Logitech G Pro Racing Wheel

Yes, they’re not configurable within the game. If you look on the wheel’s OLED settings you’ll see the left and right clutch paddle options. In each of those you’ll see you can assign gas, brake, clutch, handbrake and two other axes (although GT7 doesn’t support those at this time).
I haven't got the wheel yet as I wanted to clarify this before I splashed out the cash. Im a disabled guy and unable to use peddles to play any sim racing games, when I saw the new Pro Wheel had analogue paddles I thought this could be the one I need to use with GT7 on PS5 and some PC racing games.

Thanks for the valuable information I will look forward to receiving the Pro Wheel.

If the analogue paddle settings for axis A & B on the Logitech are the anything like those on my Fanatec McLaren rim you may be able to assign functions to them in game. For example I have mine set to look left & right in GT7.

You can't. The editing fields are absent from the in-game config screen.

The only options we have currently are those available in the wheelbase firmware.

Thankfully they're useful, especially the handbrake IMHO.

Last edited:
Hello, to those who have the Playseat Trophy G edition with the Pro steering wheel.
Is it normal that at some point the velcro sounds?
Or is this a sign that I have to tighten the Velcro straps more?

Thank you!

Last edited:
@LOGI_Rich do you know if Logitech will do a yearly revision of the pro wheel, like PlayStation do?

I got the pro pedals for my g29 and are happy with it, been following this thread, and to me there is to many issues reported for me to pull the trigger on the pro wheel, also considering the bad customer service Logitech have. (That was my expirience when ordering the pedals and have only been confirmed be this thread)

To the Assetto Corsa players:

Do you also have the problem that your steering wheel oscillates at high speeds?

I tested it with a GT3 car.

I use the AC Content Manager and have also limited the FFB for Direct Drive to 11nm and also use the recommended FFB settings from Logitech.

Therefore the question, if you have similar problems and which settings do you use?

Thank you.

Anyone using this with ACC and have an issue with the stick not scrolling on the MFD? It works on the menu but bringing up the MFD it just jumps between the first two lines and won't move down the list..
Nevermind. Keyboard "up/down" conflicting with the wheel. Might be down to it being wireless. Just disable the keyboard binding.

I also didn't get it, and I guess you won't get it either unless you spend enough hours in GT7 VR with a PSVR2 + G Pro in a solid frame.

I was massively disappointed when I first tried GT7, rather stupidly I fell for the 4K hype and review videos and so was expecting 4K per eye. I thought about returning it but as it turns out that would have been a massive mistake. Once the G-Pro was dialled in for maximum realism and my brain had time enough to adjust to the new inputs generated by the VR and wheel, everything changed.

After 2 weeks I felt that I really missed the incredible 65" 4K HDR visuals of GT7 on my TV, so I moved the furniture (no mean feat) and dragged the Trophy back in front of the TV....

Wow... what a disappointment that was! After 10 minutes I switched it off and put everything back, vowing never to race outside of VR again. If you're watching someone else race then yes the 4K is great, but I do not miss it at all in VR because it is just so damn real. I know now that I will never, ever be tempted to go back to a flat screen.

Yes it's true that it is fiddly to get the sweet spot in PSVR2 and middle/far distance is a little 'fuzzy', but the sheer realism FAR outweighs this shortcoming and, after a while, it's hardly noticeable when you're racing. Near distance graphics, i.e. cars near to you and in-car graphics, still look amazing in VR, almost as good as 4K, and those are the only details that you really notice in the heat of a race.

With this kind of VR setup the ONLY thing missing is the G-force and your brain seems to forget all about that after a while, connecting all your other senses completely to the VR lie. Even after 2 months racing every day, every day it still blows my mind how real this feels and I exit the seat feeling like I just spent an hour in a real racing car. It's the TrueForce that makes all the difference, feeling every gear change, track detail and wheel scrub through the wheel and Trophy frame results in a truly real experience that I am now completely addicted to.

I actually spent the first 4 weeks in cars with a solid roof, then when I dropped into an open top car for the first time... BANG... VR delivered yet another huge WOW moment I won't soon forget. This just keeps on getting better and better. When I first raced F1 on my PS1 decades ago, I never imagined in my wildest dreams that this would be possible in the home within my lifetime.
Hmm vr is not anything that takes time to get used to. If you dont understand it the first minute you use it you never will. Oculus Rift Cv1 was my first and it took a full ms in lfs formula bmw in a street track to realize this is way superior. Vr is not about 4k is about correct fov, scale and above all depth perception. On a 2D monitor you are always desperately looking for brake markers. You dont know how much uphill it is and distance is just guesswork and a lot of trial and error where as in vr I get around as easilly as in real life. The struggles is just mentally to push past my comfort zone where on 2D I constsntly brake to late and I have no respekt as I am not fooled its realistic. This is why the racing line aid was invented. It makes no sense in vr.

