved A LOT, specially on kerbs. I'm a fan of kerbs and the vibrations they give to the car, so that was important. Also the effect when there is contact with another car is amazing.

Very happy with the wheel so far, and pedals, really good design and quality.

Is there a place where people share their settings and experiences with the wheel?

Here’s our list of settings.

As for places to share your own settings and your experiences… you’re in one right here. The simracing subreddit is another 😀
Thanks again!

Now that I have all the settings right, and my desk set up at the correct distances and all, I'm enjoying the wheel more and more (coming from controller). Sunday I spent almost all day racing lol. And I learned to not use the pedals barefoot.. got a little blister, and not from the brake pedal, from the gas.

On another thing... any idea why the fan on the wheelbase is always turned on? It will only stop if I unplug the power cable from the base, or from the outlet. It's not because the base is hot and it would be on until it cools down, it has been on for a whole night. It doesn't make a noise, you can only feel it by placing your hand near the back of the base.

Thanks again!

Now that I have all the settings right, and my desk set up at the correct distances and all, I'm enjoying the wheel more and more (coming from controller). Sunday I spent almost all day racing lol. And I learned to not use the pedals barefoot.. got a little blister, and not from the brake pedal, from the gas.

On another thing... any idea why the fan on the wheelbase is always turned on? It will only stop if I unplug the power cable from the base, or from the outlet. It's not because the base is hot and it would be on until it cools down, it has been on for a whole night. It doesn't make a noise, you can only feel it by placing your hand near the back of the base.
I'm guessing you use rest mode? I'm also guessing the power is coming from the USB port.

I can't remember how it works for PS4 but I presume it's similar to the PS5 instructions below, if not, turning the PS4 off should work.

If so on your PS5 go to Settings -> System -> Power Saving -> Features Available In Rest Mode -> Supply Power To USB Ports and either turn off the power to the USB ports, or put the 3 hour time limit on them, or turn the machine off completely (best option IMHO).

Of course if your not using rest mode then disregard everything I've written :P

Last edited:
I'm guessing you use rest mode? I'm also guessing the power is coming from the USB port.

I can't remember how it works for PS4 but I presume it's similar to the PS5 instructions below, if not, turning the PS4 off should work.

If so on your PS5 go to Settings -> System -> Power Saving -> Features Available In Rest Mode -> Supply Power To USB Ports and either turn off the power to the USB ports, or put the 3 hour time limit on them, or turn the machine off completely (best option IMHO).

Of course if your not using rest mode then disregard everything I've written :P
I just checked and it's not related to the PS4. The fan will start the moment you plug the power cable, even when PS4 is turned off, or the base is not connected to the console :(

Yes, the fan will come on when you first plug the power in but it will stop after 15 minutes if the wheel isn’t turned on. In cases where the fan is staying on then something is keeping it awake on the USB side of things. Try disconnecting the USB and you should see that the fan powers off after 15 minutes.

Back