• Thread starter drivatar
  • 1,154 comments
Update:

G29 for PS3, PS4 and PC
£300 / 400€
Available in July 2015

G920 for XB1 and PC
Available in October 2015

Driving Force Shifter available as an optional add-on and sold separately.
Six-speed gear selector and push-down reverse.

Introducing the Logitech G Driving Force Racing Wheels
http://gaming.logitech.com/en-gb/product/g29-driving-force?wt.ac_id=global_news_g29_06112015
http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/press/press-releases/11956
http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/press/press-releases/11954
http://support.logitech.com/product/g29-driving-force
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-ps4-and-reveals-a-new-xbox-one-contender-too

G29:
KFUteR8.jpg

G920:
66ImQns.jpg

------------------------------------------
G29 Driving Force is the definitive sim racing hardware for the latest PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 and PC titles. Feature dual-motor force feedback and helical gearing for quiet, smooth steering. Stainless steel paddle shifters and RPM/Shift indicator LEDs help you make crisp, fluid gear transitions without taking your eyes off the track. The separate pedal unit gives you natural, responsive control with a nonlinear brake pedal. Driving Force is built for comfort and durability with hand-stitched leather and stainless steel components. Built-in clamps and bolt points allow the wheel to be mounted securely to a table or racing rig, minimising shifting or wobbling during aggressive manoeuvres.
  • The definitive sim racing wheel for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3
  • Dual-motor force feedback to simulate realistic driving
  • Smooth, quiet and precise steering action
  • Durable leather/metal components
http://www.amazon.de/dp/B00YUOVBZK/

------------------------------------------

From the Project Cars forum:

Yep this thing exists and will be launched around August with PS3/PS4 support.

Can't say much more.
A friend that works for Logitech.

Manual shifter will be sold separately.

Hope we get some info at E3.
Pedals are design G27 but better
What You now see is prototype, just wait 6-7 weeks
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?26382-Logitech-G29

AEmklr9.jpg

lSkAa72.png

Could be fake but there are certificates referencing a Logitech G29 Driving Force Racing Wheel:
http://novocert.ru/Documents/Document.aspx?Id=4598470

Logitech Driving Force Shifter:
http://novocert.ru/Documents/Document.aspx?Id=4598505

Edit: Message from @Soulfresh_ACV
Please feel free to ask any questions, share your experiences or any issues. If you want to recommend Logitech G29/G920 Force Feedback Wheel to others or looking for alternative wheels, go to The Ultimate force feedback "Wheel Buyers Guide" for Game Consoles.

Last edited:
Boy, I hope they do something better with the L/R2/3 buttons and options/share/PS button... Apart from that, the blue strip and the lack of stainless steel, it's actually not bad. I see no reason to believe this is fake or a photoshop, the stitching where the leather changes texture at the top of the rim is different to the G27 (the join is horizontal on the G27 where it's vertical on the G29) which would be an odd detail to change if it were fake.

Hmm, interesting. I guess it could be real, or a really good mock up.

Jerome

Visually, it looks a little nasty. Functionally, it looks great. Presumably it'll still only support Sony platforms plus PC. I'll also be curious to hear if and how it has changed internally.

I really wonder its price and release date. This may cancel my eventual purchase of the T300.

IF it is real.

I did at High School, I completely missed the ones at OP, but now seeing them makes me think that way.
Going into High School next year lol, but prior knowledge shows that we might get a reveal at E3 or another FCC entry for a final product.

Wow, that's crazy... *waits for major backlash at Logitech IF G25/27 driver support isn't added for Playstation 4*

Last edited:
The base looks identical to the G25/G27, so I would guess that it is gear driven and that’s not a very good start. Also the buttons are recycled from the DFGT and they are good on a DFGT and I like them, but look weird on this wheel. The whole thing looks like put together from already existing parts with little, to no effort for improvement. Let’s see if it is real first, but for now it looks just lazy.

The base looks identical to the G25/G27, so I would guess that it is gear driven and that’s not a very good start. Also the buttons are recycled from the DFGT and they are good on a DFGT and I like them, but look weird on this wheel. The whole thing looks like put together from already existing parts with little, to no effort for improvement. Let’s see if it is real first, but for now it looks just lazy.

Apparently That's a Prototype from what was said in the Pcars forum.

