Logitech G27 Guide

• Thread starter LeStique
  • 227 comments
G27 does not have a sequential gear on the stick, only H-gate on the stick. And the paddles don't work with the clutch, probably because I can't think of a single car that has a clutch/paddle gearbox.

If by stock cars you mean NASCAR, they have a 4 speed non sequential. Not many cars these days have sequential sticks, they're mostly all paddle now.

G27 does not have a sequential gear on the stick, only H-gate on the stick. And the paddles don't work with the clutch, probably because I can't think of a single car that has a clutch/paddle gearbox.

If by stock cars you mean NASCAR, they have a 4 speed non sequential. Not many cars these days have sequential sticks, they're mostly all paddle now.

Thanks! By stock i mean some kind of GTR cars, that used on WTCC, aren't them on sequential stick anymore?

I've got a top tip - don't put a cup of tea on the same desk your wheel is attached to.

Learned this one the hard way yesterday morning. Then once again in the evening. Then my mum gave me a refresher this afternoon. Beverages and the G27 DO NOT MIX YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED(!)

Edit: Nvm, the power cord came unplugged somehow so the wheel and shifter are working but the force feedback is not working at all. I adjusted it to 8 in the options menu but it is not on in races. There isn't some sort of option to turn the force feedback on is there?

Last edited:
Also struggled a bit when using G27 with GT5 for the first time. But when you get a hold of it, its pure joy. All the way. The FF gives you such a goo feeling of the road beneath you and how the ca behaves. I only use 1 tho, and power steering on. And for me, that works perfect. No issues!

And if you start using the paddels (behind the wheel) you do not need to clutch. When you clutch it wil gear to whatever the stick is positioned in. So if you are in 4 and the stick is in 3. You clutch...it wil go to 3. You can just shift upwards with the right (no clucth) to go to 5.

the last portion is incorrect.

If you have the stick in the first gear position, begin to use the paddle, and hit the clutch, it will stay engaged in the gear that you are in with the paddles. Period. End of story. This is what i do when i want to drift. Paddles + Clutch = Win.

Pedal-Force

Leave your stick in first gear, shift with the paddles, and hit the clutch. The clutch works perfectly fine with the paddles.

Not many cars these days have sequential sticks, they're mostly all paddle now.

My BMW (real life) has both.
Sequential shifter (if you drop it over to manual mode) and Paddles.
To tell you the truth though, I have no use for the shifter. After using Paddles, you just can't go back to sequential shifting. It seems slow and your taking one hand off the wheel.

From what I can tell, the game only registers a gear change if the clutch is depressed 100%, which can be very difficult when your vying for position whilst winding on armfulls of lock and reaching for another gear.

I have to say that this is false. I've really been loving the clutchwork realism on my G27, and by that I mean the technique to shifting that actually makes a difference in the way the car responds.

I have found that, depending on the car (perhaps, this could just be in my head and it may be the same for all the cars), clutch engagement point is a bit on the higher half of pedal travel. It is possible to press the pedal about 50% and still make a gear change, whether the gear change works and is smooth depends on how you're moving the gear shifter and throttle and at what point in the sequence.

I have to say that this is false. I've really been loving the clutchwork realism on my G27, and by that I mean the technique to shifting that actually makes a difference in the way the car responds.

I have found that, depending on the car (perhaps, this could just be in my head and it may be the same for all the cars), clutch engagement point is a bit on the higher half of pedal travel. It is possible to press the pedal about 50% and still make a gear change, whether the gear change works and is smooth depends on how you're moving the gear shifter and throttle and at what point in the sequence.

Yeah, gear changing change from a car to another and since the last update (1.05) the clutch is now progressive as well 👍

I sold my DFGT to buy a G27 and I feel so bad. The G27 can't do anything... it only have lights...

I wanted to change the setup on the fly like I used to do on my old wheel... If it isn't possible, at least we should have all buttons working!!