I cant see how some could not understand it. I understand some get nausea for various reason or feel claustrophobic or perhaps just like retina more and just race more casually and dont really value immersion all that much. If you use the behind car camera for example vr do get kind of pointless I feel

I modded the wheel to remove the stupid exposed alan-nuts. These are not "cool" Logitech. Stop doing that.
You're right, that looks much better :D

I doubt it's to do with trying to be cool, it's just that's normally how (non-OEM shopping car) wheels are mounted and is especially common with aftermarket wheels...

ferrari-f40-steering-wheel-1024x768.jpg

I doubt it's to do with trying to be cool, it's just that's normally how (non-OEM shopping car) wheels are mounted and is especially common with aftermarket wheels...

I like it, looks more race car. The alternative is have a plastic cover snap into place over top it all. No thanks.

Didn't know that. So I was right..logitech is trying to be "cool". It just makes it look cheap and tacky.

Ok one last one. Unfortunately to keep this I'll have to crack a glow stick every day.:lol:

Honestly, not happy with the way this wheel looks, borderline hate it.
I am quite stunned this can bother anyone. A 'first world problem' would be an understatement.
I couldn't care less about visible or invisible screws, as i can't see it when i'm racing (and even if i could i still wouldn't care). I care about the rim diameter, how the rim feels in my hands and how the forces feel and how durable it feels. And that's all perfectly executed.

Honestly, not happy with the way this wheel looks, borderline hate it.
Now the irony here is if you were to use VR you wouldn't see the wheel. :mischievous: ;)

Personally I like the wheel design. It's just the L/R 3 buttons placement that I'm not so keen on.

I am quite stunned this can bother anyone. A 'first world problem' would be an understatement.
I couldn't care less about visible or invisible screws, as i can't see it when i'm racing (and even if i could i still wouldn't care). I care about the rim diameter, how the rim feels in my hands and how the forces feel and how durable it feels. And that's all perfectly executed.
You're stunned that aesthetics can bother anyone? So if someone turned your daily motor into a very solid comfortable racing pink Prius that wouldn't bother you then? First-world-problem me hole - second and third world problem for a lot of people that one.

I bought the wheel off reviews based on it's performance and over-looked how it looked despite Karl Gosling saying "it's a horrible looking thing" and others referred to it being "ugly" but I focused on the performance.

The problem is when it's sitting next to you all day and you have to look at it then aesthetics starts to degrade the experience. I have the old G25 here and it looks better in a distinguished sort of way with only two buttons. The Pro is dull and "droopy" looking with what seems like tacky button-modules bolted on around the centre and one rotary switch sideways like someone with a dodgy eye - not to mention the exposed screws. A gaming racing wheel should be like the car from the outside - balanced, seealess and visually eye catching.

Of course it's subjective but then this is a thread to air opinions on the wheel after-all.

I don’t even look at my wheel when I race. Usually too dark in the room anyway.

Better put masking tape over the same circle of Allen head bolts on your G25 too.

Last edited:
You're stunned that aesthetics can bother anyone? So if someone turned your daily motor into a very solid comfortable racing pink Prius that wouldn't bother you then? First-world-problem me hole - second and third world problem for a lot of people that one.

I bought the wheel off reviews based on it's performance and over-looked how it looked despite Karl Gosling saying "it's a horrible looking thing" and others referred to it being "ugly" but I focused on the performance.

The problem is when it's sitting next to you all day and you have to look at it then aesthetics starts to degrade the experience. I have the old G25 here and it looks better in a distinguished sort of way with only two buttons. The Pro is dull and "droopy" looking with what seems like tacky button-modules bolted on around the centre and one rotary switch sideways like someone with a dodgy eye - not to mention the exposed screws. A gaming racing wheel should be like the car from the outside - balanced, seealess and visually eye catching.

