Logitech G Pro Racing Wheel

Pedals just came back in stock. Probably within the last 30 minutes of writing this post. I placed an order, put in a coupon code I found googling, and expedited shipping. I'm happy now.

@LOGI_Rich
Testing the wheel on second PS5 yielded exactly the same results, wheel disconnected within 2 minutes, tested it two times, then we called it a day. And as a bonus the front USB on my PS5 is now half-bricked, most devices do not work with it anymore including the wheel. Are they now, at Logitech, going to repair my PS5 which is by the way out of warranty since the last December? Probably not, they won't take any responsibility for it. What's going to happen now? Am I set for a tedious return process, am I going to get a replacement wheel, what about the damaged PS5 port? Who's going to pay for that? The wheel was the only thing plugged into the port. The rear ports still work but I'm not going to take any chances with the wheel anymore, I want it out my sight ASAP.

@LOGI_Rich
Testing the wheel on second PS5 yielded exactly the same results, wheel disconnected within 2 minutes, tested it two times, then we called it a day. And as a bonus the front USB on my PS5 is now half-bricked, most devices do not work with it anymore including the wheel. Are they now, at Logitech, going to repair my PS5 which is by the way out of warranty since the last December? Probably not, they won't take any responsibility for it. What's going to happen now? Am I set for a tedious return process, am I going to get a replacement wheel, what about the damaged PS5 port? Who's going to pay for that? The wheel was the only thing plugged into the port. The rear ports still work but I'm not going to take any chances with the wheel anymore, I want it out my sight ASAP.
Logitech has great service and @LOGI_Rich is even very active here basically everyday. What more can you wish for. Did you change the usb cble for another one?

Everything will be sorted out in good order for you in the end I’m sure. And once you get it all running with a well functioning sum of all parts you will be really really happy.

The responstime here on the forum by Logitech has been second to none!

Last edited:
Logitech has great service and @LOGI_Rich is even very active here basically everyday. What more can you wish for. Did you change the usb cble for another one?

Everything will be sorted out in good order for you in the end I’m sure. And once you get it all running with a well functioning sum of all parts you will be really really happy.

The responstime here on the forum by Logitech has been second to none!
I already tested everything you can think of. Yes, @LOGI_Rich was actually the only support I got. The support on their webpage has been sluggish at best as my ticket has been open for almost 5 days now without any response from them.

Last edited:
Feel gutted for you guys that appear to have faulty units, Im actually a bit concerned incase there has been a faulty batch.
I honestly think Logitech support is insanely good and they’re a good company that wouldn’t try to brush customers off, if theres a faulty batch I’m sure they’d make it right. The other companies… not so sure.

I call a spade a spade. I would not call Logitech's support insanely good, based on my experience in recent weeks with my order and the fact that numerous others have talked of the same or worse experiences.

Rich does an amazing job on here, but sadly the "support" team that are tasked with responding to and solving the logistics side of customer issues, appears to be very sub-standard. Yes Logitech are a big company and they're not going to disappear with your money or leave you with faulty goods. However, it is a shocking customer experience to have to basically wait a month to replace an expensive product that turns out to be faulty. I was lucky; my wheel and pedals seem fine, but I really feel for others who have not been so lucky and are being strung along waiting days and weeks for support tickets to be answered.

When a "returnable" issue has been identified, Logitech should express ship the replacement items (wheel, pedals, whatever) to the customer so they receive what they paid for ASAP.

We are all passionate about this hobby. We are reliant on the gear we purchase. It's a BIG investment for a sim-racer to plunge 1450 EUR into a new setup, and to then have to wait a month before he/she actually has a functioning product to enjoy? Not cool. Total buzzkill.

Last edited:
My experience with Logitech has been largely positive. In spite of the issues I've faced (I went through two defective wheels before getting one that works). After the first one, I breezed through the return/refund process.

My first wheel was an obvious brick and never worked ever. Support never took longer than a business day to respond to me after about a week of trouble shooting just to make sure the unit was defective.

The second wheel was what the other users were experiencing with the disconnecting on the PlayStation. By this time I rediscovered this forum after being inactive since GT5. @LOGI_Rich has been great at responding to mine and other's questions/issues, I'm not sure other brands offer the attention that we receive from him.