What about the petition? I'm in.

After testing my g25, the problem appears to be that the H-shifter won't engage 2nd or 3rd gear if the gas is pressed at all, regardless of whether the clutch is fully pressed in or not. 1st, 4th, 5th and 6th all work if the clutch is pressed regardless of whether the gas is pressed or not. This is bush league crap, especially considering it was working perfectly in prologue. Heel/toe downshifting is impossible.

Don't get me started on the horrible brake pedal mapping that makes it virtually impossible to drive without abs on. Why would they break the controls that were working fine in prologue?

ya, u have to let go of the gas momentarily when you change gears. which is fine with me, as thats how i drive in real life. i didnt realize it lets you change some gears with the acc pressed. that shouldnt be.

will check that out tomorrow.

i'm finally picking up my G27 at the post office tomorrow (nobody was home friday:() after almost 2 months of waiting
i can't wait to get set up and start practice

You can have gas on the G27 whilst shifting. I've been learning Toe & Heel down shifting and although I'm not great, it often works fine.

My G27 will be here wens - hopefully all goes without a hitch. I really don't want to have to go back to the DFGT again! This wheel better rule......but after finding/reading this thread I'm a little nervous.

I´m using the G27 just for the first day that came out with a lot of games and it works really well in GT5 ...the only problem is that we can setup our buttons like in others wheels and that is really bad for owners like me. I hope they give us some Update with this.
Maybe one day G27 works as well as in my PC with all features like calibrate death zones and gas/brake pressures. (like rFactor or GTR games)

used it for the first time, FFB needs to be lower i think, i was all over the place.
i reckon i have to start with something slower

I've only had mine for a couple of days and I don't find any problems with it. FFB set to middle is just right.

Who cares about the buttons. I don't drive online so not having the horn isn't a problem. I can navigate with the dpad and the four black buttons above. That is good enough for me.

Hi guys! I'm planning to replace my DFGT with a G27 but I have a couple of questions first:

1. I'd like to know if I can show the RA menu and navigate thru it using the d-pad on the shifter... I don't care about horn or whipers, but I do care about RA menu...
And what if I use my DS3 for RA menu and every other button not working on the wheel? wheel + controller works together?

2. How does manual shifting works? I mean how can I choose between paddles and shifter+stick?

Thanks!!:sly:

2. How does manual shifting works? I mean how can I choose between paddles and shifter+stick?

Thanks!!:sly:

You can use either at any time.

If you start off with the stick, you can press the clutch to engage a gear at the start. Once you have done that it will require you to press the clutch each time you change gear. If you do not, or you get the timing wrong you are dropped into neutral. You can move the stick anywhere you like, but until you press the clutch again you will not be able to engage a gear.

If you do not use the clutch then you are able to still change gear with the stick but no clutch is required.

If you started off without using the clutch but half way round you use the clutch, then you need to keep on using the clutch.

If you get bored using the clutch you can just switch to using the paddles t any time (just by pressing one). Once you press a paddle then the clutch requirement is gone. You might have left the stick in 4th, but as soon as you press a paddle the position of the stick is ignored.

I think that if you have moved to using the paddles (or you started out with paddles) you can still revert to using the stick without clutch.

If you have been using the sequential paddles you can still go back to the stick& clutch. Just press the clutch and engage a gear and it's back in that mode.

It seems very logical and is great.

It's nice to use the stick and clutch but sometimes you just want to finish and find that the paddles give you a bit of an advantage.

I think when you are using the stick in clutchless mode it doesn't ever go into neutral. It instantly changes from one gear to the next. (I don't have the PS3 on at the moment so cannot me 100% sure)

You can stall the engine as in a normal car. To restart just press the clutch and then press the accelerator.

What is the RA menu?

You can use either at any time.