Of course it's subjective but then this is a thread to air opinions on the wheel after-all.
I do care about my car a bit more as people associate it with me. But my car also has a lot of haters, especially men. I can't care. Can't please everyone so why bother. It is a blast driving it though (way more important). And i don't first buy it and then start complaining on a forum i don't like how it looks.
Complaining multiple times about the aesthetics of a simwheel, the screws of all things, is beyond my comprehension. Just sell the thing, or put a hood over it, or pray to the simracing Gods the next rim will be a pretty one.
You made your point with your first post about it, no need to keep bringing it up.

(I actually cover up my whole wheelstand when i'm not racing, to keep dust away from the wheel, pedals and ssh shifter.)

Last edited:
To the Assetto Corsa players:

Do you also have the problem that your steering wheel oscillates at high speeds?

I tested it with a GT3 car.

I use the AC Content Manager and have also limited the FFB for Direct Drive to 11nm and also use the recommended FFB settings from Logitech.

Therefore the question, if you have similar problems and which settings do you use?

Thank you.
I don't feel it while racing but my wheel does start to oscillate when i don't firmly hold it at high speed. (Which never happens, but i did it to test it. I always have a firm grip especially at high speed.) What is your dampener setting on the wheel? I have mine at 10.

Last edited:
quick update, couple times last night I thought I felt that little tick turning left coming back, going to pay real close attention to it from now on and when it’s very noticeable, I’m going to try my fix right then and there and see if that solves it.

I noticed it only when braking, beginning to think that’s where it starts and then once that spring hooks something it will only get worse until I turn it away from whatever it’s hooking.

stay tuned.

I don't feel it while racing but my wheel does start to oscillate when i don't firmly hold it at high speed. (Which never happens, but i did it to test it. I always have a firm grip especially at high speed.) What is your dampener setting on the wheel? I have mine at 10.
Hi,

that's also what I meant. You should not let go of the steering wheel at higher speeds. Normally you don't, but you can feel the vibrations in the wheel if you touch it lightly at high speeds.

I don't know what settings I'm driving at the moment. I'll have to check later.

I think my damper is higher. I think as recommended in the link, but I am not sure.

I do care about my car a bit more as people associate it with me. But my car also has a lot of haters, especially men. I can't care. Can't please everyone so why bother. It is a blast driving it though (way more important). And i don't first buy it and then start complaining on a forum i don't like how it looks.
Complaining multiple times about the aesthetics of a simwheel, the screws of all things, is beyond my comprehension. Just sell the thing, or put a hood over it, or pray to the simracing Gods the next rim will be a pretty one.
You made your point with your first post about it, no need to keep bringing it up.

(I actually cover up my whole wheelstand when i'm not racing, to keep dust away from the wheel, pedals and ssh shifter.)
Relaxe. There's not a lot going on in this thread, and I said "one last one". Appreciate the life-options you've outlined - never knew I could sell it or cover it up. Cheers buddy.

it's common that people buy something and then change their mind on how something looks to them or how much a negative would build over time. Since you cover your wheel up then it's not akin to furniture that someone looks at regularly so this doesn't apply to you.
The line of thought on the aesthetic is ultimately information for logitech to chew on. If this upsets you, I sincerely apologise.

Hi,

that's also what I meant. You should not let go of the steering wheel at higher speeds. Normally you don't, but you can feel the vibrations in the wheel if you touch it lightly at high speeds.

I don't know what settings I'm driving at the moment. I'll have to check later.

I think my damper is higher. I think as recommended in the link, but I am not sure.

I don't feel those vibrations at all. The urge from the wheel to oscillate by turning it lightly is so low it only happens pretty much by not holding the wheel at all. It might also be due to settings in AC..but would be difficult to pinpoint as there are many settings. For example i use custom shaders patch and have activated 'FFB tweaks'..no idea what it does.

There’s like an hour long video somewhere of the guy that worked on ACC explaining how to setup your wheel best. Part of that is talking about dampening and filter. In a nutshell he says you should be able to let go of the wheel, give it flick with your finger and it eventually settle back to center but should oscillate somewhat. If it settles back to center too quickly then you have to decrease dampener.

Hello guys,
New kid on the block.
I’m facing a strange issue since the late 1.34 update in GT7.
Now, when connecting the Logitech g Pro wheel, the angle value is automatically at 1080. (Before it was 900, then you had to change it manually)
Angle setting on the wheel changes by itself automatically (different values depending on cars and tracks).

Could you try to have a look at your angle value on wheel little screen and tell me if you’re having the behavior.

Many thanks for your reply.

Back