My third wheel seems to be working ok at the moment. I've had a couple instances of connectivity issues, but I'm up more than down with this unit. I'm not positive if this wheel or the previous wheel bricked my PS5's USB ports. But it will connect pretty reliably to my PS4 while on GT Sport.

I've been having repairs done to fix pretty substantial water damage in my apartment and I can't be positive what my point of failure was (wheel, console, wiring), but after the repairs were completed, I haven't had any issues.

I largely choose Logitech because they were the only DD wheel I could find in stock. Fanatech was my first choice, with their GT7 bundle, but from what I gleaned from their own forums, they were not particularly open about their stocking issues and customer support was pretty non-existent. I'm overall satisfied with everything, but I'm very patient these days.

Would be nice not to be a non-consensual product tester though.

I call a spade a spade. I would not call Logitech's support insanely good, based on my experience in recent weeks with my order and the fact that numerous others have talked of the same or worse experiences.

Rich does an amazing job on here, but sadly the "support" team that are tasked with responding to and solving the logistics side of customer issues, appears to be very sub-standard. Yes Logitech are a big company and they're not going to disappear with your money or leave you with faulty goods. However, it is a shocking customer experience to have to basically wait a month to replace an expensive product that turns out to be faulty. I was lucky; my wheel and pedals seem fine, but I really feel for others who have not been so lucky and are being strung along waiting days and weeks for support tickets to be answered.

When a "returnable" issue has been identified, Logitech should express ship the replacement items (wheel, pedals, whatever) to the customer so they receive what they paid for ASAP.

We are all passionate about this hobby. We are reliant on the gear we purchase. It's a BIG investment for a sim-racer to plunge 1450 EUR into a new setup, and to then have to wait a month before he/she actually has a functioning product to enjoy? Not cool. Total buzzkill.
Fair enough, I must have gotten lucky then. My biggest gripe is the support drop off between systems as I mentioned before, Momo works on PS3 then poof doesn’t work on PS4 but it’s been pointed out to me that that’s Sony not them so who knows.

I'm pretty sure there's a whole bunch of malfunctioning units like this out there, as I'm dealing basically with the same issue as @GlockPants. People who bought it primarily for PC usage won't discover the issue and if they do they will probably blame the console USB ports because the wheel works fine with the PC. The GT7 console players like me will end up experiencing pure frustration while going through the tedious troubleshooting process for a couple of days if not weeks, I don't even want to imagine how much longer it would take if it wasn't for @LOGI_Rich who helped to expedite the RMA. I received the wheel exactly a week ago and been doing nothing but troubleshooting it while the support ticket has been open, unanswered til today. Again, if it wasn't for @LOGI_Rich who helped to escalate the case, I'd be still stuck in the support ticket loop for probably another week. And god knows how much friction is still in front of me until I get a replacement. I might still just cancel the order and place another one, I don't mind waiting for a refund 30 days, however, I do mind waiting for the product.

Last edited:
I wonder if people order a wheel and it doesn’t work, send it back, they test it (maybe on PC only?) and find nothing wrong with it, mark it as remanufactured or possibly even new because it literally just had the plastic coverings over the vents removed and then it gets sent out again? except I guess they’d see that same serial number coming back with the same issue.

I do know out of nowhere my headset usb dongle wouldn’t link up and I had to remove it and put it back in so my headset would link up, out of nowhere it started working again to where I didnt have to do anything but press and hold my headset on, and now out of nowhere it quit again? Front USB port on ps5.

knock on wood, so far my wheel has been fine.

I'll just add here that we do not resell returned products "as new". We do have a refurbishment program where we take returned products and resell them, but they go through a stringent range of checks and are sold as refurbished (with a discount) so that there's no possibility of confusion. As we have so few returns on Pro Wheel and Pedals right now, they're not yet in the program though.

Im actually a bit concerned incase there has been a faulty batch.
Certainly not dismissing the problems @GlockPants and @miroshi have been having, but my G Pro is working fine. I'll add "at the moment" but I'm hoping that moment will continue.