If you start off with the stick, you can press the clutch to engage a gear at the start. Once you have done that it will require you to press the clutch each time you change gear. If you do not, or you get the timing wrong you are dropped into neutral. You can move the stick anywhere you like, but until you press the clutch again you will not be able to engage a gear.

If you do not use the clutch then you are able to still change gear with the stick but no clutch is required.

If you started off without using the clutch but half way round you use the clutch, then you need to keep on using the clutch.

If you get bored using the clutch you can just switch to using the paddles t any time (just by pressing one). Once you press a paddle then the clutch requirement is gone. You might have left the stick in 4th, but as soon as you press a paddle the position of the stick is ignored.

I think that if you have moved to using the paddles (or you started out with paddles) you can still revert to using the stick without clutch.

If you have been using the sequential paddles you can still go back to the stick& clutch. Just press the clutch and engage a gear and it's back in that mode.

It seems very logical and is great.

It's nice to use the stick and clutch but sometimes you just want to finish and find that the paddles give you a bit of an advantage.

I think when you are using the stick in clutchless mode it doesn't ever go into neutral. It instantly changes from one gear to the next. (I don't have the PS3 on at the moment so cannot me 100% sure)

You can stall the engine as in a normal car. To restart just press the clutch and then press the accelerator.
:drool: That's what I call an helpful and complete answer! Thanks a lot :D Sounds cool.... can't wait to drive with clutch and stick... I already know I'll need 2 months to get used to it....

What is the RA menu?
I meant the in-race menu used to change ABS, TCS and many other settings on the fly

I can drive stick in real life, but it was still nice to learn on racecars by using paddle shifters first, then just the H-gate without clutch, then h gate with clutch. love this wheel!

also- a question. Has anyone moved around the pedal positions to make it easier to heel-toe?

And what if I use my DS3 for RA menu and every other button not working on the wheel? wheel + controller works together?

This is what im doing and it works fine. When DS3 is setup i use that for RA and the buttons on the wheel still work as they always have.

This is what im doing and it works fine. When DS3 is setup i use that for RA and the buttons on the wheel still work as they always have.
Amazing, thanks :D RA menu is a must for me, especially in practice mode when setting up a brand new car...

Anyone who DOES need to use a controller for additional inputs, as well as there G27 mid racing can do. You just have to set the controller as Controlller 1 when holding down the PS button. Then they'll work in sync.

Concerning remapping the wheel buttons... I read that there are really only 2 buttons (mechanically/electronically) and that the 3 on the left are 1 button and the 3 on the right are the other.

Is this true?

I don't have a G27 yet (which is why I just spent an hour reading all these posts ;) ), but this might explain why no one can map more than 2 functions (lights and rear view) to these buttons?

Yup I have no problem with the wheel and controller...I just wait to plug in the USB till after I boot up. But I find I don't need it much only when taking photos!

I can't follow your button logic - only the wheel buttons dont work for me...2 of the red ones on the shifter work (as start and select) and the dpad/buttons of course - this was right outta the box!

anyone else feel like driving a BUS? Is there ANY way to tighten up the steering? Just got the G27, switching from a DFP... Kinda missing the old DFP.

HELP... PLEASE

I meant the in-race menu used to change ABS, TCS and many other settings on the fly

I've read that for some people the D-pad doesn't do anything but mine works fine. I can navigate any menus using the buttons on the stick shift. I only ever touch the DS3 controller for the PS3 button.

I think there maybe problems in photo mode, but I haven't tried that since getting the wheel.

Hi guys - thanks for several good suggestions.

I have 3 questions about the G27 and the game:

First, in the controller I could press the "select" button to change the perspective...is there a way to change this with one of two buttons on the wheel or those on the stick shifter?

Second, do I have set each car to manual mode or is there a way to make my whole fleet automatically to manual setting?

Lastly, I have the G27 plugged into #1 slot (left one) and the normal controller into the other (only two USBs on front) - but now most of the functions on the controller do not work...is there a way to correct this?

Thanks

Back