If it comes, great
If it's the same sane price, great
If comes with a shifter as standard or optional at a reasonable price, great
If legacy support also comes as a result of this, great

This wheel has to be great

Ergonomically speaking, assuming it's the same 27cm diameter as the DFGT, G25 and G27, that prototype rim looks very thick and has very badly placed D-pad and PS4 buttons. Definitely "wait and see what reviews say" on that front, if it is released.

The body of the wheel (and paddles) looks typical G27, so I also assume it will come with the tried and tested Logitech cog design, not a new design with brushless motor and belts to compete with Fanatec and Thrustmaster tech directly. This impacts their competitive position, but perhaps only among a portion of the market.

Thinking about price - If the shifter costs extra, that could be for two reasons:
  1. To bring the basic wheel+pedals down into (or below) the €200 price range with shifter costing €50-75 on top. This pricing I could understand and the base package would make a compelling PS4 solution for most people.
  2. Because they can't hit the €250 price point anymore unless they take the shifter out of the bundle. This would bring them painfully close to the Thrustmaster brushless belt-driven offerings (TX and T300 are both available for around €280-290 now). I wouldn't ever recommend a €250 gear-driven shifter-free G29 over the more powerful, smoother and quieter Thrustmaster options.

This is a prototype. It's a rough mock up of what the final production version will look like. The buttons and base housing could change.

IMO I like this wheel a lot. I've had the DFGT and I currently have the G27 and one of the things I miss the most from the DFGT is the adjustment dials and d-pad/buttons on the wheel face. It looks like a race wheel with the button placements and adjustment dials which will add to the immersion factor. I also like the thicker wheel rim.

I'm very anxious to see if it is going to have the same FFB as the G27 and what the pricing is 👍

Selling the shifter separately and rolling both wheels into one model makes so much more sense than having a two-wheel range where each had their own advantages but weren't interchangeable (i.e. you couldn't really use a G27 without the shifter, you couldn't use G27 pedals or shifter with a DFGT...). I like this.

I also think it's completely acceptable to stick to gear drive but only if they swap from helical gears to herringbone. Sure, it still won't be silent and sure, it'll still feel notchy, but the awful clicking sound you get every time the motors change direction will be gone (because you won't get the linear force along the motor axis any more). Brushed motors are also fine by me; I bought my Driving Force Pro from a guy who bought it when GT4 was new, used it until I got my G27 and then gave the DFP to a friend who is still using it now - that's not heavy use, but still, that's like 11 years old now and still going strong (and extremely loud, no doubt).

In my opinion they should just change the gears from helical to herringbone to get the noise down, keep the rest of the G27's internals and get the price as close to £200 as possible, sell the shifter for an additional £50-80 and enjoy dominating the lower end of the market as they did before.

My G27 never makes a clicking noise when changing directions...

Really? It's quite a common complaint. It's the result of Logitech using helical gears as explained here; under load the motor shafts will slide along their axis of rotation, which results in noise.

My DFGT did that after I had it for a couple years. Nothing yet from my G27. It's a solid and quiet as the day I got it about 2 1/2 years ago now. The only way you can tell it's used is the leather is starting to get a little worn where my hands are most of the time. And I drifted quite a bit on GT5/6 with the FFB setting maxed out at 10. Even hosted 3 full season of the GTP Formula D championship. Oh, and I haven't had the sticking pedal problem either. :D

Another pic. Can see the separately sold shifter box in the background.

original.jpg

Edit: Just noticed the Logo in the centre of this wheel and the one in the pic at the top of the thread are different, WTF!

Now I really hope that this has the same hard mounting points as the G27......

Random question however, could this be backwards compatible with the PS2 perhaps? It should use the same usual Logitech drivers for that maybe.

The 1st image looks like a prototype, but the image just above looks slightly better quality. The G logo matches the one on the shifter box and the leather looks as though it has been finished better too.

The base looks the same as a G27, so if this is the final version, I would hope that it has the same mounting points as the G27.

So, I wonder, will a G27 shifter plug into a G29 wheel?

Looks real to me, if it is then it means no G25/27 PS4 support surely, although the good news is this will be cheap(er than the T300rs for sure).

I'm still not sure I believe, but it'd be nice to see Logitech back in the mix. Wonder whats up with the second wheels G logo tho?

Back