There's 3 different versions of the PS5, the original and 2 updates. While they all look the same they have internal changes with the latest having the most modifications, uses less power too. You'd think they would be the same, but I wonder if the different models have an impact on their USB port specs which might be causing problems for some. I say this because the problematic wheels always seem to work fine on PC.

sadly the "support" team that are tasked with responding to and solving the logistics side of customer issues, appears to be very sub-standard.
It's difficult to state that outright. We only hear of a few individual problems that have reached out on this forum. There may be many others who have had a better experience with the support team when needed. Ideally everyone should be treated the same but hiccups in the system can always occur.

And of course there's probably many others who are not having any problems with the wheel whatsoever. But we don't hear from them.

Last edited:
I'll just add here that we do not resell returned products "as new". We do have a refurbishment program where we take returned products and resell them, but they go through a stringent range of checks and are sold as refurbished (with a discount) so that there's no possibility of confusion. As we have so few returns on Pro Wheel and Pedals right now, they're not yet in the program though.
That’s good to know. Sounds like just a handful of wheels then with that problem and probably just an unfortunate inconvenience.

It's difficult to state that outright. We only hear of a few individual problems that have reached out on this forum. There may be many others who have had a better experience with the support team when needed. Ideally everyone should be treated the same but hiccups in the system can always occur.

And of course there's probably many others who are not having any problems with the wheel whatsoever. But we don't hear from them.
I will note, politeness goes a long way when dealing with support. These people have to work with disgruntled people all day long. If you can keep your cool I think it maybe helps a bit. It is tough though, especially when its that amount of money, I have friend that used to do that type of work and he’d take that home with him, he doesn’t do it anymore and overall is in a better mood.

I know the past few pages has been about issues and I do not wish to dismiss them. In fact I’m a bit nervous myself but no PS5 connectivity problems as of yet.

But to shares some of my thoughts:

I enjoy the wheel but my lighter office chair can take about 20kg of max load on the brakes on the NLR 2.0. After that it’s liftoff. I’m also not that khm… “light”. Kind of sucks, looking at the Playseat’s now I’m a bit jealous.

I’m pretty sure @LOGI_Rich won’t be able to confirm any of this, but I’m rather curious what the “Dynamic” display mode is going to be used for. By all means it’s not a large screen but it could be super nice to have some game-related info there.

Also it’s super annoying but most games recognize the whee as a G29 when it comes to buttons. No compatibility mode and proper support for the wheel (like GT7) yet the left-side knob is weird. Like it sees it as the 2 buttons.

In GT it’s very unnatural to have positive effects when turning it downwards. Like it’s the wrong way around.

Also in F1 and GT7 you cannot map the button press on it. That’s the smoking gun since the G29 did not have that.

Not sure if this is a PS5 problem or the devs cut some corners.

Last edited:
It's a natural consequence of having a button feature set that hasn't changed in a long time, that when something new comes along it will take time for developers to adapt. With console titles once development ceases, any support for peripherals is locked in stone - they simply can't know about wheels that don't exist yet! The Pro Wheel will work in those older titles because of our SDK and the way it's structured, but the games will just see it as whatever wheel was available at the time. As time progresses and more newer titles come out, you should see support for Pro Wheel becoming more explicit, as you do in GT7.

I've had a couple instances of connectivity issues
@GlockPants Can you elaborate on that? I've never had a single connectivity issue in my life with any steering wheel, until I tried the Pro wheel, so I'm baffled that there could be a small chance for the wheel to randomly disconnect in the middle of a race. I mean there should be no connection dropouts on any 100% working steering wheel, it either works 100% or else should be a subject of warranty repair, unless there's a good reason and explanation for the disconnection at the time.

Last edited:
@GlockPants Can you elaborate on that? I've never had a single connectivity issue in my life with any steering wheel, until I tried the Pro wheel, so I'm baffled that there could be a small chance for the wheel to randomly disconnect in the middle of a race. I mean there should be no connection dropouts on any 100% working steering wheel, it either works 100% or else should be a subject of warranty repair, unless there's a good reason and explanation for the disconnection at the time.
@miroshi I wish I knew a cause. I've bought a few devices to test equipment but there wasn't anything conclusive.

This is my first experience owning a wheel set up, so I started from square 1 with problems.

By best guess is that there is an issue regarding power. This is based off voltage readings from my wall outlet. Over a period of time, I'd have fluctuations beyond what is considered a normal range. Would be high one time and low another. Even though the AC adapter is rated for such wide voltage input and its output was always 48V (what is normal).

I never once had an issue connecting to my PC though. It leads me to believe that whatever differences there are on the PlayStation environment, on the wheel side, that circuitry is more sensitive to the fluctuations. @LOGI_Rich confirmed that there is something different going on when in a PS4 or PS5 mode. When a power dip or spike occurs, it causes the wheel to reboot (you're probably seeing the 3 dots when it happens). I couldn't say why it happens for certain. I'm no engineer and I lack the tools to test my theory. I also lack the courage to void the warranty and crack it open to look inside.

Just a random thought: you’re all using the three pin power cable that was supplied with the wheel to connect the power supply to the wall socket, right?

Just a random thought: you’re all using the three pin power cable that was supplied with the wheel to connect the power supply to the wall socket, right?
I am, yes. I had been plugging directly into the wall outlet, but I've since been plugging into a surge protector. Just in case it can offer any protection from the power issues I was having.

But, after all the work had been completed repairing my water damage, I haven't had issues. It's been two days so far and I've logged in plenty of hours on GT Sport on my PS4 with no issues so far. I've also removed the carpet sliders I was using to move my rig around my living room when I'm using it, just in case there was a static issue. When not in use I unplug everything, starting with the USB connection to the console, then USB to the wheel, pedals and last the power. I plug everything in using that same order. I don't know if it helps, but I feel it's best to follow the same procedure when testing to eliminate at many variables as possible.

I've gone back and read your posts and see you're using only the included USB cable. I wonder whether its worth yours and Logitech's time to express ship you a new cable and see whether that solves the issue?

The dropouts and disconnections that you describe are exactly what I experienced for a long time with my G29, and those problems all disappeared when I replaced the cable I was using to connect to the PS4 and PS5. 100% problem-free since that day.

Last edited:
@CustomX nah, I had zero issues in PC mode, whereas the PS4 and PS5 modes were basically unplayable with frequent disconnections, tested on two PS5s (launch model + newest model).

@GlockPants Most modern electronics, if the power supply is designed well enough, can withstand major input voltage drops that last up up to 0.5s, and still continue working without rebooting or shutting down. The included power supply seems beefy enough. I mean, if the replacement that I'm about to receive, will exhibit more than 1 unreasonable connection dropout within the return period, I'll just return it and cancel the order, wait for Autumn batches.

Last edited:
Yes, exclusively included cables, the power cable plugged directly to the wall outlet (tested multiple wall outlets), I tried using other cables for troubleshooting as well, but originally I used only the included cables.

Last edited:
@CustomX nah, I had zero issues in PC mode, whereas the PS4 and PS5 modes were basically unplayable with frequent disconnections, tested on two PS5s (launch model + newest model).
I don't know why you would be so dismissive of a possible solution. Its possible that PC mode and the PC you're testing on uses the USB port or USB cable in a different way, no? To bring it back to my own example, the USB extension that I had been using for years with many other peripherals had functioned fine for everything else, but for some reason with my G29 it had issues.

@CustomX, Yes I'm dismissive because I know a little about it. The USB communication, physical layer is the same on all devices, meaning you get 4 wires for ground, comm+, comm-, 5V, that's it, if the cable works with PC, you can stop testing the cable, it's 100% working. This assumption applies to using the included cable only without extensions because that's another can of worms (signal degradation). So the problem is somewhere else, most likely electronics not able to keep the signaling in sync, signaling frequency might differ between PC and PS5. And by the way, I tested different USB cable, 1m long, same issues.

Last edited:
Don’t know if this helps but when I got mine I had it all plugged in and it was working but suddenly it wasn’t. The power cable going into the power supply thing (big rectangle box) wasn’t in tight enough, I could have swore I had it plugged in good but I guess it wasn’t. Doesn’t makes sense why it it works on pc and not ps4/5 but maybe PC can supply the difference in power? Reason I say is I’m pretty sure the green light was even still lit when it wasn’t working, checked connections and that power cable going into the box pushed in a little more. All good so far.

Last edited:
Back